Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: In Preparation for Star Legends Launch, Platinum is Now Game Specific

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deafmaster View Post
    Here are my two pennies....I completely understand that the devs HAD to make this change for whatever reason, whether it be apple, or this or that. The thing is, that after the universal currency was announced, and SL was submitted, myself along with who knows how many went to buy plat "IN PREPARATION FOR SL". Now, this is where i have a problem. I only purchased the plat because it was supposed to be good for SL, and i wanted to be ready for the release which is maybe tomorrow, maybe tomorrow, maybe tomorrow, (stopped counting days lol).

Furthermore I didn't purchase the plat "in game", but on the PL website, because plat isn't available on the SL website so I HAD NO CHOICE. If it was possible to purchase on SL website i would have, or if I was warned this would happen i would have waited. It frustrating that the devs can just take back what they said, but I can't take back the 90$ i spent on...well the wrong game apparently. I'm not rich, and 90$ is hard earned for me, so when i spend it i spend it carefully. Being told one thing to entice or encourage me to purchase, then being told the opposite really grinds my gears.

Again, I know this change wasn't done spitefully, or deceivingly, but you have to admit from our point of view(the consumer), it is extremely frustrating. I know this is a heck of a long shot but if the devs team TRUELY wants to be fair to everyone, they should allow the credits and only the credits that were purchased after the universal currency was announced to be transferred over to SL. That way, people like myself that purchased platinum for the sole reason of spending it on SL will not feel robbed.

Anyone else feel like this?
    I know how you feel. I had 200 plat remaining and I started not using it, expecting the game to come out end of Q2. Then the beta people got the game and I kept saving and hoping. Then it was release to all Android users, and I kept saving. Then I gave up, figuring it will never come to iOS and started spending the plat.

I had a gift card to iTunes and almost used it for plat, but now I am glad I didn't.

But if I had, I would send a PM to support and tell them that plat was intended for SL and I use iOS so I had to buy it through PL. These guys are so cool, I know they would at least reply, even if they can't change it.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 08-09-2011 at 03:46 PM.