Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: In Preparation for Star Legends Launch, Platinum is Now Game Specific

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    My opinion is they could have decided to not do anything. Be happy they decided to reward everyone because of APPLE's issues.
    But many people bought in bulk just because of the "Universal Plat Thingy"

Basically, say....

You buy an extremely cool game, for Fifty Bucks. It has revolutionary graphics. You want to buy it because you want a piece of that 3D Virtual Cake. Everything. But then, it is discovered that the XBox refuses to approve the graphics because..yada yada yada. So they reduce the graphics to 2005 Gamecube style, and then refund you 5 bucks. YAY! I feel so happy now! </S> I don't know what you guys are eating in your Cocoa Puffs, but I imagine I would be pretty freaking mad about the change.

In a way, this is what STS has done to the certain people that bought in bulk because of the Announcement.. (I didn't, but...) They announced an exciting new feature, kind of. So many people went out and spent 50 bucks, in advance, because of the announcement. So now, they recall the announcement, but give you 5 dollars.

AND! Most of the people who spent 50$ only spent because of the Universal Platinum, from what I've read. So...it's kind of cheap, but I guess you are also right in a sense. And I guess they couldn't help it. They didn't HAVE TO reward them for their trouble, but if they didn't, it'd be bad customer service.

My 0.02, feel free to ignore this.
    Last edited by noobmigo; 08-09-2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Clarity and spelling error...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodwink View Post
    Hello Sam, my acct had a problem with the free plat. I had no issue getting the free 30 plat (thank you so much!), but the plat I had prior to the update wiped out my previous amt of plat I had on hand.
    Anyone else experience this?

Please, advise..
    It wasn't wiped, but it was tied in with the announcement that platinum is now Game Specific. That platinum now should be on your Pocket Legends account. I'm not a developer, but if my logic is right. That is where everyones' lost platinums went.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #43
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodwink View Post
    Hello Sam, my acct had a problem with the free plat. I had no issue getting the free 30 plat (thank you so much!), but the plat I had prior to the update wiped out my previous amt of plat I had on hand.
    Anyone else experience this?

Please, advise..
    Hoodwink, your Plat has been moved to be just available in Pocket Legends. If you need further explination, please write us via e-mail to support(at)spacetimestudios.com (replace the (at) with the @ symbol).

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hoodwink, your Plat has been moved to be just available in Pocket Legends. If you need further explination, please write us via e-mail to support(at)spacetimestudios.com (replace the (at) with the @ symbol).

Thanks!
    I sniped Sam! Whoohoo!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Dang. I'm ios user, so I don't have the beta. I had loaded with Platinum using PL for use in SL
    TVIS - 56 Warrior | Pocket Legends Founder
    TVIS - 35 Commando
    TVIS - 31 Male Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Yeah, I'm kinda in the same boat, Tvis. I'm not going to stop playing PL, so that plat will come in handy there one way or another. At some point, I'll have to buy some additional plat for use in SL, but I would've bought the plat anyway. Who it's hardest on is kids or others without some disposable income that purchased it now for use in SL later. Now they have plat one place, but wanted to use it elsewhere. Those folks....I really am sorry things worked out this way, guys.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Platinum rule

Im annoyed at this move. I bought platinum in pl with the intention of using it in blackstar. If this was your intention you should have told us before the beta was launched. I appreciate the free platinum so thank you for that but to suddenly do this feels unfair. I dont want to use the platinum I bought in pl for pl and feel I have now wasted my money.
    Last edited by Griazity; 08-09-2011 at 05:59 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    *** Griazity - lvl 56 mage *** Odrahan - lvl 52 *** Iakaban - lvl 30 Warrior ***

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    Yeah, I'm kinda in the same boat, Tvis. I'm not going to stop playing PL, so that plat will come in handy there one way or another. At some point, I'll have to buy some additional plat for use in SL, but I would've bought the plat anyway. Who it's hardest on is kids or others without some disposable income that purchased it now for use in SL later. Now they have plat one place, but wanted to use it elsewhere. Those folks....I really am sorry things worked out this way, guys.
    Also these kiddies right here who have a job but don't have enough to support both games in bulk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Yup, yup. That's who I meant by, "....others without some disposable income...". Sometimes the entertainment dollars get stretched a leeeetle tight.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I, too, am grateful for the plat bump in Sl but bought plat to split between pl and sl only because they said it'd be universal. No access to the beta, couldn't spend the plat there.

My opinion, don't promise something until you know you can deliver it.

Will i not play pl or sl? Nah, i like the games, so I'll play.

Doesn't mean i can't be a little perturbed for a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

So heres my problem platinum we have saved up in Pocket Legends we wont be able to use in StarLegends thts what i understood

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Just want to make sure, they did this to get it approved by Apple right? So this issue was probably the one keeping it the entire time?

I can see both sides, the good of why they did it and the bad. I'm affected too, I bought some plat in hopes of transfer.

Maybe they could do a one time copy of plat you have in PL to SL when it launches? After that, plat becomes game specific.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Ok I had started to get over plat I'll never spend in pl being stuck there but beta players are getting hundreds of spent plat returned to them...
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Lol, I'm just guessing. It was just my first impression. We know how Apple gets so stingy when it comes to IAPs and all, which is what made me guess.

I don't know if it is, hence me asking.
    I've heard they take a 30% cut.
    I'd rather just buy from the PL website now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    I've heard they take a 30% cut.
    I'd rather just buy from the PL website now...
    See, I don't get why Apple wouldn't allow PL-SL plat either (assuming that this was the reason). PL and SL plat still have the same cost, so you buy plat in PL to use in SL, they still get the cut. The only reason I'd see them doing this is to prevent bulk-buying to save money, which in my opinion, is excessively greedy.

I've heard plat from website might even cause a problem.. Again just rumours from what I've read about app approvals.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

See, I don't get why Apple wouldn't allow PL-SL plat either (assuming that this was the reason). PL and SL plat still have the same cost, so you buy plat in PL to use in SL, they still get the cut. The only reason I'd see them doing this is to prevent bulk-buying to save money, which in my opinion, is excessively greedy.

I've heard plat from website might even cause a problem.. Again just rumours from what I've read about app approvals.
    Ah...
    Well, do you feel that this was an unintentional scam, or is it just me and my insecurity?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Ah...
    Well, do you feel that this was an unintentional scam, or is it just me and my insecurity?
    I'm not sure what STS is going to do either.

Take for example my PL account, it has 150 plat in it. When I log in to SL when it's launched, do I get the 150 from PL + 30 free they give? Or do I just get the 30? If they give me the 150 + 30, then I perfectly understand and agree with the decision now. If they don't, well, it would cost me a bit more, but it wouldn't be fully put to waste. I'll still be playing PL anyway, and that plat would be put to use.

I feel like it was an unfortunate decision they had to make, not a scam at all. If they dropped plat prices and said "SL and PL plat is shared, so feel free to buy!", then made this decision, then yes I'd say its a scam. But nothing forced players to buy plat early in PL for SL. I mean, if it was truly going to be universal plat anyway, why the rush to buy the plat now instead of later when SL fully launches?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Take for example my PL account, it has 150 plat in it. When I log in to SL when it's launched, do I get the 150 from PL + 30 free they give? Or do I just get the 30? If they give me the 150 + 30, then I perfectly understand and agree with the decision now. If they don't, well, it would cost me a bit more, but it wouldn't be fully put to waste. I'll still be playing PL anyway, and that plat would be put to use.

I feel like it was an unfortunate decision they had to make, not a scam at all. If they dropped plat prices and said "SL and PL plat is shared, so feel free to buy!", then made this decision, then yes I'd say its a scam. But nothing forced players to buy plat early in PL for SL. I mean, if it was truly going to be universal plat anyway, why the rush to buy the plat now instead of later when SL fully launches?

Good point, I never thought about that.

I suppose it's not a scam then. Thanks Elly!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Great,,i now have 40 plat in sl, and 600 in pl ...can we transfer plat please? I really just bought them to use in sl :\

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Ah...

I agree with the buyer beware stand point I do take issue with letting beta players spend plat and then refund all of that spent plat to them in pl while they get to keep the benefits of spent plat in sl
    Just my 2 plat