Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what ever happend to votebsn i was lookimg forward to it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No number 3 personally i dont agree with. The boot system is just fine. Adding a boot to "open" dungeon games wouldnt go so well. Players who want to battle with others will get less of a chance because those other players might vote him or her out maybe bacuase "they are not good enough".

It really wouldnt bring anything better if anything it would make things only worst.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

There should be absolutely nooooooo booting in public games! That's the entire point of public versus hosted. Also 10 seconds is not enough time to vote (in hosted games where host left) to account for lag. Make it 30 seconds please. Also I don't see how 1 and 2 are different from now, either.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 06-27-2011 at 09:48 AM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

These proposals are all from back when the Shadow Caves were first introduced. Back then you couldn't host those maps and the only way to get to them was through a portal that was a rare spawn, and then you had to clear them in order. So you'd sometimes have issues with someone leaving and some level 18 taking his spot in map 5, and no one could do anything about it after having spent an hour clearing their way to get there.

That's what prompted the idea to add a vote boot to public dungeons. Now of course it's not really a concern anymore, unless they come up again with some dungeons that take an hour to clear.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    There should be absolutely nooooooo booting in public games! That's the entire point of public versus hosted. Also 10 seconds is not enough time to vote (in hosted games where host left) to account for lag. Make it 30 seconds please. Also I don't see how 1 and 2 are different from now, either.
    I was in a public group, and one of the members was using foul language. I guess he figured out which words were not getting filtered and decided to use them freely. He got booted, which is what should happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I have a complaint about the booting reasons because people just use stupid reasons a lot which bleep people off and cause pm wars between each other. I think you should add a list of reasons or you can monitor them because this is making me and im positive its enraging other innocent players. For example:

In pvp I am playing, wooping some butt when all of a sudden my game freezes for a second and then I end up in balefort with big yellow words on my screen saying gf ( good fight) or cya noob for no particular reason.
    Last edited by RioMage; 07-26-2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Spell correction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by RioMage View Post
    I have a complaint about the booting reasons because people just use stupid reasons a lot which bleep people off and cause pm wars between each other. I think you should add a list of reasons or you can monitor them because this is making me and im positive its enraging other innocent players. For example:

In pvp I am playing, wooping some butt when all of a sudden my game freezes for a second and then I end up in balefort with big yellow words on my screen saying gf ( good fight) or cya noob for no particular reason.
    yea youre right and when pm wars happens the next time you join the game of the guy that booted you once he boots again and again!!!this sould be corrected someway for sure
    Midenistis L61 Mage - Mhdenistis L65 Mage (Abandoned) Anonymousgr L55 Dex Bird(Spare me a custom set) Anyone Has A Dummy I Can Kill For Kills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it'd be great if there were an automatic list of selectable reasons for booting. There are valid reasons for booting, and I think the minimum is that the host can boot. When remaking, players can choose to join the remake or not join and are essentially endorsing or disagreeing with issues such as how hosts manage groups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I hate booting! Other mmorpgs work just fine without that feature. Booting only creates bad feelings. I'm never rude to anyone I play with, but I've been booted for superficial reasons or the usual explanation of "sry". If I player is out of line, there should be an easier way to report them than emailing. How about a report button that includes a record of the party's conversation so the function can't be abused?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

When I'm lvl 21 farming I need to boot, if somebody joins who is higher than lvl 21 then I have to boot them
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    When I'm lvl 21 farming I need to boot, if somebody joins who is higher than lvl 21 then I have to boot them
    Its called recruiting teams and then making private games bro. Making public games is for the "public". Private is for selective people.
    Thank me if this post was useful

| Riomage level 71 enchantress | Secret bear level 37 |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    These are the ones that make me lol. If you want a lvl 21 or lvl 52 farming team, then create a password protected game!! It doesn't change the drop rates if you have a higher level character in there anyway! If anything it helps because the level is cleared faster!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkthewicked View Post
    These are the ones that make me lol. If you want a lvl 21 or lvl 52 farming team, then create a password protected game!! It doesn't change the drop rates if you have a higher level character in there anyway! If anything it helps because the level is cleared faster!
    Sure, it doesn't change the drop rate, but it changes the item level. A level 51 item may be worth 50K gold, and the same level 55 item may only be worth 200 gold. If the game host lets a 55 join, he ruins everyones chance to get valuable drops. It is the hosts responsibility to protect the other players by booting the 55.

When I used to farm 51 drops, i saved a message that said "sorry, this is a 51 farm group", which gave people the chance to leave instead of getting booted. I have had people say something like, "you didn't lock it, so i'm staying". So, you guess what happens next.

Oh, and the reason it's not password protected... sometimes late at night, there just aren't enough friends online.
    Last edited by csb; 08-15-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

well said!!
    I have a farmer for both areas low scaled items and booting is necesary sometimes. Whats dumb is when u get booted because u killed another guy in pvp too much, or even worse something like 's' or 'q' or '.', but even then, they are the host and have the right to boot. If u want to not get booted or be in charge, host your own game. Then u wont be complaining about getting booted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    Sure, it doesn't change the drop rate, but it changes the item level. A level 51 item may be worth 50K gold, and the same level 55 item may only be worth 200 gold. If the game host lets a 55 join, he ruins everyones chance to get valuable drops. It is the hosts responsibility to protect the other players by booting the 55.

When I used to farm 51 drops, i saved a message that said "sorry, this is a 51 farm group", which gave people the chance to leave instead of getting booted. I have had people say something like, "you didn't lock it, so i'm staying". So, you guess what happens next.

Oh, and the reason it's not password protected... sometimes late at night, there just aren't enough friends online.
    This isnt just late at night..lol. Its mostly in the day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

riomage why are you saying this you have booted me and my friends for no reasoneven if the is a selective game just type sellected game instead of nothing im just trying to understand your logic
    thefirehawk level 60 dex bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thefirehawk View Post
    riomage why are you saying this you have booted me and my friends for no reasoneven if the is a selective game just type sellected game instead of nothing im just trying to understand your logic
    I only boot when you are being a nuisance or if you are constantly interfering with others battles. If your in ctf and you are spawn killing (which exactly happened to me yesterday by three people for about 10mins straight), you will be booted from my game. If I continue to see patterns of any of this, you will get banned from my games.

Im pretty sure you fall under one of these categories. Have a nice day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I only boot when you are being a nuisance or if you are constantly interfering with others battles. If your in ctf and you are spawn killing (which exactly happened to me yesterday by three people for about 10mins straight), you will be booted from my game. If I continue to see patterns of any of this, you will get banned from my games.

Im pretty sure you fall under one of these categories. Have a nice day
    how would i fall under these catigories i never die in sand caves and when i did it was when i was low level no im level 52 which means you hold a gruagde a long time
    thefirehawk level 60 dex bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

I think that option 3 is good in theory but i agree with chrisFI that open games should be just that, open. If I am in an open PUG and i don't like someone for whatever reason I leave. I think that when hosting a game you should be able to set boot options, such as host boot only, or host can boot or others can initiate a vote. I think the more options the better, but one should be able to set the rules when hosting.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

maybe pass on the boot option to the most exp person in the game. that'd be easy and solve most probe