Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So much Greed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Wait im confused on ur logic boo, doesnt him selling stuff for cheaper than everybody else make him the opposite of greedy? Personally i like that he's doing it, stuff was sooo overpriced before (yes for greens at this low level they were overpriced), the prices he's currently selling at are much friendlier to the average player and not the average merchanter.
    from what I can tell, he's putting in starting prices, then when someone undercuts him, he undercuts them by a certain amount (seems like it ends in 950 or 995, I forget the amount) hoping that they will attempt to undercut him as well. When they do that, once the prices reach a certain low lvl, he'll buy theirs. So now that person got much less credits than they originally expected, and he's got another piece of the market. He'll then list for whatever he wants because he literally owns the entire market of greens right now. The items are low priced and he's still making profit, but one would see this as greedy because instead of allowing other people to make profits from their drops, he undercuts them to a minimal profit. People will buy more when it's cheaper, meaning he can sell all the items easily. This wont work everytime, like say someone buys one of the items he's using to undercut you before he drives the price down low enough. I got this theory because I listed strange metal pistols today. 3 other pistols were listed at the time, 2 from dopey and 1 from bod. The day before, dopey had a bunch listed for like 9995 or something. He now had 2 listed for 14995 (or something) and bod for 19kish. I listed mine at 12 because I wanted to see what he would do. Within minutes, he relisted both of his pistols at 10995. I kept mine at 12, and I hope no one tries to undercut him.

but who knows, maybe I'm wrong and he's just a weird person who buys a lot of credits with plat and likes making the market cheap. I'm gonna go with the first.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flowman View Post
    He instantly under-prices everyone who puts an item in...almost instantly. It's gotten to the point where people don't know what to list an item at because the CS has stuff listed so low, so they just list even lower.
    Wow I did not know I caused such an upheaval. First let me begin by saying I don't even go on SL everyday so there is no way I could instantly undercut everyone's price. Second when I do check the store it is usually my prices that have been undercut. All I have done is set a price that I feel is fair and that I am willing to buy at if anyone now prices under. I have simply let the market set itself and priced my items accordingly. I tried to price higher but was instantly undercut. I repriced and so on until I reached a price that I know feel is appropriate. If u feel my prices are to low then buy them. Third I am the one willing to take the risk of setting a market and inventorying items. If pinks and newer items hit the market tomorrow I am screwed and will have greatly overpaid. The prices I am currently listing at seem to be appropriate, I am still getting undercut but am selling more than I have to buy.

Finally and most importantly please don't go throwing my name out in a negative light especially when ur premise is off base and u have never even spoken to me. I am not just a "greedy" trader. I give away way more than I keep. Your accusations are not appreciated and more importantly are just plain wrong. You accuse me of being greedy when in fact it is sounding like your inability to make ur own profit is what u are complaining about. Be careful when ur throwing stones from a glass house!

Dopeydaddy
    LUCILULU - Lvl 66 Mage * Lvl 29 Comm : DOPEYDADDY - Lvl 63 Arch * Lvl 27 Opp : DOPEYGRIZZLE - Lvl 60 Bear * 51,45,35,25,20,10 TWINKS & FARMERS
    Proud Member of UNITY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lucilulu View Post
    Wow I did not know I caused such an upheaval. First let me begin by saying I don't even go on SL everyday so there is no way I could instantly undercut everyone's price. Second when I do check the store it is usually my prices that have been undercut. All I have done is set a price that I feel is fair and that I am willing to buy at if anyone now prices under. I have simply let the market set itself and priced my items accordingly. I tried to price higher but was instantly undercut. I repriced and so on until I reached a price that I know feel is appropriate. If u feel my prices are to low then buy them. Third I am the one willing to take the risk of setting a market and inventorying items. If pinks and newer items hit the market tomorrow I am screwed and will have greatly overpaid. The prices I am currently listing at seem to be appropriate, I am still getting undercut but am selling more than I have to buy.

Finally and most importantly please don't go throwing my name out in a negative light especially when ur premise is off base and u have never even spoken to me. I am not just a "greedy" trader. I give away way more than I keep. Your accusations are not appreciated and more importantly are just plain wrong. You accuse me of being greedy when in fact it is sounding like your inability to make ur own profit is what u are complaining about. Be careful when ur throwing stones from a glass house!

Dopeydaddy

Congrats on being the official SL CS investment shark!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

from what I can tell, he's putting in starting prices, then when someone undercuts him, he undercuts them by a certain amount (seems like it ends in 950 or 995, I forget the amount) hoping that they will attempt to undercut him as well. When they do that, once the prices reach a certain low lvl, he'll buy theirs. So now that person got much less credits than they originally expected, and he's got another piece of the market. He'll then list for whatever he wants because he literally owns the entire market of greens right now. The items are low priced and he's still making profit, but one would see this as greedy because instead of allowing other people to make profits from their drops, he undercuts them to a minimal profit. People will buy more when it's cheaper, meaning he can sell all the items easily. This wont work everytime, like say someone buys one of the items he's using to undercut you before he drives the price down low enough. I got this theory because I listed strange metal pistols today. 3 other pistols were listed at the time, 2 from dopey and 1 from bod. The day before, dopey had a bunch listed for like 9995 or something. He now had 2 listed for 14995 (or something) and bod for 19kish. I listed mine at 12 because I wanted to see what he would do. Within minutes, he relisted both of his pistols at 10995. I kept mine at 12, and I hope no one tries to undercut him.

but who knows, maybe I'm wrong and he's just a weird person who buys a lot of credits with plat and likes making the market cheap. I'm gonna go with the first.
    Wow man ur way over thinking this thing. I'm going to say this and hopefully u get the message. STOP MAKING ACCUSATIONS U NO NOTHING ABOUT if u have a problem with me come and talk with me or talk with people in the game who know me. Ignorant uninformed accusations are good for no one and only stir up bitterness when we are just playing a game. If I wanted to control the prices and run the market I could. I dont sit around all day thinking about the SL CS. I am a former hedge fund manager and I enjoy the trading side of the game. Nothing more, nothing less. O sry I gotta go... Strange pistol just listed at 10994 (some guy named flowmin or something like that) 10288 here we come

Dopeydaddy
    LUCILULU - Lvl 66 Mage * Lvl 29 Comm : DOPEYDADDY - Lvl 63 Arch * Lvl 27 Opp : DOPEYGRIZZLE - Lvl 60 Bear * 51,45,35,25,20,10 TWINKS & FARMERS
    Proud Member of UNITY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Congrats on being the official SL CS investment shark!
    Thanks I think
    Proud Member of UNITY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I stopped reading this half way through. Dopey bought everything on the cs and tried selling it all for 30k to much. Now he must be broke and have stock coming outa his ying yang, and is trying to recoup some kind of money. ( or is there 2 sellers with dopesomthing in there name?)

It balances out, he made me money buying everything i used to undercut him with. I knew no one else would buy it at that price, but he was.

Makes me laugh.

Sure your not going to make 10k a green right now. But so what. That price just causes people to buy gold and inflate the currency.

New maps have been out for a week now, so supply is catching up with demand.
    Last edited by Breadkeeper; 08-17-2011 at 04:58 PM.
    PL - BreadKeeperzz - 55 Bear -=- BreadKeeper - 53 Mage -=- SirKeeper 10 Bear
    SL - Keeper - Commando -=- SirKeeper - Engie
    Guild - Atomic Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

You know what I am just feeling way to greedy ATM. Ill be on SL shortly. Free green sets for anyone who wants one. (until I run out of course). I have about 100 so first come first serve one apiece please.

Dopeydaddy
    Proud Member of UNITY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

You know what I am just feeling way to greedy ATM. Ill be on SL shortly. Free green sets for anyone who wants one. (until I run out of course). I have about 100 so first come first serve one apiece please.

Dopeydaddy
    LOL, that should shut them up

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Wow man ur way over thinking this thing. I'm going to say this and hopefully u get the message. STOP MAKING ACCUSATIONS U NO NOTHING ABOUT if u have a problem with me come and talk with me or talk with people in the game who know me. Ignorant uninformed accusations are good for no one and only stir up bitterness when we are just playing a game. If I wanted to control the prices and run the market I could. I dont sit around all day thinking about the SL CS. I am a former hedge fund manager and I enjoy the trading side of the game. Nothing more, nothing less. O sry I gotta go... Strange pistol just listed at 10994 (some guy named flowmin or something like that) 10288 here we come

Dopeydaddy
    Flowmin? One, that's not even my forum name. Two, that's not my account name in game. Go buy some more plat credits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
    Wait so he's greedy for selling items to people at prices they can afford, which make it harder for you to make masses of gold???
    +1 rep, buddy. Irony defined.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Flowmin? One, that's not even my forum name. Two, that's not my account name in game. Go buy some more plat credits.
    Yep was joke. Flow really I don't want to get in any kind of tif with ya. This is really kinda stupid let's just forget this issue and walk away friends. Please take no offense I really have not targeted you and apologize if you feel any different. I hate getting drawn in to these things. I will not comment on it any further. I wish u success in your trading endeavors.

Dopeydaddy
    Proud Member of UNITY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Which hedge fund?
    I was independent and sold to UBS.
    Proud Member of UNITY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Free green sets for anyone who wants one. (until I run out of course). I have about 100 so first come first serve one apiece please.

Dopeydaddy
    If you are serious about this let me know where you are!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zbooo View Post
    He's letting nobody else make any kind of money, I have lots of money myself... But still nobody else has the chance to make any money if he instantly undercuts you, I'm a merchant myself and this is outrageous.

Honestly ive put an item down and five minutes later like five of the same item lower so its not one person, ive seen millions of people do it, and im part time merchant, so just find pinks and purps
    Last edited by Uzikrabd; 08-17-2011 at 05:35 PM.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Haha i love this thread its completely rediculous,usless,causes people to be mad,influences flaming,and every other bad thing if u have an issue with someone go to them spill ur thoughts or what ur mad about not cause them to look bad on the forums because of ur opinion....end of story

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Forum Adept Driazsomethingiforgot's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I think you ate mad for no reason. So what if he undercutting you its te way of buainess and if you cant deal with it stop merching. Merchs always inflate prices very high for their greed anyways just look at PL prices of sewer pinks and sets. Im glade theres a person like him is around to make merchs feel bad.
    Driazabacen lv56 Dex Eagle
    Cosmosathena lv8 Noob Mage

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Zboo i think its the other way around ur mad cause hes selling for reasonable prices but u wanna be greedy so you flame him make him look like the bad guy eventhough ur the greedy one thats what im getting at here i like people that undercut makes stuff more reasonably priced for my pl income lol...said my 2 cents on that thought

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Wow, that must've been quite a lump of cash for you.
    It was definitely a decent amount. I was very very fortunate to sell out before the whole Lehman debacle. I wish I could say it was skill but there definitely was a whole lot of luck and Devine intervention involved.
    Proud Member of UNITY!