Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beware of this griefer!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan Fox:386170
    Beta player, new player, played in old Everquest, top 1% word in World of Warcraft... everyone feels their skills are amazing and their particular circumstance gives them an edge. It's disgusting.

Don't matter. This game isn't hard and people are people. When pvp comes out, we will see who is really good and who isn't. When pvp comes out, and all of you enlightened, respectful, brotherly (laugh) beta guilds start engaging other players, I will be eating popcorn and enjoying the show as all of you start flaming and talking trash. Pvp gonna bring it out in you to some degree. So stop talking down to non-beta whatever players.

Makes you look like a XXXX.

Testament - Victory Engineer
    Xaphan - Winner Commando
    Entropy - Lowby Operative
    You, my friend, have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. PvP is entirely different than PvE, and someone can be good at one and not the other. Doesnt make them less of a person. Physiologic, one of the best players of PL, doesn't PvP, and that doesnt mean he sucks, quite the opposite, in fact.

We are not talking down to non beta players, I'm saying as more people join, there will be more immature people just out to ruin everyone's fun. As for missing Beta, I DO miss it, because since the game opened up to everyone, I've been called names, told my guild sucks, had to sit in numa outpost and watch new guilds at each others throats cussing and calling each other down, THAT is what what bothers me. I never once said everyone post-launch is a troublemaker, I said that with the mass influx of people, it has brought out alot of immature people. I've never talked to you in my life Xaphan, and you don't know me from a hole in the ground, so dont talk to me like you do. You are putting words in my mouth and I don't appreciate it.

The world does not revolve around you and the Pwnies, contrary to your belief, and this thread is not directed at you or your guild in any way. Either take my warning of griefing and say thanks for lookin out, or GTFO of my thread. I don't want your trolling here.
    Last edited by Ebalere; 08-18-2011 at 04:24 PM.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Damn i enjoy reading "diplomatic" forum fights...oh wait i'm blind, forget it.
    It was fun while it lasted.

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

LOL I only have what you say to go by.

Of course you should report that guy. I hate rude people. I hate that xbox live mentality. Ruins the online experience... but it prolly isnt going anywhere.

All I commented on was people complaining about guild poaching which is common in *every* mmo for the last 15 years+ since Ultima Online, and the mentality that beta was some kind of utopia. Like how some people envision the milk man times of the American 1920s etc... it never existed. That Leave It To Beaver, Dennis the Menace time never existed, and neither did your grandiose quality of average player in beta vs the influx of live players now.

I've heard these arguments ad nauseam. Calling you and others out for the obnoxious views of goings ons in this game isn't trolling, its standing against an attitude that is just as dangerous and harmful to the community as anything that guy you reported threatened.

I know your thread is about reporting and warning about that guy, but you still strayed off subject and said more than you probably intended. And here I am!

SPARKLE PUPPY DOG RAINBOW KISSES OF PONY POWER... ACTIVATION!!

*sparkles all over your face*

Testament - Victory Engineer
    Xaphan - Winner Commando
    Entropy - Lowby Operative

***edit: Oh yeah, your pvp comment:

PVE in almost any MMO is easy, especially with time. It doesn't change. Its static. You learn it, and boom, your done. Farm to infinity.

PVP on the other hand requires skill... Period. You are fighting against an opponent you know nothing about who isn't scripted. Its dynamic.

My comment was meant to say, "It is amazing how everyone postures about who is good or bad, what guilds are good or bad, who does and doesnt have skill.., when the *actual* skill requiring part of the game isnt implemented yet."

Report and warn of a malicious player all you want. I love you for it. It needs to be done. People should care and nurture their own community. But the other stuff you said or implied needs to be put back in the closet and left to rot.

...woof
    Last edited by Xaphan Fox; 08-18-2011 at 04:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I knew that we would have problem guilds. Every mmorpg out there that has this feature have had problems with it. This is what happens when a game community has a immature players. Get used to it I guess.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20
    Timbabird lvl 55 Oldsillymage lvl 50+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidis57 View Post
    I knew that we would have problem guilds. Every mmorpg out there that has this feature have had problems with it. This is what happens when a game community has a immature players. Get used to it I guess.

PL Characters Timbabird-55 Oldsillymage-55 SL Character Oldblaster-20
    Get use to it or carefully select your officers...
    Just my 2 plat

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

If 70% of the world's population has obnoxiously immature members, than it could be said that this microcosm of a larger population would share similar numbers.

Report who is reportable, don't invite/kick those who are undesirable, and ignore them. Wait till Xmas break, spring break, summer, etc... the 12yo xbox live'rs are coming!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

That is horrible. Any person who would set out to kick everyone from the guild via an intricate plot like that SHOULD be banned. However, i am about 99% sure this guy was just trolling you. I doubt he has any slaves working for him like that and was just trying to plant a seed of fear. At the same time, i think all active members would migrate back to ya even if it did happen.

I think it is very wrong, but also just silly.

Thank you for the.warning though, these things should definitely be taken seriously.

(I as well noticed the slight jabbin at pwnies, but didnt want to derail a good post)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post
    That is horrible. Any person who would set out to kick everyone from the guild via an intricate plot like that SHOULD be banned. However, i am about 99% sure this guy was just trolling you. I doubt he has any slaves working for him like that and was just trying to plant a seed of fear. At the same time, i think all active members would migrate back to ya even if it did happen.
    Morfic, I don't know if this was a troll or not, but griefing does exist in the game.

Look:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...light=griefing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    Morfic, I don't know if this was a troll or not, but griefing does exist in the game.

Look:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...light=griefing
    Not a troll. I know it happens, but i was just placing a bet that this guy inparticular did not have the resources he claims to have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Hmm, considering I've never seen him before, I'm willing to bet not either ,but you never know.. and threatening to greif me is ruining my play experience to a great degree, which is bannable as per ToS, and no different than threatening for gold (scam=ban).
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Hmm, considering I've never seen him before, I'm willing to bet not either ,but you never know.. and threatening to greif me is ruining my play experience to a great degree, which is bannable as per ToS, and no different than threatening for gold (scam=ban).
    But it's taboo to post igns of people scamming the whole two sides to every story thing. Same should go for attempted grief (not sure if that's a real term but sounds good).
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Imo, a threat of griefing should be viewed as seriously as the actual act of griefing.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post
    Not a troll. I know it happens, but i was just placing a bet that this guy inparticular did not have the resources he claims to have.
    I wasn't accusing you, but the other person who could be either trolling or a real threat.

When someone threatens a guild like that, you can't afford to take chances.

This is the sort of thing that needs to be brought to attention right away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    I just found this thread. So this is why you made that last post on our forum, no?? LMAO

On topic, I don't think personal conversations like these should be posted on the forums. I can understand the need to warn the community, but anybody can post anything about anybody. These threads usually end in flame wars anyway. I'm sure devs will take care about it in the proper way

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Ive been thinking about starting me a guild myself later down the road. Now that this information has came to me, its gonna be hard to trust anyone nowadays except for the trusting players youve been with and have really gotten to actually know for quite a bit of time. I might just end up joining a guild, but things like this really hit me hard and turns me into the opposite direction. Remember though guilds are new and as we play and improve over time guilds will to as there are still flaws all you can do is roll with the punches. Aswell as the guilds problem everyone seriously needs to chill to as since ive been away from time to time reading every other post I see people trying to basically deliberatly try to start wars with others for no reason at all. This is a community forum and we all need to respect eachother even if we dont want to. Thanks Ebalere for the heads up.
    Last edited by DJMdivine; 08-19-2011 at 12:22 AM.
    -Pocket Legends ~ DJMdivine - Level 74 Full Dex Bird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I just found this thread. So this is why you made that last post on our forum, no?? LMAO

On topic, I don't think personal conversations like these should be posted on the forums. I can understand the need to warn the community, but anybody can post anything about anybody. These threads usually end in flame wars anyway. I'm sure devs will take care about it in the proper way
    This is the point I'm making far to easy to build threads like these and blackball someone. I'm not saying this is the case. I'm sure the op had the best intentions but support is there for a reason. No need to go vigalante.
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh and honestly thats why if i ever make a guild its going to be friends ive known for a while who i can trust and also id make a char. With all guild members as friends only very smart to do if grief happens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Been a lot of griefers floating around lately. Biggest sign is somebody that asks for officer rank within 15 minutes of joining. I'm not talking about lvl 4 chars either, I'm talking lvl 21 plus ppl doing this. Just say no to quick promotions.
    Raulurfixit (engineer) <Serenity> guild member

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

This is the point I'm making far to easy to build threads like these and blackball someone. I'm not saying this is the case. I'm sure the op had the best intentions but support is there for a reason. No need to go vigalante.
    Gotta disagree with this one. I think that the OP probably did it to prevent another guild from turning this player into an officer. We don't know if they are actually griefing or just trying to troll (either way, this does violate the STS terms). If they are actually griefing, lets make sure that no other guild ever makes this player an officer.

At the very least, if you are a guildmaster and you are reading this, I urge you to blacklist this player and if he/she is in your guild, boot immediately. Griefing has become a very serious problem and all of your hard work can be turned into nothing in a very short period of time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

As I said the intention is most likely honest but there is no need for vigalantisism. We can't say for sure this didn't start because of some other issue. What's the old rule screenie or it didn't happen?
    Just my 2 plat