Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Anyone xcant log?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Fudgin funny hahahhahahahahahahahahha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 小孩子 View Post
    GUYS GUYS GUYS!!! stop focusing on the lvl 50-60s!
    THINK! lower lvls mustve had this aswell! (20-30 etc etc) that means if everyone that used this glitch wether intentionally or un intentionally, mostly 80% of pocket legends players will be banned... 80%!!!! do you think devs will let that happen?

|>~Hunzzz
    paying customers....ummm....prob not :-). Have to completely agree with u

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lower levels don't use elixirs as much as higher levels though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

THINK! lower lvls mustve had this aswell! (20-30 etc etc) that means if everyone that used this glitch wether intentionally or un intentionally, mostly 80% of pocket legends players will be banned... 80%!!!! do you think devs will let that happen?

|>~Hunzzz
    Wow... I must have been in the 0.000000000000001% who didn't even know this bug/glitch existed....
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superglut2 View Post
    I used the Bug as well.

I spend over 400 Plat for lvling my Chars to 60 and nearly 60.
    Do i say it was for tesing purposes only no?
    Do i really agree wiht others No.

Spacetime Studios has a System where they make more and more money with every lvl cap they raise. First it was fairly fast to lvl up till 50. But now it takes a REALLY long time without Pots to lvl u up.
    There are no quests to give XP like in WoW and other MMOS so basically u spend MONTHS runnign the same old boring map over and over again. For what? for a lvl 61? For a silly Shield?

I cant even imagine how much money they will make on the next lvl cap, They got 4XP Xp pots now, and even with them it takes people A LONG time to get to lvl 61. True the game is free but its basically forcing ppl to buy it in order to compete wiht others.

It doesnt bother me, i have money and i have spend over 100 Euros ( thats a lot more dollars ) for this game already.
    But seriously...

If there was a 100 Dollar or Euro bill on an empty street right infront of you, and no one was there to look and check on you, how many people would walk beside that bill and leave it on the ground?

Its the same wiht bugs, people are tired of lvling their chars to lvl 61 because it takes WAYY to much time, and WAYY to much money. It basically costs 800 Plat to get to lvl 61 for what? For a shield and for competion.

If this entire lvl grinding wasnt so hard and frustrating im sure that many of us would not have used this bug.

If they want to ban me and others fine,
    I and hundreds of others used an error that they made to our advantage cause we are frustrated with lvl grinding for a shield.

but then they lose a lot of good and old members that have done a lot to this game, to this forum, and that have always supported STS , even if we disagreed with some of their decisions, i have disagreed with a few decisions and i have flamed which i regret. Without people disagreeing STS doenst see what people think. You cant always make everyone happy. But hey, we are all humans and many of us are kids, we are all still learning and sometimes its hard to us to control our emotions, especially on the internet.

back to that bug..

If they wanna ban its their decision, if they want to server backup its also their decision either way the bug was there, so people abused it. Its perfectly normal and happens all the time. Thats how humans are.
    All I can say is "WOW."
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superglut2 View Post
    If this entire lvl grinding wasnt so hard and frustrating im sure that many of us would not have used this bug.
    I disagree. No one is forcing you to get to 61. Sure the grind is very long, but that is a challenge that many enjoy.

Being "frustrated" is no excuse to exploit a game and gain an unfair advantage over other players.
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

As I understand it, the conditions were very specific. I'd have to think that your projection is more than slightly exaggerated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default My 2 cents

I think it is unlikely that STS will implement a rollback. Not only would this be highly controversial but many players would be furious and quit. Hench, STS would inevitably gain a bad reputation and lose a considerable amount of funding.

I think the best solution (and i predict that STS will do this) is to filter though all the players on PL that exploited this bug and undo all the xp they gained through the bug. Hence, revert the toon back to its previous level. But only to the players that exploited the bug!

This is definitely not a simple process, because in order to determine which players did this involves looking at the bought elixirs and trying to find the players that had a rapid increase in xp afterwards. But surely the best outcome is to undo everything that resolved due to the bug.

For this reason I also predict that unfortunately, the server will be down for quite some time because this is a very major and complicated bug to fix!

To the small amount of players that exploited the bug for financial gain, it is IMO that they receive a ban, simply because it is against the PL ToS. To the players that did use the bug for experimental or curiosity reasons (including myself) I think it is very unlikely that we still be banned.

I wish the developers at Spacetime Studios the best of luck in fixing this crisis and I am looking forward to playing PL soon (hopefully ).

For now, why not return to Star legends.
    Last edited by Trollee; 09-10-2011 at 08:54 AM.
    Trollee [41] Trollix [40] Trollex [40]
    Trolley [25] Trolli [20] Trolly [15] Trolle [10]

<Fashion Police> <Twink Inc.>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xazic View Post
    Wow... I must have been in the 0.000000000000001% who didn't even know this bug/glitch existed....
    Considering it took me 1 1/2 hours to get from 20k to 30k xp last night... me either! LOL
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Biuzi View Post
    Lower levels don't use elixirs as much as higher levels though.
    when i run with my bird 40 in ao2 almost 90% of other lower lvls have lkjshdnjlhbrtv,gce
    might aswell ban the whole of pocket legends if they were gonna ban ppl that kweilhnmrtljhvncjbydt
    Last edited by 小孩子; 09-10-2011 at 08:55 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    As I understand it, the conditions were very specific. I'd have to think that your projection is more than slightly exaggerated.
    actually conditions were really... easy.... not specific AT ALL, i was in a run with my 40 bird in ao where the glitch happened and when it did everyone was just OMFG WTF, the random just went from 40-48 in 1 minute!
    at the time we didnt even know about it, still think the conditions were specific?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You just said 20-30s nothing about 40s.
    Join a 30s game and tell me how many people are using plat pots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

|>~Hunzzz
    I highly doubt 80% of all Pocket Legends players used this glitch. There are a ton of people on the forums (who are generally the more informed players) that still don't even know what the glitch is.

Also, I feel that STS will punish those players who deserve it, period. Whether that is 1 player, or 200 players. What is against the rules is against the rules.
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trollee View Post
    I wish the developers at Spacetime Studios the best of luck in fixing this crisis and I am looking forward to playing PL soon (hopefully ).
    You kind sir, should edit your post a bit as it mentions very specific parts of the exploit that should remain guarded information.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

when i run with my bird 40 in ao2 almost 90% of other lower lvls have a plat pot on that lasts longer than 5mins
    that tells something.
    might aswell ban the whole of pocket legends if they were gonna ban ppl that used plat pts and leveled up
    Hunzz... there are several combo elixirs in PL. You can't say that just because they are using a combo elixir it is the a plat one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Biuzi View Post
    You just said 20-30s nothing about 40s.
    Join a 30s game and tell me how many people are using plat pots.
    are you saying that EVERYONE that (you know this bit) ACCIDENTALLY stumbled across the glitch should be banned?
    and people that didnt (mhm) while the bug was available are the only ones that should not be banned?
    Last edited by 小孩子; 09-10-2011 at 08:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gluttony View Post
    you kind sir, should edit your post a bit as it mentions very specific parts of the exploit that should remain guarded information.
    ding ding ding!!

Same goes with Hunzz

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

at the time we didnt even know about it, still think the conditions were specific?
    Yes I do, just because you stumbled upon it accidentally doesn't mean that phenomenon was wide spread. I mean did you know exactly what happened instantly or did you have to analyze the situation for a while?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

trhvcej7nv
    Last edited by 小孩子; 09-10-2011 at 08:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No I am not saying that, I'm saying around 10% of the 30s would use a plat elixir, I'm saying the majority is used by 50s+