Thread: Alot Of High Lv Jerks...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stevieoopsie:413292
    Quote Originally Posted by Anedefen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stevieoopsie View Post
    It's not about forgiveness. It's about creating an disincentive for people that boot others for fun.

If you think that what they do is an externality. You make it costly for them to continue doing it.
    or if u keep booting them they will get even madder and boot even more ppl
    And no, some will get madder, some will rethink what they have done and perhaps apologize for their own benefit. The offenders that get madder and boot (read again: insult) even more people? People like that I think are a problem to the community and simply booting them is not enough.
    I have read on the forums that you can report someone for the kind of booting you are talking about. I don't know if the devs realy have time to deal with it, just like scamming. You can report scams, but players keep saying that it doesn't do not good cuz the devs are too busy. So, idk, if reporting is a good idea or not.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I've been booted a few times by some jerks, but I've also politely been asked to leave for various reasons. I always respond nicely and move on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

hahahahahahahaha
    you've got a point there Tank

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    Solutions:
    A) Join a PUG where no player has boot capabilities

B) Create own game this way only you can boot

C) Only join friends/guild run games :-)

Non-Solutions:
    A) Posting a thread like this...lol

B) Continuing to join games that you weren't invited to
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reaganite:414258
    ...but I've also politely been asked to leave for various reasons. I always respond nicely and move on.
    That was the atmosphere of the closed beta in SL. Everyone was soo nice. What I was going to say is that if you stick to a guild and make friends occasionally, you won't get booted. I always ask "mind if I join?" Just as I enter a zone. Usually people who like kindness say "no, please join! "

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I dont agree with booting for the reason of "noob" however as a lvl61 with full glyph charmin set. I do get sick of dying over and over on a nuri run because all the other players are lvl 58 and under with less than great sets. Being a mage i still pull way more argo than any bear or bird at thoes lvls. So im not justifying being a jerk. Just saying how it is when looking from the other side....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

The developers do listen to what you have to say. However, you have to explain the incident in detail by pressing on the offending character, pressing report,and creating the email to send to spacetimestudios.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Play with friends and you'll never get booted, unless you took someone's spot. Even then they would ask politely for you to leave inseat of booting for reason "h." just in case, I keep my guardian shield on it's like an anti-boot machine ;p

Recently I only do games hosted by my guild, I never get booted
    Actually, until yesterday I thought this was the case. One my "friends" booted with the reason "Doctor said I had a baby" or something weird like that.

I think it takes just as long if not a few seconds longer to ask someone to leave.

ATL

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

There will always be a large amount of jerks in any mmorpg that you play
    And not surprisingly, those jerks tend to lump together into the same guilds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amuze View Post
    And not surprisingly, those jerks tend to lump together into the same guilds.
    Haha ever play order and chaos? In the Arcadian forest server on iOS, there was this guild called 'Eclipse' that pretty much ganked all the players half their level at pvp graveyards. It's almost always a bunch of anti social teenagers going on hormonal rages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Haha ever play order and chaos? In the Arcadian forest server on iOS, there was this guild called 'Eclipse' that pretty much ganked all the players half their level at pvp graveyards. It's almost always a bunch of anti social teenagers going on hormonal rages.
    I was in that guild for about 1 week. The teenage hormonal nonsense drove me away. Ironically, I was in a guild called Eclipse in the first MMORPG I ever played - Dark Age of Camelot. That Eclipse was one heck of a guild and without question a top flight group of people.

So, I went ahead and started Eclipse in PL with hopes of bringing some honor to the name that it had back in the day with MMORPG's were more about community than the stuff we see today. So far it's going a lot better than expected and there is absolutely no relation to the O&C guild (FYI).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Good to know, I was always wondering if it came from oc. Thanks for negating the thought

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LADYHADASSA View Post
    I knew your name was familiar! Lol.....
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Interesting views on the boot button. Ironically, booting yields the same result as asking the person to leave; you need the spot. Therefore, I don't think booting is the problem, it's the manner on how it's done.

For those that I've booted, if I can remember to, I use exactly this phrase:

"I regret to inform you that there are no more vacancies. I sincerely apologize."

Would that 'soften' the boot? Or is your view on booting still the same?

Personally, I've gotten messages as nice as "No problem, sorry" or as awkward as "U banana".

Just on the defense of booting, I personally don't think it's the time used from asking the bootee to leave, but it's the act of stopping with the mobs, typing in 'Full, please leave (or whatever your message is), and waiting for the response of bootee. All this time with your eyes on the chatbox instead of the game, which for some classes, eg. a bear that tries to lead ahead, would mean the potential death of some teammates, of himself, or the general slowdown of the run.

However, I do see the reason for the anti-boot-buttoners. It's when a player is just standing around, not really doing anything productive, is booting for no valid reason, correct?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Well I might be a high level but far from being a jerk find me ingame
    I help when I can, and support 110% of the time. hopefully we will talk soon.

-slGhost
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duped View Post
    <snip>

Moral of the story: Low level jerks become high level jerks, and even at level 60 or 61 - they are still a joke.
    <snip>
    LMAO.

And a good portion of them get to be high level jerks only by being power-levelled...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I don't believe in booting... It's a game and everyone deserves to play. Hard to say when someone is loitering or just slow due to lag, high ping times, etc. So, I find it really awkward when someone asks me to boot another player who was clearly playing.

Have to admit that I've had to use it when this person jumped in at the tail end of the game and was lying dead at the boss waiting for the loot, even after I asked for help. I realise their loot luck does not affect mine, but I wasted a lot of red potions -- if I knew this person was not going to help, I would not have engaged the boss and just re-made the game.

I have someone on my friend list who booted another player at the boss who was clearly playing, gave a silly reason that I can't remember and he thought it was funny... I bow my head in shame. I've been booted before by someone in my friends list for killing a mini-boss -- I don't hold grudges, and continue to play with this person now that I know their preference.

Forum Adept Driazsomethingiforgot's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This thread is still alive?xD Im glade to know you guys feel so strongly about this topic. And you know sometimes you just have a breaking point. Lots of these things happen all the time and sometimes someone just snaps like me but afterwards you just think it was a waste of time being mad. There is no real solution but sometimes people just need to vent which helps them feel better. I just hope that is what you guys are getting from this tread not just flaming for the hell of it, but to share experience and give positive feedback and wisdom to make the game better(:
    Driazabacen lv56 Dex Eagle
    Cosmosathena lv8 Noob Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I got booted once for being at such high level when playing low level dungeons...I just wanted to help!
    Insanegunner Lordkarma Bearbricx L50+ Shooter
    Proteuz Montaguez Koshiro Wackymage L50+ Tank
    Evoltsson Cosmiclord Cosmicqueen L50+ Wizard
    Evolt L65 Paladin Founder of Guild Free Suckers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Lol had the same thing happen to me evolt, but they didn't boot, they just kept giving me a hard time and bugging me to leave

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Im 56 and never get booted :/ maybe because i wear my 56 crown