Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: For services to the community far above and beyond the norm...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

To everyone saying that Violentsaint doesn't deserve this, or that a lot of people deserve this more than he does, I'd like to remind you guys that as far as I know, no one else has ever provided a channel for other players to make donations. Sure a lot of players can just give away their spare items, but it's a different thing when you encourage other players to do the same.
    --------------- Alterra --------------------
    Neurion (archer)
    Erurainon (warrior)
    Neuraina (enchantress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neurion View Post
    To everyone saying that Violentsaint doesn't deserve this, or that a lot of people deserve this more than he does, I'd like to remind you guys that as far as I know, no one else has ever provided a channel for other players to make donations. Sure a lot of players can just give away their spare items, but it's a different thing when you encourage other players to do the same.
    this. Totally totally this!
    List of Insults! Found by me.
    THIS IS!!!!!!!.....sparta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neurion View Post
    You tell em!
    Stormcher - Lvl 45 Bird
    Stormior - Lvl 45 Bear
    What items do u have? And how much gold? Because I well give u 5$ for your account!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I was saying that people have done greater things to help the devs and the community more than Violent...Yes he deservs a shield....But others should get it as well such as KingRichie and banned they have helped the community greatly by posting helpful information and buying all map packs and respecs Ect....I'm sure you have heard this before in a classroom when you were young and sharing a cookie or gum or something like that with a friend and your teacher pipes up and says "Billy! If you are going to share with one person share with the rest of your class!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    I was saying that people have done greater things to help the devs and the community more than Violent...Yes he deservs a shield....But others should get it as well such as KingRichie and banned they have helped the community greatly by posting helpful information and buying all map packs and respecs Ect....I'm sure you have heard this before in a classroom when you were young and sharing a cookie or gum or something like that with a friend and your teacher pipes up and says "Billy! If you are going to share with one person share with the rest of your class!"
    some body mad they didnt get a shield

grats violent but to all of you who think that all of the people who donated should get a shield, they would not of given anything if violent hadnt started the whole thing
    Nouda- lvl 100 pally
    helllaflush- lvl 45 birdy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

@Nouda To be honest the shield Is cool but I doubt im ever gunna get onw unless I win a contest for now I am content with my zuraz plasma sword

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nouda View Post
    some body mad they didnt get a shield

grats violent but to all of you who think that all of the people who donated should get a shield, they would not of given anything if violent hadnt started the whole thing
    Actually, like I said in Vio's thread, I was planning on creating a thread dedicated to sharing my collection of pinks. That's why I was so quick to offer them, what would have been the point of making ANOTHER give-away thread, if someone had already covered it quicker.

Also, the statement that he put in his thread ( he edit it out for more character space, I assume ), about greed and the good ol' days, was exactly the same thing I had said in a conversation I had with him, the morning prior to his post.

Still, he beat me to it, and he totally deserves that shield and more. Good job, buddy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Funny...He kinda refused to give me an item from his list lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Funny...He kinda refused to give me an item from his list lol
    I don't believe Violent would ever do that, unless you had already been given a pink, or if the one you wanted was already taken.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's because he doesn't like Cascade =P
    Stormcher - Lvl 45 Bird
    Stormior - Lvl 45 Bear
    What items do u have? And how much gold? Because I well give u 5$ for your account!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been touring alot so I haven't been on lately and I must say that it was very generous of all of the people who donated. I didn't realize that the community was that strong and kind and I can think of no one more deserving then violent to recieve a gesture of gratitude from the devs. If I was a more active member of the community here on the forums I would have requested something but alas I am quite busy these days. If something like this happens again and you guys see me in towne please tell me I will gladly donate items. Congrats violent.
    Theomegaman - lvl 50 dex bird
    lostviking - lvl 13 warrior (work in progress)
    OrganDonor - Warbird (work in progress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

EDIT: Just for the record devs this was a bad idea to give ViolentSaint a PL shield because their are many other people who have helped people more than he has...Not saying he doesn't deserve it...Just saying if you give it to some one who has done above and beyond then give one to KingRichie which has most certainly done above and beyond along with other players like mysticaldream and storm!
    I tend to agree with this statement. Not to criticize violent or anything, but he did advertise his charity a little better than others. Of course now ppl will create threads of donations just to getthe shield, which obviously is wrong. The ppl that did this vefore the award shud deserve one as well. Not only for giveaways, but for helping out the community, good ideas, lvlong noobs, loaning ppl money. That kinda stuff
    Renumoth damage pot spamming, 91 dodge, sexy shiv bear
    Tjornan super ultra pink carrying, rich pally Mokugoja Pretty lame twink really
    Phoenix Guild. Rising From the Ashes
    "Im here to kick butt and drink milk. and i just finished my milk...." - ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

This is what he said after I asked him if I could have Conquerers Sword of Pharoah...The third paragraph down was meant for me I'm pretty sure....He said that in the third paragraph after he already gave stuff to people that were lvl 45(At the time I was lvl 41 I believe...
    Quote Originally Posted by Violentsaint View Post
    fine i will trade one of the two jewel thiefs forest leathers for your 5 low level items. as i am not trying to make a profit off it. it is simply to help the community.

also @ mrs bannana i already gave you a khara helm of isis yesterday, u cant ask for another pink lol.

it is also sad that i just seem to be giving away pinks to people that are well known and respected high level players, this charity was intended to help new players that cannot afford decent gear...

i just seem to be giving away pinks to people that are trying to sell blasters for 200k *cough* staffed *cough*

EDIT: Get rid of the greed yo!
    Last edited by Cascade; 07-22-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ehhh, maybe it's not meant toward you, cheer up mate!

I'm here for you!

So whatever you need i got you
    Stormcher - Lvl 45 Bird
    Stormior - Lvl 45 Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This is what he said after I asked him if I could have Conquerers Sword of Pharoah...The third paragraph down was meant for me I'm pretty sure....He said that in the third paragraph after he already gave stuff to people that were lvl 45(At the time I was lvl 41 I believe...
    Nah, he clearly meant in general.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Congrats to Violentsaint

And Violent, get rid of the greed yo, and give me your shield
    lol, beat me to it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Whatever he never gave it to me that's all I'm saying...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll give it to you! No homo

What item?
    Stormcher - Lvl 45 Bird
    Stormior - Lvl 45 Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Storm should be given a Pl shield too he gave me a zuraz plasma sword and scarab buckler of Isis for free! And he gave mysticaldream a Plasma Sword of Thoth and scarab buckler of Isis for free too!

EDIT: Just for the record devs this was a bad idea to give ViolentSaint a PL shield because their are many other people who have helped people more than he has...Not saying he doesn't deserve it...Just saying if you give it to some one who has done above and beyond then give one to KingRichie which has most certainly done above and beyond along with other players like mysticaldream and storm!
    Hey Devs, when you're done giving VS his Shield, can you give Cascade one too for winning Hater of the Year? Thanks in advance.