Thread: Newt's D.P.S (Damage Plus Support) Engi Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice build! Mine's very similar as I'm a more aggressive Engi. I only lay back on the later levels of Shipyard if I'm the only Engi. And yes, at level 33 I can solo heal the final boss with little to no drama with this build. I completely agree with your reasoning in skill choice but one: I skipped Wither in favor of 4 points in Force Field for the +2 Mana regen. I like to be able to have Empathy going in every encounter. Even if the enemy force is relatively weak. I do this to build the group's confidence in me as a healer. I've found that the group will charge forward much more willingly if they know I've got their backs. This is especially true in PUGs. I don't usually burn through mana that quickly but I refuse to use stims. Should I die,(hardly ever) Revive and Force Field bring the mana up fairly quickly due to the doubling of my regen. With the 36 level cap I may add Wither tho. But there is the mystery of what that last blacked out skill might be so maybe I'll save my points. Have to wait for the next expansion...
    Last edited by Cyberius; 10-24-2011 at 05:47 AM.