Thread: Well I'm 55. Get Enchanted or skip and keep Shadow?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kelstrick:496862
    Bronislav84, let me take a different stance on this. Since you mentioned you unlocked and just climbed to 55, I'm going to assume you're going to continue to climb the dreaded xp ladder to at least 60 and hopefully beyond. ;-)

With that said, since you mentioned you were trying to increase armor while not breaking the bank, here is a thought. Instead of going with an Enchanted or Mega Mage Set at 55, how about a "broken" set to climb the ladder which provides just as much if not more armor at an afforable price but also provides a better balance for Mana Regen that Enchanted does not. (I crafted my MM set to Enchanted and was extremely disappointed in how many Mana pots I had to "chew" to remain effective, so I ended up breaking my set at 56 to be a Mage again. ;-p)

Enchanted Gemstone Cowl Req: Level 55, 173 Int 14 Int, 8 H/s, 10 Damage, 29 Armor (+2 Int & +1 Armor over MM)
    Enchanted Gemstone Robes Req: Level 55, 173 Int 14 Int, 8 H/s, 10 Damage, 55 Armor (+2 Int over MM)
    Mega Mage's Gem Star Wand Req: Level 55, 173 Int 118-152 Damage, 1.0 Speed, 12 Int, 8 M/s, 10 Armor (+8 M/s over Enchanted, Armor same as Enchanted and better than 56/58/60 wands, damage close enough to the MM Gemstone "set" wand [+6 on the min damge, -6 on the high damage, so call it a wash...], for me its worth the cost savings)

And then the diamond in the rough the TROUBADOUR UNBLINKING EYE: (a green drop that you'll pick up form the mobs, doesn't get any cheaper than that)
    Level 56 12 Int, 2H/s, 4 M/s, 8 Damage, 36 Armor (+3 Armor over MM & Enchanted, +4 M/S over Enchanted, -2 Int vs. Enchanted)
    Level 58 12 Int, 2H/s, 4 M/s, 8 Damage, 37 Armor (+4 Armor over MM & Enchanted, +4 M/S over Enchanted, -2 Int vs. Enchanted)
    Level 60 12 Int, 2H/s, 4 M/s, 8 Damage, 38 Armor (+5 Armor over MM & Enchanted, +4 M/S over Enchanted, -2 Int vs. Enchanted)

Or you can go with a "junk pink" Nuri's Imhotep Eye 22 Int, 5% Crit, 5 H/s, 5 M/s, 8 Damage, 40 Armor (Level 60 stats can't find the 56 or 58 stats right now...) These used to sell around ~7K gold in CS but I haven't looked in a long time.

Ok, so this delays your bracer purchase until 56 but hopefully with the money you've saved between 55 & 60 you can then buy a Demonic set @ 60 which should carry you easily to 65. Trust me, you'll love the Demonic set and the delay in pretty sparkles between 55 & 60 will be worth the wait!

Good luck and hope to see you in game!
    I'm strictly casual with PL but yes I do plan to level up as time allows.

So wow this is informative. And this setup comes out comparable in armor and damage to a full Enchanted with set bonus counted but still better in m/s? And at a bargain price?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 11-30-2011 at 05:34 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange