Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How long does it take to be a AOA ( ambassadors of alttera )

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Yes he was until he edited the "your" to "their", anyway, no big deal to me actually, I'm not getting any trophy for pointing out a mistake XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

I'd like to present a different perspective on this. First, it is great that after doing something bad two months ago, you are changing your ways, and looking to help other players. However, keep in mind that as difficult as it is to build a good reputation, it is that easy to have that good reputation come crashing down. Also, it takes time to restore others' faith in you. Depending on what you did, it may take a lot longer than two months.

All you can do is focus on the present, which means just continue to do what you are doing, and that is helping others. Also, keep in mind that people do talk on Pocket Legends. If you help enough people, your actions will be known. Although I am relatively new to Pocket Legends (though a level 62 character), I get thanks for many players for things I have done days, if not, weeks ago. However, the reward is in the attitude, not the gratitude.

I don't help players because of some membership or even for recognition, but because I want to help them. Knowing what it is like to be a noobie, and how well some of the veterans treated me, I want to continue that tradition, thereby helping in a small way for the game and community to grow.

However, and it really boils down to this, if there were no reward, would you help others in the game? If your answer to this is Yes, then continue helping others. If your answer to this is No, then your benevolence stems from selfishness, rather than from generosity or altruism.

And of course, it would be nice to be asked to be part of the AOA, but the reward is in the helping, not the title. Continue to help for the sake of helping, and good things will happen. You'll see.

Just my two cents,
    Bronxman2012

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

"Apollo? are you the dude who messaged me in-game saying you have a character with a similar name to mine, well, I'd like to make it official (since I've read of mimicry issues here), that my name is my handle here and I have no intention of stealing you or anyone's identity, besides, I just back read some of your posts and we're nowhere alike LOL. Like I said, will rename when I come up with something new, I know you're a veteran, I've been a lurker for a year, blame it on the system, it assigned me this name zeusabe, regardless, I just wanted to post it here so in the near future (when I gain more friends), they don't mistake me as you and you as me XD."

Are you referring to this post? Did I say something to imply that you're a jerk? Didn't I acknowledge you're a veteran? Didn't I say I will rename myself in-game (please provide those logs) because I felt there are so many similar names to mine? Well...the "blame it on the system" statement is an expression...it doesn't necessarily mean I'm saying you're blaming me...it's like this: Oh You're so awesome Apollo and you go like, aw that's nothing "blame it on my mother" for having good genes...XD I see we have little misunderstanding, so I'll go forward and admit I used incorrect idioms with limited ways of expressing if it was meant as a joke or not XD Anyway, your friend was still off-topic and I addressed him directly because I was talking to him directly which is not grammatically incorrect by any means, you can actually focus on a subject you know XD In fact, you can backread as you please since we're forums and you can do that too. I'm not picking any fights, I'm just here to share my opinions. If you think I'm a critic, maybe I am, but don't hate me because of it, besides, some people actually have careers based on that, and by the way, if you really read my previous posts, I have posted good things as well, so not all. Thanks.
    Last edited by zeusabe; 12-12-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

@Zeus:

Weren't you the one pointing out early posts being off topic? Let's leave your personal issues with another poster in-game or through pm. Thanks.

Back on topic....

OP... my advice is to be true and unexpecting. This is when the appreciation shows.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Ok sorry, at least I admit my mistake, won't happen again sir XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Peace!!!
    Be nice guys
    Who are AoA are in AoA
    & whoever will be AoA.... Pandar will decide XD
    & that's that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Main point u dont need to ask to be an AoA so u can help people. U can help them anyways. Help noobs beat bosses explain stuff to them. This wont get u into the AoAs for sure, but that is a trait that makes an AoA.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Agree with Elyseon, basically, you don't need to be a part of AoA to be helpful. Keep being helpful, and maybe one day you'll get in. If not, you have the satisfaction of helping people.
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Why is this such I highly and hotly debated topic?

-------AEO-------

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Ok, haha what is said in-game leave in-game ( Unless it is like a curse then you should not post but report ) There was quite honestly no good in posting something about Apollo, leave that in-game ! Regarding '' How long does it take to become a AoA member ? '' Well if you don't ask maybe a lot sooner Just be nice and Pandar will tell you !

Tournament & Ladder Leader Onaraasider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Not exactly the best move.
    Wanting to be part of the AoA Guild=Benefit is what I deduce.
    Guys, this kid's new. He's unfamiliar to how we roll.

Lemme give you a few tips, buddy!

1. You won't get AoA from making threads about how you help others and give gold.
    Nope. Nothing. Sorry, try another time.
    2. Stating that you where previously banned and came back isn't a good move either.
    So, -1 for that right now.Well,there is a member in GoA who was banned and came back.

3. You'll laugh at how many other people made these threads for GoA. Did any of them get in?
    Lemme tell you, none. 0% success rate. The Developers/AoA don't exactly like these threads. In fact, we hate 'em.
    If you want to be AoA, go and like, help. But don't walk around acting devoted.
    Just be yourself. We got AoA because we were being ourselves, not trying to be a devoted AoA #1 Fan.
    i agree with whirlz,you need to actually help.And why would you think we get free plat?
    Here is my story of how i got in to aoa, so you can understand:
    I myself was thrilled with the idea of AoA, it was a great idea, as a newbie, i helped other newbies as a newbie.I didnt just answer questions, i gave tours around the whole kingdom of alterra(at the time i was lvl 30), i gave my unwanted items, and i taught them how to make money.then as time passed,new players began to become more independent and wanted to learn stuff on their own,so i stopped helping and months later(started pl in june-july)aoa was born. i found out about aoa on the day they were choosing people so i wasn't able to get in,but i was determined. I didnt think about people watching and spying on me every second.then i later met a good friend in aoa,Ktpantyhose, she after a day or two saw me helping new players, the way i helped and little frustration. i ended up helping her alot, even though i wasn't in Aoa,it felt like it. i had no problem being in aoa,it still gave me a reason to help ppl. Then days later i was recommended for aoa and watched by many members(i didnt know they were watching). i met moderator7 and we became friends as well, he is now pandar, the leader of aoa.A day or two later i was entered into aoa,along with a friend named DanielRh. i didnt find out about it untill late at night when siejo came up and said congratz, and told me why.I didn't want to be in aoa for a vanity,but i wanted to be in it to be looked up upon for help.
    Thanks to Aaroniero Arruruerie for the wonderful signature
    tap green thumb or thanks button if i helped!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Not exactly the best move.
    Wanting to be part of the AoA Guild=Benefit is what I deduce.
    Guys, this kid's new. He's unfamiliar to how we roll.

Lemme give you a few tips, buddy!

1. You won't get AoA from making threads about how you help others and give gold.
    Nope. Nothing. Sorry, try another time.
    2. Stating that you where previously banned and came back isn't a good move either.
    So, -1 for that right now.

3. You'll laugh at how many other people made these threads for GoA. Did any of them get in?
    Lemme tell you, none. 0% success rate. The Developers/AoA don't exactly like these threads. In fact, we hate 'em.
    If you want to be AoA, go and like, help. But don't walk around acting devoted.
    Just be yourself. We got AoA because we were being ourselves, not trying to be a devoted AoA #1 Fan.
    Dont be rude man :P so u hate my thread , dont answer .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

ok. mremad_297, checked with danielrh who is like a co leader and he is setting up aplications for january

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Skeletonlord For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonlord View Post
    ok. mremad_297, checked with danielrh who is like a co leader and he is setting up aplications for january
    What application dude !! ? EXplain more plz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mremad_297 View Post
    What application dude !! ? EXplain more plz
    ok. application. an application will be a thread where you can sign up to be an ambassador. it is first come first serve and will be available to sign up in january

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

ok. application. an application will be a thread where you can sign up to be an ambassador. it is first come first serve and will be available to sign up in january
    '
    OHH wat a goood news TANX . U always got good news

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

eh, well sort of... more info to come

Tournament & Ladder Leader Onaraasider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DanielRH View Post
    eh, well sort of... more info to come
    here is link to as much info i can spare:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...t-to-be-in-aoa
    Thanks to Aaroniero Arruruerie for the wonderful signature
    tap green thumb or thanks button if i helped!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Heres the big secret that GOA, AOA, SG's tell people every now and then.

IF you want to be any of those, you will not become one. The people who have earned these rights didn't earn it by wanting it, they earned it by doing the right thing and helping people, knowing that their good deed will most likely go unnoticed by others.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Pharcyde For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

I have to side with Pharcyde on this one. He said it much better than I did. Asking to become an ambassador defeats the purpose of being an ambassador. If your goal is to help people, then help them. If you are looking to help them, you should want to do so, and that means doing so without expecting a reward. The last shall be first, and the first shall be last.

I may ruffle some feathers here (no pun intended, bird characters), but I don't think a player should be able to apply to become an ambassador. Simply put, the invitation should come from the senior members, administrators, and developers of the game who recognize a person's talents, generosity, and benevolence, and wish to reward that player. The player could, of course, reject the invitation, but asking to be an official ambassador does not seem in line with what an ambassador really means.

Of course, you can be a non-titled ambassador by doing all of the things that an ambassador does, such as helping new players, providing them with guidance, contributing to the forums, reporting trolls and flamers, and ensuring that players experience with Pocket Legends is a rewarding one.

Just my two cents,
    Bronxman2012