Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What the new update has brought forth...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Whatever the reason, maybe even superior timing as Justg didn't go on until Sunday, I'm glad that we have gotten some new information.

We'll see how things go in the next few weeks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WhoIsThis For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #102
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    "Do not create threads/posts to “petition” or “lobby” for game features, additions, changes, or other issues. You may post suggestions and/or ideas to the boards, but you may not create a ‘petition’ for others to sign. This is bumping in disguise and will not be allowed. Lobbying is continually bringing up the same topic repeatedly in numerous different threads or as an off-topic post in official threads to get developer attention. This form of posting is not permitted"

This is brilliant, I think you just violated 3 Forum Rules in one thread, couldn't have done it better XD, these three violation are: Bumping (bumping in disguise), petitioning, and cross-posting. Let me see, you directly called out the developers, you used the word "plea" which is synonymous to "petition" (well, according to merriam-webster dictionary), not to mention, these issues have been raised repeatedly in other threads which is cross-posting by STS definition, so put 2 and 2 together...no other way of looking at it. Anyone who's been reading the general discussion in the forums for the past week will more or less know that everything you said has been posted in other threads (or as an off-topic), not only is this lobbying, but this is provoking people once more, I believe the tension has declined already, many have moved on including myself. I wouldn't say ths thread should be locked because it's a violation too, I just want to commend you for a job well done XD. Thank you.

Hey Zeusabe,

Rather than posting that someone is "breaking the rules" please use the Report Post button to let the Community Team aware of your feelings that a post is breaking the rules. That way, we don't get into flame fests with users policing other users and derail threads over such discussion.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey Zeusabe,

Rather than posting that someone is "breaking the rules" please use the Report Post button to let the Community Team aware of your feelings that a post is breaking the rules. That way, we don't get into flame fests with users policing other users and derail threads over such discussion.
    Ownage
    (Yes I killed a dev)
    Don't screw with the pew! (not literally) lol
    Active Toons: MoarPewPew,Enrages,PewPewJr
    I award Pew Points.(Keep Track!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Am I the only one who too Z's post as a joke? :O

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #105
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    Am I the only one who too Z's post as a joke? :O
    That's the thing with text, there is no body language or inflection to go along with it. So, without such, how would you know if someone was joking or not. If it really was a joke post, then include some joking text and some or . Otherwise, the only thing you'll get from me is a warning to not play forum police. The forums are srs bznz!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey Zeusabe,

Has needed clarifying by STS for a while.... (aimed @ the community NOT the individual rightly corrected this time)
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:515526
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaddy View Post
    I don't agree with a couple of your conclusions a much as others, but I'm glad you're willing to try to look at the issue from both perspectives. Thats why you're a star player, Apollo.
    Haha, I didn't expect everybody to agree with it. Even when you try to be unbiased, it's still biased, Bahahaha.

Feel free to post your perspective, or PM me. I'm good either way. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion!
    Apollo, as others have said this is a great post. And as Gaddy has said, I appreciate you taking the time to try to consider both PoVs.

In this post, I am not speaking directly to anyone. Just giving my thoughts on a few subjects.

Imo, the "turnstyle" approach to holiday content, doesn't need to be changed for any reason. For people who just want the vanities, they can get both for 2 plat.

For farmers/merchants who are hoping to make large sums of coin, They can still do as much farming as they want, control drop level percisely and not have to pay for more access then they are able to play. In business, it takes money to make money. To receive profit, you have to invest first.

For farmers, one of the problems with an unlimited pass would be that people who invested just a small amount of plat could reap the same rewards as those who invested large amount of plat.

Some players want to be collectors and keep their items and not really re-sell too many. Being a collector takes money. Most collectors end up spending huge sums on their hobby.

Just because I can't afford to collect vintage comic books doesn't mean that I am going to go on and on RAGING against Ebay. I'm not going to threaten to stop bidding just cause I can't afford to buy everything that I want.

If I can't afford to buy all the content that is available, that is not STS's fault. If I want to start collecting vintage comic books, I need a better job, lol. It is no one's fault.

It was OBVIOUSLY ineveitable that STS was going to have to focus on increasing their revenue. Code don't write itself! Honestly, some have been sounding like elderly people. Whom I love very much btw. But, if you ever mention that you just spent $4 on a loaf of bread, WOW, that will get them started! Lol Talking about how prices used to be cheaper.

And the idea that in order to keep EVERYONE happy, every item that we can buy has to have several different levels, (e.g. 2 plat per boss, a two-hour pass, a unlimited pass), is fine if STS feels a need to do something like that. But, if people were really loyal they would place less demands and be more understanding.

The plat per-boss thing, really seems like a compromise that should make everyone happy.

If STS "raises prices" they are doing it because:

1. They have to.
    2. They can. Meaning, obviously they have the customer base to do so. Does anyone think that the 100 or so active "vetrans" are going to be able to pay all the bills?
    3. It is their job to do what is best for the company. They have to. You would too or you would not last long in a company you were working for.

The entire game can be played for free, except for optional content that does not impact the core.

All this drama can be boiled down to three things:

1. Some players want different content. For w/e reason they seem dissatisfied with this great game. People have used words such as fresh, epic, creative, etc.

2. Some players want lower prices on plat buyable stuff and/or less options for plat buyers.

3. Some players are all mad because they don't believe STS is listening.

How on earth does anyone think that the content is going to change if the amount of revenue doesn't? You can't have one without the other.

And as far as drama problem nunber 3, I'll post my thoughts on that on a different post.
    "How Wude! Mesa your humble Servant."
    "You can argue with me, but you can't aruge with the math." Foghorn Leghorn, 20th Century American Philospher

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Well thought out dont know u on a personnal basis but i realize u are among the PL greats even the devs should have a pictre of who u r by now. Im sure they will carefully examine your thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

The devs knowing who you are would not risk banning you knowing your followers,friends, and evryone supporting the cause would leave too which would be detremental to the amount of money coming in for them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default yay

lol i just got the candy cane gun from Ed Neezer
    Pocket Legends ~ Ghasti (Dexbear), Royalbank (Bank Bear)
    Star Legends ~ Ghasti (Engineer), Galacticbank (Bank Commando)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I feel great that sam is responding to all of this criticism, but notice how no other devs are, besides a few posts by justg. I question whose idea it was in the first place to charge so much for the winter festival.
    Last edited by lionblaze149; 01-01-2012 at 02:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lionblaze149 View Post
    I feel great that sam is responding to all of this criticism, but notice how no other devs are, besides a few posts by justg. I question whose idea it was in the first place to charge so much for the winter festival.
    My guess is that they are on Christmas break. 2012 will be a decisive year for PL though ... so we shall see.