Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Possible solutions to the current problems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just laughed at my post, so many mistakes (im on my iphone)
    Anyway, i see your point but at least, hwt rid of he potion problem, if your still against replacing potions with something else, tell me even one good reason or argument.
    Edit: added a little idea to my original post.
    Last edited by Shebee; 04-21-2010 at 07:33 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree with Splurd. You shouldn't have to hope that you can find a party to play this game, you should be able to carefully solo levels and without potions we wouldn't be able to do that. Hopefully they'll add some high level instances where you MUST work with a team to even have a chance of survival, but I think the majority of the levels should stay right about where they are at.

In short: I respectfully disagree with your original post. While I think other areas of the game could be tweaked, I'm happy with the way the things you mentioned are working right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm happy as long as they make an end to the potion spamming and come up with some kind of solution that satisfies real players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shebee View Post
    I just laughed at my post, so many mistakes (im on my iphone)
    Anyway, i see your point but at least, hwt rid of he potion problem, if your still against replacing potions with something else, tell me even one good reason or argument.
    Edit: added a little idea to my original post.

Because I dont think its broken too badly. Not all classes can simply potion spam their way though a dungeon.
    And with out potions, the game becomes too reliant on whatever the replacement is. be it mages or funky skills or whatever new system.

Like I said before, the game be possible for a character to solo a dungeon. Of course team mates = bonus speed + fun, but ultimately I cannot afford to spend time finding a proper group. And so I solo, and soloing needs potions.

I know the concept of soloing on a MMO is stupid, but there are different circumstances here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post

Because I dont think its broken too badly. Not all classes can simply potion spam their way though a dungeon.
    And with out potions, the game becomes too reliant on whatever the replacement is. be it mages or funky skills or whatever new system.

Like I said before, the game be possible for a character to solo a dungeon. Of course team mates = bonus speed + fun, but ultimately I cannot afford to spend time finding a proper group. And so I solo, and soloing needs potions.

I know the concept of soloing on a MMO is stupid, but there are different circumstances here.
    What would you think of having all the same dungeons with harder mobs etc longer pot CD, must have a tank and healer etc, that would award more powerful loot.
    This way you can solo dungeons while waiting for the bus and the others can enjoy the game in a mmorpg way?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Applying a even 10sec cooldown on potions is not enough, they will still be a great dependency on your performance.
    But by making it at least 30 sec, and instead of pressing that pot buttong youd have your ability to regen mana for example.
    What is it that makes you want those potions? Are you addicted to use potions or what?
    Why can't we play in a way where potions don't matter much..

No seriously, someone give me an argument against my idea that would be in favor for the potions, give me one, please even one good reason why it is better to have potions as our main income source than abilities?
    Currently its just like, oh **** i need mana, ill tap a couple of times on that button. Why
    not get rid of mana completely and just remove the mana costs on skills entirely?
    10 sec cooldown not enough?!?! r u crazy?! on my lv 30 mage i die in 1 sec if i get piled by a boss and like 2 other monsters. Also, idk where ur getting the info that pots are depended on alot the only time i ever use them is if i just died so i can get my hp back up...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dexterity View Post
    10 sec cooldown not enough?!?! r u crazy?! on my lv 30 mage i die in 1 sec if i get piled by a boss and like 2 other monsters. Also, idk where ur getting the info that pots are depended on alot the only time i ever use them is if i just died so i can get my hp back up...
    I go through pots on my 3 chars like they are going out of style. Now, if I am with a good group with a healer, I don't really need to pot health and can even survive with no mana. However, if I am with an unbalanced group or I solo, I depend on pots.

As a comparison, in WoW, if I solo (whatever class), I pull alot to attack 1 or 2 enemies at a time and then heal with food, bandages when not in combat.

PL only has pots or maybe a healing ability for your class. And it is hard to selectively pull 1 or 2 enemies on higher levels. Usually you get 3, 4 or more.
    Last edited by setec; 04-21-2010 at 07:17 PM.
    PL acct 4/7/10 - Setec Lvl 52 STR Bear | SL acct 8/29/11 - Setec Lvl 10 Commando | DL acct created 9/16/12 - Setec Lvl 17 Male | AL acct 3/28/13 - Setec Lvl 9 Warrior | iOS 8 on iPad Mini 2/iPhone 6

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by setec View Post
    And it is hard to selectively pull 1 or 2 enemies on higher levels. Usually you get 3, 4 or more.
    The trick is to look ugly. Enchantresses are too sexy for their own good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No one except Splurd is taking this thread seriously, nor do they really understand what I meant with my post.
    You just keep comparing this to wow and making stupid comments "r u crazzy omgg no i wanna soolo all boss plzz noo".

More people like Splurd, he at least has something to say.
    So please, don't post if you don't have anything constructive to say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dexterity View Post

ummm wow. You totally contradicted your self.
    first you say OMG I NEED POTS! BOSSES AND MOSNTERS HURTS
    Then you say "oh the only time I ever used them is if I die"

Firstly, double standards.
    Secondly, maybe if you potted before you died, you wouldnt.. umm die.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

No one except Splurd is taking this thread seriously, nor do they really understand what I meant with my post.
    You just keep comparing this to wow and making stupid comments "r u crazzy omgg no i wanna soolo all boss plzz noo".

More people like Splurd, he at least has something to say.
    So please, don't post if you don't have anything constructive to say.
    WoW introduced too many people to mmo gaming and which is why the suggestion forum tends to be full of ideas from WoW.

I honestly dont think the pot spamming issue will be addressed for a long time. Not until bigger balance issues are solved. (like how warriors are a tad over armoured now, or how the stats dont do anything.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WoW introduced too many people to mmo gaming and which is why the suggestion forum tends to be full of ideas from WoW.

I honestly dont think the pot spamming issue will be addressed for a long time. Not until bigger balance issues are solved. (like how warriors are a tad over armoured now, or how the stats dont do anything.)

Yeah, this could be true, I know I might be missing the point that this is a pocket mmo, and you want to get into a game in just a few minutes, without the hassle of getting a group together.
    Maybe people should start treating this as a pocket mmo, and not a pc one, ultimately though, it's going to be up to the developers if they take suggestions from inexperienced mmo players or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Yeah, this could be true, I know I might be missing the point that this is a pocket mmo, and you want to get into a game in just a few minutes, without the hassle of getting a group together.
    Maybe people should start treating this as a pocket mmo, and not a pc one, ultimately though, it's going to be up to the developers if they take suggestions from inexperienced mmo players or not.
    Then again, honestly speaking, I'm playing on fnord... where its a god dam ghost town.
    =(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Then again, honestly speaking, I'm playing on fnord... where its a god dam ghost town.
    =(
    True, maybe they should merge the servers.