Thread: How is exp calculated?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default How is exp calculated?

Hi fellow Star Warriors,
    Can anyone shed any light as to how exp points are earned. I had assumed that each kill equated to one experience point. However one examination that does not appear to be the case. What method actually is used.

Cheers
    Ladyshooter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think thats right. But not only for killing enemys u get xp. Also for some things (like weapon supplys ). Well,in voleria u get 2 xp for one enemy because scorns r more difficult. And offcourse for quests
    u earn xp. Hope it helped u.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Hae u noticed certain levels have recommended levels? If you are in a place and you are within this specified level range you will get one exp. But if you saty in that level even when you are passed the recommened
    Level range you start getting only half xp.if you go to a level before you reach the recommended level range u get double xp. Also when you kill many people very fast you get combo'ed xp. Twice as much u would get

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Next time you're in a run, pay attention to the the little circle next to the mobs health. Depending on your level and the suggested level of the dungeon, this orb will go from Red to Blue, and is called your threat level Indicator. Red is x2 exp, blue is something like .33% xp/kill. I believe yellow is 1xp/kill, not quite sure of the others.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

XP earned is calculated based on the difference betweeen your level and the level of the mob. There is also a xp bonus for running with a full party (5 members) which I believe is somewhere around 10-15%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krazii View Post
    XP earned is calculated based on the difference betweeen your level and the level of the mob. There is also a xp bonus for running with a full party (5 members) which I believe is somewhere around 10-15%.
    1.3X xp for full party, as confirmed by Asommers
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey many thanks guys, guess I should pay more attention when playing. Saying that they don't advertise this information very much. Perhaps it should be made clear during the tutorial, I always knew that you did not get exp if you were deemed to high for a particular level, but did not realise there was such a sliding scale. Have wated a lot of time on runs we're it now appears I was only getting 1/2 or lower points. Don't mind that in principle, just think we should be made aware of it.

Thanks again for the speedy reply.
    LadyS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

GOOD LUCK.

Nah it's what Ebalere said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Next time you're in a run, pay attention to the the little circle next to the mobs health. Depending on your level and the suggested level of the dungeon, this orb will go from Red to Blue, and is called your threat level Indicator. Red is x2 exp, blue is something like .33% xp/kill. I believe yellow is 1xp/kill, not quite sure of the others.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

for more info on threat level, check here:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...t=colored+orbs

there are 5 different colors i believe, and the higher the threat level, the better the chance you will get a rarer drop.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LelouchX View Post
    for more info on threat level, check here:
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...t=colored+orbs

there are 5 different colors i believe, and the higher the threat level, the better the chance you will get a rarer drop.
    Hate to contest you on this, but I'm certain many devs have said drops are 100% random. Not to mention, since you can only drop loot at your corresponding level, you couldn't drop say, a nova blaster unless you were lv35+, making the threat level already low.
    Infinite Union forums

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

In SY, the circle is blue and it gives me 1/3 xp. So it's 0.333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 3333333333333 etc... xp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Hate to contest you on this, but I'm certain many devs have said drops are 100% random. Not to mention, since you can only drop loot at your corresponding level, you couldn't drop say, a nova blaster unless you were lv35+, making the threat level already low.
    Well, i hate to contest you also... i was running resun level 5 on a twink with some help from a 26. Boss threat was red, and got numerous green drops from him, and other lower levels did too, and the higher level got all whites and an orange 1 think one time. also, when i was level 6 in redsun, i was dropping level 9 gear. idk how the legendary guns you are talking about work, but this was a few days ago this happened, and i've seen the same thing in PL when i played. im not saying the drops aren't random, just that when there is a higher threat level, there is a better chance you will drop a rare item as opposed to a common one.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Agreed. It's almost the opposite. High threat level actually gives worse drops due to items being level specific now. Trading faster xp for money...if you can even make money off purples anymore.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Well, i hate to contest you also... i was running resun level 5 on a twink with some help from a 26. Boss threat was red, and got numerous green drops from him, and other lower levels did too, and the higher level got all whites and an orange 1 think one time. also, when i was level 6 in redsun, i was dropping level 9 gear. idk how the legendary guns you are talking about work, but this was a few days ago this happened, and i've seen the same thing in PL when i played. im not saying the drops aren't random, just that when there is a higher threat level, there is a better chance you will drop a rare item as opposed to a common one.
    If the lowest level available for the loot you dropped was level 9, then you will get level 9. I'd like for a dev to shed some light on this. I still don't think your level affects the rarity of loot, but I could be wrong. This is all info from patch updates and what I recall devs sayin.
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Red= 2 xp
    Yellow= 1xp
    Light Gray= 1xp
    Blue= 0.5 xp
    Dark Gray= no xp
    One credit is what makes a million credits.
    Anishavie, The Merchant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Drops are 100% random bro. And some items dont scale.
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Now, what are the "orbs" you all speak of and where would they be located on the screen/HUD? I've been looking for then and seem to be unable to locate the little buggers. Are the part of the HUD, or free-floating around enemies? I don't think they are the dots at the bottom left, next to ping, but I could be mistaken. Any insight would be quite helpful indeed.
    Doomednoob - LvL 41 Engineer
    Dooomednoob - LvL 11 Operative
    <Vengeance>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doomednoob View Post
    Now, what are the "orbs" you all speak of and where would they be located on the screen/HUD? I've been looking for then and seem to be unable to locate the little buggers. Are the part of the HUD, or free-floating around enemies? I don't think they are the dots at the bottom left, next to ping, but I could be mistaken. Any insight would be quite helpful indeed.
    When you attack an enemy, there is a colored orb attached to their health bar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    When you attack an enemy, there is a colored orb attached to their health bar.
    The things you overlook when not paying very close attention. Thanks!
    Doomednoob - LvL 41 Engineer
    Dooomednoob - LvL 11 Operative
    <Vengeance>