Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Big luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe:592163
    Missing the point. The point is, why launch a big luck a year ago for 75 plat (and appeared in Dotd several times) then sell it for 25 plat a year after (which based on the description should be better than the original big luck). It doesn't matter if it served its purpose that's not the point. The point is with the launch of a better big luck today, the game is telling you that a year ago, you paid more for a ****ter version. Period. That's quite obvious. This is really wtf-able. I agree with the thread starter.
    I see where youre coming from, but what's the alternative? Sell this one for the same amount? Or more? In the end, youre complaining about sts putting out a new vanity for cheap.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Let me quote the governator, "stop whinning".

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Hey guys, at least you didn't get the Shield of Gratitude (NO STATS VANITY) for buying all the spine map packs before they became free -____- I raged....
    My Spacetime Studios Fan Channel -> http://www.youtube.com/user/pocketlegendshq.
    Check it out for all Pocket Legends, Star Legends, and Dark Legends videos!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Default Big luck

You know what would be BAD... If that I buy bigger luck for 25 platinum then the next day it goes on sale for even cheaper!

"...And may the odds be ever in your favor." ~Effie Trinket

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd View Post
    I see where youre coming from, but what's the alternative? Sell this one for the same amount? Or more? In the end, youre complaining about sts putting out a new vanity for cheap.
    I'm not complaining that STS is putting out a cheap new vanity, that is good "IF" I didn't buy a worse version for more, you see, that made the difference. I wouldn't mind buying something cheap, who doesn't want cheap stuff? But If I knew for a fact that I bought a worse version earlier for three times more, wouldn't that make me feel ripped off? There's an "IF" to it, I'm not whining because it's cheap LOL that's ridiculous. What makes me different (and all the others with same situation) is that I actually bought the big luck (75 platinum). In effect, I'm not only buying a cheap one (25 plat), I also bought the expensive one (75 plat). But here's is where it doesn't add up, the more expensive one is actually worse than the cheap one. It's no use crying over spilled milk. But wouldn't it make more sense if they launched the first big luck for 25 platinum, and bigger luck for 75 platinum? No fancy thinking, simple analogy, I think you'd agree with me. Now another argument would be, well, it's a matter of order, you'd buy them both anyway...that's correct, I would've bought the same big lucks so in effect I would've spent 100 platinum anyway, but how about those people who weren't there when the first big luck launched? Assuming, we adapt my pricing (25plat for big luck, 75plat bigger luck) Wouldn't it be fair that they pay a bigger price because it's a better version which would also appeace to those people who actually bought the 25 platinum big luck. It's just marketing. I hope in the future these things don't happen...this game will lose a lot of old players with these kind of pricing tactics. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by zeusabe; 03-15-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe:592215
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd View Post
    I'm not complaining that STS is putting out a cheap new vanity, that is good "IF" I didn't buy a worse version for more, you see, that made the difference. I wouldn't mind buying something cheap, who doesn't want cheap stuff? But If I knew for a fact that I bought a worse version earlier for three times more, wouldn't that make me feel ripped off? There's an "IF" to it, I'm not whining because it's cheap LOL that's ridiculous. What makes me different (and all the others with same situation) is that I actually bought the 75 platinum. In effect, I'm not only buying a cheap one (25 plat), I also bought the expensive one (75 plat). It's no use crying over spilled milk. But wouldn't it made more sense if they launched the first big luck for 25 platinum, and bigger luck for 75 platinum? No fancy thinking, simple analogy, I think you'd agree with me. Just my 2 cents.
    I bought the 75plat one as well, and like I said, I can see where youre coming from. But, sts can't go back in time and make big luck 25 plat. So, I'm happy it's only 25 plat.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post
    I'm not complaining that STS is putting out a cheap new vanity, that is good "IF" I didn't buy a worse version for more, you see, that made the difference. I wouldn't mind buying something cheap, who doesn't want cheap stuff? But If I knew for a fact that I bought a worse version earlier for three times more, wouldn't that make me feel ripped off? There's an "IF" to it, I'm not whining because it's cheap LOL that's ridiculous. What makes me different (and all the others with same situation) is that I actually bought the 75 platinum. In effect, I'm not only buying a cheap one (25 plat), I also bought the expensive one (75 plat). It's no use crying over spilled milk. But wouldn't it made more sense if they launched the first big luck for 25 platinum, and bigger luck for 75 platinum? No fancy thinking, simple analogy, I think you'd agree with me. Just my 2 cents.
    Nicely said bro.
    My Spacetime Studios Fan Channel -> http://www.youtube.com/user/pocketlegendshq.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I have the same issue with my TV that the other guy did. Bought a 65" rear projection TV a few years ago for almost 2grand. Now I can get a 65" 3D LED TV for way less. I want a refund...

While we're at it...

I bought an HTC Incredible 2 less than a year ago for $300. Now the Rezound, which blows it out of the water, is only $200. I want a refund...
    I bought a Ford 2 years ago. no Sync, no Android, None of that stuff. Now The same model WITH that stuff, and better mileage to boot, is actually 3k cheaper. I want a refund...
    I build a brand new house 3 years ago. The current economy cut it's value by about 30%. I want a refund...

Looks to me like a whole lot of crap used to be more expensive for a lesser version. wow. I WANT A REFUND!!!!!!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trunzoc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trunzoc View Post
    I have the same issue with my TV that the other guy did. Bought a 65" rear projection TV a few years ago for almost 2grand. Now I can get a 65" 3D LED TV for way less. I want a refund...

While we're at it...

I bought an HTC Incredible 2 less than a year ago for $300. Now the Rezound, which blows it out of the water, is only $200. I want a refund...
    I bought a Ford 2 years ago. no Sync, no Android, None of that stuff. Now The same model WITH that stuff, and better mileage to boot, is actually 3k cheaper. I want a refund...
    I build a brand new house 3 years ago. The current economy cut it's value by about 30%. I want a refund...

Looks to me like a whole lot of crap used to be more expensive for a lesser version. wow. I WANT A REFUND!!!!!!!!
    Yep...no need in complaining now...what's done is done...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just a thought but instead of another clover didn't you guys (sts) think of something new? I'd be happy with a leprechaun hat, different to what we have, would look cool and fitting for the time of year!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Curiana View Post
    Just a thought but instead of another clover didn't you guys (sts) think of something new? I'd be happy with a leprechaun hat, different to what we have, would look cool and fitting for the time of year!
    This I agree with

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Curiana:592276
    I guess but considering bigger luck is only 10 plat more than big luck was last year (15 plat during the actual event) and it has a better reroll chance I think that extra leaf is quite fitting.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Like look like the old one but have clovers jumping out like a bonus ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Alterra does not revolve around you. Stuff happens, live with it.

Because it is a well known holiday, I think its all acceptable to promote an item for cheaper than the last year. Also, what if STS had kept Big Luck? You would have complained for no creativity.
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ninjaduck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalonewolf View Post
    Now whats the point of ownin big luck now? No use if u gotten the bigger luck which is cheaper and provides more luck. In my opinion i believe that we should be given the option to combine our old big luck ( that some people paid 75 plat for) and combine it with the new bigger luck. After combining it becomes biggest luck? Idk.. But after buying the bigger luck, my big luck wont be used and will sit there like a wasted amount of platinum used. Honestly i really want to see if sts will do something that will give us a bonus for buying the big luck as well. As of now that big luck will sit in my stash

And i only rerolled a pink once ever since i got big luck 1 year ago
    Thats why you use it on different chars... If you wear 2 big lucks together, that means your wearing 2 vanities at once...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    I had a gameboy color for some years. Then, three years later Nintendo introduced the gameboy advance and - believe it or not- they wanted me to pay again to get this upgraded version. Do I accuse Nintendo for doing so? Noone does!

You decided to get this item and for nearly one year it has served it's purpose, hasn't it?

In the same way it's your decision to get the upgraded version of the big luck; if you don't like it or are happy with the big lucks you already have or think it's a ripoff as there might be an improved version for the next year, there is no need to get it.
    It only adds very little to the odds anyways...
    they could always upgrade the roll rate for the reg. big luck without much effort -_-. Sts's technology did not change at all, and nintendo's did. not really the best example IMO

not really sure which side im on for this argument i guess ill just watch it and see how things go
    Last edited by Appleisaac; 03-15-2012 at 06:48 PM.
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Lol its not that big of a deal, why is everyone so upset? You spent 75 on big luck? After the event is over bigger luck will obviously return as a pricey dotd. Ppl who join later will buy it, then next march they will rage at the release of the Biggest Luck.
    When u rage plz do it over a big deal, something like GCD...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

This goes to show the average age (probably maturity and wisdom altogether) this forum has, in real life, working class people who work and earn each centavo of their salary would go heaven and hell defending their money's worth, here, it's crystal clear that YOU and I were ripped off a year ago and yet the issue gets brushed off. These things happened in the past, and it happened again, why? because of passive people just like in this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if another BS pricing tactic comes out again because, anyway, you all will just accept it as it. People would buy anything that moves in this game without thinking, another sign of a young buck (or an adult who has maturity level of a young buck...) of course to the joy of the game, hoooray they say...we have customers who don't give a f@#ck if we rip em off (LOL). I'm not whining because that would also mean I'm being childish, but obviously I have a point here and after seeing responses in this thread, I'm certain that the maturity gap is pretty significant (in my favor) - the political term is opposing. I'm opposing this, because I don't want it to happen again. If you think that I'm opposing for the sake of opposing, then you need to grow up a little more (or a lot), arrogance to deny that another person has a point is really the best way to give away your unripe mind. Even my teen nephew who occasionally plays PL understands what the hell I'm talking about...

PS: I'll call it now, next year's St. Patrick's Day would probably launch another version of big luck which is even BETTER than bigger luck but guess what? It will only be for 10 platinum, yay!....so everyone who bought bigger luck this year (or succeeding DotD), be prepared to feel ripped off, anyway, people gave their seal of approval to be ripped off by this game.
    Last edited by zeusabe; 03-15-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I am 38 years old. My house, my vette and my land rover are paid for. All these things are cheaper and better than when I bought them now. It is something to do with progress and sale volume. When you start paying for your own stuff you'll see that it happens to everything you ever buy in this rapidly changing society. Get with the program and stop whinning. STS has to make money and no one who bought big luck last year would buy another one for same stats. Its so easy to understand my 9 years old gets it. Come on get real here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zeusabe View Post

PS: I'll call it now, next year's St. Patrick's Day would probably launch another version of big luck which is even BETTER than bigger luck but guess what? It will only be for 10 platinum, yay!....so everyone who bought bigger luck this year (or succeeding DotD), be prepared to feel ripped off, anyway, people gave their seal of approval to be ripped off by this game.
    your over reacting :-/ thats a whole year away and im sure that the "bigger luck" will cost AT LEAST 75 plat in the dodt after the event is over... :-/
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/