Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your funniest story about playing with a noob:)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I put this elsewhere, so please forgive my redundancy, but...

Only the 5 primary maps were nerfed. The mini-dungeons are still at the same level. So, if you had fun in the difficult swamps, just go to Mardi Growl or Bayou Boss Brawl. I'd love to see some level 45s rush the trio of bosses in Brawl. Do they sell tickets? LOL! Maybe that will be fun. Invite some Mynas Generation players to Boss Brawl and say, let's see what you can do in here!

I relented, out of curiosity, and did the entire Swamps packet today. Like I say, it was a cakewalk for the first 5 maps, then I was back in the old Swamps for the mini-dungeons. They are not nerfed.

Funniest thing, since I had the mage, was when someone was calling "Rev Rev" while the three bosses stood over his corpse. I actually tried to reach him once. What WAS I thinking? I think he died about 20 times before he left the game. I was like, "Pull one away from the rest. We can do this." But all we got were useless orange items. I have to say, it was an exercise in futility.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    The very name, Sandy Plate Mail, sounds itchy. Poor itchy bears! There aren't any trees to scratch your rump against in the desert, so what do you do? Use a cactus?
    Infact, we DO use cactus. or.. We wear normal gear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Ok, I'll join, though sometimes I'm not sure whether I'm laughing or annoyed.

(1) I'm calling them cowardly level 45s, who think they cannot do anything unless they're backed up by a full group of other level 45s. And I don't mean just to run an area fast, either. Running fast I get. Not being able to do an area because you do not have enough shields around you because the other shields don't know they are shields ... Maybe that's priceless. Which leads to ...
    (2) Bears who don't roar, Birds who don't scream, and clerics who don't buff. Um, are they playing?
    This particularly applies to the previous level 45s, but also to lower levels who don't even KNOW what skills they have, much less how to use those skills. Um, hello, when a new skill is available, I actually LOOK at it and I can read. (Come on, doesn't this apply to ALL games?)
    (3) Add to that, bears who don't pull, birds who don't grow roots, clerics who can barely heal. Hello? Group with 3 mages; Why isn't the tank warrior, the one keeping the boss one of you morons triggered off your heads, getting healed? I've seen weaker 45s than some level 20s and 30s. I'm sorry, but a weak 45 is just pathetic. Actually a weak any level is just pathetic. I don't care what great EQ and pots you've got if you have NO skills. Remind me not to tank for none VoB, VoM mages (How come there are so many of these? "BUFFs? What're those?"). Remind me to also not tank for people who love to trigger multiple bosses in the Swamp mini-dungeon. Jeez. Do they NOT know mini-dungeons or something?
    (4) I admit to replying "Sure" with my tank bear when asked for a rev. AND a dead mage, who got revived by another mage, who then says, "I didn't know warriors could revive." Oh my god, LMAO!!

I need to have more fun with these people. And I need to not spam pots trying to save them. Hmm...
    I have also tried the education route, though I'm thinking about giving up on that. My brother says to keep trying.
    I have told bears to scream, birds to scream, birds to root, mages to heal, buff and ink. I think mostly they think I'm speaking Russian.
    Well, a few of those times was someone going, "Is that something _I_ can do?" Another LMAO moment.
    Or the level 45s who wonder what a combo is ... oh wait, I'm assuming they actually know what their skills are ... Man, I crack myself up a lot.

Now for something a bit more inspirational (and apparently against the grain of common wisdom):
    (1) Early on, as a level 20s cleric, I cleared AO2 with a couple 45s (one was a pally) and a really low level (he was an alt). We did good, did not get stalled anywhere, got pinks.
    (2) As level 42 INT cleric, I start on AO1 alone, people join and I take a group from AO1 through AO2 and clear. The mostly end group has a level 41 mage, two level 30s warriors (one who knew what he was doing, one who wasn't bad), a 20s bird. We clear the tower without too much dying, without getting hung up, even with several players crashing out (one bear and bird), several people level, and we got pinks.
    (3) A level 29 warrior, with no special potions or EQ, tanking swamps with a level 23 cleric (who knew what he was doing) and almost clearing it: Now that is fun.
    It's also fun to tank the area and watch the idiot level 34 warrior, who doesn't have any skills except whack with battle sword, rush ahead, and die. Quite entertaining.
    (4) Tanking Frosts as a level 20s warrior, finishing alone while lots of level 30s quit out after dying: dying bears, mages, archers. More LOL moments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

lol happened to me a lvl 16 joined and I sat there and every atempt to kill something he died ahahaha he did it like 20 times then I went to go eat and came back he was still trying hahahah

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Ok, I'll join, though sometimes I'm not sure whether I'm laughing or annoyed.

(1) I'm calling them cowardly level 45s, who think they cannot do anything unless they're backed up by a full group of other level 45s. And I don't mean just to run an area fast, either. Running fast I get. Not being able to do an area because you do not have enough shields around you because the other shields don't know they are shields ... Maybe that's priceless. Which leads to ...
    (2) Bears who don't roar, Birds who don't scream, and clerics who don't buff. Um, are they playing?
    This particularly applies to the previous level 45s, but also to lower levels who don't even KNOW what skills they have, much less how to use those skills. Um, hello, when a new skill is available, I actually LOOK at it and I can read. (Come on, doesn't this apply to ALL games?)
    (3) Add to that, bears who don't pull, birds who don't grow roots, clerics who can barely heal. Hello? Group with 3 mages; Why isn't the tank warrior, the one keeping the boss one of you morons triggered off your heads, getting healed? I've seen weaker 45s than some level 20s and 30s. I'm sorry, but a weak 45 is just pathetic. Actually a weak any level is just pathetic. I don't care what great EQ and pots you've got if you have NO skills. Remind me not to tank for none VoB, VoM mages (How come there are so many of these? "BUFFs? What're those?"). Remind me to also not tank for people who love to trigger multiple bosses in the Swamp mini-dungeon. Jeez. Do they NOT know mini-dungeons or something?
    (4) I admit to replying "Sure" with my tank bear when asked for a rev. AND a dead mage, who got revived by another mage, who then says, "I didn't know warriors could revive." Oh my god, LMAO!!

I need to have more fun with these people. And I need to not spam pots trying to save them. Hmm...
    I have also tried the education route, though I'm thinking about giving up on that. My brother says to keep trying.
    I have told bears to scream, birds to scream, birds to root, mages to heal, buff and ink. I think mostly they think I'm speaking Russian.
    Well, a few of those times was someone going, "Is that something _I_ can do?" Another LMAO moment.
    Or the level 45s who wonder what a combo is ... oh wait, I'm assuming they actually know what their skills are ... Man, I crack myself up a lot.

Now for something a bit more inspirational (and apparently against the grain of common wisdom):
    (1) Early on, as a level 20s cleric, I cleared AO2 with a couple 45s (one was a pally) and a really low level (he was an alt). We did good, did not get stalled anywhere, got pinks.
    (2) As level 42 INT cleric, I start on AO1 alone, people join and I take a group from AO1 through AO2 and clear. The mostly end group has a level 41 mage, two level 30s warriors (one who knew what he was doing, one who wasn't bad), a 20s bird. We clear the tower without too much dying, without getting hung up, even with several players crashing out (one bear and bird), several people level, and we got pinks.
    (3) A level 29 warrior, with no special potions or EQ, tanking swamps with a level 23 cleric (who knew what he was doing) and almost clearing it: Now that is fun.
    It's also fun to tank the area and watch the idiot level 34 warrior, who doesn't have any skills except whack with battle sword, rush ahead, and die. Quite entertaining.
    (4) Tanking Frosts as a level 20s warrior, finishing alone while lots of level 30s quit out after dying: dying bears, mages, archers. More LOL moments.
    Fyrce-
    I was crying I was laughing so hard while reading some of the stuff you wrote!
    I do get my bird skills awry sometimes when naming them in posts because playing the birds is new for me... The warrior reviving was my fav story... Lol I bet you were laughing so hard.

Your "PL Bucket List" isn't against the common wisdom at all, IMO. The furor over levels being in the wrong place is because they are new, don't know how to play, and get to lvl 45 being just as clueless as they were as level one tots. If they had to level one char the slow way and learn then whatever would be fine.

I agree with a lot of your list. I plan on taking Henbane into Lost Ex as a lvl 15. Keeps me on my toes. Makes the game wicked fun. If it's too much for her, I'll try again at lvl 16 etc...

I was in the dungeon of Ursan Wealde today and there was a lvl 7 playing in there with a Santa hat on... We were taking bets on how many seconds before he blacklined... Lol
    But, alas, no seconds- it was instantly
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I am sooo loving this thread. Just hilarious.

There're tons more of these stories, as I'm sure you are all aware. Pretty much every game you join. As I said, I crack myself up a lot

What's amazing is the difference if just one other player in the party knows how to play and especially if they know combos. But alas...that is the exception. However, watching idiots die is amazingly funny. Though I do still try to save them *sigh*, just maybe now not as enthusiastically. LOL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Getting this invite
    IF YOU WANT TO HELP ME KEEP POCKET LEGENDS SAFE FROM BED PEOPLE THAT CUSS AT YOU AND SAY BAD STUFF TO YOU AND CALL YOU NAMES LIKE NOOB STUPED BUG YOU ALOT WON'T LEVE YOU ALONE WELL THAT COULD ALL BE CHANGED JOIN MY GROUP HELP KEEP POCKET LEGENDS SAFE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I lol'd, what happened next he started messaging me a countdown. It's hard to see but he's level 26

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    I lol'd, what happened next he started messaging me a countdown. It's hard to see but he's level 26

Omg! Wow how unbelievably idiotic is that? He wanted you, a level 45, to pay him for the swamps? Sigh. What a shyster! Who would have thought that the day would come that a lvl 26 would own a swamp game? It's funny.... But it's sad, too. The demise of the swamps. The carpetbaggers have moved into the swamps.

I went in the swamps tonight. It was horrible. People just running all over the map with no strategy. Worse, they were using behaviors that are WORSE than in Mynas Tombs because many of the swamp maps are open. I hate to say this but I can see the nerfed swamps contributing to the rise of even worse players.

Some twisted part of me wants to take20's & 30's through and watch them run higgledy piggledy all over the maps. Then watch when they hit like the Boss Brawl that snakespeare said wasn't nerfed. Lol
    Blacklined group. Lol

I used to be able to teach in the swamps. Not now. They don't die so they don't listen.

Please if someone takes a group, tell the story. Please!
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have another one, the day the fathom quests come out, I'm just finished the quests on my main and went it the map under the tomb, first time just slowing wandering through enjoying the map, when another level 45 joins and and as he catches up says "run nub", then runs off smashing through the lot. I just stood there gobsmacked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ibmk View Post
    Someone sold himself as a slave to me so i took him to ao2 and told him to solo it. He died about 600 times then he gave up.

Good entertainment
    lmao gkjyfdvbjiutcvhutrd
    Last edited by Kurlz; 08-26-2010 at 12:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balonia View Post
    I just want to kill Santa. Can that be arranged?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Me:s-conqs lance

Lvl 2: I'll buy

Me: k offer?

Lvl 2: ( Puts up 9k)

Me: No way it's worth way more! ( Leaves trade)

Lvl 2: No I have more!

Me: then where is it?

Lvl 2: I made part of the game so i can have 100000k if I want to!

Me: Rofl! I know all the devs so get out noob.

This happened to me today lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

maybe it was a devs alt! lol jk
    Quote Originally Posted by Balonia View Post
    I just want to kill Santa. Can that be arranged?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

No wonder I got banned lol jk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

umm.. new one from today!

so.. this noob lv 20 is leeching my zyla kills... acting like hes pro. He got a sniper auto -.- I asked to buy it for 1.5k, he said " 1.5k! thats impossible" so i said i was joking and got it for 100 gold... like a bawss

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

so.. im selling a zuraz lance.... and a noob offers to sell it for me... lol.. i played along.. look at this funny ****

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok i was wit machinima in the towne. He is lvl 45 strenght archer and asked around if someone could sell him a black armor. He gets one, and then he asks: how do i get spikes on shoulders. Omg i was like wtf lvl 45 super noob?????

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Klemen View Post
    Ok i was wit machinima in the towne. He is lvl 45 strenght archer and asked around if someone could sell him a black armor. He gets one, and then he asks: how do i get spikes on shoulders. Omg i was like wtf lvl 45 super noob?????
    Bahahahahahahahaha, that's great!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    This isn't really a story...But don't you love it when you have like 2 45 chars and your lvling another one....and a guy says like "Haha look at that lvl 8 noob AHAHAHA!" What I love to do when they say that is leave and come back with my 45 char and I say "Hey its me that lvl 8 noob " Then I crack up....
    Lol something like that happened with me I started a new guy and asked a 45 on my mains list if he could power level me and we got halfway through when a level 13 joins an says let's rush and finish level my guy was level 3 by this time I said no this is an xp run and he says omg noob kick him we'll do this on our own so my friend and I got a bit further and I said to him can you hang on a bit he said k so I leave and go on my main join and then say wanna kick me now he then says ok how much did the noob pay you I say I am the "noob" lol he said yea right my friend says he is the level 4 then the 13 says how much did he pay you too there's no way a noob has a level 45 XD
    Richard Nixon: Who needs ammo when you've got looks like mine
    I'm an ex-PL player gonna make a comeback, so when i do, you better be ready for Silvercreed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by King Kamehameha View Post
    my friend says he is the level 4 then the 13 says how much did he pay you too there's no way a noob has a level 45 XD
    Wow. The logic of some people just boggles the mind.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial