Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Favorite Bible verse?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinslaya View Post
    I COMPLETELY agree with Micah! I am a Christian and always will be! I want to let STS know that you can ban me or whatever cuz im talking about God and religious belifes but im going to Heaven when I die!!!
    I believe in God as much as the next guy in fact every Sunday I'm down at mass. But if u truly believe in God you don't have to go around screaming it specially in a game forum. Although this topic is a nice idea and ill find the Bible somewhere that I found the version I really liked.

Add me on dark legends the name is MEAZADE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Rauekat-lvl 71 bird, Rauekit-lvl 68 bear, Rauekot-lvl 43 mage, Rauekatjr lvl 15 bird! Proud recruiter of "The Elite"! Soon to be officer I hope!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rauekat For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

The one Samuel L. Jackson recites in pulp fiction;

Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder:689039
    The one Samuel L. Jackson recites in pulp fiction;

Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you!
    So sick. Haha.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

John 3:16 most common verse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.
    IF YOU BELIEVE YOU WILL ACHIEVE.....
    Just lady..tigerizstar..mivida..ladyhadazza..ladyhadasa

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LADYHADASSA For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Matthew 6: 16-18

"When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

So guys... Don't act all religious and brag. If you're Christian, cool. Keep it to yourself.

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

"A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." Proverbs 15:1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Oh I found another I love.

Matthew 6:34

34*Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Petrichor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

So guys... Don't act all religious and brag. If you're Christian, cool. Keep it to yourself.[/QUOTE]

HEY man noisier u said keep religion to yourself well the bible says when Jesus rose from the grave GO AND PREACH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleleg View Post
    Matthew 6: 16-18

"When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

So guys... Don't act all religious and brag. If you're Christian, cool. Keep it to yourself.
    Btw man u took that verse out of context the verse is not talking about telling others about God it's talking about how u should fast in private and in case u dnt know wat fasting even is it's when u dnt eat for how ever long your fasting and spend time with God for a certain problem or issues or needs or watever U want to fast about. but the verse is talking bout fasting and that completely different then going and telling the world about Jesus Christ and how he died for us and like I said be4 the Bible says GO AND PREACH those r Jesus's words man so u are telling us to disobey God if u say keep religion to yourself man and knowin if tour going to heaven when u die is the most important thing and read wat I wrote on the bottom of page 2 if u want to know how to get to heaven and I will tell others about Jesus till the day I die btw this country was founded based on freedom for religion
    Last edited by geray776; 06-30-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

@Geray776
    Noodle isn't telling us not to go and and preach. When he said "Keep it to ourselves" means to not be full of pride and to not boast of how religious we are as the hypocrites in the verse try to. They try make their faces raggid in an attempt to get other's attention while the humble ones just do as they are told and keep it to themselves.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@geray yeah Cahauns right. I noticed it just like you did but didn't say anything cause I knew what he meant. He just means don't be all in everyone's face and don't act all righteous.

Anyways try and keep this on topic! Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

I am a christian myself and my favorite would be Romans 1:16 I am unashamed of the gospel.
    HEy its one small verse one BIG meaning

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jblazer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geray776 View Post
    Btw man u took that verse out of context the verse is not talking about telling others about God it's talking about how u should fast in private and in case u dnt know wat fasting even is it's when u dnt eat for how ever long your fasting and spend time with God for a certain problem or issues or needs or watever U want to fast about. but the verse is talking bout fasting and that completely different then going and telling the world about Jesus Christ and how he died for us and like I said be4 the Bible says GO AND PREACH those r Jesus's words man so u are telling us to disobey God if u say keep religion to yourself man and knowin if tour going to heaven when u die is the most important thing and read wat I wrote on the bottom of page 2 if u want to know how to get to heaven and I will tell others about Jesus till the day I die btw this country was founded based on freedom for religion
    You need to look at it in a different vantage point... Just because it's a Lenten verse, doesn't mean it can't apply to daily life... Like parables, you have to think outside of the box.

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Favorite Bible verse?

All right just making sure lol cause some do take that out of context and say to keep religion to yourself but even if somebody wants to Act all religious that's a great thing there should be more of us who should stand up for God like slmebodys doin something wrong we oughta tell them that's wrong u shouldn't di that I mean think about God created us I mean he made us out of nothing he didn't have too but he did cause he loved us HE MADE US HE'S OUR CREATER I mean to me it makes no sense y everybody is not religious I mean theres nothing greater than serving God trust me i know from experience when u serve God u will hav happiness I mean what greater joy can u find than serving the one who made us I mean I just dnt understand how people can reject him I mean of u dnt accept Jesus as your Lord and savior u will go to hell straight up and most people dnt want to accept him and I just dnt get why people wouldnt want to except the one who created them I mean is it cause there afraid of wat there friends would think who gives I mean really we ought to all wanna stand out for Jesus And idc how people think of me lol I doing Gods work If acting all religious is gonna help I'll do it lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

John 3:17 (The one right after 16 that is usually over looked) or psalm 16 both have really stood out to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

did u know that Im named after elisha.
    A veteran who cannot let go the glorified Legends days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

"Yes, be bold and strong! Banish fear and doubt! For remember, the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Cloakker For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Favorite Bible verse?

I like that one cloak but this is the king James version of the verse : Joshua 1:9
    Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
    Btw in case u guys r wondering the King James Version of the Bible is actually the first English translation right from the Hebrew and the other bibles like niv nkjv and many others are not inspired by God cause man is changing the words of the bible and making the words more "simple"" it's a shames but If u hav any questions I'll be glad to answer and another thing I dnt get y some say the new king James if better than the king James version and ""it's the right bible when they even put the NEW King James obviously it's a copy and changed up version of the Kjv which Is ashame people believe the lies of this world