Thread: Childhood Cancer Awareness Event

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Hi javier,

Though you may think that your stipulation on the fragments of reasearch on the web of this pill for cancer (such as the various rare skin cancers out there) has totally disproven my side of the argument, the reality is you've ventured off point, and before I show you how, that let me say that the cancers that pills today that can "cure" , cure cancers that are already curable and rare and work very differently from the common deadly cancers that we hear about.

I'm not debating with you on the existence of pills that can cure a cancer that 100 people out of the world have, rather, I'm pointing out that a pharmacy drug is not the solve-all solution to cancer. The reason I'm calling you naive is because there are many other solutions like therapies that would mitigate effects of cancer much better and more efficiently than a supposed otc drug. I realize that your plan is to lower costs and make a treatment accessible quick but read on.

Also when you say "sure" this and "sure" that you are treating these obstacles as little trivial matters, when in fact they are major time-burning things. Say you create that pill in 5 years when the disease is still ravaging. Have you considered the side effects? Have you considered birth deficiencies? Have you considered compatibility? How about if it is significant to the majority? No. I understand this a dream, and not only your dream, but my dream, my sisters dream, my fathers dream, "Heck" everyones dream. But i disagree when you consider a dream and goal the same thing. Goals need to be more exact and pragmatic. Sure a magic pill is possible. But would it be a goal if you didnt know whether this would be accomplished in your lifetime or not? Nope..

When I mentioned "cannot" as in you can't make a magic pill, I truly meant you can .. but eventually. Dream Dream and Dream, but don't whip up a cliche "i want to find the cure to cancer" statement without truly understanding that there are cures, and pills in the far future (ones that can solve common cancers) will probably be as or even more expensive than therapy. Just to clarify, since you didnt put any details at all on your plan of how, in my eyes, its just a dream. But don't get me wrong, dreams are good things.. just apply that into a specific goal.

Pursue politics if you want fast solutions to some lower prices on medicine.
    Otherwise go into medicine and then debate like I have.

~TheRajX
    Last edited by TheRajX; 07-08-2012 at 04:51 PM.