Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Issues surrounding the ELITE items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpslide View Post
    Wait, I was reading through the thread, and I came up with a maybe not so good analogy.

Say, I bought a car.
    It was a Honda Civic 2005 edition for, lets say, 3000 dollars. (True Story, LOL.)
    Then one day, my friend, whose cousins fathers brothers mothers dogs siblings babies owners owns a car dealership selling...FERRARIS.
    This...person gives him a FRAGGING FERRARI (Black N Yellow) for free.

Let me ask you a question.
    Do you think I should get mad because I spent so much (To me) of my money and then the next day, my friend gets a Ferrari, for free?

--Coming from a "Noob".
    No...because it came from a different source...your 3000 dollars probably came from your salary hence hardwork...your cousin got it from his father with no sweat. If you got mad, that would mean you're jealous. Let me retell your story:

Let's say you and your identical twin graduated from college
    You got a bike
    He got a car
    Both came from your dad

Answer: "at the very least", that gives you the right to ask questions, why just a bike and he a car? :P That would not mean you're jealous right away. :P Our dad is STS. We're all identical twins. :P That's the difference.
    Last edited by vampinoy; 07-23-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    Let him hate, he's my number 2 hater :P Next to someone I prefer not to mention because he might go berserk :P Just let him...
    More assumptions. Whos to say i hate you? Cant handle an argument without believing I hate you? And as you yourself would say, theres no proof so how could we possibly know that it would be above 7000.
    flawless best bird!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    More assumptions. Whos to say i hate you? Cant handle an argument without believing I hate you? And as you yourself would say, theres no proof so how could we possibly know that it would be above 7000.
    That "other" thread already had 6,411 views...this one has 1,529...unless you studied a different Math...my figure 7,000 was conservative...:P

That was my post earlier, did you miss that? it's not an assumption...the views are already above 7,000...I was being humble when I said just 7,000. I know you hate me :P Why? Do you love me? :P It seems like someone's mad now that his elite item has been taken away, by the way, we're still waiting for the explanation :P

PS: You don't have to be in here...we're all just waiting right? We're all just supposed to keep quiet right? :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

How do you know the people that viewed the other thread would view this. YOU DONT. Considering thats what you have been arguing about lately, not having proof, this is very hypocritical of you.:P
    Lets not forget the original concept of the other thread was not this, until you used it as a host like A parsite. seems like someones mad they not got to use the elite item in the first place. :P
    Last edited by Arsenal; 07-23-2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Forget a space. Silly me :P
    flawless best bird!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

That's not the point of discussion, losing the item and not knowing the "secret" are simply superficial things, what's more crucial are the emotional impact which is generally negative. In other words, Cinco did not want "negativity". This incident, that is a conscious effort by STS, not only caused negativity...but also, ambiguity...the community is confused...so you have angry players and you also have confused players at the same time, 2 birds in one stone. What a feat. :P They manage to do this in a single update.
    You seem to be the only one angry and confused. I get that way when I don't get sleep. Seriously though, promotions are a fact of life, and it happens all the time. Do you think celebrities pay a dime for outfits they where to award shows? Or for the jewelry they where? And yes, Saycred IS a PL celebrity, simply because we made him one. He did what any of us would do, helped a Dev out when asked, which would be an honor. He just happened to be lucky enough to be the one who was asked. Completely random event, but with a hundred pages of a thread devoted to him, the PL community turned him into an unwitting celebrity. Who better to have advertise the weapons then that.

So, I understand why you are angry, but why are you confused?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I dont really care if im late. Its common morals and seeing someone taunt someone for not having money, anywhere, in a game, in real life, on phone is a sign of low class. Period. You like too assume alot, your so currupt, get over yourself. Just because someone doesnt agree with you they are biased against you? Nah, doesnt work like that... :P
    Huh? I'm the one who doesn't agree with you LOL before you disagreed with me. You're forgetting the roles. You must remember, you are one of the recipients of the so-called "ad items", then I came into the picture and expressed my disagreement. What did you and your kind do? You dissed me, trolled me, sang call me maybe's (that was a little funny actually). There is always bias, the only proof of bias is based on the action that people take...in this case, you are taking the agreeable side with the ad items and I'm taking the critical side...it's nearly impossible that you will not have a bias against me despite the different stands unless you're double-agent...:P Are you a double-agent?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    You seem to be the only one angry and confused. I get that way when I don't get sleep. Seriously though, promotions are a fact of life, and it happens all the time. Do you think celebrities pay a dime for outfits they where to award shows? Or for the jewelry they where? And yes, Saycred IS a PL celebrity, simply because we made him one. He did what any of us would do, helped a Dev out when asked, which would be an honor. He just happened to be lucky enough to be the one who was asked. Completely random event, but with a hundred pages of a thread devoted to him, the PL community turned him into an unwitting celebrity. Who better to have advertise the weapons then that.

So, I understand why you are angry, but why are you confused?
    I'm not even hating on Saycred, he's just a player, he can't possibly have anything to do with my questions?...you're the one who's confused. I even gave props to him. All my questions were directed to STS. I never said promotions are not facts of life, I said it was a bad promotion, hence, the need for the explanation why it is so...maybe it wasn't bad, I just missed something :P Are you mistaking me for another person? Those are not what I was saying.

PS: I'm not angry at all...are you? :P You seem to have found your second wind...:P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

How do you know the people that viewed the other thread would view this. YOU DONT. Considering thats what you have been arguing about lately, not having proof, this is very hypocritical of you.:P
    Lets not forget the original concept of the other thread was not this, until you used it as a host like A parsite. seems like someones mad they not got to use the elite item in the first place. :P
    You're clearly shortsighted, the reason I mentioned about views was because someone said Whirlzap's thread had more views...I simply rebutted with a figure coming from the same source (forums) to prove that's not entirely correct. The issue was never about how many "unique" views. Even if we're talking about "unique" views, I would still have more views which was the point that I was trying to make, because it's illogical for someone to use 3 or 4 different accounts just to view one thread unless you want to nominate yourself? seems like you can be a good candidate for illogical. It looks to me like you want to create a debate on views and proofs? I got my hands full here, I'll deal with you later after this is over :P So please, control your rage for now :P

PS: Let cooler heads prevail.
    Last edited by vampinoy; 07-23-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Huh? I'm the one who doesn't agree with you LOL before you disagreed with me. You're forgetting the roles. You must remember, you are one of the recipients of the so-called "ad items", then I came into the picture and expressed my disagreement. What did you and your kind do? You dissed me, trolled me, sang call me maybe's (that was a little funny actually). There is always bias, the only proof of bias is based on the action that people take...in this case, you are taking the agreeable side with the ad items and I'm taking the critical side...it's nearly impossible that you will not have a bias against me despite the different stands unless you're double-agent...:P Are you a double-agent?
    You expressed your terms of disagreement through exactly what your arguing, (kind of germane to "double agent" and please dont say you didnt. :P...:P. i remember that whole convo with you in towne, btw what does singing a song have to do with anything? I could also say your bias against me just cause i was given a weapon(i was:P) what if i put up the same argument and i wasnt given one?
    Last edited by Arsenal; 07-23-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Missed an s
    flawless best bird!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

You're clearly shortsighted, the reason I mentioned about views was because someone said Whirlzap's thread had more views...I simply rebutted with a figure coming from the same source (forums) to prove that's not entirely correct. The issue was never about how many "unique" views. Even if we're talking about "unique" views, I would still have more views which was the point that I was trying to make, because it's illogical for someone to use 3 or 4 different accounts just to view one thread unless you want to nominate yourself? seems like you can be a good candidate for illogical. It looks to me like you want to create a debate on views and proofs? I got my hands full here, I'll deal with you later after this is over :P So please, control your rage for now :P

I reworded my reply in the exact manner you did. So, in that case, please control your rage.

flawless best bird!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

You expressed your terms of disagreement through exactly what your arguing, (kind of germane to "double agent" and please dont say you didnt. :P...:P. i remember that whole convo with you in towne, btw what does singing a song have to do with anything? I could also say your bias against me just cause i was given a weapon(i was:P) what if i put up the same argument and i wasnt given one?
    You could, but unlike you, I never insinuated that I don't have bias against you, so shall we both admit that we have bias against each other? Which was my point actually and which you implicitly denied by questioning it :P Terms of disagreement? LOL. Can you expound? Are you saying you'll pretend that you were given the weapon? My argument was never intended directed to you exclusively, so you can pretend if you want...you can even go further and pretend you're me (since you're fond of imitating my trademark), that's irrelevant, the issue is not dependent on the player because you are replaceable, it's, rather, on the idea of its incorrectness (the way it was handed out), because the idea is absolute :P Do you feel you're that special? You can pretend however you like, you got my permission, you asked right? :P

PS: I think I know what you're doing...three possibilities, one, to flame me, so that this thread will be locked. Second, to annoy me just for the lulz. Third, to sound smart. Of the three, the first one is your best and only realistic shot...so, I'll let you talk...and I'll just hope that instead this thread be locked, your posts be removed instead :P

PSS: Let cooler heads prevail
    Last edited by vampinoy; 07-23-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I'm not even hating on Saycred, he's just a player, he can't possibly have anything to do with my questions?...you're the one who's confused. I even gave props to him. All my questions were directed to STS. I never said promotions are not facts of life, I said it was a bad promotion, hence, the need for the explanation why it is so...maybe it wasn't bad, I just missed something :P Are you mistaking me for another person? Those are not what I was saying.

PS: I'm not angry at all...are you? :P You seem to have found your second wind...:P
    From your OP, you clearly know you Steve Jobs is, but are you familiar with Stephen Colbert?

Back in 2010, the iPad was announced, and Stephen Colbert (a Celebrity, in case you are not aware) announced he wanted one. And you what, he got one. BEFORE they were released to the public. Now this is an iPad, from the a super secretive company. The only possible way he got one is if it was authorized by Steve Jobs himself. And do you know why Steve Jobs authorized it? Advertizing purposes. Funny thing though, there is no press release from Apple stating that Colbert was given one. There is no official statement, no explanation, no hand holding. Stephen just pulled one out at the Grammy's.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    From your OP, you clearly know you Steve Jobs is, but are you familiar with Stephen Colbert?

Back in 2010, the iPad was announced, and Stephen Colbert (a Celebrity, in case you are not aware) announced he wanted one. And you what, he got one. BEFORE they were released to the public. Now this is an iPad, from the a super secretive company. The only possible way he got one is if it was authorized by Steve Jobs himself. And do you know why Steve Jobs authorized it? Advertizing purposes. Funny thing though, there is no press release from Apple stating that Colbert was given one. There is no official statement, no explanation, no hand holding. Stephen just pulled one out at the Grammy's.
    Why, did the iPad involve drop rates that can potentially milk your money and not even get a single iPad? :P You need to understand my question as a whole, not bits and pieces. The secrecy has an effect on player's mindset to dish out their money. If they perceive their chances are higher, they will spend more. This "secret" elite item, makes people believe that there are more drops than actual, and yet, no announcement has been made of these "secret" elite items, so an average player will believe these are legit loots, thereby, making them spend without their full consent. If the Elite items are guaranteed for a price (hopefully not as much as an iPad) then there's nothing to discuss, everybody happy, except maybe to "purists" who like things harder (I am a semi purist).:P
    Last edited by vampinoy; 07-23-2012 at 11:21 AM.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I got my hands full here, I'll deal with you later after this is over

So are you threatening yet another forumer?
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    So are you threatening yet another forumer?
    Are you threatened by forum debates? :P Prior to that phrase, I was clearly referring to a harmless argument on proofs and views :P

PS: This is the nicest post you made directed to me :P I'm so touched.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy:720882
    That "other" thread already had 6,411 views...this one has 1,529...unless you studied a different Math...my figure 7,000 was conservative...:P
    @ Vamp 3/4 of the views were from you. And that might be a conservative number. It's been said before that if you really wanted to get an answer, you'd PM Techno or any other dev. Instead you are egging everyone to argue with you. Get a hold of yourself, and go work your business. If you put as much effort into your business as you do with this asinine subject, it might be more successful.

@ everyone else this quote still applies

"Don't argue with idiots. They will just beat you down and beat you with experience." - Greg King

It's obvious Vamp just wants attention to his threads. Just ignore him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Why, did the iPad involve drop rates that can potentially milk your money and not even get a single iPad? :P You need to understand my question as a whole, not bits and pieces. The secrecy has an effect on player's mindset to dish out their money. If they perceive their chances are higher, they will spend more. This "secret" elite item, makes people believe that there are more drops than actual, and yet, no announcement has been made of these "secret" elite items, so an average player will believe these are legit loots, thereby, making them spend without their full consent. If the Elite items are guaranteed for a price (hopefully not as much as an iPad) then there's nothing to discuss, everybody happy, except maybe to "purists" who like things harder (I am a semi purist).
    I have pondered this, and it is something that vexes me. The problem is, what other solution would you offer to the problem. They have these cool weapons they want people to get excited about to farm, but they have such a low rate, there are too few out there now to get excited about. The previous "solution" was to start with a higher drop rate and then lower it after a few days, but they can't do that here. It would be way to dangerous, considering how rare these items are supposed to be.

Anticipating your issue of why not announce that players would have em, well that is a lesser of two evils. Do you really think there is a lot of complaining going on right now? A couple of threads? This is nothing. If they announced, you would have threads popping up left and right, rage quitting and facebook spamming. Seriously, this is barely elevated around here, you should have seen GCD.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

You could, but unlike you, I never insinuated that I don't have bias against you, so shall we both admit that we have bias against each other? Which was my point actually and which you implicitly denied by questioning it :P Terms of disagreement? LOL. Can you expound? Are you saying you'll pretend that you were given the weapon? My argument was never intended directed to you exclusively, so you can pretend if you want...that's irrelevant, the issue is not dependent on the player, you are replaceable, rather on the idea of its incorrectness (the way it was handed out), the idea is absolute :P Do you feel you're that special? You can pretend however you like, you got my permission, you asked right? :P

PS: I think I know what you're doing...three possibilities, one, to flame me, so that this thread will be locked. Second, to annoy me just for the lulz. Third, to sound smart. Of the three, the first one is your best shot...so, I'll let you talk...and I'll just hope that instead this thread be locked, your posts be removed instead :P

PSS: Let cooler heads prevail
    Dont recall asking your permission for anything. Your forget choice four, arguing with you because i dont believe in what you preach, which ironically is the most common reason for arguing, cant believe you forgot it. But i lay my cards down here, because in my mind you have already lost, your are ticked off by STS and i am not. You let it get it you, and no matter what techno says it wont change anything, youll just get answers(.but like ive argued before, thats just my mind so it doesnt matter much)Which is what you were looking for but hey, i had them already, shes just your proof. I leave here.

PS: i do not hate you and my bias does not come from the hate, i simply like to stand up for things i believe in, and if someone wants to "dance" ill dance and show em what i got. Doesnt mean we cant be friends, talk about in game or etc., thats actually the sign of someone bigger. Ill also say i do agree with SOME of your points, not all(clearly). I believe your a very smart man. I hope techno answers all your questions and you farm one for yourself (goodluck lol). Im sorry for any flame related posts in the past, i tryed my best to keep it strictly debate based, but even the best of us can stray off at times, so i apologize. If you want to talk further hmu in game @ arsenal or simply shoot me a pm. Until then, later comrade *salutes*
    flawless best bird!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomad187 View Post
    @ Vamp 3/4 of the views were from you. And that might be a conservative number. It's been said before that if you really wanted to get an answer, you'd PM Techno or any other dev. Instead you are egging everyone to argue with you. Get a hold of yourself, and go work your business. If you put as much effort into your business as you do with this asinine subject, it might be more successful.

@ everyone else this quote still applies

"Don't argue with idiots. They will just beat you down and beat you with experience." - Greg King

It's obvious Vamp just wants attention to his threads. Just ignore him.
    My views don't add up...LOL...otherwise, we'd probably have threads with million views. I never said I "only" wanted an answer, I said I want the community to see it too. I would have PM'd Techno if that was my intention. I want people to see it :P How could you possibly know how my business is performing? :P Haven't you heard of delegation?

Your quote is pretty awesome. You can call me an idiot if you want, at least you admitted that I beat you down. :P

Good job ignoring me. :P Welcome to my thread by the way :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Dont recall asking your permission for anything. Your forget choice four, arguing with you because i dont believe in what you preach, which ironically is the most common reason for arguing, cant believe you forgot it. But i lay my cards down here, because in my mind you have already lost, your are ticked off by STS and i am not. You let it get it you, and no matter what techno says it wont change anything, youll just get answers(.but like ive argued before, thats just my mind so it doesnt matter much)Which is what you were looking for but hey, i had them already, shes just your proof. I leave here.

PS: i do not hate you and my bias does not come from the hate, i simply like to stand up for things i believe in, and if someone wants to "dance" ill dance and show em what i got. Doesnt mean we cant be friends, talk about in game or etc., thats actually the sign of someone bigger. Ill also say i do agree with SOME of your points, not all(clearly). I believe your a very smart man. I hope techno answers all your questions and you farm one for yourself (goodluck lol). Im sorry for any flame related posts in the past, i tryed my best to keep it strictly debate based, but even the best of us can stray off at times, so i apologize. If you want to talk further hmu in game @ arsenal or simply shoot me a pm. Until then, later comrade *salutes*
    If you believe you already won, then why are you arguing with me? :P Then believe that you won, I'm not even taking that away from you. I'm not here to argue (well I'm forced to), I'm just here to be heard. I'm not directing anything towards you, if you noticed, so far, you're the one who keeps on jumping on me. I am not ticked off by STS, I am critical :P And thank you for wishing that I get the answers, that's my ONLY PURPOSE, not win debates here :P I'll gladly bend over just to make some of you feel better. But I will stick around until I get those answers. Like you, I also stand up for what I believe in :P It's unfortunate that we're just in opposite sides.

PS: later comrade :P