Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Undead mask too rare?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Agree with Thren.

over thirty hours and the only mask I've gotten (eagle) i bought. Farming for undead going on about 20 hours

That should show, in addition to people getting the masks without much effort, that the reward is not indicative of the time you put in.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    For this event I don't know if I will put them into a pack or bundle. I feel it cheapens the experience for players that have been spending their time gathering and finding these items, and makes the fact they were farm-able at all a moot point. Curious to hear others thoughts on this.
    dont put them in packs. If people want instant gratification have them download angry birds junp on YouTube watch how everyone 5stars each lvl and then do it for for yourself. I tought i.was playin a mmo. not Dora the explorer the video game.

The undead mask is super rare for a reason I spent way over 40hours farmin and nothing so I bought it. Try playing FF online and farming for mnks black belt items or mnks legacy weapon items then come cry about the undead mask.
    Last edited by mafiainc42; 07-24-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mafiainc42 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

everyone seems to forget they gave us a pretty good gem to get very easy and two other mask you can get with sometime and a three one thats hard to get and there a problem. if everyone had the mask then no one would have it one cause the next person has it. they should have just made everything in the event hard to get people got spoiled with the easy gem there thinking the mask have to be to get to. not everything is equal people. you have three not 1 not 2 BUT 3 of the 4 items form the event and its not good though o brother. Everyone forgot the other items in the event people dont even count them. yall are just undead mask and nothing else -__-. yall like thanks for the gem and the two mask but not thanks i dont want that i just want undead mask
    Last edited by Ciroc; 07-24-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

and i hope everyone here does get a drop of the mask ones at least. then they bump up the rate drop half way for the last day of the event see how yall would act

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace:722306
    ...so the amount of interest hinged on this one mask is most intriguing to me.
    Not really a mystery.
    You have a snake which is kinda ugly, and am eagle which doesn't have the particle effect of the undead antlered.
    Particle effect will trump a mundane vanity anyway.

Also: how many people play this game? 2-3 a day isn't anywhere near the uc marine drops of the recent SL event. Let everyone have their fun. Still plenty of rare drops and vanity elitism to go around.
    Trust me... I assure you without hubris, the majority of the community agrees with me and would love the permanent sets to be super rare, and the limited drops be quasi common.

Woof
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ciroc View Post
    and i hope everyone here does get a drop of the mask ones at least. then they bump up the rate drop half way for the last day of the event see how yall would act
    It wouldn't bother me. Why would it? I think you're missing the point. You keep saying people ate saying make it easy. I fore one never said that. And i don't think many have.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Carapace next event just spoil everyone next time with vanity cause everyone got accustom it to and dont like a challenges or something different cause they'll freak out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    It wouldn't bother me. Why would it? I think you're missing the point. You keep saying people ate saying make it easy. I fore one never said that. And i don't think many have.
    yea you say that now cause you dont have it if you get and then drop go up ill see you here again and plus it will never happen either

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mafiainc42:722468
    For this event I don't know if I will put them into a pack or bundle. I feel it cheapens the experience for players that have been spending their time gathering and finding these items, and makes the fact they were farm-able at all a moot point. Curious to hear others thoughts on this.
    dont put them in packs. If people want instant gratification have them download angry birds junp on YouTube watch how everyone 5stars each lvl and then do it for for yourself. I tought i.was playin a mmo. not Dora the explorer the video game.

The undead mask is super rare for a reason I spent way over 40hours farmin and nothing so I bought it. Try playing FF online and farming for mnks black belt items or mnks legacy weapon items then come cry about the undead mask.
    This isn't ff11 or lineage or any other like game.

It's a mobile mmo.

If wanted a hardcore gear grind, I can name 15 other nonn-mobile mmo games I could play. I like mobile mmo's cause I can play them for 30 mins at work and get stuff done. I work 3-jobs at 70 hours a week. I fly a 4 million dollar aircraft. I am not 15 playing Everquest at 10 hours a day. I am not 19 playing ff11 for 10 hours a day. I am not 26 and top 5% in the world on WoW anymore. I like getting more for less. It is what I expect out of mobile.

Sorry, but true.
    Woof
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Xaphan Fox View Post
    This isn't ff11 or lineage or any other like game.

It's a mobile mmo.

If wanted a hardcore gear grind, I can name 15 other nonn-mobile mmo games I could play. I like mobile mmo's cause I can play them for 30 mins at work and get stuff done. I work 3-jobs at 70 hours a week. I fly a 4 million dollar aircraft. I am not 15 playing Everquest at 10 hours a day. I am not 19 playing ff11 for 10 hours a day. I am not 26 and top 5% in the world on WoW anymore. I like getting more for less. It is what I expect out of mobile.

Sorry, but true.
    Woof
    but you can curse in a mobile mmo like DL and not in hardcore mmo ummm right . i think you should stick to SL and PL my friend. and you are getting more 3 out 4 items itsnt more
    Last edited by Ciroc; 07-24-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Ciroc do u ctf? Pls say yes, maybe if i kill u enough times u will drop antlers?
    Monarchival - lvl 66 warbird
    Monvladimir - lvl 66 pally
    Oadraebehar - lvl 66 dexbear formerly Monarchivals secretary and equipment storage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by monarchival View Post
    Ciroc do u ctf? Pls say yes, maybe if i kill u enough times u will drop antlers?
    that would be great cause then everyone could have a chance to wear someone else mask and your probably one of the people that lock the door anyway

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

While it is good to have something rare for the hard core, even the hard core are farming all day and can't get one. Based on the drops so far, the bulk of drops are out of luck. The die hards farming all day, putting dozens of hours in, arent the ones getting them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ciroc View Post
    but you can cruse in a mobile mmo like DL and not in hardcore mmo ummm right . i think you should stick to SL and PL my friend. and you are getting more 3 out 4 items itsnt more

....what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by lethalchick View Post
    While it is good to have something rare for the hard core, even the hard core are farming all day and can't get one. Based on the drops so far, the bulk of drops are out of luck. The die hards farming all day, putting dozens of hours in, arent the ones getting them.

i have gotten two and im still grinding for more cause its a great challenge to get one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

From that perspective I see 2 masks that are reasonably easy to get a hold of, and a super special mask for the dedicated people who really want to farm, buy, or sell. In my mind's eye I feel this provides for both sides of the fence. There is also the Solstice gem/jewel/star in addition to the masks that are decidedly easy to acquire and are fun in regards to the event, so the amount of interest hinged on this one mask is most intriguing to me.

I got 36 purified fire shards and not a single mask drop....including eagle/snake....am I doing something wrong?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

wow, I see this is going south...lets try to keep this friendly folks (I wuv all u guys :P)...we all have our variety of views of how we hope things should work. I wont bring up whos right or whos wrong. All I know is hopefully a benefit to help both sides, because this will cause a bigger flame war after the event is finished.

Last edited by octavos; 07-24-2012 at 05:26 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Flowman View Post
    ....what?
    curse not cruse lol

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Ciroc:722554
    Quote Originally Posted by lethalchick View Post
    i have gotten two and im still grinding for more cause its a great challenge to get one

Ciroc you don't play the game as often as some of us do and you got two Undead masks drop. Which proves our point luv.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Ciroc you don't play the game as often as some of us do and you got two Undead masks drop. Which proves our point luv.

just cause i got two mask faster then everyone else doesnt mean i didnt grind my as$ off to get two of them and still grind to get other one to give it someone not just to have it. there a feelin you get when something your never might get then bam there its is
    Last edited by Ciroc; 07-24-2012 at 05:35 PM.