Thread: Seriously?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Default Seriously?

STS is commiting business suicide everytime they release a vanity outfit only to cut the price by half 2 weeks later after most people already bought it... Same goes for the biomorph bundle... I just dont see myself buying anything at full price ever again... This is frustrating.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Takezaki For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Takezaki View Post
    STS is commiting business suicide everytime they release a vanity outfit only to cut the price by half 2 weeks later after most people already bought it... Same goes for the biomorph bundle... I just dont see myself buying anything at full price ever again... This is frustrating.
    Agree x 2, Im not going to buy anything again.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Was pretty disappointed when I saw that, oh well.....
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

What are we talking about people :/ Sorry I am on vacs and cant rly go ingame :$
    DL: love|Floating|Olympian|Cornflake
    pl: Karma|VVorld

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

They have made a sale. In game the weapon and vanity plat packets are half off their original price.

The Batman was 20 plat and right now it costs 10 plat, etc.

PvP Builds DL Tourney
    "...the only thing we have to fear is fear itself..." -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

I bought a pair of shoes for about $200 once. They lost value literally a week later and were worth about $70. I'm sorry, but I didn't cry about it either. It happens, that's life. Things lose value, things go on sale. If it really bothers you that bad then don't buy anything unless and if there is a sale again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    I bought a pair of shoes for about $200 once. They lost value literally a week later and were worth about $70. I'm sorry, but I didn't cry about it either. It happens, that's life. Things lose value, things go on sale. If it really bothers you that bad then don't buy anything unless and if there is a sale again.
    That is such a bad example. I don't know where you live, but in canada when you buy something and the price changes in the next following 30 days, you can go and get the balance back granted you still have the receipt.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that your shoes did not come on the market the day you bought them and one week later were worth about 70$, that NEVER happens. Depreciation over time is one thing. Things deliberately losing half their value in a week or so is another.

And didn't I mention the case of the Biomorph bundle that wasn't even supposed to come back?

All I'm saying here is I am happy to pay for these things, but they are slapping good customers in the face everytime they let people buy an item at half price one week after others have paid in full.
    Last edited by Takezaki; 08-10-2012 at 05:21 AM.
    Shinrokuro - 16 Twink Warrior..........Takezaki - 26 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Never buy never lose.
    Or learn this from my mum.
    Only buy thing when Onsale.
    Especially STS game lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to I'm Siri For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Takezaki:741599
    That is such a bad example. I don't know where you live, but in canada when you buy something and the price changes in the next following 30 days, you can go and get the balance back granted you still have the receipt.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that your shoes did not come on the market the day you bought them and one week later were worth about 70$, that NEVER happens. Depreciation over time is one thing. Things deliberately losing half their value in a week or so is another.

And didn't I mention the case of the Biomorph bundle that wasn't even supposed to come back?

All I'm saying here is I am happy to pay for these things, but they are slapping good customers in the face everytime they let people buy an item at half price one week after others have paid in full.
    I do agree with you. They are bring pretty shady at this point.

Red did use a bad example. The better example is a new car. If you buy a brand new car it losses 20-30% in value a soon as you sign the papers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nomad187 View Post
    I do agree with you. They are bring pretty shady at this point.

Red did use a bad example. The better example is a new car. If you buy a brand new car it losses 20-30% in value a soon as you sign the papers.

You guys must've never heard of sneaker collectors. Its like what players call merching in PL. camping out for new releases then selling high. Sometimes you get lucky and make a lot of money (I've bought a pair for $90 once and resold for $300+ within the week) and sometimes the hype doesn't follow through and you lose a lot of money.

Still a bad example? I think not. At least do some research before ganging up on someone.
    Last edited by RedRyder; 08-10-2012 at 06:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Takezaki:741599

Actually it was a good example

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Oh of course it was!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Oh of course it was!
    Welp, if you're still all hurt over it, then don't buy anything. They're not required to play the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Thy did nothin for gold vanities. They did nothing for biomorph. They wont do anything for the plat vans. I can assure u
    DL: love|Floating|Olympian|Cornflake
    pl: Karma|VVorld

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I bought some things at full price just a few days ago. Jun is sad

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Nevermind. I'm done with this thread, my point was made.
    Last edited by Takezaki; 08-10-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

agree. but dont forget, be first cost more..
    50% sometimes its cool.
    a month ago they did 50% of plat purches
    so? u could buy then and its like u buy all bundels by 50%

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sun light View Post
    agree. but dont forget, be first cost more..
    50% sometimes its cool.
    a month ago they did 50% of plat purches
    so? u could buy then and its like u buy all bundels by 50%
    Buy plat half off, then buy the sets half off Even better
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Don't you love it when you find the t-shirt you bought for 30$ at Marshall's for 2$. LOL

22. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

...but the OP is right, the prices change by a too much over too short of a period of time.

To use the example, if all shoes would go down by half within a month every time shoes are put on the shelves no one would ever buy new shoes: just wait a month...