So... it took me days to read this whole thread (I was too busy playing ).... but I have some comments.

I was not a farmer... I used minions to advance my career and really only enjoyed trading vanities and playing pvp. One day, in a rare bout of pve (wtf does pve mean anyways? player vs who?) at around level 18, an undead mask dropped. I could almost swear it was my first vanity drop ever (probably not, but damn close, maybe 2 or 3 prior).

After I got the mask, ppl loved me.... (it was probably around august 25 or so, less than a week before the event ended), but that is irrelevant. It was when I received the mask drop that I started farming.

Since I started playing (before and after the mask dropped): I never got any fire shards, I never got any level 25 pink ANYTHINGS (so I spent 80k+ at the auction buying them during my thousands of kills trying to reach lvl 26 prior to event end), I got tons of vanities through drops or 5th day nightly rewards which I already had and then had to try to sell (took hours).

The point is... some of the things that people took for granted... others never got. I had to rely on generosity for a fire shard, and it was given to me after I had already bought a better (pink) yellow gem. It was only useful as a bracelet. After it was donated to me, I finally got two fire shards on the day before the solstice event ended. I never got my free lvl 26 weapons or fire star because the event ended.

Finally, nobody has whined yet that gamer parts are going for millions because it's not a limited time event... but gamer parts are even more rare than this mask everyone's b1tch1ng about.