Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why bother making high level trash items?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mage till the end View Post
    Everybody has a time when the had to equip trash stuff. But as you sell excess you pile up gold and then one by one buy pinks
    This is a lie. I started with 15 artisan, a pink sbl lvl 15 and the best 17 green helmet. Eventually I got a ring and a real helm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionstrike View Post
    Here are other things that could be done that would waste less time if their only use is to make gold:

- Have a "sell all" button to clean out inventory in a single action
    - Have a setting to auto-liquidate items at or below a certain type, e.g. auto-sell all green and below
    - Eliminate the trash drops altogether and just award the equivalent amount of gold

Gold is the only possible purpose these items could have, and any of the ideas above would provide a better gaming experience. If you're L71 and you find yourself using an orange or green item, you're doing it wrong.
    Doing it wrong? really? Because right now I am clearing Fire Forest with a GREEN bow that I can guarantee you has the absolute highest ranged damage available to a warbird at lvl 71.

As to the original poster... Up until Humania, I was very unlucky with pink drops. Getting trash drops was really the only way I made money to buy gear at Nuri,s and Fang. I got lucky in humania, but spent most of the money I did get from pinks to buy other stuff. In a dry spell again for drops but the money is coming in pretty quickly with the amount of trash drops I get in Fire Forest. Not to mention that some of the purple Fire Forest weapons are pretty nice.
    Last edited by trunzoc; 09-13-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trunzoc View Post
    Doing it wrong? really? Because right now I am clearing Fire Forest with a GREEN bow that I can guarantee you has the absolute highest ranged damage available to a warbird at lvl 71.

As to the original poster... Up until Humania, I was very unlucky with pink drops. Getting trash drops was really the only way I made money to buy gear at Nuri,s and Fang. I got lucky in humania, but spent most of the money I did get from pinks to buy other stuff. In a dry spell again for drops but the money is coming in pretty quickly with the amount of trash drops I get in Fire Forest. Not to mention that some of the purple Fire Forest weapons are pretty nice.
    Are you trolling? Humania pinks are not lucky to get they are very frequent. 5 pinke in 7 runs and i dont play that much humania

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I like the junk drops because they pretty much pay for my gold elixirs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trunzoc View Post
    Pretty much every response to my post has been "but the money is good" which completely misses what I said. I said the system would be better if you just got the money directly rather than having to go through clicking one at a time to sell them off. I'm not suggesting doing away with the money, but rather the time-consuming sell process. Of course you're going to sell the items since they're worthless for any other purpose, so why make us click through them all one by one?

And I don't consider the purples to be junk. They are legit gear people can actually use, not to mention being the cornerstone of rerolls for luck elixirs, so we do still need them. But there's no reason to have the junk items; just give us the money directly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Loots are quite useful to me as they give me quite alot for a bunch of rubbish...but seriously it will just take a minute to clear up ur inventory unless u have alot of inventory slots and all of it is full of those things...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

At this point, I'd agree with you about money instead of trash drops. In the past, they served a purpose. Sewer I guess was the most pronounced. There were several Green/Orange sets that were actually better at certain things than the pink sets. That's fallen to the wayside now as far as full expansions are concerned.

But to be honest, even in Fire Forest, the trash items are usefull. Granted, I didn't use it for a long time before I got a purple one, but the green shards are way stronger than an other end game dagger.

I usually usually only carry 1 helm/armor/shield, and maybe 4 or 5 weapons, so I usually have a lot of space to fill up with trash I don't mind the liquidation process as it tends to take a matter of seconds to clear many items. It WOULD be nice to just get the gold, but the items do serve a purpose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ephesius View Post
    Are you trolling? Humania pinks are not lucky to get they are very frequent. 5 pinke in 7 runs and i dont play that much humania
    I don't use elixers, which you have noted repeatedly that you do. Not saying it's wrong or right, just that it makes a huge difference on drops.

Btw, nice input, and great job staying on topic. trollbaby
    Last edited by trunzoc; 09-14-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Depends on what you use them for. Do you ever farm lower levels? I do. I frequently farm the sewers and ssc, so high dps is perfect for those places as the mobs and even the bosses have very low armor. So these items do have some use. I'm not saying you should use them to beat the mystery mash boss, but they do have their uses.

Also, when you are on elixer and dmg is doubled or tripled, then the high dps/low dmg weapons become high dps/high dmg weapons as the boss's armor is not doubled/tripled. Try using a dagger on an elixer sometime. You will chop down even the highest level bosses in a hurry much faster than if you use a high dmg much slower weapon.
    Thats what u think, and what i used to think, but elix effects your actual dammge on a given mob, not base damge