Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk about mt fang dragon vanities: stats, rings

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

I am myself a bit confused by what is going to happen and what do I think about Dragon Vanities.

As Dragon sets are droppable for ANYONE above lvl 65 I do thnk it is "fair" that it has stats. There are no buts with this one. Either u take ur time and farm those darn Vanities or u don't bother. It is not like with the Elite vanities which u can't receive but once in a new campaign. U can farm for dragon vanities 24/7 if u wish to. Everyone has the chance to do it.

But Black Dragon set is going to be interesting. It is said that it can be transformed into a vanity and it already has it's matching dragon. Will there be stats for this vanity set? If so, we r caught with the same dilemma as we were with the Elite sets. Only lvl 71s could farm Black Dragon stuff and u could get Smoky only via lvl 71 quest. But we do not know if u can get Black Dragon armor + helm in Blacksmoke (at least I haven't paid attention) and if the new dragons will be available. Heck, it could be a possibility that we would have new Dragon Armor sets as we have more dragons.

It is so hard to predict what will happen since there are so many available options. What STS decides to do it will have a huge impact to players and/or PL economy.

IMO Dragon Vanities should keep their stats BUT whatever STS decides to do, Dragon Vanities should always be items which u could farm aka available for anyone.
    Last edited by dudetus; 10-18-2012 at 02:09 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    I am myself a bit confused by what is going to happen and what do I think about Dragon Vanities.

As Dragon sets are droppable for ANYONE above lvl 65 I do thnk it is "fair" that it has stats. There are no buts with this one. Either u take ur time and farm those darn Vanities or u don't bother. It is not like with the Elite vanities which u can't receive but once in a new campaign. U can farm for dragon vanities 24/7 if u wish to. Everyone has the chance to do it.

But Black Dragon set is going to be interesting. It is said that it can be transformed into a vanity and it already has it's matching dragon. Will there be stats for this vanity set? If so, we r caught with the same dilemma as we were with the Elite sets. Only lvl 71s could farm Black Dragon stuff and u could get Smoky only via lvl 71 quest. But we do not know if u can get Black Dragon armor + helm in Blacksmoke (at least I haven't paid attention) and if the new dragons will be available. Heck, it could be a possibility that we would have new Dragon Armor sets as we have more dragons.

It is so hard to predict what will happen since there are so many available options. What STS decides to do it will have a huge impact to players and/or PL economy.

IMO Dragon Vanities should keep their stats BUT whatever STS decides to do, Dragon Vanities should always be items which u could farm aka available for anyone.
    60+ plus can get drops. requirement is l60.
    YEP they should just keepem with stats! its not hard to get a dragon from my last post till this one a red dragon helm dropped for squirrel. ATM drag drop are right where they need to be easy but hard, u just got to put a lil work, shii u dont even need to buy plat i got both mine with blessing an wearin bigger luck an one didnt even reroll. so yes just keepemthe way they are an if u care so much bout stats then go farm or buy a set ,right?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Something will likely have to give with the Dragon sets too.
    I doubt we'd just rip the set bonus off the dragon sets. That seems rather rash and disrespectful to our players and the game's economy. But, finding something like what we've done with the elite vanities is probably a course to look at. I don't have the task of doing that, so I can't really say what, when or if it would take shape. Just saying that ideally, something would change so that there are not significant stats tied to vanities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno Email View Post
    The "that op get-to-the-cap-in-4-days shield" isn't really OP. It's just a fun, weird item. When I get a chance to set up the black dragon vanity turn-ins, I'll probably make one for this too. But, for now, I made it stat'd and made it contribute to all the two-handed (defensive) itemset bonuses. You'll already be getting the Eye of Eternity vanity offhand, so I figured it would more fun to get a stat'd offhand for the bonus elite level cap item...if you're TOTALLY LOCO AND PLAY LIKE CRAZY THIS WEEKEND!!!!
    You had the very best when it was the very best. Just the same when I ground out my Epic Weapon in EverQuest. It was the best of the best and very hard to get at the time. If I went back to EQ now, I don't think it would be - but my little Gnome would have mad bragging rights with my staff of the serpent, but that's about it. Or in WoW, when I was one of the first Paladin's on my server to get The Unstoppable Force. It was a grind, but so satisfying to have at the time. Now, it's just something to take up bank space.

I know that we can do more to honor our long time players, but at the same time it is important to keep a somewhat level playing field so that newcomers don't feel they can't ever possibly compete. Hopefully you can see a bit of our side and we can acknowledge your side as a valid complaint. Thanks for your feedback and thanks in advance for your understanding.
    You can still only ever equip 1 ring at a time. So yeah, you can get both rings. I guess if you like the sparklies of one over the other - go for it I think most would wear the ring with the better stats.
    these are just some quotes i wanted to post
    Last edited by LwMark; 10-18-2012 at 02:57 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LwMark View Post
    60+ plus can get drops. requirement is l60.
    YEP they should just keepem with stats! its not hard to get a dragon from my last post till this one a red dragon helm dropped for squirrel. ATM drag drop are right where they need to be easy but hard, u just got to put a lil work, shii u dont even need to buy plat i got both mine with blessing an wearin bigger luck an one didnt even reroll. so yes just keepemthe way they are an if u care so much bout stats then go farm or buy a set ,right?
    Yep, I am a dragon noob . And yeah exactly.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Yep, I am a dragon noob . And yeah exactly.
    friend just pointed out that maybe they should make pvp, bonus free...

let me quote him

"i dont see anything wrong with extra stats in pve
    pvp is the problem cause most of the old players wana smash noobs!"

ok that wasnt exactly what he said but thats what he said lol
    Last edited by LwMark; 10-18-2012 at 03:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

STS stated that the want:
    A. To make sure not everyone looks the same
    B. To level the playing field for new players

A. Now, every (rich) PvP'er will be wearing dragon vanities because it's the only way to increase stats (rings will be worthless with the new elite ring). So basically, everyone will still look the same.

B. I don't see how a relatively new player can afford a 15m+ dragon set. And farming one is nowhere near as easy as it is posted here, speaking from personal experience (maybe me and most of my friends' luck sucks?). So, how is this leveling the playing field for new players? It's only leveling the playing field if you're either super lucky or rich.

If STS really wants to do as it says, dragon vanity items should get their stats removed.

Since this would possibly create (another) uproar, alternatively they could make them into some sort of components, to craft your existing elite ring into a new ring with slightly better stats. This would at least take care of problem A.

At least, that's my opinion about it.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

totally agree on post :/

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    STS stated that the want:
    A. To make sure not everyone looks the same
    B. To level the playing field for new players

A. Now, every (rich) PvP'er will be wearing dragon vanities because it's the only way to increase stats (rings will be worthless with the new elite ring). So basically, everyone will still look the same.

B. I don't see how a relatively new player can afford a 15m+ dragon set. And farming one is nowhere near as easy as it is posted here, speaking from personal experience (maybe me and most of my friends' luck sucks?). So, how is this leveling the playing field for new players? It's only leveling the playing field if you're either super lucky or rich.

If STS really wants to do as it says, dragon vanity items should get their stats removed.

Since this would possibly create (another) uproar, alternatively they could make them into some sort of components, to craft your existing elite ring into a new ring with slightly better stats. This would at least take care of problem A.

At least, that's my opinion about it.
    If STS decides to remove Dragon Set's bonuses, it'll ruin PL economy. Dragon items will lose their value from +15m to like 5m. Dragon items are wanted because of the stats, not because of fancy looks.

Sure STS could do this and our assumptions don't mean a squat in the end but I feel that STS doesn't want to piss hundreds of end game players (which r the major plat spenders in PL) by taking bonuses off from Dragon items.

Once Upon Blacksmoke Mountain | 0.0 IM ACTUALLY OUTSIDE YOU HOUSE..................................
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Talk about mt fang dragon vanities: stats, rings

This stuff is pretty cool!

Modalex - Lvl 75 Elf - Skuxxbird - Secret Approaching Lvl 76 Bird - Modalex Lvl 13 Rogue - ADD ME IF YOU[I WISH, IM REALLY NICE! [/I]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

If STS decides to remove Dragon Set's bonuses, it'll ruin PL economy. Dragon items will lose their value from +15m to like 5m. Dragon items are wanted because of the stats, not because of fancy looks.

Sure STS could do this and our assumptions don't mean a squat in the end but I feel that STS doesn't want to piss hundreds of end game players (which r the major plat spenders in PL) by taking bonuses off from Dragon items.
    They recently made changes to drop rates making prices of 56 glyph go from 15m+ to 2m-, artisan/expert from bout 1m to 100k.

If dragon becoming cheaper would ruin the economy, wouldn't these recent changes already have ruined the economy?

U rok, thanks!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

They recently made changes to drop rates making prices of 56 glyph go from 15m+ to 2m-, artisan/expert from bout 1m to 100k.

If dragon becoming cheaper would ruin the economy, wouldn't these recent changes already have ruined the economy?
    Dragons really are easier to farm now..
    ive seen drop 6 drop in 3 days, 2 to me , just my own runs, definitly 100+ runs maybe..

heres a question how much are vanities in SL and DL?? i dont play those games but whats the value?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LwMark View Post
    Dragons really are easier to farm now..
    ive seen drop 6 drop in 3 days, 2 to me , just my own runs, definitly 100+ runs maybe..

heres a question how much are vanities in SL and DL?? i dont play those games but whats the value?
    Well, some people have all the luck I guess. Dragon farming is just about the only thing I did recently, and still haven't even seen a drop in about 50+ runs.

And no clue about prices of SL/DL vanities.

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yo bro gimme a red ring xDDDD

16. The Following User Says Thank You to connerlee12 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I usually do not rant much but this is one.

[rant]
    I have lost a 'substantial' (understatement) amount of PL money on 56, recipees and dragons. If STS remove stats from Drags, I will lose even more. So I am seriously starting to be annoyed with changes to old stuff. Nobody can make informed decisions about anything in the game anymore, that is true about Merching and that is true when choosing to buy gear to equip for PVE and PVP. The reason I find this very annoying is because I spent real life cash on elixirs to help with the grinding and the farming. Nobody was forcing me (I know that so don't go trolling please) but at the end of the day, I spent that RL cash knowing what I was buying and what I was aiming for. Imagine you spent cash to help buy of a nice 6L Porsche, and 6 months down the line the manufacturer forces a recall to swap the engine with a Ford Fiesta 1.2L on, yes, my point: annoying. With those changes, everything is becoming relative and I am not liking that one bit. [/rant]

So I understand the rationale for making changes and levelling the playing field for newer players, but I'd rather see that done through adding new stuff rather than changing historical stuff. Once again, I am not against the ring system, I actually think this is a cool idea, but Please STS, bring back some long term certainty in the game.
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pakax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Well, some people have all the luck I guess. Dragon farming is just about the only thing I did recently, and still haven't even seen a drop in about 50+ runs.

And no clue about prices of SL/DL vanities.
    Hey Jay,

I've done thousands of runs, prob around 3k by now. I only dropped one red armor. I saw a guy dropped the full blue set in less than an hour and this morning, two guildies dropped dragon and I know they didnt do that many runs. It's just random really, i.e. just about being persistant and lucky :-). Good news is, when we are 76, it will be easier to run in fang :-))
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Pakax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pakax View Post
    Hey Jay,

I've done thousands of runs, prob around 3k by now. I only dropped one red armor. I saw a guy dropped the full blue set in less than an hour and this morning, two guildies dropped dragon and I know they didnt do that many runs. It's just random really, i.e. just about being persistant and lucky :-). Good news is, when we are 76, it will be easier to run in fang :-))
    This confirms what I said a couple of posts back. For new players without some decent luck, they'd be miles away from getting any dragon drops. This makes the 'leveling of the playing field for new players' as STS intended, fairly invalid imo.

But yeah, I didn't really expect a drop in so few runs. I just wanted to make clear they're not dropping as much for everyone as some posts in this thread suggested

U rok, thanks!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

This confirms what I said a couple of posts back. For new players without some decent luck, they'd be miles away from getting any dragon drops. This makes the 'leveling of the playing field for new players' as STS intended, fairly invalid imo.

But yeah, I didn't really expect a drop in so few runs. I just wanted to make clear they're not dropping as much for everyone as some posts in this thread suggested
    its all luck, they do drop....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

well, statistically speaking, a Lvl60 new player has the same chances as any higher level old player to drop dragon. So to that extent, the ability to drop dragon is not correlated to the length of time someone has been playing PL but rather to the amount of time someone is willing to farm for dragon (and potentially to the amount of RL money someone is willing to spend on luck elixs). Drags are trully legendary drops, ie very rare, but the dragon concept actually does not go against the 'leveling of the playing field' argument IMO. But I agree with you on the fact that they do not drop like crazies.

Pakax | Eclipse GM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Why not lower the level cap to like 25 or 35 O.O
    or make a maximum cap of 71 so everyone cant use the sets in 76 pvp but it would change 60-71 pvp

My two cents

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Oh... I have a good idea... No more set bonuses at all ? So, builds would be as they used to be?

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.