Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Founders Helm is a unfair advantage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    169 Posts

@seminole were u here when founder's was available? if not, when did you actually start pl?

Quick! Staring contest...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Yich and Entertaining would be impossible to prove, but they did it for me.

With them, they sold their runescape account which was high level and has hundreds of millions of gold, thus breaking a TOS. Then, since they're pretty smart, instead of linking the accounts to their main account like most people do, they play on those for low level PvP (since that's all they do anyways).

I believe one of their characters is named Snow, if I'm not mistaken.

They can admit it themselves, or I can post screenshots upon request.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
    Many of the founders are no longer founders. Instead they have bought and broke tos rules. This has become a huge problem. Its funny how Yich came on my thread and tried defending his bonus. I guess he doesnt want to get ripped off. Then he has the nerve to claim he doesnt own a founders. I really hope sts does something about this. Thanks for the insight apollo.
    I don't have a founders' helm, LOL. There might be proof out there that I owned one and may have gotten it through... Unfair means... But my statement stands, I do not own a founders account or helm. I think a few checks on the founder account/accounts logged into from my IP would prove that. Unless I was really smart and used an entirely different device to play on it, but considering I'm telling you how I could have gotten away with purchasing a founder, odds are I didn't do that. Snow is on the same account "Improving", "Yich" and all my other toons are on, and a simple look at my join date would prove that I'm not a founder.

Call me a hypocrite Apollo, but I think I can call this a whine thread when I don't actually own a founders helm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ortalan View Post
    To be fair, I should add that Lwmark probably doesn't have a founder's account anymore. Last he told me, he was selling it, asking $400.00 US.... There was a ton of gear on the account, too, so the price was for more than just the founder's PVP advantage. Haven't seen good ol' Lwmark in a while in PL.... not since he tricked a good friend of mine into sending him money for artwork that he never sent her.

So yeah, Lwmark is not maybe not the best player to hold up as a shining example of founderdom.
    Oh the screenshots of the PMs I could post.....Maybe I should considering this thread will probably get locked now anyway.

ETA: LOL....You said he was asking $400? This is the PM I got from him asking where hes been in game....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Cobraguy; 12-07-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

Yich and Entertaining would be impossible to prove, but they did it for me.

With them, they sold their runescape account which was high level and has hundreds of millions of gold, thus breaking a TOS. Then, since they're pretty smart, instead of linking the accounts to their main account like most people do, they play on those for low level PvP (since that's all they do anyways).

I believe one of their characters is named Snow, if I'm not mistaken.

They can admit it themselves, or I can post screenshots upon request.
    Many of the founders are no longer founders. Instead they have bought and broke tos rules. This has become a huge problem. Its funny how Yich came on my thread and tried defending his bonus. I guess he doesnt want to get ripped off. Then he has the nerve to claim he doesnt own a founders. I really hope sts does something about this. Thanks for the insight apollo.
    Jheesh yich, why cant you have this mentality still? You obviously agreed here founders was a advantage.
    Except not only was that pre - forgotten, it was also a tournament for a pirate shield, a 1v1 tournament to be specific. The advantage was given so hard to founders that it wasn't even funny. When you play FFA style, that bonus is much different. My statement stands, I'd rather STS fix the forg bow problem than something as small as the founder. Oh and if you didnt notice, with the rate Techno Email is going with high stats in low level, 5 armor and damage will mean less and less with every friggin item she releases.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

People who purchased founders

• Yich
    • Entertaining
    • Lwmark
    • Shelby

I have proof from each of them admitting they have, with all 4 breaking multiple big rules of the TOS.
    This guy has too much swag for me to handle.
    *Request for Pictures. If it does not break the ToS.

Ex-Ambassador Of Alterra
    Proud member of Turbo
    Whatever, life's still gonna move on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Don't want to beat on a dead horse but, to put it bluntly, its unfair. Its a unfair advantage in late level pvp, and lower level pvp. Its like an extra ring. Especially now that vanity bonus is gone for vanity slot. If you want to show off that you are a founders iis completely fine, sts keep the vanity but take off the bonus. Lets take a inside look into the Founders helm Dilemma.

The Cause:
    Founders helm vanity has caused many people to sell their account for money which is not what founders was intended for. It has caused endless debate in-game and controversy in tournaments. It has caused turmoil amongst all players especially for lower-levels. It has caused people to brag and even make founders only guilds. It has caused many to look the same. Founders helm is STASHABLE. Which allows the user to switch it out between all their toons, giving an advantage to every toon they possess and not their main char in which they first created the account with.

End level Stats:
    Although 5 damage 5 armor 5 dps may seem like nothing, this is simply not the case. Combine 5 damage with a crit, it turns into 10 damage. Mages crit 100 percent of the time when fully buffed. With 10 spell attacks, you are doing an extra 100 damage. Now consider 5 armor. This 5 armor takes into effect immediately even before a crit. Causing up to 100 damage less when you consider end-level crit with every 10 attacks. Now consider 5 dps. Add crit to that dps. With every 10 attacks in dps you are doing an additional 100 damage. This is the issue we are dealing with in end-level pvp. Final result is you are looking at a total of an additional 300 damage/damage saved in a normal encounter in late level pvp. I wont even discuss early level pvp because as we all know founders helm is more of a nuisance creating even more of a advantage to the user

The fake people:
    I can assure you people will read this thread, and want to act like a total tough guy claiming it doesnt make a difference, or they can beat founders, or how to get over it, or how they dont care blah blah blah. Well im not over it, and neither is a majority of players.We have to consider the facts at hand, which is without a dought founders helm is a unfair advantage at all levels of pvp. The other people against this thread that will disagree are those who have founders. Rightly so, they want to keep the bonus, so they will claim how they never wear the helm when in actuality they do. Time has passed and people stopped complaining, the founders people were happy. Until again when they have to defend their bonus stats.

Reality:
    If we are to reward people with an advantage in pvp, why not reward those in leaderboards with the same advantage? Why not reward those who have spent more time in PL (600 hours+)? Why not reward those who have spent more plat then anyone else.(When i say reward I mean reward in a pvp vanity bonus, not some useless statless vanity gear) I dont see why this is only an exclusive item for those who merely happened to make an PL account. This type of logic only puts the rest of us behind. There are others who have put in more dedication, time and commitment then founders players, yet recieve nothing in return as far as pvp advantage. There is also many who have a founders but never created an account at the deadline. How did this happen? What is going on here sts?

Conclusion:
    So this is my story and im sticking to it. If anything I feel better now that I vented, but I really hope a change is near. I hope for everyone to have the same oppurtunity in low level pvp and late level pvp. Yes this is a dead topic, but it is a dead topic in which EVERYONE is effected. It is a topic in which many of us feel left out and unappreciated. I find founders helm to be unjustifiable and a setback to PL.Since STS is now promoting the idea of "nomore bonuses for vanities", I think now is a better time then ever to bring this situation to the table and find a solution.
    Debating won't change things, other then this tiny little problem. Think of other stuff, especially the really hit topic. Forgotten weapons. This weapons IS broken, and forever will be. Maybe until STS start including more items, like the new Halloween items, etc.
    Last edited by Loaden; 12-07-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Ex-Ambassador Of Alterra
    Proud member of Turbo
    Whatever, life's still gonna move on.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Loaden View Post
    Debating won't change things, other then this tiny little problem. Think of other stuff, especially the really hit topic. Forgotten weapons. This weapons IS broken, and forever will be. Maybe until STS start including more items, like the new Halloween items, etc.
    With forgotten bows everyone can have one. Its everyones advantage. With founders only the people who break sts rules and a small select few have one. UNFAIR!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Omg, stop these kinds of threads. Stop crying this is unfair and that is unfair!

Those crying babies have already made STS ruining the elite vanity sets, then dragon sets, and now founder helmet!?

There are not much old players left in PL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jsaieagle:884309
    Omg, stop these kinds of threads. Stop crying this is unfair and that is unfair!

Those crying babies have already made STS ruining the elite vanity sets, then dragon sets, and now founder helmet!?

There are not much old players left in PL!
    uhm technically they didn't change much. Just made the elite vanities into rings and dragons the same. YOU should stop complaining about threads, and stay clear of them if the tick you off.

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saool For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Dang, Apollo putting everyone's business on front street. GG.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkied View Post
    Dang, Apollo putting everyone's business on front street. GG.
    Yes lol its very obvious many people came here to protect their vanity bonuses because they bought it illegally and dont want to feel ripped off. Its time to put a end to this, come on Devs, I encourage a answer to this thread or a opinion on your side of this debate

This has gotten out of hand, the original purpose of the founders helm is being exploited by people who are breaking tos rules. I dont want to fall to that level and buy one off the black market. Instead I am very happy this thread is exposing the truth!
    Last edited by Seminole; 12-08-2012 at 05:27 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Avoid fighting players with founders...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

People who purchased founders

• Yich
    • Entertaining
    • Lwmark
    • Shelby

I have proof from each of them admitting they have, with all 4 breaking multiple big rules of the TOS.
    You're so reliable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by :-D View Post
    You're so reliable
    Lol. Grats
    Honestly, I don't see the problem in the founders anymore.There is an unfair advantage, but the advantage is so slight that in 1v1 that it doesn't matter. If you are having problems with Low Level PvP, just PM me...I help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Founders advantage is negligible at 45+.

Buying them is wrong, but you just have to live with it.

If you had a founders, would you still be saying that?

-BS
    rhinomagic[/B]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Actually my uncle probably has a founders helm, he played a long time ago but quit because he didn't like pocket legends all that much. I dont know how long go he play pocket legends, I try to get him to redownload it but he does not do so but he said it changed alot when I showed him it. If he remember his pass and gave it to me thats not bad or break tos cause we is family I think when I see him again I'll ask and see if he remember his stuff and if he can log in for me

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ephesius View Post
    Actually my uncle probably has a founders helm, he played a long time ago but quit because he didn't like pocket legends all that much. I dont know how long go he play pocket legends, I try to get him to redownload it but he does not do so but he said it changed alot when I showed him it. If he remember his pass and gave it to me thats not bad or break tos cause we is family I think when I see him again I'll ask and see if he remember his stuff and if he can log in for me
    Didn't see this coming.

I was sure as I checked latest posters that ur post was about "Founder's are noobs I kill them all". U have improved. Where do u need Founder's btw? U r best bird, u don't need any bonuses.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Didn't see this coming.

I was sure as I checked latest posters that ur post was about "Founder's are noobs I kill them all". U have improved. Where do u need Founder's btw? U r best bird, u don't need any bonuses.
    LOL Ikr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Nope asked him he doesnt remember and he has good memory so that means no one can remeber there login from two years ago if my uncle cant. And I kill past pros, occasionally they will be founders, or ppl who bought founders

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

yep