Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
You're absolutely right Jay. From what I can tell, AoA was never about helping people. Don't get me wrong, I'm positive the devs want people to help each other and new guys out, but I believe the TITLE (caps for emphasis) is what AoA was all about. Imagine a company that not only has great games but can brag great programs such as a program designed for helping newer players out. That's pretty impressive. It's my personal opinion that AoA was all just to look good on paper. If people are kind and helpful, they will continue to be kind and helpful regardless of whether they have a title that tells them they are, or not.
Agreed.

AoA was a humble cause (at least the original) but tbh, it's visibility to the game itself was zero. More than half the applies were made based on a fancydancy title. Good on paper, but in the end not worth the time.

Don't get me wrong, it was a nice touch from STS to get players closer to the company but this "insider" thing is far more helpful as it affects every single forum member, not just the selected few.