Thread: Question about Bear Skill "Beckon"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Question about Bear Skill "Beckon"

So I was doing a skill respec of my bear to take advantage of the 2 extra points available per skill, and while examining the different levels for each skill, I realized that according to the description for Beckon, the only different between having 1 point for beckon and having 9 points for beckon is the amount of damage caused in the pull. Again, this is according to the description. I seem to remember back when I was lvl20-25 and I first unlocked the skill that for each additional point allocated to this skill the range of the pull got larger. But now from looking at this, it appears the range is the same regardless of how many skill points you allocate. If that is indeed the case, then it seems foolish to allocate anything more than 1 point for beckon as the difference between each additional point is only around 3-4 dmg. Can anyone confirm if this is indeed the case??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Range is the same, dmg increases just moderate but it's the force of the pull itself that increases with each point. Try beckoning enemies with 1 skill point and you'll see they hardly move toward you. Try that again with 9 beckon and see them flying all the way to/past you.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Range is the same, dmg increases just moderate but it's the force of the pull itself that increases with each point. Try beckoning enemies with 1 skill point and you'll see they hardly move toward you. Try that again with 9 beckon and see them flying all the way to/past you.
    ye, but i think he mean that level 7 pulling is the same as lvl 9 and level 9 only add few damages more, so i think its better to left becon at level 7 and put skill point in other slash skill?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vle_hoang View Post
    ye, but i think he mean that level 7 pulling is the same as lvl 9 and level 9 only add few damages more, so i think its better to left becon at level 7 and put skill point in other slash skill?
    Actually both answers are helpful. Is this indeed the case that level 7 reaches max pull? And is it level 7, or maybe even level 6?? Or maybe level 8 and 9 even add more pull too? Does anyone know for sure?

Maybe a developer can chime in and answer this??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

I dont have exact numbers but from testing in PvP after lv9 skills were released it seems like the pull reaches its max potential at 7. 8 and 9 just add a little more dmg.

Its something like:

1- 1m pull
    2- 2m
    3- 4m
    4- 6m
    5- 8m
    6- 10m
    7- 12m
    8- 12m
    9- 12m
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaunab For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    I dont have exact numbers but from testing in PvP after lv9 skills were released it seems like the pull reaches its max potential at 7. 8 and 9 just add a little more dmg.

Its something like:

1- 1m pull
    2- 2m
    3- 4m
    4- 6m
    5- 8m
    6- 10m
    7- 12m
    8- 12m
    9- 12m
    Thanks, saves me two points, need to respec before I lose the 2 plat.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Maybe we can hear from a developer on this issue?? Techno??

I'm also curious if the dmg in beckon affects the beckon/stomp combo damage. Perhaps the difference between 7-8-9 in beckon is only 3 points damage, but in the combo it comes out to a dozen points. I wonder.

After reading the first couple of responses in this thread I did my respec with all 9 points in beckon. But now I'm wondering if I should scale back to 7 points and put the 2 extra points in a couple of my slashes, or in Iron Blood for which I only have 7 points at the moment.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Maybe we can hear from a developer on this issue?? Techno??

I'm also curious if the dmg in beckon affects the beckon/stomp combo damage. Perhaps the difference between 7-8-9 in beckon is only 3 points damage, but in the combo it comes out to a dozen points. I wonder.

After reading the first couple of responses in this thread I did my respec with all 9 points in beckon. But now I'm wondering if I should scale back to 7 points and put the 2 extra points in a couple of my slashes, or in Iron Blood for which I only have 7 points at the moment.
    In all my research in combos, it is not based at all on the ranks or damage of anything that creates it, it is a 'separate attack' and all combos done by the same character have the same damage (Like a Mage's fire blast and nature strike).

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?