Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Need a developers input

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Get rid of forgotten bows!

Play Halo 4? On xbox live? want 2 1v1? add me: Puddleglum999

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We'll be implementing a brand-spanking new PvP system for AL next, and it will migrate over to PL soon afterwards.

This is a bit like stomping your feet and holding your breath. We've had better communication from you before, I know you can do it again!
    I think I misinterpreted you but you mean that the current pvp will go away? I don't think that is what we asked for. We just wanted a rebalancing to the classes. This might be what you mean. I don't know about everyone else, but I don't want to have to learn a whole new pvp system. Why not just fix the old?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mage till the end For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

We'll be implementing a brand-spanking new PvP system for AL next, and it will migrate over to PL soon afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rushorgtfo View Post
    Would just like a conformation wether or not pl Pvp is getting fixed ? So I can delete the app off my phone. Just imagine killing someone in wow Pvp with 1 skill? Every class every time. Or here's a better way to put it. Call of duty. in a square nothing to hide behind. Always on hardcore one shot death. And you spawn Next to eachother. Yes it's just like that. So just need a Devs input will It be fixed? If not i call it quits forevvvva ^.^
    This is a bit like stomping your feet and holding your breath. We've had better communication from you before, I know you can do it again!
    i

Thanks, I'm tired of being one-shot by a bird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    i

600 blast shot + 200% with only 500 HP is not unbalanced what u talking bout?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rushorgtfo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    i

Don't worry, ghost, I'm sure with the new system you won't just get one-shot by birds. You'll get one-shot by birds, bears, and foxes. But don't worry! You'll be able to one-shot them also.

That makes pvp balanced and fair ^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mage till the end View Post
    I think I misinterpreted you but you mean that the current pvp will go away? I don't think that is what we asked for. We just wanted a rebalancing to the classes. This might be what you mean. I don't know about everyone else, but I don't want to have to learn a whole new pvp system. Why not just fix the old?
    I interpreted it the same way :-(
    This scares me!

Rebalancing PVP and implementing a new PVP system are two different things. If they change it too much it's gonna make the pvp complaining worse and noone will play....ppl hate change, no matter how much they beg for it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to angeldawn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Don't worry, ghost, I'm sure with the new system you won't just get one-shot by birds. You'll get one-shot by birds, bears, and foxes. But don't worry! You'll be able to one-shot them also.

That makes pvp balanced and fair ^
    Well, whoopdy-doo :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

before that -
    Pl's pvp is classy nobody quit pl to play other sts game's pvp rather peoples returned to pl only cuz of pvp. There are many peoples including myself who would quit pl year ago without pl pvp.

So if you Devs can't maintain it's own standard get away from pl pvp. But yes seriously we needed modification ages ago.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb:915228
    before that -
    PL's PvP is classy. Nobody quits PL to play any other STS game's PvP. People returned to PL only because of pvp. There are a lot of people, including myself, who would quit PL a year ago if were not for PL PvP.

If you can't maintain the game's own PvP standards, get away from PL PvP. We needed a modification ages ago.
    PL PvP < DL PvP < Every other PvP < Battlefield 3 and Star Wars Battlefront 2 PvP

I'd quit PL Pvp for DL PvP anytime. I actually already did. DL PvP seems a lot better than PL PvP to me. Probably because it's more balanced and people aren't so sensitive to rushing.
    Then again, Battlefield 3 PvP takes the entire cake for me. The multiplayer is more balanced and intriguing than PL ever was to me.
    I also wanted to comment on your last paragraph because it was kinda funny. You tell the devs to not touch the already broken PvP while they are trying to fix it, and then you turn around and talk about the PvP needing a modification.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Anyone else excited after reading this? New PvP...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oskitopee:915284

I am... Sort of. I'm glad they are going to be working on improving the game's PvP, but I'm still not into PL as I used to be. There are other people who obviously don't like the idea of PvP actually getting improved for some reason and rather stay inside the broken PvP they have currently.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    it was kinda funny.
    yay, it was meant to be funny.

G.O. We fought for rebalance. Hehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb:915298
    Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    it was kinda funny.
    yay, it was meant to be funny.

G.O. We fought for rebalance. Hehe
    You did a good job at making that joke. It was soo plain, I didn't recognize it
    Can I ask what G.O. means? I'm not too good at abbreviations.

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

I keep getting headshotted by any class.

It is becoming really boring..710 by a staff mage, 604 from a swift bird, 496 from bear savage.

Bear buffed reachs the 92 dodge, Birds nearly 500 damage.

Now, one question,
    Do you think it is fair for a lvl75 to fight players with :

- Elite ring. (3 pieces + black dragon set = 3 str, 3 dex, 3 int, 5 dodge, 2 hit, 67HP!!, 1hp/s, 10 mana, 1M/s 10 damage, 10 armor)
    - Founder helm : 5 damage 10 armor!
    - Op phoenix bow !! (comparated to the crafted swift bow, it adds 3 critical, 1 dodge, 10 damage, 12 dps, 20 armor!!!!!!)
    - 5 class point + 1 skill point

During last cap, Elite sea bow was only adding 2 damage, 2 dps comparated to the crafted phantom bow.. Why such a BIG DIFFERENCE??

Now, "elite" players, with "elite" gear, using those 3 things can be having an ENORMOUS advantage comparated to the players who don't have any of them.

Why don't you do anything about that? Why don't you disable/lower vanities overpower in PvP CtF which should be based on skils of the player, and not based on the extra "elite" gear he is wearing.

Look in sewer times, everything was fine, and players were having good kdr, according to their skills, and not to their great extra gears. .. And all was fine.

I hope my voice will be heard, and please, don't say I tell this because I don't have any of those. It is a fact, vanities are extremly advantageous in PvP/CtF.
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post

It is becoming really boring..710 by a staff mage, 604 from a swift bird, 496 from bear savage.

Now, one question,

- Elite ring. (3 pieces + black dragon set = 3 str, 3 dex, 3 int, 5 dodge, 2 hit, 67HP!!, 1hp/s, 10 mana, 1M/s 10 damage, 10 armor)
    - Op phoenix bow !! (comparated to the crafted swift bow, it adds 3 critical, 1 dodge, 10 damage, 12 dps, 20 armor!!!!!!)

During last cap, Elite sea bow was only adding 2 damage, 2 dps comparated to the crafted phantom bow.. Why such a BIG DIFFERENCE??

Now, "elite" players, with "elite" gear, using those 3 things can be having an ENORMOUS advantage comparated to the players who don't have any of them.

Why don't you do anything about that? Why don't you disable/lower vanities overpower in PvP CtF which should be based on skils of the player, and not based on the extra "elite" gear he is wearing.

Look in sewer times, everything was fine, and players were having good kdr, according to their skills, and not to their great extra gears. .. And all was fine.

I hope my voice will be heard, and please, don't say I tell this because I don't have any of those. It is a fact, vanities are extremly advantageous in PvP/CtF.

The way end game Pvp is currently, yes gear can make a big difference but Pvp being completely flawed and unbalanced is really what contributes to this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oskitopee View Post
    No.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

I have an idea... Keep all your vanities, rings, dragon, etc... However, campaign rollback ? Nothing above balefort sewers. All gear earned after balefort sewers becomes stat-less. Yes, a bit damaging to the economy, but would bring pvp and pve back to its prime. XD

-My 200 cents.

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Noodleleg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post

Now, one question,

Doesn't sts make good money off of this? I mean, a dragon pet is like 200 or so plat and u need that pet to get the elite ring, right? I mean, taking that out would make ppl not buy dragon pets, thus hurting sts. The game is turning into pay to win, pretty much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleleg View Post
    I have an idea... Keep all your vanities, rings, dragon, etc... However, campaign rollback ? Nothing above balefort sewers. All gear earned after balefort sewers becomes stat-less. Yes, a bit damaging to the economy, but would bring pvp and pve back to its prime. XD

-My 200 cents.
    Omg that would be sick. New campaigns, but everything would just be balanced. Genious. +1

24. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Two ideas that I thought up:
    1. Giving us double or even triple hp so PvP fights last longer. Rushers/ppl who sneak from behind won't always kill, then, and PvP would be a little better.
    2. Making a guild that takes everyone back to these so called "sewer days" (I wasn't around, but it sounds cool ) The guild's members PvP with each other without fb's or anything that wasn't around in "sewer days", and can't use nuri's or above.