Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Need a developers input

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Make lower pvp <55 Lesser usage of Forgotten weapons.
    Forgotten weapons destroyed pvp. It has destroyed the market.
    PvP=Forg Weapons.
    PvP= 5 Hit deaths.
    I agree with noodle. Go back to Balefort Sewers or better yet, back when there were only AO3.
    Restart PL.

Ex-Ambassador Of Alterra
    Proud member of Turbo
    Whatever, life's still gonna move on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Noo keep forg bows or birds would have to go back to being warbirds because because the other bows arent strong enough. I like to be able to use a bow without getting slaighterd by a mage or bear. Or devs can boost the damage of the other bows to where they arent underpowered in level 35 pvp

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oskitopee View Post
    Doesn't sts make good money off of this? I mean, a dragon pet is like 200 or so plat and u need that pet to get the elite ring, right? I mean, taking that out would make ppl not buy dragon pets, thus hurting sts. The game is turning into pay to win, pretty much.
    They would buy it, to be good in pve.. ^^..

Couldn't they just lower the stats? seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Oskitopee View Post
    1. Giving us double or even triple hp so PvP fights last longer.
    Good luck to kill savage bears
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleleg View Post
    I have an idea... Keep all your vanities, rings, dragon, etc... However, campaign rollback ? Nothing above balefort sewers. All gear earned after balefort sewers becomes stat-less. Yes, a bit damaging to the economy, but would bring pvp and pve back to its prime. XD

-My 200 cents.
    This is awesome but, uh, how about sts just gets their act together and balances pvp? I mean seriously? It's not THAT hard to balance pvp. Every other game I've played is more balanced than PL. Shoot, I could do better than sts is doing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Too much crying

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    This is awesome but, uh, how about sts just gets their act together and balances pvp? I mean seriously? It's not THAT hard to balance pvp. Every other game I've played is more balanced than PL. Shoot, I could do better than sts is doing.
    It's hard, dude. Especially in STS's position, since they don't actually play the game enough (focused on other work/life/family/etc.), they can't judge whether which stats to balance. That's why IMO, if some intelligent players had the opportunity to actually fix the stats, that would be awesome... I mean after all, the players know what needs to be fixed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

After taking break from playing PL, I came back and got confused of what happened to PvP.

Birds now rule everything, bears are sofluffy...

I don't know what about mages, but I played 2 different classes past days and I can say that PvP is just hella unbalanced. Birds kill each other one shot, bears with their 378 armor and 92 dodge dying three hits without dodging anything. When u trying to beckon bird you always fails cuz beckon almost never works - they just dodge. I just can agree with rush and all others who make threads about unbalanced PvP these days.

Back to 56 cap it was most balanced PvP ever, and if sts balance all sets it would be great. It's just pointless to play PvP now if you are not 76 level bird with all vanities and Phoenix bow...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

I think the developers need to start looking for decent PvPers and round them up... And have a private forum section where we debate about rebalancing, which stats should be bumped up, nerfed, etc. I'd gladly take the title "Pvp-ers of Alterra" xD!

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Noodleleg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

]They would buy it, to be good in pve.. ^^...

Couldn't they just lower the stats? seriously
    There would be less of an incentive to buy a dragon pet if the stats were lowered, tho. Think about it from sts point of view. Pay to win=more money for sts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I think the developers need to start looking for decent PvPers and round them up... And have a private forum section where we debate about rebalancing, which stats should be bumped up, nerfed, etc. I'd gladly take the title "Pvp-ers of Alterra" xD!
    Good idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    It's hard, dude. Especially in STS's position, since they don't actually play the game enough (focused on other work/life/family/etc.), they can't judge whether which stats to balance. That's why IMO, if some intelligent players had the opportunity to actually fix the stats, that would be awesome... I mean after all, the players know what needs to be fixed.
    You know I love all of the developers as people (they're freaking awesome!), but as developers, not so much. If they can't balance a game, they shouldn't make a game. I'm not saying this out of my own selfishness, either. I understand the situation. I say this because I know that other, more serious gamers will not be pleased with an unbalanced game and move on.

It amazes me that STS thinks they can keep releasing new games and letting the old ones go to pot. If they would just focus on one game and make it amazing, they'd have all the appreciation and money that they need. Instead they keep releasing new games which are bound to suffer the same fate as Pocket Legends in the end.

Anyways, I think you may be right about the players helping out. The only problem is that they gotta get someone they trust. If the person is biased toward a certain class or whatever, then it's gonna be obvious real quick in game. I honestly, though, think you have the solution, Ghost. Either that or they need to spend more time in game, themselves.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Ya everyone with 30,000 or more Pvp kills. So all you twink noobs stop crying about forgotten bows. There 100 k for god sake stop crying and buy one. And so noobs who think there good don't get in^.^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

You know I love all of the developers as people (they're freaking awesome!), but as developers, not so much. If they can't balance a game, they shouldn't make a game. I'm not saying this out of my own selfishness, either. I understand the situation. I say this because I know that other, more serious gamers will not be pleased with an unbalanced game and move on.

It amazes me that STS thinks they can keep releasing new games and letting the old ones go to pot. If they would just focus on one game and make it amazing, they'd have all the appreciation and money that they need. Instead they keep releasing new games which are bound to suffer the same fate as Pocket Legends in the end.

Anyways, I think you may be right about the players helping out. The only problem is that they gotta get someone they trust. If the person is biased toward a certain class or whatever, then it's gonna be obvious real quick in game. I honestly, though, think you have the solution, Ghost. Either that or they need to spend more time in game, themselves.
    Techno tried that... Didn't last long.

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

@Waldo - Lmfao.

@micah and Steven - I completely agree with both of you guys. It's really unfortunate that STS didn't know what was coming to them when putting the time into this game. I wish they would stop focusing on creating new campaigns and focus on new things...

Honestly, aside from just PvP, I wish they could make new things. People put really cool suggestions up for feedback, and I hate the typical excuse, "STS doesn't have enough 'space' for it." I honestly think that's a conspiracy - this goes along with STS always reusing the same junk items. Ah man, I could go so much further into my thoughts about junk items (useless space). We're talking about incredible technology, there's always room for more content and new things... technology is growing at an extremely fast rate.

In a way, it sounds as if I'm criticizing STS of being lazy. Of course they're not lazy - they're great people. It's definitely fair to say that they aren't handling the obstacles that are in their way properly. They didn't expect what was ahead of them, and if that's so, I sure wouldn't expect them to be able to handle a bunch of whining players like us. Let's be honest - at this point, we've given plenty of feedback, and I feel as if we're complaining. I think STS is aware of what's going on, but have yet to do anything about it.

At the least, I think it's fair that they tell us what their plans are for the future.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 01-04-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    @Waldo - Lmfao.

@micah and Steven - I completely agree with both of you guys. It's really unfortunate that STS didn't know what was coming to them when putting the time into this game. I wish they would stop focusing on creating new campaigns and focus on new things...

Honestly, aside from just PvP, I wish they could make new things. People put really cool suggestions up for feedback, and I hate the typical excuse, "STS doesn't have enough 'space' for it." I honestly think that's a conspiracy - this goes along with STS always reusing the same junk items. Ah man, I could go so much further into my thoughts about junk items (useless space). We're talking about incredible technology, there's always room for more content and new things... technology is growing at an extremely fast rate.

In a way, it sounds as if I'm criticizing STS of being lazy. Of course they're not lazy - they're great people. It's definitely fair to say that they aren't handling the obstacles that are in their way properly. They didn't expect what was ahead of them, and if that's so, I sure wouldn't expect them to be able to handle a bunch of whining players like us. Let's be honest - at this point, we've given plenty of feedback, and I feel as if we're complaining. I think STS is aware of what's going on, but have yet to do anything about it.

They really say they don't have enough space? Lol....the server they use is what developers use to make Xbox games ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rushorgtfo View Post
    They really say they don't have enough space? Lol....the server they use is what developers use to make Xbox games ...
    That's what they used to say from back then... I could be wrong, but you'd think if they did have a ton of space, they'd be making new types of gear, types of PvP, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Lol, it's not all about sts's server or their capabilities but player's devices are also an limitation, this meant to be basically a phone or touch pad device game even many rich players play the game through high end device, there are great number of players who can not do it, this is an internation game also which implies that, after all everyone is not from well developed country like U.S.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    Lol, it's not all about sts's server or their capabilities but player's devices are also an limitation, this meant to be basically a phone or touch pad device game even many rich players play the game through high end device, there are great number of players who can not do it, this is an internation game also which implies that, after all everyone is not from well developed country like U.S.

Sts kinda already cut out most devices not to long ago anyways. This might've been a valid point 5 months ago. But it's not now. Sorry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rushorgtfo View Post
    Sts kinda already cut out most devices not to long ago anyways. This might've been a valid point 5 months ago. But it's not now. Sorry.
    Actually, he has a very valid reason.

However, when I can play games like Six Guns, Order and Chaos, N.O.V.A 3, Modern Combat 4, their excuses do tend to look a bit...well, like excuses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Actually, he has a very valid reason.

However, when I can play games like Six Guns, Order and Chaos, N.O.V.A 3, Modern Combat 4, their excuses do tend to look a bit...well, like excuses.
    Order and Chaos gave it away for me.