Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP Feedback Thread: Capture the Flag

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rasittt View Post
    we need to see the hp of our opponents so we don't just spam skills randomly on whoever is there..could be a mini red bar on top of their heads..
    also we should have something similar to party chat..reds can only hear reds, blues can only hear blues..this would be a good way to communicate with each other..
    winning the game should bring in better stuff than just achievements, other wise what's the point of the pvp? i dont really care if i have 1000 kills and 0 deaths as long as there's nothing that it offers other than bunch of numbers..
    Personally, i think if we can see the hp of our opponents, there will be a lot of ks aka kill-steals going on.
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuRfY View Post
    Personally, i think if we can see the hp of our opponents, there will be a lot of ks aka kill-steals going on.
    Unfortunately there already is
    Destructible - Level 21 Warrior

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Destructible View Post
    Unfortunately there already is
    what i meant is MORE. LOL.
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Luvaria

Default Pet Glitch

Well, here's a screenshot of someone with their Wrathjaw pet in CTF.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I just gotta say I adore those green speedy-uppy things. Talk about fun! I want a pack full of those to carry around in the main game too!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

great job for the CTF. more balancing need b done. mages r far under powered by many ways. worriors health r too much.

5 worriors r in one group and constantly through shiield on each other. there is no way to kill them.

rogue dmg is too high. the arrow shot distance is far too long. one charged shot plus the poison shot . u will b killed not even get near the rogue.

Mages stune need b charged . because rogues shot skill distance is far longer than mages. the mage will b killed whithout a chance to through the fireball. and also because the low health of mage. they dont have time to charge the skills in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Dev Team, can we choose the winning based option like "no of kill" instead of "capture of flag". With that ppl will need to do more team work now. If not ppl are running all over n get killed for flag instead of team work. And, no of kill will determining the winning n they will think twice before running out like a hero. Plus, we hope to see some reward after win match to make it more rewarding n challenging.. like pvp token to exchange stuff or some gold...we make us keep playing all day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dev Team, i thought we should be able to party team with friends n join in as a blue or red team. right now. i'm not able to play with my guildmates or friends.. hope u guys can think on that n make it possible soon.. tks

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by warbluefish:934153
    great job for the CTF. more balancing need b done. mages r far under powered by many ways. worriors health r too much.

5 worriors r in one group and constantly through shiield on each other. there is no way to kill them.

rogue dmg is too high. the arrow shot distance is far too long. one charged shot plus the poison shot . u will b killed not even get near the rogue.

Mages stune need b charged . because rogues shot skill distance is far longer than mages. the mage will b killed whithout a chance to through the fireball. and also because the low health of mage. they dont have time to charge the skills in pvp.
    Are you sure about that? In pve my mage has more range than rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I believe there's enough calls for rogues and warriors to be nerf already, thus I will just focus on sorc improvements.

In my opinion, We will be able to stand our ground if our mage skills are improved. So far only fireball seems to be effective in pvp with it's knockout. But skills like frostbolt does not freeze anyone, lighting need chance to stun and etc.

Our major skills
    Fireball - need to be charged in order to knock down opponents and debuff them with -25 hit chance.
    Frostbolt - need to be charged for a chance to freeze opponents.
    Lightning - need to be charged for a chance to stun opponents.
    Gale - need to be charged to give us a dodge and spd buff.

We are squishy, mages are never meant for tanking in most mmorpg games, thus we are dependant on stuns and high spell damages which are both non-existent in AL for us. Unlike the warriors and rogues classes who dun need to charge their skills but just spam the attack button like mad, we are at a very severe disadvantage since we can't melee these 2 classes and we dun have the skills to put distance between us and them...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Mages arent under powered. your fireball skill stun last long enough for you to kill a rogue before it wears off and your heal ability is better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nicoB View Post
    Mages arent under powered. your fireball skill stun last long enough for you to kill a rogue before it wears off and your heal ability is better
    It actually is pretty balanced already the two powers that are not fair are:
    Fireball for Mage: stun is a bit too long.
    Warrior horn with shield. Warriors stacking on each other is no fun.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuRfY View Post
    that's the nature of pvp, happens in all pvp games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First off rogues crits are way overpowered 1 take to 2 shots kills. A warrior with max def and health can be almost impossible to kill especially with shield buff. Mages is under powered fireball stun is the only thing that keeps them alive but you have to charge. And the rest of the spells seem to have no effect. Except for slow time but the root effect doesn't work.

To get more people to want to pvp it would be nice to see some kind of reward system for the winning team. Like special coins given to buy upgraded special armor and weapons for participating in pvp. Or to buy special pets that can be used in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

I don't like how the flag deals damage, it makes it less convincing to play an objective based game. I only focus on killing for this reason solely
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love the Capture the Flag, but I agree with others that there needs to be a reward system for winning. It is nice to win, but a reward would be even more incentive to go play! I also think that there should be a way to play where it's more balanced between characters. I have the best armor I have been able to buy (using platinum), but some still seem to take me down with one hit. No way to balance this out?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    I don't like how the flag deals damage, it makes it less convincing to play an objective based game. I only focus on killing for this reason solely
    i actually like how it deals damage and slows us down, i like a chalenge. and this comming from a rogue with 50 captures.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxangel View Post
    To get more people to want to pvp it would be nice to see some kind of reward system for the winning team. Like special coins given to buy upgraded special armor and weapons for participating in pvp. Or to buy special pets that can be used in pvp.
    yes a reward system that went to the wining team would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by U.Haunt.My.Heart View Post
    I love the Capture the Flag, but I agree with others that there needs to be a reward system for winning. It is nice to win, but a reward would be even more incentive to go play! I also think that there should be a way to play where it's more balanced between characters. I have the best armor I have been able to buy (using platinum), but some still seem to take me down with one hit. No way to balance this out?
    yep reward system would be awesome. alot of rogues are running with max equipment also.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

the capture the flag is ok at best the fact that your actual stats n skills do not truly do as they say in this mode is a little bit of a down fall.
    i know stats are not true to form because I've seen 1 hit kills even though the chars will obviously have more than the not even 300 dmg max even the 600 or so they would do with a critical hit and that's not even bringing the defense of the char which would make this even more impossible.
    other then this problem i see the ctf is great, but as others have said a reward system for ctf would a plus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I see a problem with rewards.

) Is it fair to reward someone for winning an unbalanced match

) How do you keep players on the losing team interested

Currently I see players all joining Blue, then waiting for the match to start. Who will join the 1 Red player if it means losing a possible reward. And once the score is clearly going one way, who will want to stay and lose, when you could join another game and win.

I want rewards though, because the biggest problem without rewards is having no downsides for people ignoring the flag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's all pretty cool so far, class imbalances aside. Although I think that the flag carrier debuff is useful, imagine trying to get it off a supported warrior who didn't have that debuff? Just a thought...

A reward system would be cool too. It stands to reason that one would come later on after more testing of PvP considering its still very new.