Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP Feedback Thread: Class Balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CosmoxKramer View Post
    reward would be great. Maybe a PVP coin system. 3 coins for winning, 1 for losing, +1 to the 3 people with the most kills (most you could get from 1 game is 4 coins, least is 1) This promotes both winning and actively engaging in combat

Coins could be used at a PVP vendor. You could have the following be purchasable with coins
    Current level gear (25-26 gear for new patch coming) -costing a fairly high coin amount, 26 gear would be extremely costly
    Pets - High cost amount
    Potion packs - moderate-high cost amount
    legacy gear (20-21, 15-16, 25-26 when lvl 31 cap comes out) - low cost
    Low quality pets - moderate cost
    anything else you can think of.....
    I think offering anything of any real value for PvP kills (rogues own) or flag captures (warriors own) would be incredibly unfair at this stage. If you're going to offer an equal rewards system for something like kills then the basis for attaining those rewards should be equal, one look at the leaderboards and this is obviously not the case. If rogues are able to mass 5k and upwards in kills over a few days of PvP I don't think it's then fair to go ahead and reward them for that because it's not expert strategy it's a class imbalance. Even when the classes are balanced I'm not sure how this would work because rogues are always going to be able to mass more kills even in a fair system. Unless you'd also want to give out PvP tokens for things like 'most amount healed' or 'most number of stuns delivered' (which a mage still wouldn't win on) then you'd be putting sorcs at yet another disadvantage.

Warriors... Been running into teams of the thugs all day and it's the least fun way to PvP, but putting that aside for a second there have been a series of encounters I've had soloing with just one warrior over and over again that have given me some more to think on (I did not once manage to take this warrior down). I've already said that mages need a damage buff and skill tweak and warriors need their skills nerfed, but someone from a few pages back also had the idea of allowing INT to bump crit chance a small amount. This might actually make a real difference, as currently I have to spec specifically for crit on the off chance that one of my lightning bolts will land with 250% dmg. This is the only way I can foresee myself being able to solo an equally equipped warrior. On the 12% chance that my attack lands a crit. Weak.

Which leads me to one last point - You've fixed the crit chance passive and pet buffs on the avatar screen, but the pet and passive dmg boosts still don't show? Just an observation, I assume they both work correctly but it's nice to be able to see it.
    WIN!? How could you possibly hope to win? You're not fighting a belief you're fighting a psychological imbalance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Colton was free for me. just do your dailies. I almost have a 2nd one now
    Here here 2 million for 50 days work? Sounds like the easy life to me. Colton is expensive for a reason, but it's not like running dailies takes more than 20 minutes out of your day. Just grind at it like the rest of us. I am precisely 5 tokens away.
    WIN!? How could you possibly hope to win? You're not fighting a belief you're fighting a psychological imbalance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Colton was free for me. just do your dailies. I almost have a 2nd one now
    Quote Originally Posted by Tribalware View Post
    Here here 2 million for 50 days work? Sounds like the easy life to me. Colton is expensive for a reason, but it's not like running dailies takes more than 20 minutes out of your day. Just grind at it like the rest of us. I am precisely 5 tokens away.
    I got only 66 token

only can get 4 token a day, and it is long.. moreover, mage is not my main class, but a class to build and justify what public think that mage is UP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Friufi View Post
    Hey Devs,

I have played a lot of PvP; won some, lost some, but none more frustrating than dying in a stun lock caused by a rogue. Its like "death is inevitable", you can't fight back, just accept it.

Warriors could never have 100% stun. Not even from a charged Skyward Smash. Even the so-called strongest warrior skill i.e. Windmill, has no stun, and has too long cooldown (10 secs). However, rogue's skills mostly costs 2 secs cooldown. No wonder they can easily spam their skills to get confirmed stun effects.

This stun lock and high DPS is the reason PvP is so unbalanced in favour of Rogues. Rogues only require a few seconds to kill off a well armored warrior. The stun ensures the warrior have no chance of fighting back, and the usual death animation I get after being killed by a rogue is a still-standing Warrior (proof that my warrior died while being stunned). Also, due to the fact that la warrior's attack skills has longer cooldown times (see above) as compared to a rogue's attack skills, it's plainly "Game Over".

Rogues virtually occupy all the space in the PvP leaderboards. Isn't that definite proof that PvP favours rogues?

NOTE: I was told by Rogue users that the stun effect is from a Bow. Seems that only this weapon has stun effects. Really nice, devs. Why can't other classes have weapons with stun effects too?

NOTE2: I don't really mind stun effects from mages. After all, everyone acknowledges that they are underpowered in PvP, and I guess mages having stun effects kinda balances the odds somewhat in their favour.
    This is so wrong. Stun come from normal charged attack bow swords or any other weapon. Warriors stunts and slow downs r very effective no chance to escape. If u take away stun from normal attack rouge will have a big problem to encounter a warrior + their insane healing and buffing capabilities. See warrior section u can find there many useful tips for ur warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

If rewards are going to be given out for PVP team games, they need to be based solely on wins and losses. For 1v1, you should be able to bet items or cash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tribalware View Post
    Sensible dialogue, (I'm not sure why a couple of people keep trying to invalidate the usefulness of this thread at all, seems to me there's a lot of really good points being made). As patrick (who is most likely not at the top of the CTF kills leaderboard because he plays a mage... Erdnase) has pointed out the main problem doesn't even have to be rogues being OP, it's more about the skills than the stats and our skills took a serious nerfing for PvP to the point where you're left with skill points hanging around spare after a lvl 21 build becuase the majority of skill perks are ineffective (see ALL the frost skills for example).

We're forced to spec for shield which is something we shouldn't really have to do, it should be an option for those looking to last a little longer but not a straight up necessity, but it's cool we'll bite that bullet, but as patrick points out we are then forced to spec for heal too. So think about it, as a damage dealing class (see page 7, previous posts, etc etc. we are NOT a support class) we've spent 2 of our 4 skills just on spells that help us survive more than a few seconds that don't even really benefit anyone else, leaving us severely reduced in our capacity to sling proper spells.

I tried the above build for a while but got sick and tired of lacking that extra damage spell, so now I'm back to fire, lightning, frost (which is in a shameful state (ADD A SLOW, IT'S A FREAKING ICE SPELL), and shield. Sod the health I don't make it out alive all that much anyway and besides a warrior does a better job of patching me up than I could. So I'm running around the map, trying to stay at the back of the lines, charging fireball hurling uncharged lightning and frost and then charging fireball again. At 276 dps I should be a slaughterhouse, I'm not. Some sensible ideas I've heard so far that don't involve fundamental changes to stats:

- Allow us our brief period of invulnerability on an uncharged shield, at the pace rogues work at we're just not left with the time to position those 2 seconds effectively when the shield has to be charged.
    - Frost: Just... I mean come on guys for the love of christ make it do something. I'm reduced to using it but bitterly, only chance I have at outlasting a rogue (and up against a decent rogue it doesn't happen often) is to put them down with a charged fireball, power up an uncharged shield and then lay uncharged lightning and frost into them before they recover from the stun. But this is NOT enough to kill a rogue who is my equal, so I have to pray they are out of mana or feeling a little lazy so i can wait for my lightning to cooldown. That last lightning usually does it.
    - Clock: Yeah I messed around with clock too, to be honest its useless considering how long fights last and that you have to be at the centre of all the chaos to drop it properly. But considering how hard it is to use effectively it could do a bit more damage/have a better slow effect/cause damage over time without having been charged first. Something, anything to make it a viable skill. As it stands I throw it into the 'completely redundant' pile alongside curse, gale and frost.

Whereas once again warriors... You guys DO need a nerf, I agree with patrick in that rogues need not necessarily be OP, I'd like to see their range reduced with bows but still when it comes to rogue vs. mage it feels more like we're underpowered rather than them being overpowered. Warriors on the other hand, you guys are just tripping out hard...

Putting aside your core stats for a moment, the fact that you have too much hp and do too much damage:
    - Sky smash: it's a closing move, incredibly powerful as it is allowing you to effectively teleport to within range of a sorc AND deal damage. (and keeping our distance is quite literally our most powerful weapon at the moment). so why on gods green earth does it also deliver an incredibly effective stun.
    - HP buff: Others have already put it better than me, but does it seem at all right that warriors get better support skills than the support class does? Perhaps we'd be more useful in PvP if warriors needed us to heal their HP and rogues needed us to replenish their mana, i'd love to fill a support role in that capacity. But as it stands warriors don't need us for anything.
    - Bow range... with SWORDS: So you can outrange me now too you say? well that makes about as much sense as the class with an insane HP advantage also having an insane heal skill.

Our sorc skills need an overhaul, half of them are redundant inherently (see curse, clock) and the other half you guys at sts went and gutted pre PvP. That's right, to anyone blowing their horn about mages this and mages that, we actually took a nerf specifically for PvP. I'm not saying I expect to see a patch that leads to mages appearing on the leaderboards. Rogues are assassins, you guys were always going to be the best at collecting kills, but theres something very very wrong with it all at the moment and it kinda sucks the fun out of playing from time to time.

I have specced, geared and strategised my balls off, and will curse the next person to say 'you guys aren't underpowered, you're just bad players'. I wouldnt worry though, curse doesn't work worth sh*t anyhow
    Omg this is super true, I can't agree more, a very constructive opinion. Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

reward would be great. Maybe a PVP coin system. 3 coins for winning, 1 for losing, +1 to the 3 people with the most kills (most you could get from 1 game is 4 coins, least is 1) This promotes both winning and actively engaging in combat

Coins could be used at a PVP vendor. You could have the following be purchasable with coins
    Current level gear (25-26 gear for new patch coming) -costing a fairly high coin amount, 26 gear would be extremely costly
    Pets - High cost amount
    Potion packs - moderate-high cost amount
    legacy gear (20-21, 15-16, 25-26 when lvl 31 cap comes out) - low cost
    Low quality pets - moderate cost
    anything else you can think of.....
    Sorry but I can't agree, this makes PvP extremely unfair. Reward coins should be used to buy pet (just like in hountlet) or to buy a kind of chest (5 for copper, 10 for silver or 15 for golden, may be...) and these chest should be able to give some good items, equal or better than elite banded chests (don't put item like in locked chests, then it will not be a motivation to PvP anymore).
    And reward system should be fair, shouldn't reward by kills (in that case everyone will play rogue) but reward by winning (motivation for group work) and also need a punishment (-1 coin) for each time they quit. It's obviously very annoying for other team members to see 1 member quit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I'm in. i couldnt quote because I'm currently using my phone and the video is messing up the mobile foemat. but mi ign is chesher. add me and lets rumble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Funny how PVP in Diablo 3 went out for BETA test 1-2 weeks ago, and they have similar class balance, high damage, long stun problems like AL.
    First 2.5 minutes pretty much sounds just like someone critiquing AL PVP if you just substitute class names etc.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=zsp5oIC9380

i think Lowering damage done in pvp could help with strategy more. as is, if you are anything besides a warrior, if you get stunned, you are as good as dead. I just thought it was funny while watching the first few minutes of this video how much it sounded like this forum topic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A lvl 4 can not join a lvl 1, but a lvl 12 can play with a lvl 2???? Being this is AL, i think the stats a pet provides should still transfer to pvp since those pet stats are a major factor on how a player builds themself. And which the new update, whats the possiblitity for free respects since pvp has changed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Friufi View Post
    Hey Devs,

I have played a lot of PvP; won some, lost some, but none more frustrating than dying in a stun lock caused by a rogue. Its like "death is inevitable", you can't fight back, just accept it.

Warriors could never have 100% stun. Not even from a charged Skyward Smash. Even the so-called strongest warrior skill i.e. Windmill, has no stun, and has too long cooldown (10 secs). However, rogue's skills mostly costs 2 secs cooldown. No wonder they can easily spam their skills to get confirmed stun effects.

This stun lock and high DPS is the reason PvP is so unbalanced in favour of Rogues. Rogues only require a few seconds to kill off a well armored warrior. The stun ensures the warrior have no chance of fighting back, and the usual death animation I get after being killed by a rogue is a still-standing Warrior (proof that my warrior died while being stunned). Also, due to the fact that la warrior's attack skills has longer cooldown times (see above) as compared to a rogue's attack skills, it's plainly "Game Over".

Rogues virtually occupy all the space in the PvP leaderboards. Isn't that definite proof that PvP favours rogues?

NOTE: I was told by Rogue users that the stun effect is from a Bow. Seems that only this weapon has stun effects. Really nice, devs. Why can't other classes have weapons with stun effects too?

NOTE2: I don't really mind stun effects from mages. After all, everyone acknowledges that they are underpowered in PvP, and I guess mages having stun effects kinda balances the odds somewhat in their favour.
    All charged normal/main attaks have a stun affect. warriors dominate the flags. captured lb. And some warrior armor debuffs stuns. i think its jugernaught armor right? i believe this may be true since of tried to stun a few warriors and they continued to chase me with the stars over there heads. wareiors have the best heals. just heal yourself with the horn or vengfull blood. thats wat most warriors do

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by currycrab View Post
    One more thing that i notice, Colton is extremely expensive.

2mil - 3mil for 1 "equipment", is that worth that price? And this is a "must-have" pet for Mage. Is there a way that can sink the price down?

Since Mage have low critical, their damage base must be HIGH. This pet will boost it
    Colton takes 50 days to get lol the price isnt going to drop. there are other good pets for mages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I'm sure a lot of people have done stat respecs since CTF/PVP came out. It would be helpful if:
    - We can see base stats when adding passives as it will help determine where to invest points
    - The ability to add/subtract points in the skills/passives section (like in base stats)
    - The ability to go back to stat points when choosing skills/passives and vice/versa, e.g. only have one submit for both
    - Suggestion to spilt plat cost for stat and skill, e.g. 3 plat for changing base stat, 3 plat for changing skills/passive, 5 plat for both?
    - Also maybe an option to hide base stats (like in PL, I know some people don't like to share their build) but viewable when you look at yourself :P
    Rasi: Grumpy old arcane mage (AL)
    Haowesie: Confused & oblivious bird (PL)
    Aestrella: Sexy insecure mage wannabe (PL)
    Drearasy: Crazy-eyed dex-bear (PL)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Haowesie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Warriors OP... well not really, they just have ridiculous range!
    Last edited by nicoB; 01-23-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Pvp is a FAIL!

Warriors are invincible
    Rouges does to much damage
    Mages sucks

FAIL!!
    RESET PVP STATS AFTER U FIX THE BALANCE OF THIS CRAP GAME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ikavli View Post
    Pvp is a FAIL!

Warriors are invincible
    Rouges does to much damage
    Mages sucks

FAIL!!
    RESET PVP STATS AFTER U FIX THE BALANCE OF THIS CRAP GAME
    Reset pvp stats!? are you crazy?!?! do do you know how much time and hard work so many peeople put into getting there achievments and stats?! Resets stats? no way. leaderboard? maybe

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i wont play pvp anymore until they balance they field eqaul to all players ... get slaughtered time after time with 1 hit is so much FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Apologies if this turns out to be in the wrong thread, I'm a creature of habit. But a couple of points (besides the 50 or so I've already made):

1) How about team only chat in PvP? I assume it's something you plan to add in right, I mean it's a little hard to coordinate (and it's not like us mages can solo) when everything you say gets broadcast to the other team. "Meet at the flag and we'll mob out from there, but don't tell the other team in case... Damn"

2) I'm glad you made a decision on the pet thing, I'm all for a fair playing field. But people's pets are a core part of their build, why not let them keep their passive bonuses in PvP? We work really hard to farm the pets we need and my latest respec revolved entirely around the bonuses my pet afforded. I'm exactly 5 tokens away from my colton and after 50 odd days of work you're telling me I'm not allowed to use his buffs in PvP? Just seems to me that pets are no different from gear really, and you're not making everyone fight naked so why force them to leave behind their long sought after companions. I don't think pets should be able to attack or anything, but the buffs they offer are an absolutely essential component of any build that adds a great deal of diversity to an otherwise fairly simple build dynamic.

I'll now have to respec back out of my new build (I pumped passive crit chance, traded fireballs DoT for lightnings 250% crit dmg perk and switched from wrath to malison for that extra 5% crit bump, because honestly how else am I going to make a kill against a warrior). Current plat spent on PvP respecs - 55, you must be loving this STS, you absolute bast...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

People keep complaining that sorcs are too weak. I would say that all sorcs will spec fire, and in that case they are good ranged aoe damage. A sorcs dps will probly be pretty high against a mob of 3+. And thats ranged. In a safe zone where he should be. If a warr comes after him then he needs to have specd right or die. A warr cant ranged aoe like a mage. If a mage could reliably deal with a warrior coming at him and still ranged aoe like they do then they are op. And frankly, i dont think twice about going after a warr thats by himself. Bottom line sorcs are not really as weak as some people are making them out to be. They maybe just haven't fully realized their strengths and/or realized that you can't just make sorcs, or any class, strong in every situation and still have balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by linuxjedi View Post
    People keep complaining that sorcs are too weak. I would say that all sorcs will spec fire, and in that case they are good ranged aoe damage. A sorcs dps will probly be pretty high against a mob of 3+. And thats ranged. In a safe zone where he should be. If a warr comes after him then he needs to have specd right or die. A warr cant ranged aoe like a mage. If a mage could reliably deal with a warrior coming at him and still ranged aoe like they do then they are op. And frankly, i dont think twice about going after a warr thats by himself. Bottom line sorcs are not really as weak as some people are making them out to be. They maybe just haven't fully realized their strengths and/or realized that you can't just make sorcs, or any class, strong in every situation and still have balance.
    Sorry... I just couldn't leave this one alone. I'm going to have to break your post down into a few of it's core points to really make fun of it effectively:

- A sorcs dps will probly be pretty high against a mob of 3+. And thats ranged. In a safe zone where he should be: Everything is ranged dude, warriors standard attacks do bow range damage, there is no 'safe zone' especially against a mob of 3.
    - If a warr comes after him then he needs to have specd right or die: Noooope, actually, if a warrior comes after you then you need to hope to god you've got a fireball charged or a friendly coming up behind you, preferably both, so that you can run like hell. Once again - our one stun skill (fireball) stops looking so impressive when compared to skyward smash which has the same range and is a closing move that also deals a stun.
    - A warr cant ranged aoe like a mage.: Actually he can do better, he can reel a mage in like a little fishy or land on his head with a damaging stun and then commence to deal a powerful AoE damage spell, easily charged by the time his stun has worn off
    - i dont think twice about going after a warr thats by himself: So you're another one of these mages who chase fearful warriors all over the map? I'm tired of being nice about this one, you're either straight up lying or you're pvping at levels 6 through 16 or something. This does not happen, a warrior sees a mage by themselves in PvP and rubs his hands together with glee, easy kill.
    - They maybe just haven't fully realized their strengths: Deep, long, unhappy sigh. Refer to page 7 for my plea from the mages to stop insulting our intelligence, we have fully realised our strengths and I mean FULLY. We've worked so hard with what we've got, making the tiniest changes squeezing the smallest percentages more out of our builds and gear and we know how to stand back behind a line of fighting and sling spells.

In conclusion - have you checked the new leaderboards recently?
    Last edited by Tribalware; 01-23-2013 at 06:24 PM.