Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official PvP Feedback Thread: Class Balance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Hmmmmm... This is still in beta #2 basically. I think I will just wait to make my opinions.

Also forall the people ranting and flaming...... There is no need. What did you think? That it would be balanced over night?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

There is no point in debating this anymore. The results are in. Just take a look at the leaderboards and you can see who is OP and who is not. Here are the current results:

** 24 of the top 25 ranked players for PvP are rogues

** There is 1 warrior on the list, and he is ranked #24

** There are NO sorcerers on the list.

If PvP was well balanced, then a third of the top ranked players would be rogues, a third would be warriors, and a third would be sorcerers. Obviously this is NOT the case. STS needs to make adjustments.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

for some reason. when i play pvp today. first of all im a sorc. i put my shield on and arogue stuned me all the way when my shield is off. and killed me with one shot. how that happened? im fully geared. demonlord security set. max out on int.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Playing as a rogue I've got the conclusion that a bauble doesn't safe from beeing stunned. So don't feel too sure with that shield thingy.

Anyway, as mentioned above, we should wait for another update before debating about things said a hundred times before.
    AL IGN: Zerbrechlich (Rogue); Arsies (Warrior); Wayfearer (Blue Blop)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arsies View Post
    Playing as a rogue I've got the conclusion that a bauble doesn't safe from beeing stunned. So don't feel too sure with that shield thingy.

Anyway, as mentioned above, we should wait for another update before debating about things said a hundred times before.
    shields doesnt protect against stuns too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by linuxjedi:940194
    Quote Originally Posted by WarTornBird View Post
    I don't even play AL. But im feeling you're thinking WAY to hard about this.
    You don't play, but you're reading page 20 of this thread and trolling someone who does? You may need professional help.
    Actually. I just read the last 2 pages. Try again my friend. If you think im "trolling", no. Im simply making a statement. And as for the professional help, really dude? Grow up. You don't even know me. But anywho, im over it. Adios.

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

yeah, guys... we've got people discussing orcs and a warriors hypothetical workout regime. this is not constructive.

- just to reiterate, mages are not a support class. we are damage dealers who are forced to spec only 2 damage spells just to survive.
    - warriors are an incredibly effective support class, they are also incredibly effective tanks/flag carriers/stun artists/aoe damage dealers (I'm not sure what that stupid argument over their whirlwind attack not counting as ranged was about, 6m of swirling death feels ranged enough to me, especially when delivered after a warrior has landed on your head. the argument that its fair because our fireball has a bit more range is kind of redundant considering the warriors set of closing moves)

we (mages) DO NOT WANT a hp buff or an armor buff, we want a damage buff and a skill tweak if not a complete overhaul.
    WIN!? How could you possibly hope to win? You're not fighting a belief you're fighting a psychological imbalance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

I took my rogue in after the update yesterday where they disabled pets. I tried every gear combo I could come up with. 250 dps vs. lower dps with higher health and armor rating, higher crit %... a bunch of variations. After playing with several different teams, I had to give up and switch to my warrior because I couldn't stay alive for more than 90 seconds in a row. This was not my idea of a good time.

Now this was not due to lack of ability, gear or the like. I would get stunned by a mage from around a corner, or a warrior's smash, and before I even recovered, I was in the red. Once a rogue is seeing red in there, they are as good as dead, and frequently I never even got a single shot off before I died.

I think the biggest issue overall is not actually that anyone is too strong, but that they are being killed too fast. This could well be because the health (hp) of the mages and rogues is drastically reduced without the pet buffs. Hopefully STS will be implementing pets in there soon, because I think it would help balance things out, at least survival-wise.
    Last edited by Serancha; 01-24-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tribalware View Post
    yeah, guys... we've got people discussing orcs and a warriors hypothetical workout regime. this is not constructive.

- just to reiterate, mages are not a support class. we are damage dealers who are forced to spec only 2 damage spells just to survive.
    - warriors are an incredibly effective support class, they are also incredibly effective tanks/flag carriers/stun artists/aoe damage dealers (I'm not sure what that stupid argument over their whirlwind attack not counting as ranged was about, 6m of swirling death feels ranged enough to me, especially when delivered after a warrior has landed on your head. the argument that its fair because our fireball has a bit more range is kind of redundant considering the warriors set of closing moves)

we (mages) DO NOT WANT a hp buff or an armor buff, we want a damage buff and a skill tweak if not a complete overhaul.
    i would say this build will rule the game if pet is allow

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...php?83869-Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Without pets the classes are no longer balanced I hate to say it.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

we (mages) DO NOT WANT ANYTHING, our class is strong enough and a skill tweak is a complete overhaul.
    Signed.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I feel very comfortable without pets as everyone gots weaker and rogue still has the same amount of damage output as before.
    Last edited by Arsies; 01-24-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I took my rogue in after the update yesterday where they disabled pets. I tried every gear combo I could come up with. 250 dps vs. lower dps with higher health and armor rating, higher crit %... a bunch of variations. After playing with several different teams, I had to give up and switch to my warrior because I couldn't stay alive for more than 90 seconds in a row. This was not my idea of a good time.

Now this was not due to lack of ability, gear or the like. I would get stunned by a mage from around a corner, or a warrior's smash, and before I even recovered, I was in the red. Once a rogue is seeing red in there, they are as good as dead, and frequently I never even got a single shot off before I died.

I think the biggest issue overall is not actually that anyone is too strong, but that they are being killed too fast. This could well be because the health (hp) of the mages and rogues is drastically reduced without the pet buffs. Hopefully STS will be implementing pets in there soon, because I think it would help balance things out, at least survival-wise.
    Experienced same thing with my rouge. Stun with fireball and im in red no chance to fire aim bc it came through corner. even when i shot aim it went to i dont know where..to some bug on wall maybe..but definetly not to opponent i was encountering. Wariors just stuned me with that big sword in quite a range i was thinking im safe... Agree also the fights r too short who first shots he usualy win and with stun thers no fight at all

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arsies View Post
    Signed.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I feel very comfortable without pets as everyone gots weaker and rogue still has the same amount of damage output as before.
    Couldn't resist what? Pointlessly mis-quoting me? Why you would even feel compelled to do it puzzles me you don't even seem to be making any particular argument with your misinformation. A skill tweak is not a skill overhaul, a skill tweak would be giving our frost skill a proper slow and our lightning it's stun effect. A skill overhaul would be ditching curse and clock entirely and replacing them with something a player might actually want to use. You know, perhaps some support skills.

And as for Vystrich - the classes were NEVER balanced dude. They really never were.
    WIN!? How could you possibly hope to win? You're not fighting a belief you're fighting a psychological imbalance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

a skill tweak would be giving our frost skill a proper slow and our lightning it's stun effect.
    But frost boolt realy freeze i looked a snowmen last time and lighning stunts dealing nice dmg. Experienced it myself...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Even if they aren't played as a support class, sorc inflict aoe damage and thus should be played as part of a team. You can't expect to be effective at 1v1 when your damage skills are aoe. And idk what all this crap about sorc not being able to support is. I'll take a sorc over a tank any day at jarl simply because of that health/mana healing skill and the stuns they have. I will say that warriors do need less team buffs and more self buffs. And sorc could use an upgrade on some of their support skills. But as a rogue, during team play the sorc support skills are a godsend because we have the least health and mana of any class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Excuse me Tribal, it was a bad joke.

Btt:

Even if there's a small imbalance between different classes there's definitely an up- and downside for each of them.

To know how to use the ups and to avoid the downs (as long as possible) needs practice, a lot of experience and skill.

I would really like to play with you at least 1 PvP match to see how you are playing. You have a loud omnipresent voice in this thread depending your opinion from first post on. There is a bunch of good players who know how to handle different situations, using all those small tricks & tactics beside simply mashing buttons. Never heard those complaining about anything.

Take it as it is right now and if you're not satisfied with the current balance just stop complaining about / playing pvp until there's the update that is fixing all your names issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A little rant from me.

I notice that by charging a normal skill will give stun. The ability is okay. But during the stun, if it is sorc (arcane shield) or warrior (horn of review) ability are removed too.

I refer to the 2 second of no damage..

Please correct me if i see it wrongly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

im a lvl21 mage, and i understand that we're a support class. the only times i can get 10+ kills is when i see a big group fighting and i spam AoE skills which is what we're made for. i get that we're not supposed to wild west the map. BUT we're made for stuns/slows/knock backs and the only effective thing we have is fireball. rogues dont need nerfed, high dmg 1v1 is what they're made for. mages just need an overhall on their stuns and freezes, i wouldnt mind running into a rogue if my frost bolt would slow them down or an uncharged wind knocked them back effectively. warriors really need a looking at though devs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vystirch View Post
    Without pets the classes are no longer balanced I hate to say it.....
    Agree 200%.

Warriors are now too OP.

Now we can't crit them high with a good pet like horton, and get closer to killing them and they just stun us, then they attack us ( MORE ANNOYING IS THAT THEIR DAMAGE IS VERY VERY HIGH FROM WHAT IT SHOULD BE WITH ALL THOSE STUNS, HEALS AND HIGH HEALTH), and when we attack them they just heal themselves back to full health and that super annoying green protection balls really makes it worse.

We don't have stuns like mages and warriors, except just the trap. Which everyone doesnt find good enough.

The razor shield, which has stun removing upgrade either is bugged or something else intentional change, but I still get slowed and stunned with it.

Biggest problem is pur heal, its so crap.
    Warriors can heal and protect themselves for 2-3 seconds but we have to charge our heal for it to THROW (AND NOT INSTANTLY HEAL US) 3 HEALTH PACKS (which dont even heal us to 100%) and THEN THE BIGGEST PROBLEM, WE HAVE TO RUN AND COLLECT OUR HEALTH PACKS BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES, MOST TIME WE CANT COLLECT THEM CAUSE WE ARE STUNNED (90% OF TIME). THESE HEALTH PACKS ARE 'AFTER BATTLE' HEALTH PACKS. USELESS.

Rogues vs rogues is also so inbalanced.
    It all depends on 1 HIT, MANY PEOPLE HAVE OPTIC FIBER CONNECTIONS IN DEVELOPED COUNTRIES. Many of us dont have those and our ping and speeds are way ridiculous than others, if its all about 1 Hit then these ppl with better ping win cause their hit is registered earlier than us. Its so ridiculous.

Mages also play with us like a toy, they stun us, attack us, then put that purple sheild thing which is just.......so highly annoying. Literally mages are playing with us. One lvl 20 mage was playing with me for 1-2 minutes, he stunned me and just stood there and as soon as my character came back to senses he would stun again. It was so sad and was pathetic to see my char being played with like that.

If u r a rogue then only thing left to compete about is deaths, who has lower among all rogues.....huh.

Game never had such wrong balance till date.

So annoyed right now.
    Last edited by Catwomann; 01-24-2013 at 02:14 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Catwomann For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Friufi View Post
    All charged attacks have 100% stun? I don't think so. Its only a chance of stun, not a confirmed stun. Since I'm using a warrior, I can only speak for a warrior build: For Skyward Smash, its 25% chance of a stun. It does exactly what is says on the tin. Its the same for the Axe Throw skill too. Alas, no stun chance for Windmill and Chest Splitter, but CS has a 20% chance to disorientate the enemy hit. Not sure is that is considered a stun hit too.

A warrior's charged attacks could never get 100% stun i.e. confirmed stun for every charged attacked. But a rogue armed with the Watchman Bow could get 100% chance of stun for charged attacks. Not forgetting that rogue skills have very low cooldown times.

In short, rogues can pull off a lot of charged skill attacks in rapid succession more than any other class, and with the Watchman Bow, it'll be a confirmed 100% stun hit. That, my friend, is the killer, and is the only beef I have in regards to PvP.

NOTE: Yeah its true rogues run out of mana very quickly, and become vulnerable until they replenish it. But there'll be no one to pick them off, because either their opponents are dead, or are stunned to attack back.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    I was talking about charged main attavks as in charginf your weapon. rogues dont have any kind of stun skill what so ever. rogues just have charged weapon attack