Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It not that warriors don't tank its that they can't

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by X29798 View Post
    Its about getting aggro and keeping it, chest splitter itself is weak in terms of spec and overall usefulness. Since it doesn't work with most bosses and has limited range for mobs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    The cooldown time is very low... so keep using it. I'm not sure what's weak about it. It takes aggro. LIke I said, slice it how you want. I haven't had problems with it (then again... I'm only speaking for experience prior to this campaign). Sure with the occasional maxed rogue that really knows how to dish it out it can be tough. But honestly, there are very few relatively speaking.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

It say in the official in game tips 'warrior go first to distract mobs' they need to add, Rogues and Mage must wait and allow warriors to attack and get aggression, then attack.

It shouldn't even be an issue to be honest. Unless they had a 5 minute head start, there's no reason our skills shouldn't work as intended. Picking up aggro and maintaining it, protecting the party. The devs need to tweak our taunt skills because they are sub par at the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    The cooldown time is very low... so keep using it. I'm not sure what's weak about it. It takes aggro. LIke I said, slice it how you want. I haven't had problems with it (then again... I'm only speaking for experience prior to this campaign). Sure with the occasional maxed rogue that really knows how to dish it out it can be tough. But honestly, there are very few relatively speaking.
    The skill is attack based not something a warrior needs, fast cool down drains mana. Warriors already have low mana. VB is not a skill for tanking at all, nothing about the skill says anything about taunting or getting aggro. You won't get much aggro from mobs with it.

Last edited by X29798; 02-26-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

The skill is attack based not something a warrior needs, fast cool down drains mana. Warriors already have low mana. VB is not a skill for tanking at all, nothing about the skill says anything about taunting or getting aggro. You won't get much aggro from mobs with it.

I have never run out of mana. On the rare occasion that I get a little low, I do have mana pots I can use Attack skills (I only use chest splitter) and crit helps you take aggro (ala vorpal). I never said anything about vengeful blood. was that meant for me?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    It shouldn't even be an issue to be honest. Unless they had a 5 minute head start, there's no reason our skills shouldn't work as intended. Picking up aggro and maintaining it, protecting the party. The devs need to tweak our taunt skills because they are sub par at the moment.
    The easiest way to get aggro is to attack first, its worth taking advice from the people that actually make the game. Rouge and mage attack first and complain that they get aggro.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I have never run out of mana. On the rare occasion that I get a little low, I do have mana pots I can use Attack skills (I only use chest splitter) and crit helps you take aggro (ala vorpal). I never said anything about vengeful blood. was that meant for me?
    You understand were talking about end game right? Not level 21 when our skills worked. Level 26 where they didn't scale the same way rogue and mage dps did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Getting aggro from crits is questionable when comparing yours with rogues, since their crit is way above warriors and so is their damage. Are you able to stay alive the whole time in elite with a DPS proc weapon, while taking most of the damage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I agree with the tank not being able to tank. This is true for even a four taunt build. I believe an explanation on threat/taunts is needed because it doesn't seem like taunts acquire threat generation, just a momentary attention grabber.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

The easiest way to get aggro is to attack first, its worth taking advice from the people that actually make the game. Rouge and mage attack first and complain that they get aggro.

I'm not saying its bad advice. In an ideal situation dps classes would wait patiently for you to attack the boss first. How often does that really happen though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I'm not saying its bad advice. In an ideal situation dps classes would wait patiently for you to attack the boss first. How often does that really happen though.
    It has to start somewhere.

All mages and rouges can save money on potions and get faster times if they just wait a few seconds.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Getting aggro from crits is questionable when comparing yours with rogues, since their crit is way above warriors and so is their damage. Are you able to stay alive the whole time in elite with a DPS proc weapon, while taking most of the damage?

He's talking about pre expansion, which is fine but not relevant to this discussion. Read his first post again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

What we need is passives for tanks to increase threat output, and passives for rogues and sorcerers to decrease threat output.

In addition, all sword & shield sets needs to have a built in threat bonus. What's the purpose of sacrificing damage for extra armor if we dish out less threat with these, making holding aggro even harder? The best sword & shield set should dish out double the threat that the best two-hander dishes out.
    Main: Grimtank (warrior)
    Alts: Longfinger (sorcerer), Critsngiggles (rogue)

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wizard_Mike For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
    What we need is passives for tanks to increase threat output, and passives for rogues and sorcerers to decrease threat output.

In addition, all sword & shield sets needs to have a built in threat bonus. What's the purpose of sacrificing damage for extra armor if we dish out less threat with these, making holding aggro even harder? The best sword & shield set should dish out double the threat that the best two-hander dishes out.
    This.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

This is a really good idea, it could be implemented that damage from s/s combo just looks like more damage to the mob (w/o actually taking its HP down as much).

To me there are two things at play
    1) rogue/mages now have higher damage but warriors depend on taunts to keep aggro which are not more persistent or on shorter timers (so can't keep up)
    2) so to tank effectively you pretty much have to spec in a way that is useless in PvP. The taunts are obviously not useful but even chest splitter sort of sucks in PvP if you have to substitute it for skyward or windmill (not to mention axe throw).
    Picosecond(26)/Nanowire(10)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Put this in the feedback/suggestion forum, I don't know how to move it. Or start new topic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

the problem maybe is your build.

CS-windmill-juggernaut-horn

with this skills that can taunt/get aggro i dont see any problem.
    ofc no one can keep aggro 100%, but thats why you can use those skills to grab aggro.
    if you wish to make a warrior for just one skill for ultimate aggro and stands there pressing potions ... thats a borring class. lol
    Last edited by Cero; 02-26-2013 at 05:42 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cero For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Put this in the feedback/suggestion forum, I don't know how to move it. Or start new topic.
    Both of these suggestions have been mentioned in the suggestions forum already. I just don't think STS is planning on working on any new mechanics until after their first batch of expansions are finished. I think they said they were putting out an expansion every three months up to level 30/31 or 35/36 before they slow down and start working on tweaking and polishing. That's my understanding, at least.

So I think we're just going to have to deal with poor threat mechanics until then. Just do what I did and settle on a PvP build until things change. STS will let us know when they are ready for us to tank PvE again. For now, just smash stuff and hope for the best, lol.
    Main: Grimtank (warrior)
    Alts: Longfinger (sorcerer), Critsngiggles (rogue)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Ice View Post
    I agree with the tank not being able to tank. This is true for even a four taunt build. I believe an explanation on threat/taunts is needed because it doesn't seem like taunts acquire threat generation, just a momentary attention grabber.
    This also might be the case. We wont know until the devs respond.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csyui View Post
    Buff warrior's armor or health, otherwise warrior cant tank well in elite map now.
    Rogue and mage can get over 300 dps in lv26, but warrior only got 180 dps. However, rogues and mages armor all go up to 800 now, warriors still only have 1000.

Some people may say with max gear, warrior stat is good tho. But mystic item is insanely expensive and hard to get dropped from chest.
    warrior can deff get over 180 dps. im lvl 25 and i have 176 dps. .and i dont have full gear lvl 25 at all, some lvl 21's so im guessin
    warrior would have range 190-200dps with lvl 26..
    plus with vengence my dps go up to 187 - i think but its deff over 180.

and to reply.. wt4 easy to tank and is possible, but elite NOW when u have all this mobs coming at u.. which some literally hits 2k.. yeah
    expect 500 health pots to use in one elite.. i think warriors damage should be raised a bit..
    tanking elite.. literally.. all i end up doing SOMETIMES is doing crazy tapping my health pots and waiting for my horn renew to load..

so i guess suggestion is maybe speed up the "health" horn renew loading - and longer duration

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The taunt in jugg was a wasted point I feel, 90% of the time the boss or adds switch back to the dps within a second completely forgetting to attack me...

I'd love to keep it but as it stands...it is worthless.