Thread: Random trading in town

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Random trading in town

Lots of people have been complaining about the (temporary) trading system, and about how kids are whinning and begging for free gear all over the place.
    But today I spent 20min checking out people's gear and sending all-green spare items to them, friending up high level players as I went, and ended up getting a total upgrade of my archer gear

it seems like a good bunch of people don't care about rarity and gladly ship back pinks and purples when given a green item that upgrades their stats on the spot. There is also a bunch of people collecting pinks far and wide, ready to trade pink for pink regardless of stats and type.

I'm happily surprised The town sounds like kindergarten now, but great trade nonetheless
    Alteran Archer, lvl 30, GMT+9(Tokyo), English/French/Japanese.
    Alteran Blue Potion Junkie (BornToHeal), lvl 30.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Unfortunately im not 1 to give pinks for greens you have to be very nice or very stupid to do that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iscvic View Post
    Unfortunately im not 1 to give pinks for greens you have to be very nice or very stupid to do that
    As long as you realize nice and stupid are 2 totally different aspects.

Level 45 Archer - Pex
    Among the first archers on Pocket Legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i hate people who just go around friending people. somtimes i'll leave my archer in towne with a flashy bow just to see how many stupid people actually do this. at one point i came back and found i had 7 pages of friend requests. deleting 7 pages of requests is suprisingly fast..
    www.venom.forumn.net
    Level 30 Birdy- jbrulz ○§○

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I friend high level dudes who reply to greetings... that shaves off the numbers big time.

I think what happened is that when I gave a piece of gear (say green) that the player could use right away and greatly augment his specs, he felt
    like he had to send something back and did so using a decent piece of gear he couldn't use yet.

I suppose it's somewhere between honor and good education. I don't see why you call it being stupid... and if it's a mistake because one has never checked the forums and doesn't know the rarity color code, it's just lack of info, not stupidity either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AmonRaa View Post
    I friend high level dudes who reply to greetings... that shaves off the numbers big time.

I think what happened is that when I gave a piece of gear (say green) that the player could use right away and greatly augment his specs, he felt
    like he had to send something back and did so using a decent piece of gear he couldn't use yet.

I suppose it's somewhere between honor and good education. I don't see why you call it being stupid... and if it's a mistake because one has never checked the forums and doesn't know the rarity color code, it's just lack of info, not stupidity either.
    no no you've misunderstood what i was saying. i can understand them being greatful for you giving them stuff but what i hate is the random friend requests. example: you go to towne to buy somthing and don't say a word. then you get a request.then another. and another. it's idiotic and annoying
    www.venom.forumn.net
    Level 30 Birdy- jbrulz ○§○

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

...and then you run into Santaclauss who just gives everyone stuff. And yes, I too hate getting random friend invites. I will usually accept them to make them feel good about themselves, and then delete a minute later. Also I regularly remove anyone who is clearly inactive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

lol yeah, i get 4-5 requests JUST upon entering town, it makes it easier for them to beg later. What pisses me off is that beggers includes both lowlevel and 20+ alike...

yesterday this lvl21 kid was rushing ahead alone with an archer on an ice map, would die non-stop and ask for better gear, like that's the problem lol