Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: In Development - New Exploration Maps and Balance Refinements

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think I speak for most, but the difficulty on elite maps is ridiculous. I understand that its suppose to be difficult, but right now it isnt fun (as mentioned). Ive seen a lot of people quit recently and its sad because this game has so much potential! Im sticking around to see the development, but my dedication to actual game play isnt what it use to be. Hopefully that will change soon!

Also, if the elite bosses were guaranteed to drop something actually elite (item worth more than 50k, elite chests, good chunk of gold), then it would be worth the time spent. Right now its not even worth it and quite the disappointment.
    Last edited by xtinafx; 03-06-2013 at 08:10 PM. Reason: because i wanted to....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Devs don't forget to balance the mages too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Maybe instead of easier elite maps, make the top gear actually elite? This way, people who went out of their way to get the best gear in their class would be able to clear the maps easier. People with crappy gear should have a much harder time. So basically, you'd need elite gear to be able to complete elite levels.

Anyway, happy to hear the team is looking into the elite maps difficulty. I can only speak for myself when saying that I really don't enjoy the current difficulty level. Even with supposedly top gear, it takes forever to kill 1 measly mob. Also looking forward to the new maps

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Maybe instead of easier elite maps, make the top gear actually elite? This way, people who went out of their way to get the best gear in their class would be able to clear the maps easier. People with crappy gear should have a much harder time. So basically, you'd need elite gear to be able to complete elite levels.

Anyway, happy to hear the team is looking into the elite maps difficulty. I can only speak for myself when saying that I really don't enjoy the current difficulty level. Even with supposedly top gear, it takes forever to kill 1 measly mob. Also looking forward to the new maps
    So u need elite gear to get elite gear?? How can you get it if you cant run elite maps without elite gear??
    Pl Akaee 76, Bearbg 76, Whosdaddy 76
    Sl Akaee 46, Bearbg 46, Whosdaddy 46
    Dl Akaee 36, Gruppy 36
    Al Akaee 36, Gruppy 34, Whosdaddy 36

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Akaee View Post
    So u need elite gear to get elite gear?? How can you get it if you cant run elite maps without elite gear??
    I can run it now without elite gear.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB:995862

In theory this is a decent idea, but for elite gear to make the current elite maps more fun they'd need to be like 2x better than the current elite gear. I can see the PvP complaining threads now....
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

As for now, elite mode is not about skill or build, it's about how little you care about your fingers' feeling...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Uicheusa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    In theory this is a decent idea, but for elite gear to make the current elite maps more fun they'd need to be like 2x better than the current elite gear. I can see the PvP complaining threads now....
    They could nerf the stats in PvP? Or, as I personally always hoped, they could completely seperate PvP and PvE stats/builds. It's the balancing act for both PvP and PvE that makes things hard IMO. As you said, it would definitely bring out a lot of complaining the way current things are. Splitting up PvP and PvE stats/builds could possibly prevent that. It would also take care of the crappy (top) PvP builds that are fairly useless for PvE.

Ow well, one can dream right?

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Ohh yeah great...Fixed that all.For now I will just do story token quest then log out...Maybe will back after this update if it balanced.

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:995586
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

More maps and bosses to kill? Sweet. What will be some of the drops?

The drops are still being worked on. We will have a closer look probably later this week.

Nice! Thanks to the dev team for busting their butts on this in a short time. I know I can be a pain & many of us get on your case a lot (perse) but we mean well lol. Besides, its the only way to let yall know how we feel!

That being said... Can yall please focus more on the player base thats not all about plat? I mean come on, yall are pushing it lately.. Hitting a very thin line. It feels like that line will be cut soon. x.x Considering the survey that was sent a whiiiiile back regarding subscriptions and what we want.. Etc... Im beginning to think yall are heading that route & preparing us for it while testing us to see what type of reaction you'd get.... >_< *analyzing a lot* lol

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Would be cool if you could finish elite maps in say half the time or less with top of the line elite gear that are ridiculously pricey, would make them more worthwhile. They are only marginally better now for an exponential amount of the price. But the devs would need to introduce all new gear for that to work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I stopped Arcane Legends because I think 2.600 XP per Level and 26.000 XP till Level 26 is so much, and you don't have a place where it's fun to get Experience. (I am Level 23 now) Watchers Tomb 4 is sooo boring and I don't want to do it 40 times to Level up. (It was not fun @ all to get from Level 20 to 21) :/

Please increase the amount of XP you get for playing normal Maps or create a new place, where you can level up faster with a group of players which are >20.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Abuse For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Good point. The elite gear that was discussed in the other thread is not really so elite. The bloodhammer gear has the same stats as demonlord/sealord, and the mage, rogue & warrior weapons are nice looking and all, but they should really all have better stats than they do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuse View Post
    I stopped Arcane Legends because I think 2.600 XP per Level and 26.000 XP till Level 26 is so much, and you don't have a place where it's fun to get Experience. (I am Level 23 now) Watchers Tomb 4 is sooo boring and I don't want to do it 40 times to Level up. (It was not fun @ all to get from Level 20 to 21) :/

Please increase the amount of XP you get for playing normal Maps or create a new place, where you can level up faster with a group of players which are >20.
    Play pl and get to lvl76 cap :/

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vystirch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Nice! Thanks to the dev team for busting their butts on this in a short time. I know I can be a pain & many of us get on your case a lot (perse) but we mean well lol. Besides, its the only way to let yall know how we feel!

That being said... Can yall please focus more on the player base thats not all about plat? I mean come on, yall are pushing it lately.. Hitting a very thin line. It feels like that line will be cut soon. x.x Considering the survey that was sent a whiiiiile back regarding subscriptions and what we want.. Etc... Im beginning to think yall are heading that route & preparing us for it while testing us to see what type of reaction you'd get.... >_< *analyzing a lot* lol

There could be a subscription users hip on the way, with small perks but it could still be played for free.... This is what I have talked to a couple devs about. I actually would like for the game to get a subscription, because besides the perks players get STS now has elevated themselves to a higher lvl and must produce even more material. (Not that they haven't been doing this already) it just means that it becomes a must for them to do.

Lady_Pebbles

I don't think its something they have to do but it* seems like an option. Considering the route they've gone with making Plat only Achievements. I mean it works for DL without a subscription but at least its easier to get there than it is here. Way more demanding to spend money here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The drops are still being worked on. We will have a closer look probably later this week.
    It would be awesome if you did the same as you did with the elite mobs - those bosses (elite) would have their own unique drop, a weapon, but this time, it woudl have even more dps than those depraved or at least to get near it (like with ALP) and the awesome bonus procs, the current weapons, which drop from bosses and seem to match to myhic items have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

New levels is very exciting indeed, I was finally getting my elite grove back last night so I cant wait to play some new ones. Funny this is here because Moderator Dalphine ( Delphine?) was on last night telling everyone that new levels were coming and fielding questions from players.

Thank you STS for your ongoing support of AL, I am so glad to see things addressed in such a timely fashion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

I noticed with the Jarl buff, the main goal was to get players to farm "other" elite maps correct?

Instead of doing this, I ask that you guys differentiate the equipment stats for the elite drops in each area.
    A lvl 26 clever demonlogist of security should not have the same stats as a lvl 26 demonlord robe of security or a lvl 26 sealord wrappings of security.

In addition I would also prefer if specific bosses dropped specific gear in chests so players arn't grinding 1 elite map for the entire season.
    Players are now averaging 2-3minutes for Jarl, Tower, Pirateboat for the sole purpose of fast drops since all chests have equal chance of dropping the same gear.

If you implement this it will force players to farm other maps, and those who can productively do it will reap the benefits. Some of the other maps atm are "longer" so players will most likely purchase plat elixirs to help speed up the process. In the end I think it's a win-win situation for everyone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuse View Post

Lol, getting 25 is really eassy. If you wanna faster then go combo 7 days 50% exp + 1h 50% = bonus 100%. If you wanna other map, try hauntlet or normal (not elite) grog beach.
    Now 25->26 is hard, but you dont really need it. 25 with 25 gear is really god :-)
    So dont give up, try lvling up 25, then see if u wanna give up.
    AL: Ishyrionek (31 Warrior)
    AL: Ishyrion (30 Rogue)
    AL: Ishyrionus (30 Wizzard)
    BD: Ishyrion (7)