Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Elite Loot Distribution in the Kraken Isles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi Devs,

Firstly thanks for taking in our feedbacks. I believe that currently players are talking about how difficult the elite map is. to a point where it is no longer fun, ie " I am capped with decent eq and yet still need to spam 100 pots per run in elite". Perhaps you need to relook at elite mob difficulty. Their armour and hp is pretty high. However bosses should be tougher. Usually when we get to the boss and killed all the minions, the boss die as easy as 1,2,3. So I guess bosses should be like a at least a 50 to 1 equivalent of a mob but not to the point of 1-shotting every character in game except warrior. I dont mind spamming pots at bosses but at those minions? It just hurts the pride when my warrior dies tanking say 5-6 elite mobs when going on a beach run.

However as this thread is about loot distribution. I hope the devs take into consideration as in not to ruin the market as well with a "deluge of pink drops" decision. If for say map difficulty is reduced, I believe chances of good loot dropping should be reduced too. I mean I wont mind running and completing an "easier" elite map knowing at least I have the chance of a loot and not wasting too much pot. Compared to spending 10 minutes + 100 pots and knowing that my random party mates can just leave midway, i think I'll take my chances with lower drops and "easier" runs. Thanks once again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taxxor View Post
    Hi Devs,

Firstly thanks for taking in our feedbacks. I believe that currently players are talking about how difficult the elite map is. to a point where it is no longer fun, ie " I am capped with decent eq and yet still need to spam 100 pots per run in elite". Perhaps you need to relook at elite mob difficulty. Their armour and hp is pretty high. However bosses should be tougher. Usually when we get to the boss and killed all the minions, the boss die as easy as 1,2,3. So I guess bosses should be like a at least a 50 to 1 equivalent of a mob but not to the point of 1-shotting every character in game except warrior. I dont mind spamming pots at bosses but at those minions? It just hurts the pride when my warrior dies tanking say 5-6 elite mobs when going on a beach run.

However as this thread is about loot distribution. I hope the devs take into consideration as in not to ruin the market as well with a "deluge of pink drops" decision. If for say map difficulty is reduced, I believe chances of good loot dropping should be reduced too. I mean I wont mind running and completing an "easier" elite map knowing at least I have the chance of a loot and not wasting too much pot. Compared to spending 10 minutes + 100 pots and knowing that my random party mates can just leave midway, i think I'll take my chances with lower drops and "easier" runs. Thanks once again!
    Agreed!! All good points!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Currently no
    While I don't think the mythic helms needs to be buffed, I do think an adjustment should be made to the sorcerer helm.

Everyone who is a sorcerer knows that the preferred secondary stat to have is STR and not DEX. That is why the "of security" versions of the armors and helms have been more popular (and way more expensive) than the "of grace" versions. Yet the mythic sorcerer helm has DEX as the secondary stat, when it really should be STR. This oversight has actually cause me to wonder if the mythic helm is actually better than a sealord/bloodhammer "of security" helm for most purposes. This is why the sorcerer mythic helm is by far the least expensive of the three.

I think you should change it to be STR instead of DEX. I cannot imagine any sorcerers complaining about this proposed change.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Blackbeards Hooks are also going to be getting a buff, quite a nice one!

Omg omg omg thank you for this ive had this weapon for 2 weeks now ( or less) and it sadden me a bit that even though its the rarest weapon it is being outperformed by lower rarity and lower level weapons ..

Iam not asking it to be uber powerful i also dont want that i just want it to hold its prestige as being the rarest( for now) weapon that rogues can have ... Lookin forward to this and it's a very very welcome news for me..

Just to add more insight and not just be biased towards one topic..

Yes i do think that mythic helm are in their proper place at the moment but i also agree that mages helm as being the weakest of the 3 .. I have held all three helms but i only have warrior and roue as my main chars ( lvl21 mage) and have seen how useful the other 2 helm is compared to the mages helm..
    Last edited by Jellowpy; 03-08-2013 at 03:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jellowpy View Post
    Omg omg omg thank you for this ive had this weapon for 2 weeks now ( or less) and it sadden me a bit that even though its the rarest weapon it is being outperformed by lower rarity and lower level weapons ...
    You mean to say ALP lvl 21 still outperforms it? :O

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yoho View Post
    Yep, but.. It should be slighly better, not that you can't compete in pvp or can't beat guys with arcane weapons in time runs. Here I see you want your weapon to be must have for that purposes (pvp/time runs)
    TBH i dont pvp with my rogue hehe i really dont find PvP appealing but when i do i use my warrior because i dont have the best ping playing this game atleast with a warrior i have room for error.. I just want arcanes weapon "rarity" to be justified and not feel like i have been cheated out of the satisfaction of having the rarest weapon.. As ive said just make its usability and effectivenes scale according to its rarity and difficulty of acquiring it .. I wont be happy also if it'll be too OP i dont want great games being ruined by a single item.

Quote Originally Posted by lovestriker View Post
    You mean to say ALP lvl 21 still outperforms it? :O
    Not sure with ALP 21 iam guessing not but with the case of ALP 25 damage number output? if not Yes my answer would be almost and with TOTAL damage output wise with -15% armor on target and bleed not so sure but because ALP 25 is bugged it can produce big bursty damage.. Imagine how can a measly bleed effect can compete with that?

Added the fact that
    Arcane have only 108dps
    ALP LvL25 111 dps
    Depraved LvL 26 118 dps

( all numbers are based according to memory correct me if iam wrong)

Good thing that our suggestions,complaints and ideas are not being overlooked by spacetimestudios team..
    Last edited by Jellowpy; 03-08-2013 at 03:33 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jellowpy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Not sure with ALP 21 iam guessing not but with the case of ALP 25 damage number output? if not Yes my answer would be almost and with TOTAL damage output wise with -15% armor on target and bleed not so sure but because ALP 25 is bugged it can produce big bursty damage.. Imagine how can a measly bleed effect can compete with that?

Added the fact that
    Arcane have only 108dps
    ALP LvL25 111 dps
    Depraved LvL 26 118 dps

( all numbers are based according to memory correct me if iam wrong)

Good thing that our suggestions,complaints and ideas are not being overlooked by spacetimestudios team..
    Ok thanks.

Depraved is 117.1 dps. or 117.something.

True that!

Anyway goodluck to me on getting those Hooks. I hope they get a color change. Thanks!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lovestriker View Post
    Ok thanks.

Depraved is 117.1 dps. or 117.something.

True that!

Anyway goodluck to me on getting those Hooks. I hope they get a color change. Thanks!
    Goodluck mate they are awesome team weapon just needs more dps on them ü Cant wait for their new upgrade i just hope new upgrade is as epic as it can be =)
    Last edited by Jellowpy; 03-08-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Here is my thought on loot drop improvement
    • improve drop rate of pinks by a decent amount.
    • allow all Suffix combinations for the newest level of elite maps. For example, the Sealord Wrappings (sorcerer) could have 3 different main stats (30-31) Int/Dex/Str. Then if Int is the main stat then there could be 10 different suffixes for that Int Armor (force, fatality, stability, grace, security, fitness, warfare, brutality, assault, riposte). So altogether there can be 30 different Sealord Wrappings.

Doing this, would allow for
    • more satisfaction from doing a run because you have a better chance at getting a pink
    • there will Very expensive pinks that are that class's main stat + damage, crit, warfare, armor suffixes.
    • there will be medium priced pinks that are that classes main stat + dodge, riposte, or maybe Str as main stat + Int secondary + damage, crit, armor, etc.
    • there will be cheap priced pinks (like there are now), that are the garbage ones of Main stat is DEX, with crappy sendondary stats.

Basically, there would be an increased drop for a Pink, then there would be a hidden random generator that pink a number 1-30, to determine which combination of item it will be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Instead of a potential nerf on the Lifetheifs how about introducing a new elite weapon that has identical or similar stats to the lifetheifs similar to flamestrikes and charwards

13. The Following User Says Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

ok first of every one in this tread... well most ppl...... are slow or really dumb elite is supposed to be hard go play final fantasy 11 and fight a boss fight that could take hrs to fight and once u die its a gaint wast of time. people could should quit complaining about how hard it is to run elite f.y.i. i dont play FF games antmore but i have seen friends do it and waste hrs... how about waiting 12 hr just for a boss to appear now thats dedication and i dont hear these players complaining it takes team work and skill not top of the line GEAR.... someone tell me im wrong.

e·lite [ih-leet, ey-leet] Show IPA
    noun
    ( often used with a plural verb ) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.
    ( used with a plural verb ) persons of the highest class: Only the elite were there.
    a group of persons exercising the major share of authority or influence within a larger group: the power elite of a major political party.
    a type, approximately 10-point in printing-type size, widely used in typewriters and having 12 characters to the inch. Compare pica1 .
    adjective
    representing the most choice or select; best: an elite group

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

@kristof

Arcane Legends = best MOBILE massive online coop game

Yep it's mobile buddy supposedly its a game that everyone can pick up and put down anytime because most of us have real life responsibility .. Thats why spacetimestudios is lookin for a balance of right difficulty and right strategy.. Everyone is not complaining about how "HARD" elite is they are complaining how "HARD" mobs are , everyone wants strategic boss fight not mindless DPS button mashing on mobs.. Everyone wants hard BOSS fight not hard mob fight..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

@kristof

Arcane Legends = best MOBILE massive online coop game

Yep it's mobile buddy supposedly its a game that everyone can pick up and put down anytime because most of us have real life responsibility .. Thats why spacetimestudios is lookin for a balance of right difficulty and right strategy.. Everyone is not complaining about how "HARD" elite is they are complaining how "HARD" mobs are , everyone wants strategic boss fight not mindless DPS button mashing on mobs.. Everyone wants hard BOSS fight not hard mob fight..
    Agreed. Hard does not equal Time consuming. I'd prefer if the mobs were easier and the boss hits harder. Don't give the boss more health as that just prolongs the battle but doesn't make it any harder actually. What makes it harder is having a boss that can hit hard and kill you. Then it's actually hard, but not that time consuming if you can manage to win.

I actually like the latest update, I think it does a good job at accomplishing this.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Waiting for Arcane Mage items...

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alhuntrazeck View Post
    Waiting for Arcane Mage items...
    Gonna wait for a couple months then... New arcane item (would bet on it being warrior item) will only come with the next expansion, which is rougly 2 months in time. Mage item will only come on the expansion after that. Or the other way around with the classes, but as there are far more warriors than mages, it'd be more sensible for STS to release warrior item first...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

So, all of these items can be found in elite golden pirate chests and locked crate and not droppable ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous View Post
    Gonna wait for a couple months then... New arcane item (would bet on it being warrior item) will only come with the next expansion, which is rougly 2 months in time. Mage item will only come on the expansion after that. Or the other way around with the classes, but as there are far more warriors than mages, it'd be more sensible for STS to release warrior item first...
    I hope so! I'm saving all my locked chests so I can open it and actually get something that I want for my warrior!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Still no bloodhammer armors dropping. Today there was 64 bloodhammer helms for sale and only 3 armors. Kind of sucks since they look way nicer than the sealord stuff which is starting to look old (same look as demonlord from last campaign). Now the bloodhammer helms are way down in price since nobody can get a matching armor to go with them. Maybe do something to make them start falling a little more? Increase drop rate so more folks farm grog beach?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

And tonight there are 88 bloodhammer helms for sale and only 4 armors. This is quite rediculous. Please change the drop rate or nerf elite grog beach just enough so folks will start farming there a little. This bloodhammer gear looks so nice yet nobody will have the chance to ever wear it. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

elite Grog beach is hard.... even when you beat most likely bad drops.. :'(
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles