Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends Hotfix | November 16, 2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeisg View Post
    As I said, JUST A WEEK because it's their 3rd Anniversary, after all. And if the event ends, then we must go back to our daily lives in AL. To be honest, for all of the players in AL, 5k isn't hard to get. But in this event, they got 5k in easy way. And if this ends, they can make their own 5k again in their own way. Everything will get pricier? That's what people want, right? And if the price got low, they'll say "Ugh, the price is too low." And if EVERYTHING will get pricier, then what about to elon bow? Frost bow? Ghoul? And other mythic or arcane items. They're useful, right? Last time it's more than 10M, what happened now? Many players are rich now, the poor one has just started this game. Even the eggs, Nekro. I know that egg is really hard to get that's why it was 50m+ last time. And they can permanently use it, but what happened now? Yes, they are still expensive, and in a daily 5k in a week, you can't make them buy all. Players are the one who's changing the price, not our gold. We're the one who's holding it so we're the one whom to blame why is the price is too low or too high. If full of gold, why don't you give the new players or let's say poor players give some gold?

Please, take note for the JUST A WEEK OF 3RD ANNIVERSARY, again. JUST A WEEK FOR 5K GOLD IN MED CAKE.
    Event ends in a few days, not weeks lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

While I am also forming this weekend to keep my pace along with other players, I was hoping this has to be stopped. Thanks for update STS before it is totally going out of control. I couldn't imagine for few months we may see insane prices like 40mil and 100mil items like we see one year ago.

No big issue team. Things will be settled in 2 to 3 weeks time frame. Times I recall my friend had to sell a 1 million worth car to 300k peso only in 2 years time. Let's enjoy the game as a game. Let's remain cool and ready for winter event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ty sts , bye gold....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

I spent most of last week farming fangs and fragment, so I was neither spending millions on or making millions from medium cakes, just to give some perspectives on where I stand inre the gold payout hot fix. It's just that last Friday people in my guild were talking about the anniversary event being better than Ursoth and Halloween because for once you're making money instead of burning them on ankhs. There was more activity and a positive vibe as some members reported about making their first million and what not. And then the hot fix.

I understand the reasoning behind STS taking this step halfway into the event. But it doesn't make the negativity that follows here on forum and other off game chats any prettier. And I can only imagine how much more pervasive it is out there in the game, with people who can't or don't use the forums to vent. And I'm not just talking about the people who invest in huge numbers of medium cakes, but starting out players who sell small and medium cakes in batches of twos or threes. I don't think those who say that event died for them with the hot fix were exaggerating. The disappointment and disinterest are palpable, even given then logical explanation that prompted this change. And this event was supposed to be celebratory.

Is there any possibility of salvaging the event, I wonder. For me the event is more about jewels than gold, to be honest. So maybe have mediums drop cracked primary jewels? And remove water and nature jewels from cakes entirely. This way price of medium cakes can be maintained and even low level players have a chance at farming primary jewels. Also you might take a look at Extrapayah's suggestion to make grand cakes more worth crafting. Just something to sweeten things that had gone sour, damage control. Three days to go. Maybe these changes can keep the players farming and crafting and in general less unhappy about the mid-event switch up.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Devaux View Post
    Then days! It's like you got a big big problem with that LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    I spent most of last week farming fangs and fragment, so I was neither spending millions on or making millions from medium cakes, just to give some perspectives on where I stand inre the gold payout hot fix. It's just that last Friday people in my guild were talking about the anniversary event being better than Ursoth and Halloween because for once you're making money instead of burning them on ankhs. There was more activity and a positive vibe as some members reported about making their first million and what not. And then the hot fix.

I understand the reasoning behind STS taking this step halfway into the event. But it doesn't make the negativity that follows here on forum and other off game chats any prettier. And I can only imagine how much more pervasive it is out there in the game, with people who can't or don't use the forums to vent. And I'm not just talking about the people who invest in huge numbers of medium cakes, but starting out players who sell small and medium cakes in batches of twos or threes. I don't think those who say that event died for them with the hot fix were exaggerating. The disappointment and disinterest are palpable, even given then logical explanation that prompted this change. And this event was supposed to be celebratory.

Is there any possibility of salvaging the event, I wonder. For me the event is more about jewels than gold, to be honest. So maybe have mediums drop cracked primary jewels? And remove water and nature jewels from cakes entirely. This way price of medium cakes can be maintained and even low level players have a chance at farming primary jewels. Also you might take a look at Extrapayah's suggestion to make grand cakes more worth crafting. Just something to sweeten things that had gone sour, damage control. Three days to go. Maybe these changes can keep the players farming and crafting and in general less unhappy about the mid-event switch up.

Speaking of negativity...I've been literally harassed out of my mind by nearly everyone who was doing this and didn't understand why the fix had to happen.

It doesn't bother me all that much, but it does become quite cumbersome to ignore list each and every player that PMs this hate mail. I can only imagine the harassment Zylx would go through if he logged in.

This is despite what developers have posted that they already knew to fix this issue.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Then days! It's like you got a big big problem with that LOL
    No not at all! dont shoot the messenger :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Devaux View Post
    Btw, it started Thursday. Ends on Friday. Cool down, but still it's the part of the event. And can spend your tokens. So it's a week. LOL😂

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Btw, it started Thursday. Ends on Friday. Cool down, but still it's the part of the event. And can spend your tokens. So it's a week. LOL��
    Technicalities kill me :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	156.5 KB 
ID:	143403
    Ok...so your intention was for me to play that way and that's what I did with friends from my guild. STS says 'We saw this exploited by a few players' and did these players breach tos? Ok so these 'few' players make their choice and im just wondering what deterrents you put in place to prevent this. We all have a code we play by but how you have handled this has sent out the wrong message. Much has been said on these forums about how the lb is exploited and yet you only had to observe that board in the week before the recent expansion to see 'exploitation' at its finest! Yet those same players were rewarded. im not here to praise or condone how people play but it seems to me that some 'exploitaions' are ignored for convenience and others well....
    Last edited by Anehazaz; 11-16-2015 at 08:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Oh.. Thanks STS for ruining our gold source

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Lol, i made a jokes to my guild mate if sts would change 5k gold to 500, and it really happen lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Lmao uk what they say early bird catches the cake err worm

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #154
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

We understand that there is some frustration with today's update. However, we do ask that you keep the discussion civil and constructive at all times. If you haven't seen so already, Remiem made a post explaining this change:

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hi everyone! As you know, today we published an update to decrease the payout of the Medium Birthday Cakes. Our intention for these cakes was for players to share with friends and spread the joy and spirit of giving to celebrate this big milestone in the history of Arcane Legends. Unfortunately, we saw this exploited by a few players. For this reason we made the decision to reduce the payout of the Medium Cakes and to allow the event to continue because we know most players are having fun partaking in the spirit of the celebration just as we hoped.

It's important to know that we came to the decision to change the gold drop amount based on internal data we have, not based any forum posts or private messages. Please remember to keep the forums a clean, constructive, and friendly place. It's a birthday party, after all!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...o-Medium-Cakes
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	278.9 KB 
ID:	143404

I get your point, Sts. But as you can see, many players enjoyed the event that you released. We spread the love, and the joy coz it's your AL's Birthday. Many players are opening cakes and stick to other players so that they will have some gifts too. And they had fun. It must be enjoyable.. It's a Birthday Party after all!

But yea, still, thank you for this event. At least they can still get some jewels that we can craft and sell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Zzz Bad idea rich player so selfish

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BabVna View Post
    While I am also forming this weekend to keep my pace along with other players, I was hoping this has to be stopped. Thanks for update STS before it is totally going out of control. I couldn't imagine for few months we may see insane prices like 40mil and 100mil items like we see one year ago.

No big issue team. Things will be settled in 2 to 3 weeks time frame. Times I recall my friend had to sell a 1 million worth car to 300k peso only in 2 years time. Let's enjoy the game as a game. Let's remain cool and ready for winter event.
    Event wasn't going for months... would have been a few more days.
    Prices for arcane items have gotten so low it depresses me every time I think about popping locks... I'd rather merch luck elixers... Pathetic really, you can't even celebrate looting an arcane because you're still down 3mil buying the locks to loot it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to crudmudgeon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Speaking of negativity...I've been literally harassed out of my mind by nearly everyone who was doing this and didn't understand why the fix had to happen.

It doesn't bother me all that much, but it does become quite cumbersome to ignore list each and every player that PMs this hate mail. I can only imagine the harassment Zylx would go through if he logged in.

This is despite what developers have posted that they already knew to fix this issue.
    Sleep easy on your hoard tonight... it's well protected.
    I threw $500 at merching vanities and I still can't afford the gear/eyes necessary to compete. "Veterans" that made such an investment 3 yrs ago are sitting pretty at this point... meanwhile the rest of us can't even fathom how to catch up...

Bet if you were an auto41 rogue we could go watch your rage quit video tonight...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

chill guys, the merchants did this, sts is trying to moderate the market inflation, sadly are there ppl who abuses of the marketing and their objetive is become rich fast and unfair, thats the reason of this update.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sfubi View Post
    Remiem's closed thread statemenet:
    Default Regarding Today's Change to Medium Cakes
    Hi everyone! As you know, today we published an update to decrease the payout of the Medium Birthday Cakes. Our intention for these cakes was for players to share with friends and spread the joy and spirit of giving to celebrate this big milestone in the history of Arcane Legends. Unfortunately, we saw this exploited by a few players. For this reason we made the decision to reduce the payout of the Medium Cakes and to allow the event to continue because we know most players are having fun partaking in the spirit of the celebration just as we hoped.

It's important to know that we came to the decision to change the gold drop amount based on internal data we have, not based any forum posts or private messages. Please remember to keep the forums a clean, constructive, and friendly place. It's a birthday party, after all!
    End quote.

Since "a few players" didnt share, STS decides to punish everyone but the people who didnt share.

You could have put a temporay ban on those few players through Saturday. That would have allowed the majority who did share continue.

Instead you have punished the majority and "a few players" are moving right along with maxed gold.

Great decision....
    Perhaps these "few" players are the big plats purchasers?...u'll neva know...