PDA

View Full Version : How Event Crates & Chests Work During the Ursoth's Assault Event

Pages : [1] 2

Remiem
06-13-2014, 01:26 PM

In the coming Ursoth's Assault Event, there will be new bosses, new items, new quests and a lot of new fun!

Part of that fun will come in the form of Chests and Crates. Here are the details:

Event Chests
There are two different kinds of Event Chests that can drop during the event.

Entangled Chests can drop from the first 3 bosses and contain things like armor, items, gold, and more, but do not have the chance to drop the new mythic weapons.

Spirit Chests, however, are extra special chests that drop from Ursoth (the #4 event boss) and are awarded to players when they reach Silver Tier. Spirit Chests will have a chance to drop the new mythic weapons.

Spirit Chests can also be crafted with a recipe (obtained when you reach bronze tier) allowing you to combine 3 Entangled Chests with Elondrian essences to make one Spirit Chest.

All event chests are free to open.

New: Locked Grand Crates of Elondria

Locked Grand Crates of Elondria are special locked crates that have a DOUBLE chance to drop the new mythic weapons. They drop rarely from the 4th event boss, Ursoth. That crate looks like this and costs 15 plat to open, just like a normal locked crate:

You'll also be able to obtain a special crafting recipe (purchased with tokens) that will allow you to combine 3 regular Locked Grand Crates of the Watch plus Elondrian Essences to create one Locked Grand Crate of Elondria.

Locked Grand Crates of the Watch

Ursoth's Assault Mythic Weapons will not drop from regular Locked Grand Crates of the Watch. This had been suggested in past updates about the event, but after some iterative changes to the system, this will no longer be the case. Instead, they will only be used in the crafting recipe to turn your locked crates into Elondrian crates with double mythic odds. (Actually, it ends up being less expensive than just opening regular lockeds! What do you know? :))

Steelbenderr
06-13-2014, 04:01 PM
Wuhoo.! JUMPIN' JELLYBEANS

Valkiryas
06-13-2014, 04:03 PM
Yehaaaaa Thanks! STS this make feel good again!

I was really close to quit the game, but BRAVO it's a fantastic IDEA! Now Lockeds let's rocket to the sky :)

keikali
06-13-2014, 04:04 PM
Giggity.

MrWeasley
06-13-2014, 04:04 PM
awesome! I can deal with this. i like the idea of crafting 3 event chests for a chance at weapons and also the locked idea! But one thing...How long with the crafting of these chests take?

Valkiryas
06-13-2014, 04:05 PM

Almost the craft on chest ( Like Tarlok's Event ) will be around 8 - 12 Hours

Iliketolol
06-13-2014, 04:05 PM
Looks good so far ^_^

Remiem
06-13-2014, 04:06 PM
awesome! I can deal with this. i like the idea of crafting 3 event chests for a chance at weapons and also the locked idea! But one thing...How long with the crafting of these chests take?

Currently it's set to 4 hours. :) Of course that is subject to change, but I don't anticipate that it will.

Xbadboyx
06-13-2014, 04:07 PM
first

Valkiryas
06-13-2014, 04:18 PM
Hmmm Wait, We need Energy for enter? I read wrong it's FREE to open chest and NOt free to enter?

obee
06-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Should I sell my locks?

Impact
06-13-2014, 04:21 PM
If this isnt like the 3, 8 hour energy system like goblin and is instead something like 6 energy slots 1 hour per energy, this will be a nice event that will maybe even surpass tarlok :)

Remiem
06-13-2014, 04:22 PM
The energy system is still there, yes. It will still cost 1 energy to enter portals. :)

Archerios
06-13-2014, 04:25 PM
How many tokens to buy the recipe?

Remiem
06-13-2014, 04:26 PM
As above, subject to change, but the price is currently set at 75 tokens.

Haligali
06-13-2014, 04:29 PM
Sounds good at first, we'll see.

What about arcanes in new chest, only new pet or old ones too?

Kadena
06-13-2014, 04:31 PM
Hi rem

Is there a new LB Event again?

Thanks.

keikali
06-13-2014, 04:32 PM
As above, subject to change, but the price is currently set at 75 tokens.

Ami. I'm guessing (2) different prices for both recipes correct?

75 for the Double Odds Crate?

How much for the Elodria Chest to Elodria Spirit Chest?

Twomucho
06-13-2014, 04:32 PM
The energy system is still there, yes. It will still cost 1 energy to enter portals. :)

So I see this is an answer to the lock question but did the energy system change at all or is it the exact same setup as goblin event?

Raregem
06-13-2014, 04:37 PM

no smiley for us more like :( to energy. why?... please update on the plan for energy as soon as it is possible. This already makes me dread the next event.

Also are the event essences going to be made tradable?

falmear
06-13-2014, 04:41 PM

Locked Grand Crates of Elondria are special locked crates that have a DOUBLE chance to drop the new mythic weapons. They drop rarely from the 4th event boss, Ursoth. That crate looks like this and costs 15 plat to open, just like a normal locked crate:

You'll also be able to obtain a special crafting recipe (purchased with tokens) that will allow you to combine 3 regular Locked Grand Crates of the Watch plus Elondrian Essences to create one Locked Grand Crate of Elondria.

Ursoth's Assault Mythic Weapons will not drop from regular Locked Grand Crates of the Watch. This had been suggested in past updates about the event, but after some iterative changes to the system, this will no longer be the case. Instead, they will only be used in the crafting recipe to turn your locked crates into Elondrian crates with double mythic odds. (Actually, it ends up being less expensive than just opening regular lockeds! What do you know? :))

Come on lets be honest here. You expect a lot of people to finish the crafting with plat. Crafting 5 crafts every 4 hours even with double odds isn't going to be enough to loot a mythic. So now you are basically charging people to craft these locked and open them.

Rare
06-13-2014, 04:42 PM
Are you kidding me?

Pandamoni
06-13-2014, 04:50 PM
I think you guys need to discuss with one another before you announce things on the forums. It was stated here on the forums that the mythics will drop from regular locks. People made decisions to continue to farm or buy locks based on the announcements that were made by STG employees. Now, I understand you have the right to change your mind from time to time, but please bear in mind that when we are spending our $$$ on platinum, then things we buy and sell in game are basically items we have purchased with our own money (items, elixirs to farm locks, etc). When things are basically promised to us and then you change your minds based on what will give you the most revenue, you lose customers who have been loyal for years. I am really disappointed.

(I was going to delete this but I think I'll keep it up here. And I'll add to Falmear's point about it being more costly and just ask that you please not patronize us. Exclamation points don't make it A-Okay)

Medicman
06-13-2014, 05:05 PM
Ami, what will be the time for the energy to recharge? I know that in the goblin event we could only enter 3 times free in a 24 hour period without buying energy kits. I'm sure there is going to be a lot of disgruntled players if the energy system is going to remain the same and the possibility of losing quite a lot of players. Can you please enlighten us on the recharge time?

Raregem
06-13-2014, 05:09 PM
I think you guys need to discuss with one another before you announce things on the forums. It was stated here on the forums that the mythics will drop from regular locks. People made decisions to continue to farm or buy locks based on the announcements that were made by STG employees. Now, I understand you have the right to change your mind from time to time, but please bear in mind that when we are spending our $$$ on platinum, then things we buy and sell in game are basically items we have purchased with our own money (items, elixirs to farm locks, etc). When things are basically promised to us and then you change your minds based on what will give you the most revenue, you lose customers who have been loyal for years. I am really disappointed.

(I was going to delete this but I think I'll keep it up here. And I'll add to Falmear's point about it being more costly and just ask that you please not patronize us. Exclamation points don't make it A-Okay)

Glad you didn't remove because a DEV did say that the old lockeds would be transformed into new event ones and have the new mythic items in them. After that clarification I did exactly what you said started back farming and buying. It's so frustrating. And with the energy system who knows how long it will take to get the tokens to buy the recipes and or if you will have enough essence to even craft a decent amount of lockeds before the event ends if you don't buy energy.

Handel
06-13-2014, 05:11 PM
So i need to buy a recipe and pay 75 token (= a lot energy points) for each character, i wanna craft the new lockeds with?

So i am limited on my craftslots and a 4 hour waiting time, to craft the new lockeds (except i pay plat to finish the crafting)?

So i have to mash 3 lockeds to get 1 new?

So i have to farm my *** off (and buying a lot energypoints from you) to get enough of this elondrian essences to craft new lockeds?

As a hoarder of 2,9k (actually worthless) lockeds and 6,1k platinum i guess its time now to take a loooooong break from your game. Good luck with your Pay-to-Play-Energysystem and the other decissions you made in the younger past, STS.

keikali
06-13-2014, 05:17 PM
Yes.

When the Ursoth's Assault Event starts, current Locked Crates you have will get a new grafic icon and description and be changed to have a chance at the new stuff. When the event ends they will change back to normal.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?158193-Information-on-New-Mythics-amp-Locked-Crates&p=1671186&viewfull=1#post1671186

What was that again? Oh right.

Valkiryas
06-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Yeah sounds it pretty bad, but I think that STS have something special for Non-Platinum Users, I'm pretty sure, maybe they will make the energy buyable with gold or reducer their price to 1 Platinum per kit.

That could be something very usefull because everyone with free offers can get cheap entrances to the zone, and I think it's a solution because no one wanna play anymore in s P2W Right STS?

Pandamoni
06-13-2014, 05:18 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?158193-Information-on-New-Mythics-amp-Locked-Crates&p=1671186&viewfull=1#post1671186

*sigh*

Samhayne
06-13-2014, 05:26 PM

My bad for misinformation. Design is an iterative process and things change. We do the best we can to make accurate statements, but we're all human. Again, my apologies.

We have a lot more details about Ursoth's Assault to reveal. We learned a lot from the Goblin Event and are putting those details into place. Stuff like:

* Making the Tier Rewards exciting
* Making the Leaderboards more inclusive
* Making other ways to obtain event energy

and more.

One other details about the Elondrian Essences, they are currently planned to drop like other essences in any zone.

For now, we'll leave you with these details about Chests and Crates and have more to talk about over the coming days and weeks.

Also, given the additional work we are putting into the Ursoth's Assault event, it will be coming out a bit later than we were originally planning. No dates to announce at this point, but we'll keep you updated on that front as well.

Fyrce
06-13-2014, 05:28 PM
Will the Entangled Chest and Spirit Chests be tradeable, sellable, stashable?

Will the new Elondria Crate contain arcanes, like the old crate?

keikali
06-13-2014, 05:33 PM
Will the Entangled Chest and Spirit Chests be tradeable, sellable, stashable?

Will the new Elondria Crate contain arcanes, like the old crate?

Carapace mentioned they are tradeable. I'm going to say they will be sellable based on that.

hozukreti
06-13-2014, 05:34 PM
You make goblin event as a test for this big event, i saw feedback thread about goblin event too..and most forumer give feedback about energy system that need to change. Some also want this energy system need to removed. Some want to reduced the time of energy slot to full. Some want to add more energy slot. Some want 1 energy kit to restore all energy slot. And many more other feedback/suggestion there.

So, what did you change for this event? Or our feedback about this energy system are useless?

Capolista
06-13-2014, 05:40 PM
And when aproximately the ursoth event will launch

June, July or August ??

Haligali
06-13-2014, 05:43 PM
And when aproximately the ursoth event will launch

June, July or August ??

'in 2 weeks'

Sephiroth143
06-13-2014, 05:44 PM
As a plat user, one thin i wanna know, how much plats do u nd to finish lock & chests craftin? Is it 24 plats to finish per craftin or less?

Capolista
06-13-2014, 05:45 PM
'in 2 weeks'

Ah okay, 2 weeks for running kraken mines then ..

DMminion
06-13-2014, 05:47 PM
My bad for misinformation. Design is an iterative process and things change. We do the best we can to make accurate statements, but we're all human. Again, my apologies.

We have a lot more details about Ursoth's Assault to reveal. We learned a lot from the Goblin Event and are putting those details into place. Stuff like:

* Making the Tier Rewards exciting
* Making the Leaderboards more inclusive
* Making other ways to obtain event energy

and more.

One other details about the Elondrian Essences, they are currently planned to drop like other essences in any zone.

For now, we'll leave you with these details about Chests and Crates and have more to talk about over the coming days and weeks.

Also, given the additional work we are putting into the Ursoth's Assault event, it will be coming out a bit later than we were originally planning. No dates to announce at this point, but we'll keep you updated on that front as well.

I for one understand! We all makes mistakes. As long as you keep pushing forward and learn from your mistakes things can only get better. I do like the idea of getting better odds locked crates and I hope I can be lucky enough to see that orange mythic light up from one of the chests I open. Just one question. Will I have to keep purchasing recipe everytime I want to craft my old locks into new lock ed?

Amicusdei
06-13-2014, 05:55 PM
i have spent an awful lot of time farming crates in anticipation of any mythic event.
i hope this event works well and i give the devs the benefit of the doubt regarding this shift in how crates will work.
having said that, it sounds like a lot more work to make my crates viable, and therefore valuable, in this event. i hope this is not the case.

as a followup, when the event ends, will new mythics then be contained in plain old locked crates, like the ones i am holding now? (at normal rates ofc, no 2x chances)

as always, kudos to all devs for their patience and hard work making this game fun and accessible to all. thank you for all you do.

Hectororius
06-13-2014, 05:58 PM
All this won't matter if energy regen times and access to portals doesn't change. Waiting more than 30 for energy to regen, not dropping from normal bosses or making it free to enter a TIME LIMITED portal will make the game unplayable. Also remember that a portal spawning at any mob was not received well by anyone.

I hope and pray you find the right balance guys for all our sakes.

Archerios
06-13-2014, 06:08 PM
Can you guys split those who enter the dungeon by each tier? I mean bronze one with bronze one,silver with silver and gold with gold.Its a pain when you enter the dungeon and you meat bronze tier boss because the only one who got gold tier is only you.

Filthyness
06-13-2014, 06:13 PM
first of all will the locked grand crate of elondria be tradable , and second of all the new mythics will be around 19-23m and that's when the prices are stable ..... so if you want to farm lets say ummm yeah 5 months of farming and that if you are very lucky

jiph
06-13-2014, 06:14 PM
Ok 3 regular locks to craft elondria lock plus 5 plat to finish craft
3 locks =30k
5 plat =10k
So expect elondrian locks to be around 60k on cs can't wait

Filthyness
06-13-2014, 06:15 PM
Ok 3 regular locks to craft elondria lock plus 5 plat to finish craft
3 locks =30k
5 plat =10k
So expect elondrian locks to be around 60k on cs can't wait
i'd say 30-38k

Titanium
06-13-2014, 06:27 PM
I suggested few days ago the new crates should be a part of a crafting between 2 locks (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?158901-Locked-Grand-Crate-of-the-Watch). But the recipe thing.... sounds like a bad and pointless idea .. especially if i need a recipe for every single craft ( i hope i didnt misunderstand ).

Lol... energy kits too.

- Tarlok was one of the best events ever made. Everybody keeps mentioning it. Why we can't have something FREE like that.

- 9 MONTHS+ with no re-release of mythic weapons. I should say more?

- We capped 3months ago and we are able to get new mythic weapons in 4 months?

- All weekly events are "something" which happend 1 month ago

Let's all hold our hands and HOPE!

Haray !

aarrgggggg
06-13-2014, 07:04 PM
ok lemme see if i understand this correctly,
Step 1 buy energy
Step 2 enter portals
Step 3 collect the first kind of chest
Step 4 collect enough tokens to obtain recipe
Step 5 combine the first kind of chests together to make a "special crate"
Step 6 open the "special crate" and keep your fingers crossed

Alternatively
Step 1 buy energy
Step 2 collect special essences only found inside of portals
Step 3 collect enough tokens to purchase a recipe for locked to "special locked"
Step 4 combine 3 lockeds into 1 "special locked"
Step 5 spend 15 plat opening said "special locked" and keep fingers crossed

This sounds way too confusing and way too intricate

Oh and btw whats the point in having double odds on the new locked crates, when everyone has to combine 3 regular locked to get 1 special locked with double odds.....im not great at math but thats actually less of a chance than the original locked. oh wait noone has any choice because regular locked drop 0 new mythics

Bunny♥
06-13-2014, 07:04 PM
i wonder how much these 2x lock chest will cost in the market ...

Zeus
06-13-2014, 07:05 PM
Come on lets be honest here. You expect a lot of people to finish the crafting with plat. Crafting 5 crafts every 4 hours even with double odds isn't going to be enough to loot a mythic. So now you are basically charging people to craft these locked and open them.

I think you slightly misunderstood.

What she means is that since it is double odds, it is almost like opening two locked crates. Two locked crates cost 30 platinum to open last time I checked, correct?

These costs 23 plat in total (8 for craft, 15 for open). Thus, you're actually saving 7 platinum in a sense.

deadcobain
06-13-2014, 07:16 PM
What an expensive game.

ain't got no how whatchamacallit (kurt cobain)

Rhaindra
06-13-2014, 07:25 PM
I have bad feelin' with this event .

Sent from my GT-B5330 using Tapatalk

Twomucho
06-13-2014, 07:33 PM
So I read the post again and if I read correctly, I see that the recipe will be reward for bronze tier..does anyone remember how many points it took to reach this bronze tier or how many kits even?

siddhant
06-13-2014, 07:33 PM
energy system out plz

Rare
06-13-2014, 07:39 PM

What she means is that since it is double odds, it is almost like opening two locked crates. Two locked crates cost 30 platinum to open last time I checked, correct?

These costs 23 plat in total (8 for craft, 15 for open). Thus, you're actually saving 7 platinum in a sense.

You're forgetting the cost of essence. Any idea where these will come from?

Assuming they are like other essences and you can buy them. That's 10 plat per craft.

Assuming you CAN'T buy them for pay and have to farm them from the event map. Then you're talking the equivalent of 5 plat for energy pet run, pulling in how many essences you think? 2? 3 per map?

Will they come from normal maps?

Xyzther
06-13-2014, 07:44 PM

In the coming Ursoth's Assault Event, there will be new bosses, new items, new quests and a lot of new fun!

Part of that fun will come in the form of Chests and Crates. Here are the details:

Event Chests

Entangled Chests can drop from the first 3 bosses and contain things like armor, items, gold, and more, but do not have the chance to drop the new mythic weapons.

Spirit Chests, however, are extra special chests that drop from Ursoth (the #4 event boss) and are awarded to players when they reach Silver Tier. Spirit Chests will have a chance to drop the new mythic weapons.

Spirit Chests can also be crafted with a recipe (obtained when you reach bronze tier) allowing you to combine 3 Entangled Chests with Elondrian essences to make one Spirit Chest.

So Remiem, would it be safe to just go ahead and open my locks now if I don't plan on crafting?

deadcobain
06-13-2014, 07:46 PM

Assuming they are like other essences and you can buy them. That's 10 plat per craft.

Assuming you CAN'T buy them for pay and have to farm them from the event map. Then you're talking the equivalent of 5 plat for energy pet run, pulling in how many essences you think? 2? 3 per map?

samhayne said in this thread that the essences will come from normal zones.

falmear
06-13-2014, 07:49 PM

No I understood perfectly. It now costs you 23 plat to open one kind of locked vs 15 plat opening another kind of locked. Opening 2 old locked isn't double the chance. So this comparison doesn't hold any water. And if it costs more to open the current locked why don't they allow mythics to drop from both? When the chance is low to get a mythic, then double chance doesn't amount to that much more. And now it costs you 3 crates to craft 1 new crate so the cost is like this:

3 crates = 8k x 3 = 24k gold + 23 plat = 1 double chance
1 crate = 8k + 15 plat = 1 normal chance

So it costs more gold and more plat. The difference is your chance of looting a mythic which is not anything more significant even with the hype of "double chance". By forcing people to buy off the timer, they are reducing the number of chances you have at looting a mythic.

Zeus
06-13-2014, 07:50 PM

I don't like the system anymore than you do, but I'm trying to look at how it will work out. I highly doubt that people would run the maps for the essences. They'll probably just end up being something to stack on the side while running for loots and/or leaderboard. As long as people approach it like that instead of actively running the maps for the sole purpose of earning Locked Crates of Elondria, it should be fine.

I'm not saying that initially the prices of a Locked Crate of Elondria will not be expensive. However, after a few days, once stock builds up..they should be relatively stable prices. So, what I would suggest is to stock up on energy and crates while they are still cheap. Heck, farm some if you can. The event has not been released yet. It gives you something to do and it also allows a person to enjoy the event without using excess amounts of platinum.

Additionally, we will also be farming these maps for Entangled Chests & Elondrian Spirit Chests. From what I understand, this will actually give tokens some value. Unlike before, we were spending tokens on items that did not disappear but just stocked up. So, as the event carried on, each day was more expensive to participate in than the previous. This should not be the case in the Ursoth event, hopefully. The items that we will be spending tokens on are items that are continuously disappearing from the market!

PS:
Essences can be farmed from normal zones. So, how is this entirely bad? If one takes precautions and plays this out intelligently, it's actually a beneficial system. If you attempt to brute force it, of course it will cost you.

Strainearth
06-13-2014, 07:58 PM
So normal Locked Crate prices aren't going up on event? :(

Zeus
06-13-2014, 08:02 PM
No I understood perfectly. It now costs you 23 plat to open one kind of locked vs 15 plat opening another kind of locked. Opening 2 old locked isn't double the chance. So this comparison doesn't hold any water. And if it costs more to open the current locked why don't they allow mythics to drop from both? When the chance is low to get a mythic, then double chance doesn't amount to that much more. And now it costs you 3 crates to craft 1 new crate so the cost is like this:

So it costs more gold and more plat. The difference is your chance of looting a mythic which is not anything more significant even with the hype of "double chance". By forcing people to buy off the timer, they are reducing the number of chances you have at looting a mythic.

Falmear,

Remember when the first double mythic weekend? Remember how badly it crashed the market in just two days? Thus, it is evident that double chance on locked crates does have an effect. You can say it does not but history has shown us that it has. This system takes care of market crashing by allowing double odds for those who do not like to gamble but the cost is slower crate openings. Considering that this event is three weeks long and there is double odds, this was an intelligent move.

As for double the chance, you're right. Opening two locked crates is not double the chance in terms of arithmetic. It is two individual independent chances to loot arcane or mythic items. I knew this, but you can think of it how Remiem suggested to ease your mind. However, if that does not appeal, then you're welcome to farm Elondrian Spirit chests, no?

Also, read post #57.

Crowsfoot
06-13-2014, 08:08 PM

Event Chests

It is fantastic to see nonplat players getting so much new content. I am actually surprised at how large of a bone you have given us. An event chest that is draftable and drops mythic weapons? Wow! I really didn't see that coming.

Although, I am questioning a few things. But, I doubt they will be answered without us just waiting to see.

1)Are the new changes to the game temporary and/or in place just to test the waters? Or, are the kits, crafting opertunities, and systems that encourage time investment here to stay and be expanded upon?

2) Won't this system destroy the prices of mythic weapons?

3) (somewhat related to #2) Will the portal spawn rate be dropped, or the maximum number of portals be controlled some how?

Kakashis
06-13-2014, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the update STS! Guess I didn't make the wrong decision to panic sell all my crates afterall! Can we sell those elondrian chests after we craft them or must we open them like the tarlok Goldens?

Crowsfoot
06-13-2014, 08:17 PM
Falmear,

Remember when the first double mythic weekend? Remember how badly it crashed the market in just two days? Thus, it is evident that double chance on locked crates does have an effect. You can say it does not but history has shown us that it has. This system takes care of market crashing by allowing double odds for those who do not like to gamble but the cost is slower crate openings. Considering that this event is three weeks long and there is double odds. Thus, this was an intelligent move.

As for double the chance, you're right. Opening two locked crates is not double the chance in terms of arithmetic. It is two individual independent chances to loot arcane or mythic items. I knew this, but you can think of it like this to ease your mind. However, if you do not like that, then you're welcome to farm Elondrian Spirit chests, no?

Also, read post #57.
Termination of previous trials should be considered. So, Zeus is right that two locks does not equal one double chance crate.

This aside, here are a few economic shifts I foresee:

1) locked crates will sky rocket in price do to them being used in crafting.

2) mythic weapons will be dirt cheap do to:
-the event lasting 3 weeks
-double odds crates
-free chests with the weapons
•a crafting system to create those free chests
•lb runners emassing large quantities of these chests

3) However, this is dependent on the power of the new event items.

4) a larger impact on the economy from nonplat players.

csyui
06-13-2014, 08:26 PM
Suppose the loot rate of a mythic item from an old lock crate is 1%. Thus the loot rate of a mythic item from a new lock crate is 2%.
Let us see how we lose the chance to loot mythic after the new lock crate introduced.

We have two options now: open N new lock crate, or open 3N old one. (For example, N=3)

Option 1:
If we open 9 old lock, the chance we get at least one mythic item is
1 - 0.99*0.99*...*0.99 = 0.08648275 (Nine 0.99 involved in multication part.)

Option 2:
If we open 3 new lock, the chance we get at least one mythic item is
1 - 0.98*0.98*0.98 = 0.058808

Conclusion
For option 1, (aka. open old lock), we will get a loot with the probablity around 8.65%;
For option 2, (aka. open new lock), the probability drop to 5.88%.
Warning: You will lose 2.77% to loot mythic items by opening new lock crates.

And you may look more into the new lock from the table below:
(The percentages in the table are the chance you will lose by opening new lock instead of old one given certain values of p and N.
Obviously, we lose a lot chance to earn mythic items on these new lock crates.)

N=50

p=0.5%
13.35%
14.37%
11.66%
8.46%

p=0.6%
14.14%
13.46%
9.68%
6.24%

p=0.7%
14.55%
12.26%
7.83%
4.48%

[/TR]

p=0.8%
14.67%
10.95%
6.20%
3.16%

[/TR]

p=0.9%
14.56%
9.62%
4.85%
2.20%

[/TR]

p=1%
14.27%
8.36%
3.74%
1.52%

csyui
06-13-2014, 08:32 PM
Suppose the loot rate of a mythic item from an old lock crate is 1%. Thus the loot rate of a mythic item from a new lock crate is 2%.
Let us see how we lose the chance to loot mythic after the new lock crate introduced.

We have two options now: open N new lock crate, or open 3N old one. (For example, N=3)

Option 1:
If we open 9 old lock, the chance we get at least one mythic item is
1 - 0.99*0.99*...*0.99 = 0.08648275 (Nine 0.99 involved in multication part.)

Option 2:
If we open 3 new lock, the chance we get at least one mythic item is
1 - 0.98*0.98*0.98 = 0.058808

Conclusion
For option 1, (aka. open old lock), we will get a loot with the probablity around 8.65%;
For option 2, (aka. open new lock), the probability drop to 5.88%.
Warning: You will lose 2.77% to loot mythic items by opening 3 new lock crates.

And you may look more into the new lock from the table below:
(The percentages in the table are the chance you will lose by opening new lock instead of old one given certain values of p and N.
Obviously, we lose a lot chance to earn mythic items on these new lock crates.)

N=50

p=0.5%
13.35%
14.37%
11.66%
8.46%

p=0.6%
14.14%
13.46%
9.68%
6.24%

p=0.7%
14.55%
12.26%
7.83%
4.48%

[/TR]

p=0.8%
14.67%
10.95%
6.20%
3.16%

[/TR]

p=0.9%
14.56%
9.62%
4.85%
2.20%

[/TR]

p=1%
14.27%
8.36%
3.74%
1.52%

How to lower the loot loss we gain from new lock? We can see an easy solution from the table, To Open More Lock Crates. :eagerness:
Great job, STS.

Hoardseeker
06-13-2014, 08:56 PM
Da bear!

karrdath
06-13-2014, 09:18 PM
I don't know if this has been answered but will the spirt chest drop arcane also?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Jig
06-13-2014, 09:40 PM
Everything is fine, I think, besides I don't like the crafting locks, this is pretty bad guys, all the plat used to open+ craft for double odds? That's gonna be MORE expensive then normal.

Come on.... :/

Zeus
06-13-2014, 09:52 PM
Everything is fine, I think, besides I don't like the crafting locks, this is pretty bad guys, all the plat used to open+ craft for double odds? That's gonna be MORE expensive then normal.

Come on.... :/

If that doesn't happen, be prepared for a market crash. The last time they gave out a free double odds, the market completely crashed.

Jig
06-13-2014, 09:58 PM
If that doesn't happen, be prepared for a market crash. The last time they gave out a free double odds, the market completely crashed.

Wow really...? What type of market crash how does that happen? O.o

Sorry I wasn't here at the last double odds for crates..

Otahaanak
06-13-2014, 10:01 PM
It means that, god forbid, more people would be able to afford the new and old mythics.

rockllee
06-13-2014, 10:12 PM
3locked --> 1 locked elondria

Erza Scarlet
06-13-2014, 10:54 PM
Can we resell those lock grand crate of elondria?

Luciano Lobo
06-13-2014, 11:00 PM
Are we able to loot the Elondrian essences from any map or just the event map?

Sceazikua
06-13-2014, 11:16 PM
If you are against the energy system, please understand for STS :) We know they learned a lesson from the goblin event through the mass amount of negative feedback, so we all want energy to be eliminated. But it isnt possible. How to deal with those unused energy kits? People spent platinum (AKA real money) on it or gold on it, how would it be fair if it just suddenly be useless or magically disapears? We should better try to suggest things to change energy (like timer, maximum amount etc) not complain about its existence :)

And Im glad to hear this

Making other ways to obtain event energy
I just hope its not open crate to get a kit. Please make it more viable, like drop from normal zones too so we farmer can farm for it, not just use all 3 and cant play anymore :)

Azemen
06-13-2014, 11:29 PM
Will the items from spirit chests scale to your level like in the Tarlok event?

Zylx
06-13-2014, 11:30 PM
Yusshhhhhhhh

Thank you for allowing elondrian crates to be crafted from regular crates. We needed something to help (at least temporarily) drain the surplus of locked crates from the market.

Uikuha
06-13-2014, 11:34 PM
Change the energy system.. add more slot and decrease the time

Sorry my English

jeocapat
06-13-2014, 11:50 PM
Energy system is the only problem at this point.
Good job on the crate system without going into major details because i am too tired to write right now, it is really well balanced.
Put the essences everywhere around arlor and make the recipe very cheap or expensive but last forever and we are friends like before.

Btw why is support so dan slow??

ishr
06-14-2014, 12:01 AM
this is gonna be awesome :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana::banana:

Energizeric
06-14-2014, 12:20 AM

During previous mythic weapons weekends, locked crates were not 8k, but more like 20k+ each. The desire for mythic weapons will set the price of both old, new, or whatever crates and chests are released.

Sorry to be very critical here, but this kind of understanding of economics is what brings us inflation like that in Zimbabwe a few years ago. Gold is just a commodity like everything else. Price of items change based on supply and demand. It's not just supply. Demand plays a huge part.

So it doesn't really matter what they do with the locked crates. The gold factor is a non issue here. If instead of this new system, they announced that current locked crates had 100x chance of mythic weapons, then tomorrow when you wake up these crates would be selling for 100k each, and then the mythic weapons would end up being worth 1m or less.

The purpose of the proposed system is to make sure the mythic weapons stay as rare as necessary for them to be called mythic rarity, and also to make sure that STS still earns enough plat from the event. Sure STS would make more money in plat sales if they allowed the new mythic weapons to come from regular locked crates. So that being the case, perhaps you should ask yourself why they would turn down additional dollars and instead force players to merge their locked crates together to reduce the number of locked being opened by two thirds. Just the fact that they are doing this should tell you it is an important economy management issue. It would be very easy for them to ignore this and allow all the locked crates to be opened for huge amounts of plat. They are taking the high road here.

Like never before, players are hoarding locked crates in huge numbers. And if they were all to be opened tomorrow, the amount of mythic and arcane items that would result would flood the market and drive prices way way down. They are actually conceding this point by forcing us to eliminate some of the locked willingly. Think about that before you criticize.

Energizeric
06-14-2014, 12:23 AM
BTW, in my opinion this plan is well thought out and will work very well. Good job STS!

Now I'm just waiting to see how the new arcane pet fits in....

Ansm
06-14-2014, 12:24 AM
Yaaaayy! It'll be ffuunn! but 3 normal locks and an Elondrian Essences for Locked Crate of Elondrian... hmm.. I better save dozen of locks now, I just got "Whaaatt? -.-" again?" when I saw that we need energy kits again to enter the portal. -_- but still.. It'll be ffuunn! I'm so excited to open Locked Crate of Elondrian! I wish.. I'll be lucky in this Event. Goodluck :D

Trenton
06-14-2014, 12:25 AM
Do the new Elondrian crates still have regular chances to drop Arcanes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Instanthumor
06-14-2014, 12:30 AM
Remember, you're customers should come first. Always. I stocked crates for nothing.

Crowsfoot
06-14-2014, 12:43 AM
Do the new Elondrian crates still have regular chances to drop Arcanes?

Sounds like they only carry myth weapons.

Trenton
06-14-2014, 12:46 AM
Sounds like they only carry myth weapons.
If they only carry mythic weapons, wouldn't that make it too easy to loot one?

ALlIsWell
06-14-2014, 12:46 AM
Crate of elondia is locked? awwww
Again an event to enjoy for plat users.

Jonnymaynard
06-14-2014, 12:55 AM
Any plans to make the portals that spawn in maps free to enter ? Otherwise u finaly make this game pay to play

Mucsi
06-14-2014, 01:00 AM
Falmear,

Remember when the first double mythic weekend? Remember how badly it crashed the market in just two days? Thus, it is evident that double chance on locked crates does have an effect. You can say it does not but history has shown us that it has. This system takes care of market crashing by allowing double odds for those who do not like to gamble but the cost is slower crate openings. Considering that this event is three weeks long and there is double odds, this was an intelligent move. #57.

Read what you wrote! Thats why the rich become more richer, poor still poor

ancestor
06-14-2014, 01:11 AM
Make Energy EssencEs That Drop From Trash Mobs And Only Take 1 Hour To Craft. Problem Solved....

Energizeric
06-14-2014, 01:11 AM
Remember, you're customers should come first. Always. I stocked crates for nothing.

Hey buddy, I gave you some good merching advice earlier this week, remember?

Well, trust me on this, you will NOT be sorry that you stocked up on crates.

Haligali
06-14-2014, 01:13 AM
If you are against the energy system, please understand for STS :) We know they learned a lesson from the goblin event through the mass amount of negative feedback, so we all want energy to be eliminated. But it isnt possible. How to deal with those unused energy kits? People spent platinum (AKA real money) on it or gold on it, how would it be fair if it just suddenly be useless or magically disapears? We should better try to suggest things to change energy (like timer, maximum amount etc) not complain about its existence :)

And Im glad to hear this

I just hope its not open crate to get a kit. Please make it more viable, like drop from normal zones too so we farmer can farm for it, not just use all 3 and cant play anymore :)

Why it isnt possible? It was a TEST event they said, energy failed, so remove it. It just so simple. People will understand, who spent platinum on a TEST event, that their energy kits will be not used anymore, npc can convert it to gold, problem solved.

cookiehunterx
06-14-2014, 01:15 AM
When is update?

sorry for my english

Anyona
06-14-2014, 01:26 AM
Quick question, does the Elondrian Chest have the same odds as a normal locked or a elite golden?

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

Haligali
06-14-2014, 01:27 AM
It is fantastic to see nonplat players getting so much new content. I am actually surprised at how large of a bone you have given us. An event chest that is draftable and drops mythic weapons? Wow! I really didn't see that coming.

You could loot mythic weapons free from elite gold chest before, this is nothing different. What i dont like that you need to be plat/gold rich to participate on an energy system event.

Eski
06-14-2014, 01:28 AM

...funny...
You didnt learn a lot .. as i see,you still wanna use that energy ball system.. i know its f2p and you need to make enough profit for the next event/expansion...but YOU STG know that no one wants that energy ball system ! Rem said that it will be in the next event ,im dissapointed

Khairi
06-14-2014, 01:31 AM
Im eager for this as im hoarding lots of lockeds ! Woo

Prahasit Prahi
06-14-2014, 01:33 AM
Amazing.

Prahi

Energizeric
06-14-2014, 01:42 AM
Why it isnt possible? It was a TEST event they said, energy failed, so remove it. It just so simple. People will understand, who spent platinum on a TEST event, that their energy kits will be not used anymore, npc can convert it to gold, problem solved.

The energy system is the same as the Tarlok event provided that energy balls drop from non-event bosses. Sam seems to indicate in his post that this will happen this time around.

During Tarlok, we all went around killing regular bosses hoping to find a portal. Now we will be doing the same thing but instead of looking for portals, we will be hoping to get an energy drop. So no difference there.

And when we do find an energy, we can enter a portal at any time since they are accessible in town. So I don't really see any difference here. I kind of like this system.

falmear
06-14-2014, 01:46 AM
Remember when the first double mythic weekend? Remember how badly it crashed the market in just two days? Thus, it is evident that double chance on locked crates does have an effect. You can say it does not but history has shown us that it has. This system takes care of market crashing by allowing double odds for those who do not like to gamble but the cost is slower crate openings. Considering that this event is three weeks long and there is double odds, this was an intelligent move.

Yes and this event has nothing to do with double mythic weekend which was done previously. Previously all crates in the game had double odds this is why the market crashed not because of double odds. And only when all crates in the game have a higher chance would there be an affect. Because people have the same number of chances but higher odds. Now there is 2/3rd less crates in the game which can loot mythics. So effectively you lost 66% of your attempts to only get a double chance. Its an intelligent move for STS and not the average player because they reduce the number of crates in the game there by decreasing your number of attempts by 66% and increasing the cost to open a crate to buy off yet another timer. Also those who choose to sell their crates and not open crates are not likely to buy off the timer so they have to sit and wait and potentially miss out as the market fluctuates between highs and lows. And no way you can keep up with those who are paying off the timer. So this is basically pay to win when you consider yet another option for gold manufacturing.

As for double the chance, you're right. Opening two locked crates is not double the chance in terms of arithmetic. It is two individual independent chances to loot arcane or mythic items. I knew this, but you can think of it how Remiem suggested to ease your mind. However, if that does not appeal, then you're welcome to farm Elondrian Spirit chests, no?

Also because the number of attempts are reduced by 66% you have less attempts at looting an arcane now. Because assuming these new crates will drop arcane items, this means that you're getting less of an opportunity to loot an arcane. And yes anyone is welcome not to play this content too and not play AL at all. Which is sounding like more of an option for a number of people I talk to.

SacredKnight
06-14-2014, 01:54 AM
Selling Crates......
Bought them for 5k each...lets see how much money I can make....
>;3

ancestor
06-14-2014, 02:04 AM
Selling Crates......
Bought them for 5k each...lets see how much money I can make....
>;3

Ill Buy Them All 7K Right Now :)

Brollysaiyan
06-14-2014, 02:06 AM
Can we join with 1 2 3 5 plat to boss like tarlok ?
for example i will use 5 plat for join 4# boss

falmear
06-14-2014, 03:00 AM
During previous mythic weapons weekends, locked crates were not 8k, but more like 20k+ each. The desire for mythic weapons will set the price of both old, new, or whatever crates and chests are released.

This event is like 3 weeks not a weekend. More comparable is the last 2 mythic events which ran 1 week or more. And locked prices were never 20k+ during these. So I don't see the point of bringing up mythic weekend when it has no relevance to this. These new crates will be expensive because a lack of supply and high demand. And at the very least they will cost 3x the cost of existing crates because it costs 3 crates to make them. This is the point I was making, but I expect these new crates to cost significantly more.

So it doesn't really matter what they do with the locked crates. The gold factor is a non issue here. If instead of this new system, they announced that current locked crates had 100x chance of mythic weapons, then tomorrow when you wake up these crates would be selling for 100k each, and then the mythic weapons would end up being worth 1m or less.

Now you resort to using strawman argument, which doesn't even apply. Because they reduced the number of crates by 66% that could loot mythics because it costs 3 crates to make one with "double chance". If they gave you 100x chance then it would cost you 150 crates to make 1 crate. Currently in CS there is 565 crates, so if you bought every single crate you could only make 3 with 100x chance. So how would that make it go to 1m or less? Your argument doesn't make any sense.

Like never before, players are hoarding locked crates in huge numbers. And if they were all to be opened tomorrow, the amount of mythic and arcane items that would result would flood the market and drive prices way way down. They are actually conceding this point by forcing us to eliminate some of the locked willingly. Think about that before you criticize.

Instead of just artificially reducing the number of crates by giving us the same content. They should offer more content to give us more reasons to open crates.

jeocapat
06-14-2014, 03:24 AM
Erm Erm to the economy experts complaining about new mythics flooding the market and justifying this system which at the end if you observe well makes everyone loot less mythics overall i just want to say nobody, at least 90/ 95% of AL, is gonna feel sad or complain if the mythic market crash or mythics get looted in abundance during the event. That would mean more players can have access to it and that is good while on the other hand if the drop rate is kept extremely rare or just rare its gonna be a big problem cause we all know the rich and most influential players have long hands and can easily manipulate the prices of items with low quantity...see arcane ring *coff* *coff*..

Said this everyday is not christmas and sts needs to make their profit too. I believe it will be greatly appreciated by them if majority of us don't always forget that almighty money makes everything on the globe rotate at the moment...this crate system is good cause it decently merge f2p and p2w to a passable result at least compared to the slaps we recieved from the so called goblin test event the crate system looks like a gentle touch.

Nobody really cares if mythics are looted in abundance except Zeus, Energizeric and a couple other mercs. Majority of AL players that just farm their b* off for a living would be happy to see some sanity priced mythics ,and not just at the end of the season when they are near to useless, once in a while not only because this mythics look like they will be dc after the event but mainly because of the miserable low prices the legendary items the rich players told the poors to go farm and sell in order to have money for their mythics worth.

If i wasnt clear the legendary loots worth nothing compared to what manipulated mythic items will cost doubles odds or fake double odds.

Gesaffelstein
06-14-2014, 04:01 AM
Event Chests

Will spirit chests also have an increased chance in dropping the 'better' armor/items, compared to entangled?

Titanium
06-14-2014, 04:06 AM
If I haven't opened all my Elondrian Crates before the event is over, do i get to keep them, or will it turn back into three regular crates?

Farz
06-14-2014, 04:19 AM
Make one recipe for all characters in that account!

Andrisber
06-14-2014, 04:29 AM
How many plats needed to open one locked event crate?

Ansm
06-14-2014, 04:32 AM
I wish the drop of New Mythic Weapons in Locked Grand Crate of Elondrian will not be that rare. cause its like.. we're just wasting a Regular Lock *3 REGULAR LOCKS* just for nothing T-T and.. 15 plats also. Goodluck to all the Plats Users. *goodluck to me -_-.*

Ansm
06-14-2014, 04:32 AM
How many plats needed to open one locked event crate?

15 plats. just like ur opening a Regular Locked Crates :)

Newcomx
06-14-2014, 05:07 AM
Erm Erm to the economy experts complaining about new mythics flooding the market and justifying this system which at the end if you observe well makes everyone loot less mythics overall i just want to say nobody, at least 90/ 95% of AL, is gonna feel sad or complain if the mythic market crash or mythics get looted in abundance during the event. That would mean more players can have access to it and that is good while on the other hand if the drop rate is kept extremely rare or just rare its gonna be a big problem cause we all know the rich and most influential players have long hands and can easily manipulate the prices of items with low quantity...see arcane ring *coff* *coff*..

Said this everyday is not christmas and sts needs to make their profit too. I believe it will be greatly appreciated by them if majority of us don't always forget that almighty money makes everything on the globe rotate at the moment...this crate system is good cause it decently merge f2p and p2w to a passable result at least compared to the slaps we recieved from the so called goblin test event the crate system looks like a gentle touch.

Nobody really cares if mythics are looted in abundance except Zeus, Energizeric and a couple other mercs. Majority of AL players that just farm their b* off for a living would be happy to see some sanity priced mythics ,and not just at the end of the season when they are near to useless, once in a while not only because this mythics look like they will be dc after the event but mainly because of the miserable low prices the legendary items the rich players told the poors to go farm and sell in order to have money for their mythics worth.

If i wasnt clear the legendary loots worth nothing compared to what manipulated mythic items will cost doubles odds or fake double odds.

I only care locked and malison egg prices, never opened unless got free plat, because locked my main source of Gold :D

Haligali
06-14-2014, 05:07 AM
The energy system is the same as the Tarlok event provided that energy balls drop from non-event bosses. Sam seems to indicate in his post that this will happen this time around.

During Tarlok, we all went around killing regular bosses hoping to find a portal. Now we will be doing the same thing but instead of looking for portals, we will be hoping to get an energy drop. So no difference there.

And when we do find an energy, we can enter a portal at any time since they are accessible in town. So I don't really see any difference here. I kind of like this system.

There is a big difference, i cannot invite my friends if i found portal. I remember i became such popular when i wrote "Dragon" on guild chat during tarlok. And people invited me back, i invited the ones who invited me before, it was a never ending fun.
Portals now basically useless and should have removed to a fixed location.

Geraus
06-14-2014, 05:15 AM
This will not only cost 15 plats per opening but a lot more. To hoard a lot of this new crate you need to use platinum for crafting timer, making this new crate super expensive, not only it will consume 3 crate but it will also consume another 15 plats for crafting timer.

Giuewek
06-14-2014, 05:22 AM
What was the point of the goblin event feedback thread if you just ignored the feedback you were getting regarding energy, and only decided to put in updates for the event that widens the gap further for non plat users and plat users.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

ALlIsWell
06-14-2014, 05:24 AM

...funny...
You didnt learn a lot .. as i see,you still wanna use that energy ball system.. i know its f2p and you need to make enough profit for the next event/expansion...but YOU STG know that no one wants that energy ball system ! Rem said that it will be in the next event ,im dissapointed
same here....

Geraus
06-14-2014, 05:38 AM
same here....
Energy ball, Crafting locked chest. As I see it, it all requires platinum. I am expecting the new locked chest will drop from bosses for the new mythic to be rarer. Now it can be crafted by just using 3 old locked chest? there are several thousands of crates being farmed every hour. Using a common crate as ingredient such as lock crate is one of your biggest mistakes to begin with. Expect that in the first day there are more than 10 weapons already and you call mythic items rare.

Mrwolfla
06-14-2014, 05:38 AM
Hello,
Average player here who spends hours for like 2 or more months farming and buying locked hoping that one day mythics will come and I'll be able to maybe loot one or sell the locked for higher price. Maybe even double my gold. But guess what? I read the forums about this new ursoths assault, possibly everything about locked and mythics, and it clearly stated. "Current Locked Crates will be transformed into the special event crates. When the event ends, they will be changed back to normal." and I was so happy when I saw that cause I knew hours and a lot of gold wasn't wasted. But then all of the sudden, you change it again! Now it takes 3 locked to make 1? This is stupid and I'm ticked off because I spend almost all of my gold and time into locked after you've assured I'll be fine, but then you basically ruin everything by posting this. Thanks for lying! Why even ask us in other threads for our feedback when you don't even listen to the main complaints! Be sure to never spend another dime on this cause you guys lied about 2 times! Thanks again STS!

Okatare
06-14-2014, 06:28 AM
As 99% forumers find energy system bad and asked to remove it... does this smiley mean you dont read feedback? :-\

radiking
06-14-2014, 06:46 AM
my 10 cents .. i am not against the new system seems to be interesting but the energy system well reduce the timer is the best option..i have talk to players and Many players already are ready to quit..If the energy saga continues.. So think of losing potential costumers.. I am a merchant well for the rarity part is the old mythics will go dirty cheap and the new mythics too expensive.. So plat buyers gets everything average player stuggles day and night buy something decent..even then not every one own mythics.. actually the crash of the market was due to the bug thank u sts locked were looting for 3 days like crazy until then it was going well.. dont forget that.. and it took almost like 3-4 months for the market to stabilize the locked prices and then the luck elixers made available to trade a boon for average players like me even crashed the market as it is 100 times easier to loot locked .. 2x mythics ain t gonna hurt coz the event is just once in 4 months or maybe more and the availablitiy of mythics is lesser than u can expect for the demand .. the whole point is please make it feasible for both plat and players who can t buy plats like me for example my debit card is not accepted by google ..when i had the chance i have bought plats..i do agree about the energy bought by people..but thats say 20% players against 80% players who bought energy with gold making them poorer day by day.. and the loot was too rare that legendary egg costs more than mythic egg what can say about that? :) an example would be ripmaw .. it sells cheaper than gyrm .. probably a day will come ripmaw will cost 100k coz there will be no one to buy it .. lol.

max dragon king
06-14-2014, 06:50 AM
I just hope that everyone can play freely without energy,i am really looking forward to this

Samhayne
06-14-2014, 06:52 AM
To reiterate, we haven't released details about other changes, including energy, leaderboards and tier rewards.

Thanks for your patience.

Nehul Tyagi
06-14-2014, 07:28 AM
Hello all,
I read all this and thought of nothing all so confusing, some r justifying one point and some another.
Well as a non plate player I know one thing I m getting a chance to sell my locks around 50k each(new) which right now worth 8*3=24k and I m also getting chance to try my lucky by getting eldoring chest for mythic...well about energy..we all r anticipating...y not we just wait and see sts stand.....y we r in such a rush.....they r giving us all happy times in last few years ...so keep ur belive in them and be positive...
THANK YOU STS

Now just launch it soon

Amicusdei
06-14-2014, 07:59 AM
opening any number of crates should not increase odds of finding mythics if odds are fixed.
a coin flip is 50/50 no matter how many times you flip it. stat nerds feel free to eviscerate me on this.

as a casual player, i would like a new mythic weapon, but i will not open locks to find it.
if crates skyrocket (hopefully) and new mythics are cheap (hopefully), then good for me.
the economy will recover eventually if it takes a hit at all.
while it recovers, i will be enjoying my new gear, considering it will be quite awhile before any new stuff comes out.

serious endgamers and leaderboarders (ultra rich) should care less than anyone.
bad economies have less impact on the super rich b/c they are more insulated from the effects.
not that it doesn't hurt, but if i have millions vs hundreds, high prices affect me less, just like irl.
the ones who are capped out on gold will suffer the most, and i don't like that at all.
as prices increasingly approach the gold cap (inflation), even the rich will suffer for it.
i hope that is pretty far away, otherwise there is no incentive to achieve that kind of wealth.

maybe i am way off on all this, but for the long run, i think STS has taken many things into consideration.
as i have said before, what incentive is there to destroy their own game?

RDX
06-14-2014, 08:41 AM
already dead in excitement..phoooohh

Counterhit ph
06-14-2014, 08:50 AM
Bro remiem, when will the event start? :)

Kingofninjas
06-14-2014, 08:52 AM
If locked crates can be crafted, I fee that elite golden (dragonscale) chests should also be able to be crafted into elondrian spirit chests as they too have been known to drop mythic weapons in the past mythic events.

Also has the energy problem been fixed in any way? I would like to see energy either completely removed or farmable easily ( maybe as rare as essences )

Sfubi
06-14-2014, 08:57 AM
We have two choices here.

1) Say thank you for the information and go back to enjoying the game in our own personal way.

2) Run in circles scream and shout.

Both results will have the same effect to the upcoming event.

My thanks to all at sts for the current press release. I look forward to the next press release!

Zeus
06-14-2014, 09:08 AM
I was not aware there would be a plat cost to craft 3 locked into one new double odds locked. If 8 plat to craft is accurate, wouldnt the savings be 22 plat? 3 locked x 15 plat = 45 plat, 45 plat - 23 plat = 22 plat savings.

There's either a plat cost or 4 hour wait time to craft 3 locked into one new Elondrian Locked Crate of the Grand Watch. Remiem is saying since it's double odds, it's like you're opening two crates in one. Statistically, it is the same if you take out the gold cost required for an Elondrian Locked Crate of the Grand Watch. So, essentially, if the normal odds were 1/200..now they would be 1/100.

If they made it triple odds, then yes, you could view it as 22 plat savings providing that the craft time or craft buy off timer remained the same.

Kingofninjas
06-14-2014, 09:09 AM
Something that everyone seems to be forgetting i that mythic weapons will NOT drop from normal crates. So no matter how many you open, you won't loot a mythic weapon.
So the calculations now become - 3 locked with NO chance of mythic weapons becomes locked with double chance of looting mythic weapon than one would have of looting a mythic item from a normal locked.

Everyone re-calculate the prices :biggrin:

utpal
06-14-2014, 10:16 AM
now Sam said that elondrian essences (for crafting LOCK2) may drop all over arlor ,
one can get rich by farming km3 all day.

km3 drops alot essences and also locks per 2/3 runs. and one will craft 5 elondrian locks ( will require15 locks total) and farm km3 simultaneously.

so one can get 5+ locks in 1-1.5hrs.
so in 4hrs one will get 15+ locks
and also after 4hrs elondrian locks will be finished.
and then again the process of crafting locks and farming begins.

worshiped
06-14-2014, 10:17 AM
Are we clear when this event will launch?
Is it soon?

utpal
06-14-2014, 10:22 AM
so the hardcore km3 farmers will produce 5elondrian locks after every 4hrs.
so it will cost 30k minimum.
the price will rise if luck kits rises

Dex Scene
06-14-2014, 11:17 AM
Awesome

—AshDex

Sorcerie
06-14-2014, 11:31 AM
Well this crates system is certainly similar to the one they used during Tarlock - you can loot a lower level chest from one of the four available bosses and so long as you have the recipe you can craft a crate of high value up to the double odds locked of Elondria, which will naturally be the most sought after crate for the poppers and the most profitable for the farmers.

The bone they threw the free players is the Spirit Chest which will have current locked odds for getting a mythic weapon for free, which is cool - those will be far and few between, but at least there is a chance and with some luck you get one. I can live with that.

The major issue will be how the energy system will be tweaked - will we be able to farm energy from world bosses this time? If so, this is a clear and mindful step in the right direction for the free players who were left in the cold and forced to pay for energy for entries or wait it out for 8 hours during the goblin event.

The other will be the leaderboard. Will everyone get a fair chance to get on it without having to go broke IRL and IG? or will this leaderboard be another pay to win extravaganza for plat and gold ballers?

Raregem
06-14-2014, 11:37 AM
To reiterate, we haven't released details about other changes, including energy, leaderboards and tier rewards.

Thanks for your patience.

Maybe the next update can be about energy.. I think that is the major thing that has us all raising our pitchforks in the air. For me personally it's my biggest concern with the next event.

laseule
06-14-2014, 12:47 PM
It seems nice for now c:

Energizeric
06-14-2014, 12:48 PM
There is a big difference, i cannot invite my friends if i found portal. I remember i became such popular when i wrote "Dragon" on guild chat during tarlok. And people invited me back, i invited the ones who invited me before, it was a never ending fun.
Portals now basically useless and should have removed to a fixed location.

Yes, good point. During Tarlok, if you were in a busy guild, you could just sit there and do nothing and once every 5 or 10 minutes you could get yourself invited to a portal and get a free ride along. Now you must actually work and farm for the energy balls. I suppose that is a big difference. I guess we disagree on whether it's a good difference or not.

Energizeric
06-14-2014, 12:51 PM
This will not only cost 15 plats per opening but a lot more. To hoard a lot of this new crate you need to use platinum for crafting timer, making this new crate super expensive, not only it will consume 3 crate but it will also consume another 15 plats for crafting timer.

I don't know why you would need to do that. Why the rush? The even lasts for 3 weeks. Let's suppose it takes you one week to get the recipe. Then you have 2 weeks to craft. Remiem said the crafting time for the locked crate is 4 hours. You have 5 crafting slots. If you keep them busy, that means you can craft 90 regular crates per day into 30 event crates. That means in the 14 days remaining in the event, you could craft 1260 regular crates (if you have that many) into 420 event crates. And if that is not enough, use an alt to double that amount.

Kakashis
06-14-2014, 01:02 PM
Imagine it also took 10 elondrian essences to craft 3 locked into one elondrian locked lol. This will be interesting, but if it takes an average player a week+ to reach gold tier, this event will fail. I'm glad I sold all my locked, but I'll start farming some more. Good luck to those players with over a thousand crates hoping to offload them at this event! Price is already crashing. I highly doubt elondrian crates will be worth that much.

Speedofsound
06-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Well I have been farming km3 for over a year and yes it is great to be able to make more gold in there now, but I am not going to because km3 simply has no fun aspect to it anymore. Instead of wasting 3 weeks in km3 I am going to jump into new games considering there is an energy system and I will most likely have little time to run the event without buying kits with gold or plat. This energy system turned me off and it is making me want to stop playing this game especially since it looks like stg is very very plat hungry now and I only see it getting worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cookiehunterx
06-14-2014, 01:06 PM

Why cant this event aoso as tarlok
Had fun to hunt portals:)
I hate this energy events, it costs much gold/plat
:(

sorry for my english

Energizeric
06-14-2014, 01:08 PM

What you don't realize is if mythics become cheap, then the elite legendary items that those players farm will become pretty worthless and they will have no way to farm anymore as the potions and luck elixirs will cost as much as the loot is worth.

Right now you can farm for magma claymores that are worth hundreds of thousands of gold. If the new mythic weapons end up being worth 1-2m as the level 31 mythic weapons were worth after the price crash in season 4, then you can expect the magma claymore to be worth 50k at best. But if you keep the mythic weapon prices higher like the level 36 mythic weapons were in season 5, then you can expect the magma weapons to retain their value.

Unfortunately you are going up against the rules of economics here. You all want expensive loot to farm, but cheap mythic and arcane prices. Unfortunately that is impossible and cannot happen no matter what STS does. They tried the "cheap mythics" route during season 4, and the result was that elite farming came to a halt and tons of players got bored and quit. Back in season 4 if you were a rogue, you could buy a mythic bow for 1.5-2m, and if you couldn't afford that then you could buy a bonechill bow, which was almost as good, for about 2k. So then why would anyone want to farm for elite legendary weapons?

Remember that while we do have these fun events, more than half of the time there will be no event and the game still has to be playable these other times. Mythic does not mean the stats are good. Mythic is a color rarity, meaning they are more rare. That is what the colors mean. If it was more common, then it would not be mythic.

Fauksuras
06-14-2014, 01:25 PM
It means that, god forbid, more people would be able to afford the new and old mythics.

Haha, yeah, may the Divines forbid people actually being able to afford stuff without spending their money on plats!

Vikkadin
06-14-2014, 01:34 PM
Rem or Sam, will elondian locked crates have a chance to loot arcane eggs and arcane weapons/shards?

pengetahuan
06-14-2014, 02:12 PM
I dont want the ENERGY SYSTEM !!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Mihu
06-14-2014, 02:29 PM
Pls stop crying about energy system, its good bcs then drops keep their value. We all saw how low winter event stuff went..
im not rich but i had few mils before goblin event and i tripled my gold during the event.. so buy those energys, reach gold tier and start looting:) its worth it!

jeocapat
06-14-2014, 02:47 PM
What you don't realize is if mythics become cheap, then the elite legendary items that those players farm will become pretty worthless and they will have no way to farm anymore as the potions and luck elixirs will cost as much as the loot is worth.

Right now you can farm for magma claymores that are worth hundreds of thousands of gold. If the new mythic weapons end up being worth 1-2m as the level 31 mythic weapons were worth after the price crash in season 4, then you can expect the magma claymore to be worth 50k at best. But if you keep the mythic weapon prices higher like the level 36 mythic weapons were in season 5, then you can expect the magma weapons to retain their value.

Unfortunately you are going up against the rules of economics here. You all want expensive loot to farm, but cheap mythic and arcane prices. Unfortunately that is impossible and cannot happen no matter what STS does. They tried the "cheap mythics" route during season 4, and the result was that elite farming came to a halt and tons of players got bored and quit. Back in season 4 if you were a rogue, you could buy a mythic bow for 1.5-2m, and if you couldn't afford that then you could buy a bonechill bow, which was almost as good, for about 2k. So then why would anyone want to farm for elite legendary weapons?

Remember that while we do have these fun events, more than half of the time there will be no event and the game still has to be playable these other times. Mythic does not mean the stats are good. Mythic is a color rarity, meaning they are more rare. That is what the colors mean. If it was more common, then it would not be mythic.
Its you that don't understand. I am not mythics should become cheap i am saying their prices should be kept in range with the current value of the legendary items. If the legendary items were worth lots of gold then the mythic could have been rare/extremely rare no problem and even though a handful of players managed to manipulate the prices it wouldnt matter..but.....

The current legendaries have dropped so low in price you would probably have to loot 20/30 of the best type to be able to obtain a mythic weapon. GOODLUCK WITH THAT.
Add the mythics seem to be discontinued add they will be the best if not one of best weapons for pvp and you obtain a easily influenceable mythic market that ends up like the arcane ring market. Prices sky rocket and the poor farmer is left disoriented with his 600k sword.

The drop rate must be abundant in other to give a low rooftop to the mythic items hoping their prices stay not too near and not too far from the legendary loots.

Ogani
06-14-2014, 03:03 PM

Event Chests

Turns out to be less aye.....

Zeus
06-14-2014, 03:09 PM
Its you that don't understand. I am not mythics should become cheap i am saying their prices should be kept in range with the current value of the legendary items. If the legendary items were worth lots of gold then the mythic could have been rare/extremely rare no problem and even though a handful of players managed to manipulate the prices it wouldnt matter..but.....

The current legendaries have dropped so low in price you would probably have to loot 20/30 of the best type to be able to obtain a mythic weapon. GOODLUCK WITH THAT.
Add the mythics seem to be discontinued add they will be the best if not one of best weapons for pvp and you obtain a easily influenceable mythic market that ends up like the arcane ring market. Prices sky rocket and the poor farmer is left disoriented with his 600k sword.

The drop rate must be abundant in other to give a low rooftop to the mythic items hoping their prices stay not too near and not too far from the legendary loots.

You get 3 free energies per 8 hours, not including the ones you loot (per character). So, if you have 5 characters, that is around sixty free runs per day (assuming that you do not loot any energy balls).

So, please tell me, how is this a bad thing? Free players can still enjoy the event completely for free, but if they want to participate on the leaderboards, they will need to spend some gold.

The double odds crates would curb the amount of crates that platinum users would open. Isn't that a good thing? Or, perhaps, when free users finally loot one out of a spirit chest, they want it to be worthless due to the crazy amount of locked crates platinum users spent. Maybe I'm just not seeing it but I see the system as granting double odds to platinum users at a higher cost of platinum for them per crate.

xxxricexxx
06-14-2014, 03:11 PM
It would be cool if we can ride our pets that would be so awesome

epicrrr
06-14-2014, 03:22 PM

finally something to remove those locks from everyones hoarding inventory.

sink those locks :)

falmear
06-14-2014, 03:25 PM
I don't know why you would need to do that. Why the rush? The even lasts for 3 weeks. Let's suppose it takes you one week to get the recipe. Then you have 2 weeks to craft. Remiem said the crafting time for the locked crate is 4 hours. You have 5 crafting slots. If you keep them busy, that means you can craft 90 regular crates per day into 30 event crates. That means in the 14 days remaining in the event, you could craft 1260 regular crates (if you have that many) into 420 event crates. And if that is not enough, use an alt to double that amount.

You need 10 new Elondrian Essences to craft one new locked. These drop at the same rate at current essences. So going by your example you would need to loot 4200 Elondrian Essences. Check the announcement & chat box archive for this information. Also these essences will not be purchasable. So for the average person its not going to be possible to craft many crates. So your example isn't valid and wrong because it doesn't account for the time required every 4 hours you need to spend farming Elondrian Essences.

Shiro
06-14-2014, 03:27 PM
I was thinking, if you can craft an Elondrian crate with 3 regular crates, and the process needs crafting recipe bought with tokens that can be bought with plats plus the elondrian essences that can drop from normal maps, then it would be too simple to obtain mythics if you have enough plats, crates, and time to farm for the essences. Other than the perceived fun and curiosity, if I just want the new mythics, I'm not sure now why I should spend/wait for energy if this will be that easy. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Iieutenant
06-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Instead of the energy system, wouldn't it be better if you guys did something like the portal system we had? Killing bosses for portals.

Pandorix
06-14-2014, 04:44 PM
You make goblin event as a test for this big event, i saw feedback thread about goblin event too..and most forumer give feedback about energy system that need to change. Some also want this energy system need to removed. Some want to reduced the time of energy slot to full. Some want to add more energy slot. Some want 1 energy kit to restore all energy slot. And many more other feedback/suggestion there.

So, what did you change for this event? Or our feedback about this energy system are useless?

No one of plat users complained on energy sistem so ye its useless since those r feedbacks from free players.

Послато са GT-I9505 уз помоћ Тапатока

Pandorix
06-14-2014, 04:49 PM
I still think tarlok portal spawning sistem was best for plat and non plat users and for me its best ever since game is relesed.

Energizeric
06-14-2014, 05:21 PM
You need 10 new Elondrian Essences to craft one new locked. These drop at the same rate at current essences. So going by your example you would need to loot 4200 Elondrian Essences. Check the announcement & chat box archive for this information. Also these essences will not be purchasable. So for the average person its not going to be possible to craft many crates. So your example isn't valid and wrong because it doesn't account for the time required every 4 hours you need to spend farming Elondrian Essences.

So then it sounds like the limits of crafting the elondrian crates will be based on how many essences are out there. It sounds then like these crates will be pretty rare, and probably will be worth a nice amount of gold. I'm not sure why you would be complaining about that though? It sounds like STS is shifting away from locked crates with this move and trying to earn money based on the energy system instead.

Since everyone has spent the last year complaining about how the locked crate system is lousy, then I would think they would welcome such a change. It seems that nobody is going to be happy unless STS becomes a charity and provides the game for free with no major revenue areas.

All I can say is this new system sounds fun to me. I'm holding almost 200 locked crates, so I'm in the same boat as most of you. I don't see this event causing my crates to go down in value any. If anything, I see it as a chance to spend my time farming for essences, crafting my locked crates, and earning some nice amounts of gold for each one I craft and sell. :)

Samhayne
06-14-2014, 05:31 PM

10 is old info. Still tuning it. Also as a reminder, essences are not tradeable ( as they have always been ).

Kakashis
06-14-2014, 05:31 PM
If the energy and essences can be looted from normal maps, it would give me something to do rather than just waiting. I will see how this plays out. I'll just farm more locked in the meantime. Glad I already sold the bulk of my locked I've saved up since shuyal!

Kakashis
06-14-2014, 05:33 PM
10 is old info. Still tuning it.

Hehe working overtime today Sam? You were up since 4am! Don't work too hard! It's the weekend!

Wutzgood
06-14-2014, 05:33 PM
I'm happy with this. The fact that they brought back the free event chests makes it worth farmin for everyone not just the plat buyers. Great job as always and hopefully energy is just a bit easier to get than the goblin event was.

officiallyjun
06-14-2014, 06:11 PM

Because its rarity, so many people wants to get it, now if its "Double chance" on crates or any elite chest, the market will be flood of that stuffs, where demand and supply on high intensity.So, i think its normal if mythic prices drop into lower threshold. There is nothing wrong on cheap mythics during double chance event. Moreover, this is not monthly event so you can not compare with those legendary items and i believe mythic will back on good price after event.

brumi
06-14-2014, 06:22 PM
omg you really screwed me AL stuff :(... i invested all my money to buy locks... i have 2400 pieces.. and i need 20k gold or more for each locks.. after this "new locks" all my ordinery locks are useless.. so many hours spent at km3 and plats for hundreds of euro.. oh.. if locks will not be 20k more, i will quit this game.. will be bad, cause i like this game.. but to make more fun of this game i need 40 mil +.. now this game is boring for me..

aarrgggggg
06-14-2014, 06:38 PM
No one of plat users complained on energy sistem so ye its useless since those r feedbacks from free players.

Послато са GT-I9505 уз помоћ Тапатокаwrong dead wrong, many plat users do not want energy system. Try asking around in game noone likes energy BALLS.

Titanium
06-14-2014, 06:48 PM
1. Are going to be new gems?
2. If I haven't opened all my Elondrian Crates before the event is over, do i get to keep them, or will it turn back into three regular crates?
3. Mythic weapons lvl 36 are going to be availabel during the Ursoth Event?

Rhaindra
06-14-2014, 06:57 PM
I will try to sell all my reguler lockeds and buy spirit chest. Or I will trade 3 my lockeds for 1 spirit chest. I really want open that. If lucky, I will get a mythic. I dont care will get junk or anything. I dont care lost all my locks and be poor. Its mean I have to clear my problem inventory. For now I have over 100 locks almost 200 locks. Ready turn in. :)

Kakashis
06-14-2014, 07:00 PM
I will try to sell all my reguler lockeds and buy spirit chest. Or I will trade 3 my lockeds for 1 spirit chest. I really want open that. If lucky, I will get a mythic. I dont care will get junk or anything. I dont care lost all my locks and be poor. Its mean I have to clear my problem inventory. For now I have over 100 locks almost 200 locks. Ready turn in. :)

If it's like tarlok, you can't sell the spirit chests

leojnv
06-14-2014, 07:04 PM
honestly i hate your events remiem just plat buyers can win and buy all things with the tokens

you favor the plat buyers, i hate that

thats my opinion

Spell
06-14-2014, 07:40 PM
honestly i hate your events remiem just plat buyers can win and buy all things with the tokens

thats my opinion

Hate is such a strong word...I don't think it is remiems event either (/_\) don't shoot the messenger ...

Jig
06-14-2014, 08:25 PM

thats my opinion

Well when you think about it, platinum is bought by your own money, and well, it is made to increase speed of your gameplay in game.. Soo why let plat buyers down and let non plat buyer beat the plat buyers..? All we can do is just make the charging fees to enter the event cheaper :/

ArtofWar
06-14-2014, 09:19 PM

There goes my excitement for the event...

Milan Lame Man
06-14-2014, 10:27 PM
I am more worried about the essence needed for crafting Lockeds... if it's anything above 2, there is going to be a serious shortage of event crates, and the supply (aka abundance) of standard Lockeds will not change significantly.

vanzzzzz
06-14-2014, 10:29 PM
nice

Fate-chan
06-14-2014, 10:33 PM
I don't like the energy system. But I say lets all wait and give this event a try.

I just couldn't help but say though that this game is getting a tad to costly to play nowadays. :(

Jig
06-14-2014, 11:36 PM
Too costly to play??? Go play POCKET LEGENDS!

This game you can buy almost everything with gold that costs plat

OtAtOtomustam
06-15-2014, 12:24 AM
Since we get to keep Elondrian Crates after the event is over. If we hang onto our Elondrian Crates which have a 2x Mythic drop rate until the next 2x Mythic STS weekend special would these crates then have a 4x Mythic drop rate?

Instanthumor
06-15-2014, 03:28 AM
Hate is such a strong word...I don't think it is remiems event either (/_\) don't shoot the messenger ...

I hate you.

Hey buddy, I gave you some good merching advice earlier this week, remember?

Well, trust me on this, you will NOT be sorry that you stocked up on crates.

I stocked to open, not to re-sell... But you're saying here to stock even more crates? Sure thing. Remind me to thank you later.

cookiehunterx
06-15-2014, 04:09 AM
I dont want the ENERGY SYSTEM !!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

We hate newsystem

Why cant this event aoso as tarlok
Had fun to hunt portals:)
I hate this energy events, it costs much gold/plat
:(

sorry for my english

sorry for my english

deadcobain
06-15-2014, 04:13 AM
If anyone really hates it, the clearest form of protest is probably not playing it. makes sense to wait for full details before deciding though. We don't have the whole picture yet.

Nehul Tyagi
06-15-2014, 04:25 AM
STS U GUYZ HAVE HELL LOT OF PATIENCE, how u manage to listen so much gossip on things, pp don't understand or r not ready to understand that plate user pay to get special prevlage, so if ur redu to pay than open new locks...or if ur a non plate user just farm new chest, loots and sell them to get gud gold, and yes u can open Spirit chest for ur free luck on mmythic.......well about energy y cant just wait for next update....I myself hate 3 run's per per day, but I m sure sts will find sosomething gud for both plate and non-plate users.
I m waiting sts.

obee
06-15-2014, 08:22 AM
Ughhhhh energy...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

cookiehunterx
06-15-2014, 08:55 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/15/u3a7e9up.jpg

What is that rogue wearing?
Vanity?
Mythic?
Hope vanity :) :) :)

sorry for my english

Sephiroth143
06-15-2014, 09:13 AM
Love it as a vanity tho

Sephiroth143
06-15-2014, 09:15 AM
Im hype up for the event! Lets roll sts!

Azemeazed
06-15-2014, 10:01 AM
just dont release update before july couse im busy :-)

Excuses
06-15-2014, 11:35 AM
You get 3 free energies per 8 hours, not including the ones you loot (per character). So, if you have 5 characters, that is around sixty free runs per day (assuming that you do not loot any energy balls).

So, please tell me, how is this a bad thing? Free players can still enjoy the event completely for free, but if they want to participate on the leaderboards, they will need to spend some gold.

Sorry to say, but I used 10 toons but it did work because of tier system. With those 3 energy for a day, it takes forever to reach gold tier.
If there is no tier, maybe yes. But not this event.

deadcobain
06-15-2014, 11:51 AM
The bear armour is cool.

Excuses
06-15-2014, 11:51 AM
And I personally don't care about crafting lock for new crates, however, I don't like that needs essence to craft.
Just looks like another Plat sucking plan.

Honestly I don't care about economy of this game too, don't understand why people worry about too much.
what is wrong with affordable mythics? People say double odd destroyed market, but for me, it just became affordable. Elite weapons are 2-4m, mythics be 10-15, and arcane is 30m. Looks fair for me.
More regular people will enjoy better gears to play and Plat users will still have benefits from the gears(maybe not huge, but still better than non Plat users.).
A game is for fun, not to make gold in there. xp

Aziiii
06-15-2014, 03:28 PM
People need to understand we are running out of patience, i don't want to give this game a bad review since i play for more then 1y but let's be honest as a farmer i done the maps over and over again....game left me without things to do.
Some don't even play anymore ( i don't want to give names) , play other games .....so pls consider we are all waiting ....... And for all this wait to hear about the energy again ?! Didn't you have bad reviews about them from the previous event?
I wish you would hear our opinions , the most of us ...and not just some
So...Waiting.......waiting.....

Pandorix
06-15-2014, 03:32 PM
People need to understand we are running out of patience, i don't want to give this game a bad review since i play for more then 1y but let's be honest as a farmer i done the maps over and over again....game left me without things to do.
Some don't even play anymore ( i don't want to give names) , play other games .....so pls consider we are all waiting ....... And for all this wait to hear about the energy again ?! Didn't you have bad reviews about them from the previous event?

Totaly agree...lots of ppls thinkin to leave game and im one of em too

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Int
06-15-2014, 04:02 PM

Well it is for the sake of preventing the items farmed to "worthlessness"
But there should be a different place where one place is free to play and one place where it is similar to the first place but with different bosses with higher loot but have to pay energy or plat to enter, that would be a great idea

skorpionx
06-15-2014, 04:23 PM
This seems a good event.

PLEASE schedule this event late July, first August where a lot of persons are on vacation and can freely play all time on seaside

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

dancoop1969
06-15-2014, 05:42 PM
Are gyrm and ironbite eggs gonna be available during event. I got late start & didn't get to farm much

sazib
06-15-2014, 07:49 PM
It seem not good idea and if energy system continues it will be flop like goblin event!! Idk price of energy will drop or not but on this threat those who saved lock for new mythic release its a huge prob for them.. U can hardly craft 1000 lock in 3 week unless u farm essence 24x7!! Um hopeless :/

sent from HELL using Tapatalk

sazib
06-15-2014, 07:50 PM
Are gyrm and ironbite eggs gonna be available during event. I got late start & didn't get to farm much
no they only available in goblin event!!

sent from HELL using Tapatalk

Tendirin
06-15-2014, 08:39 PM
Yay hope i get new mythic

DMminion
06-15-2014, 11:50 PM
I have to say that as one who also "freaked out" when things didn't go as I planned. Energy system is a decent way for sts to make money and the point everyone seems to be forgetting is "if they don't make money=we dont have new events". Sam and rem have both stated that they are still workin on it. Why must people assume they know what is going to happen w/ energy? I do agree that 8hrs is a long time to wait for 1energy but we don't know if they are keeping the 8hrs=1energy. We just know they are keeping energy system. I believe that people rage-quiting could put a much unwanted halt to further expansions/events. Their decisions must be for the benifit/future of their company while tryin to please thousands of people or more at once. That is no easy task, i'm sure. It has been my experience "playing their games for over 3years" that sts will deliver something enjoyable while tryin to make everyone happy. Be patient and wait for more details. I'm super excited to see the Ursoth event and the new myths. Thanks sts for giving us new exciting experiences every season. :cheerful:

Ehrzaa
06-15-2014, 11:58 PM
When Event Start?

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

SacredKnight
06-16-2014, 12:07 AM
I don't understand why people are ragequitting because of these events.
These events are extra's, there added into normal content, normally we have a event or special "thing" at every globally celebrated holiday but these are just added in for us to have something to do.
This is a game, it is supposed to be fun, if you don't enjoy fighting evil monsters and slaying them or shooting poison arrows as well as launching explosive fireballs then this game isn't for you.
Plat users are plat users, they pay for the very best in the game and they deserve those items because they paid real life money for them, so everyone who is a FTP player should understand why they have a benefit. Also I might like to add, the energy system helps to moderate the flux of items coming into the market. Take the Architect Daggers for example ( I am not going to explain that but people who know get my point ). Just enjoy these events, earn a free vanity, slay some monsters and get some gold....there's no need to get angry just because your getting what you want.

P.S. ( Post Script ) If you are rage quitting can I have your stuff?
ign. SacredKnight
:3

Mucsi
06-16-2014, 01:16 AM
I don't understand why people are ragequitting because of these events.
These events are extra's, there added into normal content, normally we have a event or special "thing" at every globally celebrated holiday but these are just added in for us to have something to do.
This is a game, it is supposed to be fun, if you don't enjoy fighting evil monsters and slaying them or shooting poison arrows as well as launching explosive fireballs then this game isn't for you.
Plat users are plat users, they pay for the very best in the game and they deserve those items because they paid real life money for them, so everyone who is a FTP player should understand why they have a benefit. Also I might like to add, the energy system helps to moderate the flux of items coming into the market. Take the Architect Daggers for example ( I am not going to explain that but people who know get my point ). Just enjoy these events, earn a free vanity, slay some monsters and get some gold....there's no need to get angry just because your getting what you want.

P.S. ( Post Script ) If you are rage quitting can I have your stuff?
ign. SacredKnight
:3

I tell you something... I decided during this goblin event, I won't use energy ball for open new map.. Explain how many tokens and points had I...

P.S: 67 token and 420 points...
Tarlok event system became bigger succes than goblin or ushrot or whatever... (Every poor ppl problem: energy balls)

Robhawk
06-16-2014, 02:52 AM
In brackets is the chance for looting a myth.

So 3 old locked (3) to 1 new locked (2)... So with the new system chances foor looting a myth has even DEcreased or with other words: It gets MORE EXPENSIVE!

So we have the energy system which needs huge amounts of plat and/or gold and the chances for looting good items also takes more gold then it does today?

Seeerriiousslyyyyy?

edit: I spend about 100 plat for the goblin event on 1 day and after that i knew there will be no day like that one ever again! Im ready to pay for your game but honestly your ship gets into really deep water more and more and every day with every new EXPENSIVE event more players gonna quit, so i will if you dont listen to your customers!

zliverpoolzz
06-16-2014, 03:45 AM
omg energy n energy again :O

plat buyer won again ...!!!!!!

Jig
06-16-2014, 04:45 AM
omg energy n energy again :O

plat buyer won again ...!!!!!!

Well obviously, I'm sure most players in top 10 leaderboards spend plat so yeah, plat buyers will win. :)

Maybe you should say plat buyers have too much of an advantage.

Bigboyblue
06-16-2014, 06:33 AM
Everybody needs to relax a bit here. STS knows that most players were unimpressed with the energy system as it was presented in the last event. Sam has mentioned that something is going to be done differently in regards to energy this event. Let's see what the announcement is before we all freak out.

As for the crates this may be interesting. The essences may put up a roadblock to crafting but only time will tell. I can't say I hate this idea. I get the feeling that this will be another good source of revenue for STS. It should counteract any potential losses they will experience from a revamped energy system.

zliverpoolzz
06-16-2014, 07:51 AM
im agree with u musci ... :D

zliverpoolzz
06-16-2014, 07:53 AM
Well obviously, I'm sure most players in top 10 leaderboards spend plat so yeah, plat buyers will win. :)

Maybe you should say plat buyers have too much of an advantage.

:D right .. poor ppl problem : have no one plat .. lmao

Sfubi
06-16-2014, 09:13 AM
I am not a fan of the evergy ball system and I knew that the goldies ver. platters complaints would be enormous so

I tested the platters results ver. goldies results on my toons (see bottom for toon listing)

2 toons i did not purchase tokens or energy balls
1 toon i purchased evergy balls (rogue)

All three toons were able to get to gold tier, loot at least one gyrm egg, and purchase a talisman.

The toon purchasing energy balls only purchased enough so she could get the token pet and token talisman.

I had to manage my time well in order to achieve gold tier, gyrm, and talisman on the goldie toons (did not purchase tokens/evergy balls).

I set alarms to notify me when 8 hours had passed on each toon and would log in to take advantage of the three free energy balls. This was very easy, and only required organization of my real life and game life time.

The argument that platters have the option to get more loot to sell later and thus get richer does not hold as a legitimate complaint. The real (and imaginary) world is full of the have's and the have not's. I am a have not and sure would like to be a have. However, I choose not to gripe and complain that the have's have more than I do and it ain't fair cause I work too. As long as I focus on the positive things in my real life/game world I am a happy person.

I believe if people would have spent more time looking for ways to make the system work with their play style choices and less time complaining about energy balls ("sts catering to platters again and sts is money hungry"), the goblin event would have been more enjoyable for everyone.

I hope this helps at least one person. The mother in me always pushes through to the surface and mama likes to help.

If you are offended by this I truly apologize. Please forgive an old mom that wants everyone to be as happy as she.....

(age 48, mother of 2 adult children)

utkarsh saini
06-16-2014, 11:14 AM
btw Wwhats the exact time of event launch in game ???

Kakashis
06-16-2014, 11:16 AM
I ran it for free every energy ball and never made it to gold tier. Didn't have enough tokens for free pet and never even saw payne.

Warlord0520
06-16-2014, 12:38 PM

are you kidding me? SL, PL, and DL havent had an event / update since the 27th of last month and you guys complain about an update that gives new items LOL i dont play AL much, but when DL one of my favorite games gets an update, im very happy because i know sts will be updating AL almost daily. So when you complain about an update remember this, the other games dont get updated daily like AL does. just my .002c

Bornof1000Kings
06-16-2014, 12:54 PM
I still think tarlok portal spawning sistem was best for plat and non plat users and for me its best ever since game is relesed.

If STS decides to make the energy lootable through the killing of bosses throughout Arlor then this is essentially the same thing. Instead of a portal you get an energy to enter a portal, but either way you're still essentially entering a portal by killing a boss.

This seems to be about the only change that needs to be made to compromise the energy system in the Goblin event with the portal system of the Tarlok event. In this scenario people who still want to buy energy via gold or plat so that they can focus their time on playing the event exclusively will still have that option whereas others who do not want to spend the gold or plat can continue to play the rest of Arlor in an attempt to loot energy.

falmear
06-16-2014, 01:02 PM
If STS decides to make the energy lootable through the killing of bosses throughout Arlor then this is essentially the same thing. Instead of a portal you get an energy to enter a portal, but either way you're still essentially entering a portal by killing a boss.

This seems to be about the only change that needs to be made to compromise the energy system in the Goblin event with the portal system of the Tarlok event. In this scenario people who still want to buy energy via gold or plat so that they can focus their time on playing the event exclusively will still have that option whereas others who do not want to spend the gold or plat can continue to play the rest of Arlor in an attempt to loot energy.

Even if energy is lootable from bosses its not the same thing. Think if you are in a party of 4 and you are a warrior. You loot one energy and everyone has zero. None of your other party can join you, so you need to wait until everyone in your party loots energy. Or need to find some other people to enter the portal with. You can enter with a PUG but again you have to abandon your party to do it. This isn't "play with your friends". its "Play with your friends so long as they have energy". Its better then nothing but we shouldn't say its the same thing when its not.

Bluevaporz
06-16-2014, 01:34 PM
To clarify are you saying that each toon was able to loot a gyrm egg? Or were you saying only with the rogue where you purchased energy were you able to loot at least one gyrm egg and purchase a talisman? If on the 2 other toons you looted gyrm eggs, then you are one lucky person as I doubt you had many encounters with Payne using only free energy.

Achieving gold tier with a toon yields little to no benefit if it is done close to the end of the event. A lot of people have documented this in their recounting of what happened trying to play the event without spending plat or in game gold.

2 toons i did not purchase tokens or energy balls
1 toon i purchased evergy balls (rogue)

All three toons were able to get to gold tier, loot at least one gyrm egg, and purchase a talisman.

Handel
06-16-2014, 02:08 PM
are you kidding me? SL, PL, and DL havent had an event / update since the 27th of last month and you guys complain about an update that gives new items LOL i dont play AL much, but when DL one of my favorite games gets an update, im very happy because i know sts will be updating AL almost daily. So when you complain about an update remember this, the other games dont get updated daily like AL does. just my .002c

No event / update would have been better than that, what STS has shown us with their new energy-system!
I would prefer to play a good game, that never changes (and maybe becomes boring) instead of to play a good game that turns more and more into pay-to-play.
So have fun while LOLing about us AL-Players, but no one here is kidding you.

NJaNear
06-16-2014, 04:07 PM
What are all you people complaining about!?

Sounds like a great idea! Let us just wait for STG to make AL a pay to play game....

No thanks. We told them, any energy based system is not a good idea. Did they listen?
Trust me, STG is not hurting for money with how many games they are spitting out. They are milking the big spenders for every dime they got. These app games don't stick around for long, and the best way to profit is by getting someone invested in a game and milking them for everything they will spend before leaving.

I just wanted to thank you STG for the "How Much Plat Will Someone Spend to Win Test Event". I was saving my big plat purchases to open locked crates for new mythic weapons. After witnessing the latest pay to play event, I no longer want to purchase plat and will save a few $100. The latest installments of whale milking got me installing games I haven't played in years. Just wow! It's amazing to think how much I was going to spend on this game for something that is part of any normal mmropg.

Guess what?
This game I am playing has rare weapons, fun crafting, massive open land, amazing pvp with actual player skill involved (did I mention you can loot items off people you kill!), quests, elite type group hunting, and much muuuch more content. Get this, this games so old you can even play on dial-up!

This game had fourteen years of continuous updated content monthly... That's right! Every Month. They just announced that they will be shutting down any further development and future content, but guess what? They are making it free to play! No...no, not what you are thinking STG. They are keeping servers running until players can create their own servers for everyone to join! Not only are they giving the tools and software to players, but they are going to help others get the servers started.

Oh my, I'm so sorry for going waaaay off topic. I just get excited talking about all the stuff I can do now without paying for it.
In all seriousness, thanks STG for showing me the way. I almost believed that I was playing a real MMO and not a whale milking machine. You guys deffinately had me going for a little, some of us forgot that the whole point of a mmo game economy is to keep real world economy out so others can't play with an advantage. I once thought, games were supposed to entertain me for a reasonable fee so that everyone could enjoy the same experience. Hey, I get it... money talks. You got vacations to pay for, babies to feed, mistresses to splurge on. I sure wish apps like yours said, (free to play/pay to win soon to be p2p once we have you invested) so I could skip to the next game faster.

Thanks again,
Best wishes

P.S.
All you whales that are worried about your precious game economy and rare (paid for items) becoming worthless.... Do Not!
As long as you are willing to pay to win they will keep milking.

Warlord0520
06-16-2014, 05:39 PM
No event / update would have been better than that, what STS has shown us with their new energy-system!
I would prefer to play a good game, that never changes (and maybe becomes boring) instead of to play a good game that turns more and more into pay-to-play.
So have fun while LOLing about us AL-Players, but no one here is kidding you.

Your a joke, dark legends had an energy system for ALL dungeons at LAUNCH.. And we dealt with it for a few months before they changed it. Like I said above, before you complain and QQ about an update you don't like, just remember that other games aren't even being updated. And you are talking about pay to play.... There is no subscription to these games, therefore STS makes their money off of ingame currency which comes with FREE content, unlike in PL when you had to pay for single content. So all of their income comes from ingame transactions. I don't see why we need to complain about this, if anything, be thankful your playing an updated game. Smh.

Thrindal
06-16-2014, 07:35 PM
10 is old info. Still tuning it. Also as a reminder, essences are not tradeable ( as they have always been ).

Please remember that adding a new essence to the mix alters the drop rate for all essence. Yes Essence drop just as frequently but instead of a 1/3 chance at an individual essence the rate changes can be dramatic as they were in the Mothers day event where probability for an individual essence changed to 1/7. This had a dramatic effect on the gem prices. Assuming only one new essence the drop rate wont change as dramatically but will change to 1/4 which will have an effect on the entire crafting/gem market.

Lovingly
06-16-2014, 07:42 PM
Kachinggg

izubattousaiOlrek
06-16-2014, 09:31 PM
Fyi the Elondorian Spirit chest has a chance to drop new mythics..for free.. meaning u dont have to buy plat to open them.. argue and theorize about the crates low loot percentage for the new mythic items all you want (because your gonna do it anyway) but STS is throwing us a bone here by not making us pay for that one loot roll, much like they have in the past with locked crates.

The bottom line
1. Keep in mind ppl STS has to get paid to keep making this awesome game so ya they will find creative ways to do so. I dont know about you guys but i can only eat Ramen for so long ZING!
2. So long as the new mythics drop in locked grand crates, or what ever 15 plat crates you creative lil folks come up with AFTER the event all will be right in Arlor. If not then well that jus sux
3. Alter the energy system, waiting 8hrs "to play" in the event is a bit much and only having 3 active slots for event energy does slow down play time.
4. STS DEV Team if tapping into the games "gold only user market" is your goal why not introduce new platinum packages or a new form of currency?

Ladydevious
06-16-2014, 09:43 PM
So how about the old locked? So it will be nothing myth or arcane eggs in it anymore?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mark_02_neil
06-16-2014, 10:23 PM
i expect this.. :) i have 100+ locks haha ,

Zhengkenncarl
06-17-2014, 01:51 AM
So we keep the old locked...maybe it will cost more than the prize now.
Just like the gems when its time for 2x chance for grand gem the prize cost high... 😄
Hope so like that...

leve.nover
06-17-2014, 01:54 AM
Omg! 3 regular lock for 1 Locked Grand Crate of Elondria! I spent so much for Locked! ;(!

Dewagim
06-17-2014, 02:11 AM
update fast.. im bored now :(

Freunameki
06-17-2014, 03:34 AM
The energy system of last event made it soo boring... Ill wait and see hopefully i might be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jig
06-17-2014, 03:40 AM
I don't see many happy customers...

Corrupt
06-17-2014, 04:14 AM
To clarify are you saying that each toon was able to loot a gyrm egg? Or were you saying only with the rogue where you purchased energy were you able to loot at least one gyrm egg and purchase a talisman? If on the 2 other toons you looted gyrm eggs, then you are one lucky person as I doubt you had many encounters with Payne using only free energy.

Achieving gold tier with a toon yields little to no benefit if it is done close to the end of the event. A lot of people have documented this in their recounting of what happened trying to play the event without spending plat or in game gold.

She's full of hot air , impossible. Being a parent doesn't make you unlike the rest of us players. I highly doubt you received gyrm and talismans on 3 chars while only using plat on 1. Unless you used cs and gold to buy lots of energy .

I remember the good days before games primary focus was to drain your wallet. At this rate AL could cost an average user $1,000 and up to be somewhat competitive gear wise. We used to be able to farm for in game wealth and items, it seems the only way to get rich is plat or marching, locks are down to 7k in cs

deadcobain
06-17-2014, 05:08 AM
She's full of hot air , impossible. Being a parent doesn't make you unlike the rest of us players. I highly doubt you received gyrm and talismans on 3 chars while only using plat on 1. Unless you used cs and gold to buy lots of energy .

I remember the good days before games primary focus was to drain your wallet. At this rate AL could cost an average user $1,000 and up to be somewhat competitive gear wise. We used to be able to farm for in game wealth and items, it seems the only way to get rich is plat or marching, locks are down to 7k in cs
she was trying to help and be nice :(

Mucsi
06-17-2014, 05:19 AM
There is AL theard.. not DL or another games thread... We talking about AL, not DL or PL.. ect So please don't talking about how in another games.. I think AL players really dont care..

cookiehunterx
06-17-2014, 05:22 AM
There is AL theard.. not DL or another games thread... We talking about AL, not DL or PL.. ect So please don't talking about how in another games.. I think AL players really dont care..

This is al thread :/
Not dl

sorry for my english

leojnv
06-17-2014, 08:50 AM
Should I sell my locks?

idk but i sold all my lockeds

notfaded1
06-17-2014, 09:24 AM
I'm just going to say this once... If it takes a ton of essences and time to craft our existing locked into the new double odds crates... I see this as sticking it to all the players that have supported STS the most in AL over the past couple years. If this ends up being once again a nerf to the plat players and locked openers... a bunch of us WILL be leaving the game.

Originally Sam said our Locked would be converted to the new crates during the event... now this is morphing into sounding more and more like somebody doesn't care much about the people that have been spending thousands of plat to open locked crates (which have been a fundamental part of the game for a long time) as a part of the game and currency. I'll reserve judgement but this essence farming we don't have time for... we work have jobs and like to pick up and play the game and are and have been willing to support the game for a long time. Just dropping this on us isn't fair. I could see the converting the crates this time and then basically killing them off later if that's the plan but we should have been told that a LONG time ago.

Don't get me wrong... I love this game and have spent a lot of time and investment in it. But at some point it's just going too far.

Skaunared
06-17-2014, 09:37 AM
I think they will also sell essences at the store, and you can also buy the cooldown for the double odd crate crafting, which only means that if u want to open hundreds of the new crates, be ready to spend a tons of plat.

1 double odd crate = 3 lockeds (24k gold) + essences (purchased by plat) + crafting cooldown (more plat burn)

Mehmet Tuncay
06-17-2014, 12:15 PM
Mersin mehmet ]awesome! I can deal with this. i like the idea of crafting 3 event chests for a chance at weapons and also the locked idea! But one thing...How long with the crafting of these chests take?

Warlord0520
06-17-2014, 12:52 PM
I'm just going to say this once... If it takes a ton of essences and time to craft our existing locked into the new double odds crates... I see this as sticking it to all the players that have supported STS the most in AL over the past couple years. If this ends up being once again a nerf to the plat players and locked openers... a bunch of us WILL be leaving the game.

Originally Sam said our Locked would be converted to the new crates during the event... now this is morphing into sounding more and more like somebody doesn't care much about the people that have been spending thousands of plat to open locked crates (which have been a fundamental part of the game for a long time) as a part of the game and currency. I'll reserve judgement but this essence farming we don't have time for... we work have jobs and like to pick up and play the game and are and have been willing to support the game for a long time. Just dropping this on us isn't fair. I could see the converting the crates this time and then basically killing them off later if that's the plan but we should have been told that a LONG time ago.

Don't get me wrong... I love this game and have spent a lot of time and investment in it. But at some point it's just going too far.

Which is why I don't pay to play a free game. Just wait till their cheaper

Otahaanak
06-17-2014, 04:36 PM
5 crafting slots - have to craft my existing locked and craft from those the 'special' chests.

Guess I better start creating a bunch of throwaway toons.

Jig
06-17-2014, 04:47 PM
Why bother. Im not wasting my time with that, if locks sell higher then 12k im gonna sell the trash, over it.

Energizeric
06-17-2014, 07:04 PM
The rage of people is totally unwarranted. It wouldn't matter if they said it took 20 crates to make 1 new one with 20x odds. In the end your current locked crates will still be worth the same amount on the market. The better the odds and the more expensive the materials to make the event crates are, the more expensive those event crates will be.

And if the odds are lower for the mythic weapons, or the event locked crates are super scarce because they are so hard to craft, then the mythic weapons will be scarce and will be worth a ton, and as a result those event crates will be worth a ton.

Remember that people pay 100k+ for an elite golden dragonscale chest for a chance at a 80m arcane shard. So people will pay big money for these event crates. So stop all the complaining. None of this planned stuff is going to affect how much your locked crates are. That is how supply and demand works. They will be worth what they are worth regardless.

Truthfully, this idea to need to craft the event crates will probably make the regular locked crates more valuable since they are a necessary crafting component. People have a certain amount of plat to spend on opening locked, and this crafting causes the number of crates to drop by 3 times, and thus makes them more desirable.

IshoootU
06-17-2014, 09:37 PM
NO TO ENERGY SYSTEM! It just sucks!

Warlord0520
06-17-2014, 10:04 PM
The energy system is the best works well thank you STS for the best update!!! :)

mjrpain
06-17-2014, 10:42 PM
The energy system is the best works well thank you STS for the best update!!! :)

Said no one ever.

vanzzzzz
06-17-2014, 10:58 PM
nice..

vanzzzzz
06-17-2014, 11:00 PM
lucky for plat users

Warlord0520
06-17-2014, 11:04 PM
Said no one ever.

But I just said it, so that means your incorrect

Bigboyblue
06-18-2014, 06:56 AM
Nobody here understands the economics of this. I suppose it's mostly kids here, so no big surprise, but the rage of people is totally unwarranted. It wouldn't matter if they said it took 20 crates to make 1 new one with 20x odds. In the end your current locked crates will still be worth the same amount on the market. The better the odds and the more expensive the materials to make the event crates are, the more expensive those event crates will be.

And if the odds are lower for the mythic weapons, or the event locked crates are super scarce because they are so hard to craft, then the mythic weapons will be scarce and will be worth a ton, and as a result those event crates will be worth a ton.

Remember that people pay 100k+ for an elite golden dragonscale chest for a chance at a 80m arcane shard. So people will pay big money for these event crates. So stop all the complaining. None of this planned stuff is going to affect how much your locked crates are. That is how supply and demand works. They will be worth what they are worth regardless.

Truthfully, this idea to need to craft the event crates will probably make the regular locked crates more valuable since they are a necessary crafting component. People have a certain amount of plat to spend on opening locked, and this crafting causes the number of crates to drop by 3 times, and thus makes them more desirable.

I agree with you 100% about those people complaining about locks. Pricing is going to go up when the event launches and they will all be happy.

The issue that may present itself is the crafting process. Depending on the quantity of essences required it may prove to be a tough feat for anyone not playing hours and hours each day to make a descent amount. I was personally hoping to open around 100 locks during the event. Time will tell if I will be able to craft that many.

termi330
06-18-2014, 07:13 AM
I hate games for only rich people. Sts you are sucks. If want adding more options for only rich people, You should know that all players (not rich) will out the game. Arcane Legends is going down, because it's also boring for non rich players.. doing elite etc. Boring.. Need something special, special event (open locked crates for free(0plats) or drop mythic/arcane things (egg, weapons etc. on elite not just from crates -.- )
It's all, Thank You..
Sorry for my English ..

Legendproject
06-18-2014, 07:32 AM
Yay

Legendproject
06-18-2014, 07:35 AM
When is the update ?

Legendproject
06-18-2014, 07:38 AM
I hate games for only rich people. Sts you are sucks. If want adding more options for only rich people, You should know that all players (not rich) will out the game. Arcane Legends is going down, because it's also boring for non rich players.. doing elite etc. Boring.. Need something special, special event (open locked crates for free(0plats) or drop mythic/arcane things (egg, weapons etc. on elite not just from crates -.- )
It's all, Thank You..
Sorry for my English .. STS are NOT sucks if you don't like the game leave then no need to insult.