View Full Version : An Explanation of Tiers, Leaderboards and the Energy System During Ursoth's Assault

Pages : [1] 2

Remiem
06-19-2014, 04:06 PM

The Ursoth's Assualt Event is coming soon to Arcane Legends! We're so excited about all of the new changes going in that we can't help but share some more details. Here is the low-down on the tiers rewards, leaderboards and leaderboard rewards and the energy system will work in the next event.

Tiers

Tiers will work similar to how they did during the Goblin event, but now have even bigger rewards when you reach each one.

Bronze Tier
Upon reaching bronze tier you will be rewarded with the exclusive Elondrian Ranger Banner, and the recipe to combine event chests (Entangled Chests) into the special Spirit Chests, which have a chance to drop new Mythic weapons.

Silver Tier
When you reach the Silver Tier you will receive three very rare Spirit chests. As mentioned before in this previous announcement: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?159398-How-Event-Crates-amp-Chests-Work-During-the-Ursoth-s-Assault-Event these chests have a chance at dropping the brand new Mythic weapons!

Gold Tier
Then, if you make it all the way to Gold Tier, your reward is a very special new tradeable pet egg. Hatch the egg to receive the new Legendary Bear Pet, Dovabear.

Leaderboards

If you're the competitive type, the leaderboards are what you'll want to focus on. Getting to the top of the leaderboards not only show's that you're the best of the best, but it comes with some pretty sweet rewards too. There are 4 leaderboards for Ursoth's assault: Overall, Top Mages, Top Rogues and Top Warriors.

The overall leaderboard is for bragging rights only and does not give out rewards. If you're in the top 50 for your class you'll receive this unique event banner: Elondria's Savior Banner.

Manage to make it into the top 10 on your classes' leaderboard and you'll be the proud owner of the newest Arcane pet, Shady & Surge!

http://youtu.be/o4MXyqwYTsg

Note: Only players level 35+ will be eligible to appear on the leaderboards.

Energy System

There are now even more ways to earn energy to enter portals during the event.

New: It's craftable!
All over Arlor, mobs and bosses will drop a new essence: Energy Essence. Three of these can be crafted over 2 hours into an energy kit that your character (and only that character) can use whenever you need an extra!

They Drop From Event Bosses, Chests and Crates
Energy points will sometimes drop when you defeat an Ursoth's Assault event boss. Plus, they can drop from any of the event chests or the special Elondrian Locked Grand Crate of the Watch.

Buy Them in the Consignment Shop
Just like in the Goblin Event, Energy Kits will be available for platinum that can be traded or sold for gold in the consignment shop.

They Replenish Over Time
Every 8 hours, you will earn one free energy...without having to do a thing! Neat.

keikali
06-19-2014, 04:54 PM
Giggity.

Inb4 more than 30 Shady & Surges are given out.

You heard it here first! Tied at 10th place, huhuhu.

Endkey
06-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Nice..but the real question is...is it non-plat user friendly? Do non plat users have a chance to be on lb?

Embarrassment
06-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Wonderful! :)

Schnitzel
06-19-2014, 04:57 PM
I'm just here for the rewards.

they look good.

valheeru
06-19-2014, 04:58 PM
replenish fully every 8 hour

Warmechanix
06-19-2014, 05:02 PM
exact date of the Ursoth Assault please? Anybody?

Burstnuke
06-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Will shady and surge be in egg form?

Impact
06-19-2014, 05:07 PM
0: Awesome!

Thrindal
06-19-2014, 05:11 PM
With all the new essence what will be done to balance the drop rate of individual essence compared to non event essence?

iluminatic
06-19-2014, 05:17 PM
Like a non plat player i can say event is better than gobin if essences will be have balancing drop. Plat players get new uber power pet ok fine but pvp willing be higher rage. When inflation will be fixed?

FluffNStuff
06-19-2014, 05:22 PM
All over Arlor, mobs and bosses will drop a new essence: Energy Essence. Three of these can be crafted over 2 hours into an energy kit that your character (and only that character) can use whenever you need an extra!

Energy points will sometimes drop when you defeat an Ursoth's Assault event boss. Plus, they can drop from any of the event chests or the special Elondrian Locked Grand Crate of the Watch.

Are the energy points that drop in the crate stash able to use on a different character or are the only for that character like the craftable ones from the Energy Essence? I ask because very few players open crates on their mains?

termi330
06-19-2014, 05:26 PM
Nice..but the real question is...is it non-plat user friendly? Do non plat users have a chance to be on lb?

Yes, but They must be rich.. Have a lot of gold for kits energy...

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 7 2013 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Azemen
06-19-2014, 05:34 PM
Woo hoo

Remiem
06-19-2014, 05:38 PM
Are the energy points that drop in the crate stash able to use on a different character or are the only for that character like the craftable ones from the Energy Essence? I ask because very few players open crates on their mains?

The energy points that drop from bosses automatically fill an empty slot. The ones that drop from crates and chests are tradable and stashable.

nagging
06-19-2014, 05:42 PM
what essences are used for crafting the new locks?

Remiem
06-19-2014, 05:51 PM
what essences are used for crafting the new locks?

Those will be called "Elondrian Essences"

Medicman
06-19-2014, 06:02 PM
Rem, will all these different essences be taking up inventory space? I hope not. Seems to be too much when combined with the glacial, blood, and fire essences.
And we only have 5 crafting stations too. Maybe I could suggest more crafting stations? Please. :)

Rhaindra
06-19-2014, 06:07 PM
The Bear really warrior pet. I dont care about LB. I m sure cant win. only want this pet. thanks STS. :)

Raregem
06-19-2014, 06:15 PM
The vanity looks really neat excited about that!! Sad about the Shady and Surge for LB only players. I really wanted that pet but won't be able to compete with the plat spenders to get it.

Here is my only hang up on the current plan.. We have to craft our lockeds and now if we want extra energy without spending gold or plat on them we have to craft that too.

We only have 5 crafting spaces.. Couldn't mobs and or bosses on normal maps just drop energy as well? Maybe crafting both was put in place in encourage plat crafting idk.

I really appreciate most of the changes made but why is the one energy every 8 hours still in place? That was a huge one that everyone was talking about. Why wasn't the time shortened or it made to be 3 energy every 8 hours instead of one?

eugene9707
06-19-2014, 06:20 PM
well.... good luck to those trying tor the lb, chance for 3 weeks no sleep ?

iluminatic
06-19-2014, 06:23 PM
Sts is greedy people can talking but we don't get nothing more maybe essence idea is not that's bad basically we can enter more than 3 times. But we need economic fixes right now! :banghead:

Ishtmeet
06-19-2014, 06:24 PM
Thanks!!

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Amicusdei
06-19-2014, 06:31 PM
no mention here of locked crates. is the plan to craft into elondrian locked chest still in place?
if so, can you give details about recipe/essence/craft time requirements?
as i have said before, i have spent lots of time hunting crates, i need some encouragement.
thank you for your time and hard work.

Serancha
06-19-2014, 06:33 PM
Overall this is looking decent.

I am not sure about the contradiction of "being on the leaderboard is only for bragging rights, there are no rewards for it" followed by "the top 10 on the leaderboards get shady and surge". This seems a bit like there is uncertainty on which is actually the case.

If energy only drops from Usuroth bosses, then you need to have energy to use to get more energy. Where do energy essences drop? Everywhere or just in the event maps? The idea of only being able to get more energy if you have energy to spend seems a bit off.

Are there going to be portals on normal mobs again like last time? This was majorly annoying. Or is there just one in town, or just after bosses? People should be able to play the game unhindered when they are out of energy, so this is important.

iluminatic
06-19-2014, 06:34 PM
First you need to craft esence to enter portal when you be crafts lockeds when you having only 5 slots that's is terrible idea!

Kakashis
06-19-2014, 06:36 PM
Well, this pretty much kills locked crafting for me, but at least I can craft energy essences. Are the spirit chests stash able or sellable at least?

Thrucho
06-19-2014, 06:39 PM
These new event is going to kick butt.. Devabear looks awesome I'm to get it for sure.. Thanks STS

Ravager
06-19-2014, 06:46 PM
Overall this is looking decent.

I am not sure about the contradiction of "being on the leaderboard is only for bragging rights, there are no rewards for it" followed by "the top 10 on the leaderboards get shady and surge". This seems a bit like there is uncertainty on which is actually the case.

If energy only drops from Usuroth bosses, then you need to have energy to use to get more energy. Where do energy essences drop? Everywhere or just in the event maps? The idea of only being able to get more energy if you have energy to spend seems a bit off.

Are there going to be portals on normal mobs again like last time? This was majorly annoying. Or is there just one in town, or just after bosses? People should be able to play the game unhindered when they are out of energy, so this is important.

I think it was meant that overall = bragging, class specific board top 10 = reward.

Can you shove shady and surge into the crates as well? That would make a lot of people happy.

fourleaf
06-19-2014, 06:47 PM
So if I'm under level 35 don't even try for LB?

Imjebus
06-19-2014, 06:53 PM
Looks very neat! I like the essence idea for energy. It solves the issue very well. That bear is going to definitely suit rogues at a lower level. ><

Excuses
06-19-2014, 07:29 PM
Gold Tier
Then, if you make it all the way to Gold Tier, your reward is a very special new tradeable pet egg. Hatch the egg to receive the new Legendary Bear Pet, Dovabear.

Just to make sure.

Does this mean the egg will just be give when we reach gold tier?
Or we will be able to farm in gold tier?

In first case, can we farm the egg more or not?

And no arcane pet on locks... Looks not great.
Last Ss event seems more fair to every player than lb reward imo.
So non Plat users have same chance to get it.
And if it is in crates too, Plat users will still have benefits for their plats.
However this lb reward looks not great to me.

Raregem
06-19-2014, 07:45 PM
Can you shove shady and surge into the crates as well? That would make a lot of people happy.

This ^^

carel86
06-19-2014, 08:21 PM

The Ursoth's Assualt Event is coming soon to Arcane Legends! We're so excited about all of the new changes going in that we can't help but share some more details. Here is the low-down on the tiers rewards, leaderboards and leaderboard rewards and the energy system will work in the next event.

Tiers

Tiers will work similar to how they did during the Goblin event, but now have even bigger rewards when you reach each one.

Bronze Tier
Upon reaching bronze tier you will be rewarded with the exclusive Elondrian Ranger Banner, and the recipe to combine event chests (Entangled Chests) into the special Spirit Chests, which have a chance to drop new Mythic weapons.

Silver Tier
When you reach the Silver Tier you will receive three very rare Spirit chests. As mentioned before in this previous announcement: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?159398-How-Event-Crates-amp-Chests-Work-During-the-Ursoth-s-Assault-Event these chests have a chance at dropping the brand new Mythic weapons!

Gold Tier

Leaderboards

If you're the competitive type, the leaderboards are what you'll want to focus on. Getting to the top of the leaderboards not only show's that you're the best of the best, but it comes with some pretty sweet rewards too. There are 4 leaderboards for Ursoth's assault: Overall, Top Mages, Top Rogues and Top Warriors.

The overall leaderboard is for bragging rights only and does not give out rewards. If you're in the top 50 for your class you'll receive this unique event banner: Elondria's Savior Banner.

Manage to make it into the top 10 on your classes' leaderboard and you'll be the proud owner of the newest Arcane pet, Shady & Surge!

Energy System

Just like in the Goblin Event, Energy Kits will be available for platinum that can be traded or sold for gold in the consignment shop.

They Replenish Over Time
Every 8 hours, you will earn one free energy...without having to do a thing! Neat.

Hai Rem, I like this game very very much.
Please explain to us how much point to reach every tier and how much point we get from each boss no 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Thank you Rem

lowratehitman
06-19-2014, 08:42 PM
The gold tier part does that mean well be reward an egg if we reach gold tier or we have to farm it?????

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

leoakre
06-19-2014, 08:54 PM
Meh! This energy system is boring and annoying! What happened to the good old-fashioned expansions we are accustomed to since season one? Some of us stopped feeding Sts our credit cards a few seasons ago due to the overwhelming greediness of the game when it comes down to developing only new ways for players to buy & spend Platinum, and not creating exciting new maps and challenges for us to explore and conquer with cool new quests to complete. I mean, take a look at the Goblin Event map...the same boring lifeless map with 4 different bosses?! Wow! Way to spend the money players have put into this game for the development of the Arlor story line. (Yes, I am being sarcastic) Why not give us new tombs & mines to run, or create new pvp maps or an updated version of the arena to master? I don't know but my interest in this game is fading and I am looking for more excuses not to play.

Gosh, didn't mean to get so long-winded
:/

ArtofWar
06-19-2014, 08:59 PM
Looks good except for the energy system but oh well...

greandeath
06-19-2014, 09:01 PM
Omfg!!!! Not again. Lower the replenish time for the energy. If its 3 like the last one then we have a serious problem. The essence crap helps but not by much. 8 hours is to long to wait for 3 energy balls >.< *screams* lower it to at least half that. That gives us more time to run the event and lest the non-plat users play more. I dont even have to say anything for the rich players because they don't really worry about this, at all!!!! This new client system is slowly ruining the game for all the non-plat users. Make some good events. Hopefully this event is going to be better. Last event sucks. I quit after I got to silver tier because the whole energy bs!!!

Fate-chan
06-19-2014, 09:02 PM
Uhm is the reward for being top 10 an egg for shady n surge or is it already a pet like when you buy mythic pet? Can it be traded? Is there a chance to loot the new arcane pet from new locked chests?

ArtofWar
06-19-2014, 09:05 PM
Omfg!!!! Not again. Lower the replenish time for the energy. If its 3 like the last one then we have a serious problem. The essence crap helps but not by much. 8 hours is to long to wait for 3 energy balls >.< *screams* lower it to at least half that. That gives us more time to run the event and lest the non-plat users play more. I dont even have to say anything for the rich players because they don't really worry about this, at all!!!! This new client system is slowly ruining the game for all the non-plat users. Make some good events. Hopefully this event is going to be better. Last event sucks. I quit after I got to silver tier because the whole energy bs!!!

This is exactly how I feel.

greandeath
06-19-2014, 09:06 PM
This is exactly how I feel.

the only thing I will do in this event is reach gold teir because of the chest ( which I will sell ), banner, and the pet (which I might even sell that depending on if the stats are worth keeping or not).

ArtofWar
06-19-2014, 09:10 PM
the only thing I will do in this event is reach gold teir because of the chest ( which I will sell ), banner, and the pet (which I might even sell that depending on if the stats are worth keeping or not).

Yeah I want the pet too but once I got it I'll quit the event for sure.

utpal
06-19-2014, 09:20 PM
lol that bear pet is cool. awesome pet for rogue and wars

Trenton
06-19-2014, 09:38 PM
A few things about the energy system, I know people hate it, and tbh, I also hated it, because I didn't have plat to spend, devs were telling people that you could also buy energy balls with gold, but no non-plat-buyer has 20m+ to spend to be on the leaderboards. A few changes should be made to the energy system, and I've seen a few decent ideas lately, such as:

1. Change the Energy Capacity from 3, to 6, and instead of getting 1 Energy each 8 hours, you would get two. Instead of 6 runs per day, and then getting bored, there would at least be 12 runs per day, which isn't necessarily a lot, but much better from what had been happening with the 10 minutes of gameplay then back to boredom.

2. Keep the Energy Capacity the same, but instead of 1 Energy every 8 hours, 1 energy every 4 hours. This isn't much different from 1., but it may be easier to implement a shorter timer, rather than a whole 3 extra energy slots to the screen. With this, you would only get 9 Energy per day, but it would cut out on the Chests and Mythic weapons becoming much less valuable, so quickly.

3. Let regular bosses drop energy. This wouldn't be a 100% chance at an Energy ball, but I think the higher the level, the better the chances would be. So Jarl from Brackenridge would be a 5% chance*, Frostbite from Nordr would be a 20% chance*, and any Tindirin bosses would be a 30% chance*. If you did an Elite Tindirin boss, that could be a 45%* chance at an energy ball. This way, people that are just normally farming could also get a small chance at another run through Ursoth. *Percent chances were completely made up.*

These are just a few suggestions, I'm obviously not saying that you should do one of these or else people will hate STS, but it would be a nice addition.

Milan Lame Man
06-19-2014, 09:48 PM
So this is no diferent from being able to farm energy from regular bosses, except it's better, right?
So STS has adressed people's complaints and they still complain.
Poor STS team.

Unrelated questions:
What is the expected timeframe to reach golden tier? Day 3? Day 20?
Will the PUG/solo difference in boss quality be fixed?
How many Elondrian essence to craft an Elocked?

deziira
06-19-2014, 10:04 PM
Its not even that we want to complain, but why do they make the BEST STUFF available to ONLY those who are RICH!????

Its not fair. The good old STS days in PL DL SL... Well u could farm ANYTHING given u put in enuff hours.

Soon AL will go the way of the other games and they will abandon it just like they did with the others.

kjed
06-19-2014, 10:09 PM
Awesome banner for lb..looks legit!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

FluffNStuff
06-19-2014, 10:11 PM
Does bronze tier also give the recipe for creating the new event locks? Will it also be purchase able for tokens?

rockllee
06-19-2014, 10:14 PM
Nice -.-

Milan Lame Man
06-19-2014, 10:17 PM
Its not even that we want to complain, but why do they make the BEST STUFF available to ONLY those who are RICH!????
I think the idea is that these rich people will spend LOTS of gold or plat to earn, lets face it, one pet, that is not super awesome at all.
I may be wrong though.
And yes, I would love to farm all my gear and pets, and I was quite disappointed when I realized AL is not that kind of game (can't loot Ethyl or Orion, and mythics would take forever).
AL is built around merching. Put in enough hours to get rich, and you can get pretty much anything. That's the AL way.

iluminatic
06-19-2014, 10:24 PM
I'm too tired to say something :banghead: i just leave one more time first time i delete my main character and now create a new one but this not make any sense... Dev just don't respond takes profit and games comes to deadline sadly :sly:

Froxanthar
06-19-2014, 10:27 PM
Me think me will get the Dovabear "once" me reach the gold tier right? Like how me get the ring in goblin event? now me think me like this event. me think me no need slag anymore the bear is so good, got panic too. :)

mark_02_neil
06-19-2014, 10:28 PM
when is that will happen

Meenmoon
06-19-2014, 10:33 PM
Wow!,, awesome.. thanks STS.. I wanted that pet.. haha...

Froxanthar
06-19-2014, 10:35 PM
the only thing I will do in this event is reach gold teir because of the chest ( which I will sell ), banner, and the pet (which I might even sell that depending on if the stats are worth keeping or not).'

Me think the pet is good.

Midievalmodel
06-19-2014, 10:53 PM
I think it was meant that overall = bragging, class specific board top 10 = reward.

This would be great. Since I don't have the time to play hours upon hours a day to chase the leader board for surge/shady pet, it would be awesome if this pet is available by other means. However, unfortunately I have a feeling STG will not be placing this pet in locked chests. Reasoning is that they wanna make this pet exclusive to drive people to spend platinum on energy balls (they are anticipating a grip load of money will be spent on energy balls to chase leaderboards). If they added this pet to locked chest then many wealthy in-game players will not try to chase leader board and instead wait for someone to pop open locked and buy it from them instead. The incentive to open locked chest will already be encouraged by the new mythic weapons. STG adding shady and surge to locked chest may only slightly increased the rate of locked opening but will pale in comparison to the amount of plat spent by players to chase the leaderboard.

Bunny♥
06-19-2014, 11:19 PM
yay! LB banner is cool!

Crowsfoot
06-19-2014, 11:26 PM
Fabulous. I would have been happy with less free energy but I will never turn it down ;) None the less, I expect negative feedback. Disregard them, I think the system is much more fair than any if the previous events.

Dovabear is essentially mythic in stats, even if he is lisyed as legendary which has yet to be foreseen, and is just what I was looking for as my 5th damage pet so I'm stoked to grind for him.

Top ten per class receiving Shady and Surge is fair, but it will make the pet much rarer than I was expecting. On one hand top 15-20 per class adds more, but diminishes the healthy competition the lb needs. I'm extremely surprised that the top 50 per class receive that banner. 150 players is the most I've seen receive a single banner. Hopefully I have a chance this time :D

I am wondering how a three week event will play out. I'd imagine many people will run out of funds since I hit -7mil after 6 days. We will have to see.

---

A few questions:

1) has portal holding been fixed, or will there again be a portal in the event's main town?

2) will the level scaling bug be resolved?

3) any chance we can see the other bear's stats? :)

Froxanthar
06-19-2014, 11:42 PM
Me want see the vanity for this event.

Me Grimlock will save the universe!

Xeusx
06-19-2014, 11:55 PM
YaY! Anyway, almost same with tarlok event, but still, I like both events :)
Will play after I complete this annoying and silly jobs in other games :P

Memnoch The Devil
06-20-2014, 12:56 AM
Lol crowsfoot that rich coming from you about the portal since I know you use the holding of the portal in the goblin event. No matter what you say and everyone else says an event where in order to get the new arcane pet you have to spend a couple of hundreds of dollars if not more to get the new arcane pet is not a good event. I'm speaking for my self, bcs I'm a pretty new player and don't have 100's of millions in the game to play. How can anybody feels this if fair? The idea of the event was to be played by all levels and enjoy, one energy every 8 hours how is that enjoyable? Give us 3 every 2 hours or so, will still not be a treat to the rich players or platinum spenders. Plus some of us don't have 24h a day to play to win that pet, so in the little time I can I would like to enjoy the event by playing it not running low maps so I can get essences to craft and wait for more time to craft the energy.

STS wants to make money? Fine, I agree with the fact that nothing comes free, make us then pay 2-3 dollars a month as a subscription fee and let us enjoy the game then ruining this for most of us.

SacredKnight
06-20-2014, 01:01 AM
Sounds good but to be honest 8 hours for one free energy is ridiculous, it should either be 8 hours for full energy or at the very least 4 hours for 1. That way we can play more during the day and less when we started the event.
Also is the distribution of tier bosses going to be even or do we just have to get lucky to find a boss that's actually up to the standard we are?

Xeusx
06-20-2014, 01:10 AM
Lol crowsfoot that rich coming from you about the portal since I know you use the holding of the portal in the goblin event. No matter what you say and everyone else says an event where in order to get the new arcane pet you have to spend a couple of hundreds of dollars if not more to get the new arcane pet is not a good event. I'm speaking for my self, bcs I'm a pretty new player and don't have 100's of millions in the game to play. How can anybody feels this if fair? The idea of the event was to be played by all levels and enjoy, one energy every 8 hours how is that enjoyable? Give us 3 every 2 hours or so, will still not be a treat to the rich players or platinum spenders. Plus some of us don't have 24h a day to play to win that pet, so in the little time I can I would like to enjoy the event by playing it not running low maps so I can get essences to craft and wait for more time to craft the energy.

STS wants to make money? Fine, I agree with the fact that nothing comes free, make us then pay 2-3 dollars a month as a subscription fee and let us enjoy the game then ruining this for most of us.
Show respect to the who u reply-ed, and if u ever read ToS or read forum rules, please try to remember it.

Memnoch The Devil
06-20-2014, 01:17 AM
I don't think I was disrespectful but to say that after you took advantage of the glitch? don't think is his place to make a complain about it.

tharidom
06-20-2014, 01:31 AM
And I was right shady and surge "special" obtaining way is the plat way.

Edit: make the energy essences drop now pls so we actually have a chance.

yanatotzkiie
06-20-2014, 01:37 AM
great changes, thanks sts .. but please can you restore full energy every 8hrs instead? *puppy eyes*

Euldor
06-20-2014, 02:49 AM
The event is very interesting. Makes me wanna be a full time player again. But of course, there's the evil energy system that's coming with it. So still not sure. If only you guys could just remove the energy system or at least replace it with a better one..

User111
06-20-2014, 02:53 AM
Will it be super hard to reach gold tier?

Lunareclipsee
06-20-2014, 03:18 AM
sts can u rmv the energy system, cos u r making this event only for big plat spender, make it same as tarlok event so we can farm the portal on our own, tht ll be more fun :)

Euldor
06-20-2014, 03:21 AM
Will it be super hard to reach gold tier?

I have the same question.
I'm sorry if this was answered on the previous pages (haven't read them), but will the tier levelling be similar to how it was in the goblin event?

Xeusx
06-20-2014, 03:22 AM
sts can u rmv the energy system, cos u r making this event only for big plat spender, make it same as tarlok event so we can farm the portal on our own, tht ll be more fun :)
Instead removing the energy system, just make something good for the energy system..

Lunareclipsee
06-20-2014, 03:59 AM
wats ur suggestion then :) btw the lb achievement shld be for those who`re rly addicted and crazy to this game, now its totally only for those who willing to spend a lot of money :(

KingMartin
06-20-2014, 04:36 AM
First of all, thank you for the new content! :)

I understand that in practice the only way to new weapons is via plats spent for energy and/or for crate popping.

But I don't understand why only toons (I am not saying players, I mean toons) that are online 24/7 have a chance to get the new pet.

So, there will be 30 eggs and then the pet will be discontinued without any chance to get it.

I am sad, because as a working person I can't sleep 2 hours a day and also I will not share my account with anyone. So, no new arcane pet for me :(

luduskonan
06-20-2014, 05:02 AM
Shady & Surge Pet is mithical or arcane????

Kingofninjas
06-20-2014, 05:07 AM
Already most people will have their crafting slots full with the new crates and everything. How about making energy farmable so we don't have to wait for even 2 hours.l
Also, will spirit chests be tradable?

Socrates
06-20-2014, 05:59 AM
zzzzz you heard it guys another easy victory for plat users to succeed since they didn't fix the time you have to wait about the energy balls. Lol it's funny because they said that it took more time to make this event better and more competitive I would advise all non plat users to not take part in this event as a way of denial in this event.Well at least reach the gold tier for the pet and then give up your choice.

Xeusx
06-20-2014, 06:03 AM
zzzzz you heard it guys another easy victory for plat users to win since they didn't fix the time you have to wait about the energy balls. Lol it's funny because they said will make this event better and more competitive I would advise all non plat users to not take part in this event as a way of denial in this event.
Really? Then they just quit from this game, I would advise u do see the event soon before u activate ur rage mad mode.

iluminatic
06-20-2014, 06:18 AM
We active Rage mode too many times when event has been released people just leave the game you can read these post forum

Socrates
06-20-2014, 06:36 AM
Really? Then they just quit from this game, I would advise u do see the event soon before u activate ur rage mad mode.

Zeus how come you say your opinion I say mine you wanna pay a fortune of gold go ahead I don't really care but plat users not only can finish the craft faster but can buy energy kits so it's even worse that the previous time. Yeah this is rage mode because they said that they will delay the event to fix some issues AND LISTEN OUR FEEDBACK I can't see that.Also you answer too fast in my post and didn't see I have edit it the moment I posted it. Now shhhhhhhh

Xeusx
06-20-2014, 06:50 AM
Zeus how come you say your opinion I say mine you wanna pay a fortune of gold go ahead I don't really care but plat users not only can finish the craft faster but can buy energy kits so it's even worse that the previous time. Yeah this is rage mode because they said that they will delay the event to fix some issues AND LISTEN OUR FEEDBACK I can't see that.Also you answer too fast in my post and didn't see I have edit it the moment I posted it. Now shhhhhhhh
Calm down, I respect ur post, show ur respect :)

Zynzyn
06-20-2014, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the teaser. However the energy system is still limiting.

Energy should be made more easily available and instead it is the Portals that should be made rarer than the goblin event so that we can have fun "hunting" for portals. 1 energy every 8 hrs or purchasing energy kits or crafting essences into energy sounds good on paper but it will not be much different from the Goblin event. Lets be honest, while the non-millionaire player is crafting essences into energy in his very little limited crafting slots, the millionaires will already surpass his tier points by leaps and bounds, and yes, he can never be on the LB for Shady and Surge. Inspite of the craftable kits which are not much of a consolation, this will be the real picture I assume, unless Energy is made more accessible to all.

Breezaga was so rare in the Tarlok event and yet everybody had the chance to open an event chest and by luck, acquire it. This time round, the leaderboard and the best pet are apparently pay-to-enter and win. The gap that was evident in the Goblin Event between the millionaire and the average spender, regarding the LB, will not be filled by the "change" in energy kits that sts has offered. This change is just a change for the sake of it. It is not a move to provide equal opportunity to all, is it? The 1 energy per 8 hr system still exists. The wait will be made a little less by craftable energy, but it will still be a wait that poses a hurdle to participation in the race for LB. We still wont be able to enjoy it freely like the Tarlok event.

Energy kits should drop as essences drop, (why the crafting hassle to further slowdown the player?), as it is crafting slots are only 5. Couldnt this Shady and Surge pet be rewarded in a contest that involves skill and effort instead of gold/plat grabbing energy kits....

Froxanthar
06-20-2014, 07:02 AM
Me hope this event is ok. The free banner, chest and Bear for everyone is enough for me and also me hope is not hard to reach gold tier. Me also want vanity from this event too because its pretty. Me think me want try this event before me mad at STS. Me think they not sleep working for this event. Me hope you all dont mad and give it a try first. Me think. Sorry.

Me Grimlock will save the universe!

Uikuha
06-20-2014, 07:09 AM
OMG dat bear!

Sorry my English

Memnoch The Devil
06-20-2014, 07:09 AM
We are no match for the plat and rich players either way.

The portals, honestly doesnt really matter how often or how manny in a map appear, they should just put one in town same as in goblin event since they didn't make the contest for all players.

Actually, they should just put it on the map so you don't have to teleport and loose a few seconds to go to it, they might loose the lb in that time.

Nelrevete
06-20-2014, 07:37 AM
Thx Remi, this is nice event! Can't wait. Fair for all players, my all characters can get nice items. But i see vanity, what about that? Will be in the platstore, when event starts or this vanity is special and We can get this vanity from chests or something like that?

ramboco
06-20-2014, 07:40 AM
:peaceful:

Thrindal
06-20-2014, 07:43 AM
We are no match for the plat and rich players either way.

The portals, honestly doesnt really matter how often or how manny in a map appear, they should just put one in town same as in goblin event since they didn't make the contest for all players.

Actually, they should just put it on the map so you don't have to teleport and loose a few seconds to go to it, they might loose the lb in that time.

I agree for the most part. The real fun and team building of the Tarlok event was the portal hunt. Unfortunately that doesn't seem possible now. The combination of Energy and town based portals removed that part of the fun.

I do think the craftable energy is a help. The question I have, which has not been answered yet, is what will be done to adjust essence drop rates? We are going from 3 essences to at least 5 essences so we are going from a 1/3 chance to a 1/5 chance for individual essences when essence drops. If nothing changes to essence drop rate your chance of looting any individual essence when essence drops will go down. By my simple math it will take as long to loot 3 essence for energy as it takes to loot between 5-6 essence today.

So if nothing changes with essence drop rate the 3 essences needed to craft energy is a bit understated in terms of the time required to loot the required essence.

Hoardseeker
06-20-2014, 07:49 AM
Getting shady and surge will make the Timed runs easier for Only 30Players...nah fair

Archerios
06-20-2014, 07:52 AM
The way I see it,STS has done a good job .
-You get the new event pet,Dovabear for free if you use your energy that replenish every 8 hours everyday for 3 weeks.Thats new pet for nonplat user too.You just online 15 minutes to use 3 energy kit in three weeks then BAM,you got new pet.
-Shady and Surge is categorized on Arcane pet which mean they are expansive and extreamly rare just like the other arcane pets.I believe we have heard there are many people that spend 5k-10k of platinums on locked just to get an arcane pet,right?
-Now we can craft those energy stuff.It mean poor player can obtain these energy kit too.
-Reaching silver tier give you the chest that has give you a chance to obtain new mythic weapon.
The conclusion is,STS still favor non plat user.The non plat user just have to obtain the fun harder than the plat user.It always like that since the season 1.Again good job STS:smile:

Samhayne
06-20-2014, 07:57 AM
Fabulous. I would have been happy with less free energy but I will never turn it down ;) None the less, I expect negative feedback. Disregard them, I think the system is much more fair than any if the previous events.

Dovabear is essentially mythic in stats, even if he is lisyed as legendary which has yet to be foreseen, and is just what I was looking for as my 5th damage pet so I'm stoked to grind for him.

Top ten per class receiving Shady and Surge is fair, but it will make the pet much rarer than I was expecting. On one hand top 15-20 per class adds more, but diminishes the healthy competition the lb needs. I'm extremely surprised that the top 50 per class receive that banner. 150 players is the most I've seen receive a single banner. Hopefully I have a chance this time :D

I am wondering how a three week event will play out. I'd imagine many people will run out of funds since I hit -7mil after 6 days. We will have to see.

---

A few questions:

1) has portal holding been fixed, or will there again be a portal in the event's main town?

A few answers:

There will be a portal in town. Given the issues with controlling portal rarity, we have moved away from hunting portals as the mechanism to access bosses.

Yes.

Not yet. We have to leave some things to look forward to finding out about!

Also, something to keep in mind, the Ursoth's Assault event is currently planned to run over at least 3 weekends. That's a lot of time!

Rubenmagkalas
06-20-2014, 08:10 AM
Meh! This energy system is boring and annoying! What happened to the good old-fashioned expansions we are accustomed to since season one? Some of us stopped feeding Sts our credit cards a few seasons ago due to the overwhelming greediness of the game when it comes down to developing only new ways for players to buy & spend Platinum, and not creating exciting new maps and challenges for us to explore and conquer with cool new quests to complete. I mean, take a look at the Goblin Event map...the same boring lifeless map with 4 different bosses?! Wow! Way to spend the money players have put into this game for the development of the Arlor story line. (Yes, I am being sarcastic) Why not give us new tombs & mines to run, or create new pvp maps or an updated version of the arena to master? I don't know but my interest in this game is fading and I am looking for more excuses not to play.

well said.

Socrates
06-20-2014, 08:13 AM
Getting shady and surge will make the Timed runs easier for Only 30Players...nah fair
correction the top ten players in lb will take shady and surge so 10players

Bigboyblue
06-20-2014, 08:14 AM
Sam,

Can STS reconsider this crafting of energy kits? It would be much better to reduce the drop rate by 1/3rd and let mobs drop energy kits themselves. We have limited crafting slots of only 5 and will need these slots to craft event chest. Even if you could make the new essences stashable then at least we can craft the chests on our alts and have our mains crafting energy.

Socrates
06-20-2014, 08:16 AM
Calm down, I respect ur post, show ur respect :)

Sorry man but got really pissed with letting the time of the energy balls the same it's like going to the lake that is miles and miles away to drink water and then decide not to.

cami
06-20-2014, 08:30 AM
I heard
New event... AWESOME
Drop mythic bow of rouge in chest.... AWESOME
New pets.... AWESOME
System energy.... BAD lol

cami
06-20-2014, 08:31 AM
why no make it like in christmas event? pay 15 plat for join to one boss, really STS want that i want time and money for bought one energy kit, and that of farm essence -.- zzzz lmao

cami
06-20-2014, 08:32 AM
this event if is same to goblin event, only rich players who have plat will win the event

Handel
06-20-2014, 08:32 AM
correction the top ten players in lb will take shady and surge so 10players

Correction: the top ten leaderboarders OF EACH CLASS will recieve shady and surge. So 30 players.
But you are right: it would be a shame, if these pets were only obtainable through the LB-contest.

cami
06-20-2014, 08:33 AM
and yes they are who paid real money to sts for food, gear, etc. and for that make it , i understand :/

Socrates
06-20-2014, 08:34 AM
Correction: the top ten leaderboarders OF EACH CLASS will recieve shady and surge. So 30 players.
But you are right: it would be a shame, if these pets were only obtainable through the LB-contest.

oooooo ok then but still only 30 players will have that pet

FluffNStuff
06-20-2014, 08:35 AM
But you are right: it would be a shame, if this pets were only obtainable through the LB-contest.

Correction, those who are IN the top 10 of each class will get shady and surge. 500 way tie for tenth place baby!!!

[which gets broken at the last second]

cami
06-20-2014, 08:36 AM
let me wrotte who will win in LB :
1) Zeus
2) Brutalkills
3) Tongasmash
4) Maestromaster
5) CTF
6) Moehammer
7) the rouge that who won in goblin event 1st ( i dont remember name)
8) Predador
9) and all rich player zzz

cami
06-20-2014, 08:36 AM
sts will must make one LB different one for poors and one for rich lool

cami
06-20-2014, 08:37 AM
Fair play lords lol

Xeusx
06-20-2014, 08:43 AM
let me wrotte who will win in LB :
1) Zeus
2) Brutalkills
3) Tongasmash
4) Maestromaster
5) CTF
6) Moehammer
7) the rouge that who won in goblin event 1st ( i dont remember name)
8) Predador
9) and all rich player zzz
All who win in lb is all who want to get in lb for the prices.
And ur 1-9 example is wrong, u will see soon

Also, do not spam post in same thread, it is spam.

Tendirin
06-20-2014, 08:51 AM
ok thnx

cami
06-20-2014, 09:00 AM

????????? spam, poor of you , when you learn to read and understand one situation and one example , talk with me for now only silent please :)

Xeusx
06-20-2014, 09:16 AM
????????? spam, poor of you , when you learn to read and understand one situation and one example , talk with me for now only silent please :)
Read this if u dont believe:

5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of examples of non-constructive posts. As a rule, non-constructive posting is not permitted:
Spam - this is considered to be repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users.

Bumping posts in order to keep them near the top of the list is also prohibited. Likewise, the use of "/signed" posts are discouraged in that it doesn’t engender constructive discussion.

Do not create threads/posts to “petition” or “lobby” for game features, additions, changes, or other issues. You may post suggestions and/or ideas to the boards, but you may not create a ‘petition’ for others to sign. This is bumping in disguise and will not be allowed. Lobbying is continually bringing up the same topic repeatedly in numerous different threads or as an off-topic post in official threads to get developer attention. This form of posting is not permitted.

Cross posting - As a courtesy to others before beginning a new thread, please look to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established using the Search feature. If so, place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forum needlessly and many good ideas may be lost. Use the Search link to keep discussions about one topic to one thread only.

Negative feedback can be very useful, provided that it is presented in a civil, factual manner. Tell us what you don't like and why and how you feel it could be improved. Posts that are insulting and rude may be deleted, no matter how valid the ideas behind them may be.

A rant is a post which is long-winded, redundant and filled with angry, non-constructive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and helpful in the development of the game, but rants are disruptive and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise, clear manner and avoid going off on rambling tangents.

False obituary threads are considered highly improper, and knowingly posting false news of a player’s real-life death may result in a ban of both your forum account and your game account.

Threads that make threats or use other combative language are not allowed.
Link:http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

Bomchong
06-20-2014, 09:29 AM
playing al is fun but if you know only those plat users can obtain the items you desperate to acquire and you need to farm endlessly to buy from them, what will you feel? From what I see it js an infinite vicious cycle in AL. I hope STS can address the problem

Ravager
06-20-2014, 10:00 AM
I do not agree with the selective distribution of Shady and Surge. Outside of Nightshade, Breezaga and Whimm are probably the rarest pets. I feel the amount of Whimms in the game was / is fair. That event lasted a few weeks. Restricting to roughly 30 Shady and Surges to the LB players is a disservice to many pet collectors out there who are not or may not be interested in the event. Sure reward them if you want but put them also in crates or the event crates. That way we are not forced to play the event if we don't like it but at least we will still play pvp or play in general.

When the level 31 mythic weapons had 2x drop chance it was for a single weekend and the the prices dropped on these pretty fast. This is a 3 week event, 2x chance and other mythics are out of the loot table. The prices will drop fast over a 3 week course. Mythic bow *may* be as common as magmatic daggers.

My suggestion is to take out 2x chance for mythic weapons and put Shady and Surge in.

Haligali
06-20-2014, 10:12 AM
I do not agree with the selective distribution of Shady and Surge. Outside of Nightshade, Breezaga and Whimm are probably the rarest pets. I feel the amount of Whimms in the game was / is fair. That event lasted a few weeks. Restricting to roughly 30 Shady and Surges to the LB players is a disservice to many pet collectors out there who are not or may not be interested in the event. Sure reward them if you want but put them also in crates or the event crates. That way we are not forced to play the event if we don't like it but at least we will still play pvp or play in general.

When the level 31 mythic weapons had 2x drop chance it was for a single weekend and the the prices dropped on these pretty fast. This is a 3 week event, 2x chance and other mythics are out of the loot table. The prices will drop fast over a 3 week course. Mythic bow *may* be as common as magmatic daggers.

My suggestion is to take out 2x chance for mythic weapons and put Shady and Surge in.

Dont worry, maybe a fake double chance, like the mythic eggs in lockeds.

Sephiroth143
06-20-2014, 10:17 AM
sts can u launch tis by next week? All muslims ard the world gonna fast soon & gonna b really busy (spring-cleaning, shoppin & etcs) & no time for games, hope you all understand, thank you.

Archerios
06-20-2014, 10:23 AM
The last goblin event that last only a week cause some of those leaderboader sick because some of them sleep 3-4 hours to maintain their position on LB.What gonna happened with 3 weeks event that reward you with OP arcane pet :tongue:?

Crowsfoot
06-20-2014, 10:42 AM
A few answers:

There will be a portal in town. Given the issues with controlling portal rarity, we have moved away from hunting portals as the mechanism to access bosses.

Yes.

Not yet. We have to leave some things to look forward to finding out about!

Also, something to keep in mind, the Ursoth's Assault event is currently planned to run over at least 3 weekends. That's a lot of time!
Thank you for the response.

I figured a portal in the town would be the response. It makes the competition more costly and spams items on to the market, but I couldn't think of an alternative myself that kept it fair. Satisfies other people that preferred the Tarlok system anyways so it is a good compromise.

Fair on the bear. I assume it will be a token pet as well and not as valuable. I was just itching to see if he would be a useful pet. Another player and I have been dreaming of a bear pet since season 4. It is going to be pretty sweet seeing a bunch of bears roaming around :)

I believe the 3 week duration has been mentioned before, and i will be interesting to see how the event will play out (leader board wise) since that is a potential 25+ mil gold cost to be competitive. Assuming leader board runners don't use plat, many may run out of gold 2 weeks in. Then again, the mythic weapon drops and crates may result in a profit. I'm hoping the latter, but only time will tell.

Again, thank you for the response. It seems that the delay in the event was well worth it.

luduskonan
06-20-2014, 10:43 AM
For democracy make Shady & Surge a mithical pet that people can buy with plats!

ishr
06-20-2014, 11:28 AM
crafting system its cool

Hoardseeker
06-20-2014, 11:31 AM
The only prize from leaderboards should be vanities.

1000000% percent agreeees

Eski
06-20-2014, 11:53 AM
Shame on you!
Making the arcane pet possible for the top10 do u want to kidding me?? I allready know the winners,same like goblin event
Sts u are verry disapointing atm.. shame on u
Also the energy?! Its like u didnt listened to the comunity!
Ugh ...

Atten
06-20-2014, 11:59 AM
The energy system in the Goblins' event was annoying. In Urstoth's event, energy kits will be craft-able so there is no problem now.

I have to admit that Goblins' even was boring. There were not many things to aim to buy, the vanity set was just a re-coloured vanity etc. (I am really curious about this rogue vanity set witch appears in the Ursoth's event photographs). Anyway, we see that there will be more stuff to buy on Ursoth's event.

One of the advantages is that we will not search for portals.The town-portal is better than having an AFK alt in a map with a portal.

However, I did not like the way that the new arcane pet, Shady and Surge, will be given to players. I think it would be better if we could loot it in Elondrian locked crates or something. Adding the Class Leaderboards, STS has kinda improved that though.

I want to mention that event tokens should not be able to be bought with platinum. It is an event and both rich and poor must work to earn them. Since tokens can be bought with platinum, platinum users just play the event because of the leaderboard exclusive awards.

An do not forget that STS wants to make money and not to only make us happy. They do want us to be happy but they have to make some profit!

In my opinion, Ursoth's event sounds way more exciting,interesting and enthusiastic than the Goblins' one! We are waiting to see it live! Good luck everyone!

Bunny♥
06-20-2014, 12:02 PM
The last goblin event that last only a week cause some of those leaderboader sick because some of them sleep 3-4 hours to maintain their position on LB.What gonna happened with 3 weeks event that reward you with OP arcane pet :tongue:?

i believe they put time limits on ursoths so players will still have time to rest.

keuiks
06-20-2014, 12:04 PM
Wow

------------------>KEUIKS<-------------------

izubattousaiOlrek
06-20-2014, 12:05 PM
STS dev team,

It is currently possible for players to use platinum to buy extra slots for CS, stash, and character inventory. Why not, if for events only, allow players to buy extra crafting slots as well? Possible to purchase with golden and/or platinum.

Twomucho
06-20-2014, 12:23 PM
I have a lot to say but I'm not going to say it all...only words I have are this makes it a solo event and I still can't play with friends as it should be intended...the whole game is built around friendships and frankly the only reason the majority play..say what you will but this does not fit a team event in any way....have fun to all those who will spend plat and wellness for an arcane pet...if it was about money for plat sales then I would say this still doesn't make good business sense bc you just lost me buying any plat and I have in the past bought plenty...it actually makes me sad and not mad at all...makes me question my part in the AL community...so much hatred these days from all sides

Raregem
06-20-2014, 12:32 PM

Yes, I'd much rather have shady and surge in lockeds than double odds chests. I'm an average player, I've been drooling over this pet for months to find out I can't have it and there will only be 30 in game. No shot at lb and by the time I save up the 50m to buy it they will all be opened. The lb should be rewarded with the pet but the little guys should have a shot at him too.

Kingofninjas
06-20-2014, 12:38 PM
So this is no diferent from being able to farm energy from regular bosses, except it's better, right?
Poor STS team.

Unrelated questions:

Sts has not fixed the problem. They have merely reduced the wait time from 8 hours to 2 hours.

kyou19
06-20-2014, 12:46 PM
Its funny that they didnt learn from the past event....
8hours to regen a single energy... Seriously??? Have you guys ever listen to us? Yeah, there will be a craftable energy kit but thats not the only item that we have to craft in our 5 Crafting Slot there are still the spirit chests and the Elockeds that we have to craft.
Im very much dissappointed that again a pet will only be obtainable by being on the top10, why not put them inside your craftable locked crates and award them with some awsome tree looking leaf falling all over the ground vanity instead? Rich getting more OP and richer while the poor... forget the poor. Its now all about money and not the excitement of the game. I remember when I was still playing OnC the game used to be great and simple and you have to farm for your own gear, untill the fourth dungeon came in everything went crazy and became p2w. AL is now turning exactly like that.
Well goodluck and I hope you guys are very much happy of what you have done and im pretty sure you guys are now laughing all the way to the bank while some are trying to spend their money just to save those plat for this very exciting and fair event so they can stay up all night without any sleep for 3 consecutive weeks just to get that very awesome and more important than your health arcane pet. Clap! Clap!

Kreasadriii
06-20-2014, 12:55 PM

Yes, really agree about it.
I just think the event like Goblin Event, Richer >> Winner..

Kingofninjas
06-20-2014, 12:56 PM
This scam about crafting the energy kits is just another way to get plat users to spend more and plat on completing the crafting faster. It doesn't really solve the non-plat users problems just reduces the scale of the problem.

My suggestion? Make energy farmable from Arlor bosses or reduce crafting time to maybe 15-30 minutes. And I'm not even gonna get started on the 8 hours wait for 1 energy. In my opinion that just ruins the event for 90% of the players and I wish STS luck in handling the millions of complaints they are recieving as I type this.

Serancha
06-20-2014, 01:05 PM
It kind of bothers me that the 2 posts in this thread that are thanked by a dev are one that says "disregard the complaints" and another saying "people still complain, poor sts". Is this not sending a clear message to the community that sts doesn't want to hear our input unless we agree with what they have done? The fact that this system is still way less than satisfactory is highly disappointing. All it has done is load up our crafting slots so we will have to spend plat like mad to be able to be productive.

8 hours for 1 energy replenish is insane. At least they could make it 5 energy slots and fill them up every 8 hours.

leoakre
06-20-2014, 01:16 PM
Poor STS team.

Unrelated questions:

Lol, they only addressed players complaints with more of the same being complained about...
:hopelessness:

Mortalninja
06-20-2014, 01:16 PM
Booyah! they got the bear idea, I saw someone writting about it like 2 months ago :3 (Ty Sts)

-Mortalninja

Bluevaporz
06-20-2014, 01:20 PM
My question to either Sam or Rem is if this arcane pet is limited to only the top 30 players and not going to be in crates as well like Whimm.

There isn't much benefit to restricting it to only leaderboard players. People who are going to burn through plat/gold to get at the top of the leaderboard will do so regardless of whether the pet is still available in crates. First there's always a little something called competition, second they are still getting an arcane pet. an arcane pet

IMO it makes little sense for the developers/graphic artists to spend their time as limited as it is (we hear this over and over..)on designing and game testing an arcane pet that will be available to so little. This isn't a simple color change to an existing arcane pet. I'm sure there are more than 30 Whimms running around somewhere in arlor (the last limited time arcane pet-correct me if i'm wrong) And think of all the additional work that the Whimms needed in refining to get them to live up to their arcane status.

I just think it's a huge waste and little cost benefit to STG to limit an arcane pet simply to the leaderboard.

greandeath
06-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Yeah I want the pet too but once I got it I'll quit the event for sure.

exactly. I mean there's no point after that because I for one dont have the time just to farm for the chest for new mythics and I don't have the time, let alone the money, to run the event millions of times non stop

Eski
06-20-2014, 01:39 PM

Ok lets take those thousands of otherd..but hes right ...
Those ppl will claim the lb an win that pet ...like i said before shame on u sts

Eski
06-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Sts ,remember to tarlok event.. it was verry fun!!!!
But money is changing it all...poor

leoakre
06-20-2014, 02:07 PM
It kind of bothers me that the 2 posts in this thread that are thanked by a dev are one that says "disregard the complaints" and another saying "people still complain, poor sts". Is this not sending a clear message to the community that sts doesn't want to hear our input unless we agree with what they have done? The fact that this system is still way less than satisfactory is highly disappointing. All it has done is load up our crafting slots so we will have to spend plat like mad to be able to be productive.

8 hours for 1 energy replenish is insane. At least they could make it 5 energy slots and fill them up every 8 hours.

My sentiments exactly, Sera! Why are only the positive feedback posts deserving of a Dev's acknowledgment of thanks?! Feels as though we have not been heard at all. Maybe it's just me, I don't know about the others who have played since season 1, but this game has had a special spot in my heart up until this last 'mega platinum friendly' season! And, this last Goblin event along with the planned Ursoth's event only leave me full of disappointment and sadness for a once fun, endearing, and very cool game. Our cries for the conservation of a once pleasurable gaming experience have fallen upon deaf ears...sighs.

leoakre
06-20-2014, 02:19 PM
The energy system in the Goblins' event was annoying. In Urstoth's event, energy kits will be craft-able soriches and is no problem now.

I have to admit that Goblins' even was boring. There were not many things to aim to buy, the vanity set was just a re-coloured vanity etc. (I am really curious about this rogue vanity set witch appears in the Ursoth's event photographs). Anyway, we see that there will be more stuff to buy on Ursoth's event.

One of the advantages is that we will not search for portals.The town-portal is better than having an AFK alt in a map with a portal.

However, I did not like the way that the new arcane pet, Shady and Surge, will be given to players. I think it would be better if we could loot it in Elondrian locked crates or something. Adding the Class Leaderboards, STS has kinda improved that though.

I want to mention that event tokens should not be able to be bought with platinum. It is an event and both rich and poor must work to earn them. Since tokens can be bought with platinum, platinum users just play the event because of the leaderboard exclusive awards.

An do not forget that STS wants to make money and not to full-pleasure us. They want to pleasure us but they have to make some profit!

In my opinion, Ursoth's event sounds way more exciting,interesting and enthusiastic than the Goblins' one! We are waiting to see it live! Good luck everyone!

Um...what? Sts wants to what us?!
:angel:

Crowsfoot
06-20-2014, 02:26 PM

The reason I said this is that the people arguing in general have these points:

1) the event is only for the rich and costs too much plat.

2) energy is too expensive and the cool down for more energy is too long.

3) Tarlok was the best event.

---

Here is my opinions towards those arguments:

1) Many lb Runners used gold not plat. Furthermore, there should be an advantage to rich players. There is an advantage to them in the current leaderboards, PvP, and elite so this advantage is expected.

2) The cool down is too long but the price per kit isn't that bad. Last event: 1 gyrm egg = 50 kits, 175 tokens (58 runs) = 20 kits, and locks covered many kits. Some players made money simply by looting a lot of gyrms. The myth weapons and double odd crates will make running the event profitable with the use if kits.

Should the cool down on energy be lowered? Yes, but will it change your odds of making the lb? Not a chance.

3) The Tarlok system that everyone is glorifying almost made me quit the game. In that event you COULDN'T compete without plat. At least now everyone has equal odds. The guaranteed dragon for 1 plat was ridiculous and destroyed the market. The tier system and random boss spawns rewards time invest!sent, something we have never seen before.

The energy system is ingenious in my opinion. It allows STG to make money off of both plat by encouraging usage of a disposable item by nonplat players. It also creates a supply and demand market controlled by the players instead if purely the in game store (same goes for elixir kits).

---

This aside, I would like to think my post was thanked because of the analysis of what was provided and questions that were directly related to problems that delayed the event. Those questions were answered and shows that the two major glitches that gave early advantages have been resolved. Were there better ways to handle portal holding? Probably, but coding a system that is 100% bullet proof is unlikely. STS isn't going to risk cheating in this event with 30 SnS eggs on the line.

I do have a bias. I am a nonplat player. As such, I'm a dog with a bone with an event that gives no definite advantage to plat players. I have the same chance at the lb as anyone else. The deciding factor will be time investment which is something I've been lobbying for in AL since I joined the forums.

Raregem
06-20-2014, 02:26 PM

This made me lol!

epicrrr
06-20-2014, 02:34 PM
So 30-40 Shady and Surge will be awarded, and considering this a 3 week events those who are trying to get this pet on our guild will have low chance even if we spend 8k plats. Hope they change of how Shady will drop, combined locks or locks. The tarlok event ran for 3-4 weeks and we've had enough supply for whims until now there are some left in hiding or hoarded. So i dont see how setting a definite number of shady and surge is going to be effective.

Raregem
06-20-2014, 02:36 PM
Why are you been selfish bro?? So if many players will have mythic weapons... You want to keep feeling like top dog in Acane legends?? Is that what it is??

How is it being selfish? He is lobbying to get more players Shady and Surge plus mythic weapons... He is not saying to remove mythic weapons and people will still open crates even if it's "normal" odds. He is asking for a compromise so everyone can have a chance at the arcane pet not just the LB people.

Titanium
06-20-2014, 02:48 PM
I dont know about any of you guys. Every arcane pet should be found in LOCK CHESTS. Whatever that lock chest is. If someone wants to do leaderboard thats why he has banner for it and a bit of bonus ( arcane pet ).
Leaderboards are made for people who spent TIME to be there. They didnt have any special reward only a banner as a proof. When i said time i didn't say 3 weeks.. i meant maybe years ( PvP especially ) . Why not every people who are apart of any kind of leaderboard should get an arcane pet at the end of a season? Just saying :) They spent time too.. They spent golds too.

Put Shady & Surge in Lock Chests ! You can't make an exclusive pet for 30 people!!

Excuses
06-20-2014, 03:01 PM
Just to make sure.

Does this mean the egg will just be give when we reach gold tier? (like the Goblin rings)
Or you mean we will be able to farm in gold tier?

In first case, can we farm the egg more or not? (will the eggs drop from event box?)

Sam.

Do you mind answering this?

Edited a bit for better understanding.

Serancha
06-20-2014, 03:06 PM
Why are you been selfish bro?? So if many players will have mythic weapons... You want to keep feeling like top dog in Acane legends?? Is that what it is??

How is making an arcane pet available for all players, rather than just those who spend the most plat, being selfish? Sounds like someone's got issues.

Bless
06-20-2014, 03:12 PM

How is making an arcane pet available for all players, rather than just those who spend the most plat, being selfish? Sounds like someone's got issues. The irony in Thrucho's post!

leoakre
06-20-2014, 03:26 PM
This made me lol!

Come on now... I couldn't have been the only one who caught that! Maybe the only one commenting on it, but not the only one thinking it!
:devilish:

Atten
06-20-2014, 03:37 PM

Oh my bad.. I used a noun as a verb lol ^.^

leoakre
06-20-2014, 03:43 PM
Oh my bad.. I used a noun as a verb lol ^.^

Omg! HAHAHA! Is that what you are fretting over?!
:tickled_pink:

Energizeric
06-20-2014, 03:55 PM
I didn't have time to read this whole thread, but I read Remiem's post, and here are my comments about the new event:

1) I like the new ideas added, especially crafting energy

2) For those of you complaining, that means you can technically have 21 energy for every 8 hours. You can craft 5 every 2 hours, and then get one free every 8 hours. That is a lot for sure. That means 63 energy per 24 hours.

3) Yes, you will need to spend gold or plat to make the leaderboard. That is how every leaderboard in arcane legends has always been. But notice I said gold OR plat. Zeus was #2 on the leaderboard in the Goblin event and he never spent any plat during the event. He just bought lots of energy kits for gold. So no, you don't need plat. But yes, you need to spend something. If you don't have enough gold to compete, then I suggest you work on that instead of competing in this event, and save up some gold so that maybe you can compete in the next event, or one down the line.

Remember that this game is an MMO and is a long term game that takes lots of hard work to accomplish things and be successful. Yes, plat can help save you time in that journey. But you can do it without plat. I have not bought much plat in the past year, and have not opened a single locked crate, and have managed to save 50m gold since last August. So don't tell me it is not possible. It just takes a long time and you must work hard at it.

epicrrr
06-20-2014, 04:09 PM
3) Yes, you will need to spend gold or plat to make the leaderboard. That is how every leaderboard in arcane legends has always been. But notice I said gold OR plat. Zeus was #2 on the leaderboard in the Goblin event and he never spent any plat during the event. He just bought lots of energy kits for gold. So no, you don't need plat. But yes, you need to spend something. If you don't have enough gold to compete, then I suggest you work on that instead of competing in this event, and save up some gold so that maybe you can compete in the next event, or one down the line.

Remember that this game is an MMO and is a long term game that takes lots of hard work to accomplish things and be successful. Yes, plat can help save you time in that journey. But you can do it without plat. I have not bought much plat in the past year, and have not opened a single locked crate, and have managed to save 50m gold since last August. So don't tell me it is not possible. It just takes a long time and you must work hard at it.

You forgot to mention how much Zeus has spent, anyway that's up to his discretion.

The way AL is set up right now we are moving away and away from the core mechanics of this game, such as Arcane egg being exclusive to the games driving force if you will which is opening locks. Will this be a good thing? I guess we'll have to wait till that 30 pets are out circulating the market, how many will be merched and how many will be hatched.

Thrucho
06-20-2014, 04:11 PM
How is making an arcane pet available for all players, rather than just those who spend the most plat, being selfish? Sounds like someone's got issues.

I was talking about his idea of taking out 2x chance on mythic weapons.. Hope STS don't listen to him

Samhayne
06-20-2014, 04:15 PM
Gold Tier

When you cross from any of the tiers (Pre-Bronze to Bronze, for example) you will instantly be granted the rewards associated with that Tier.

In the case of going from Silver to Gold, you will be instantly granted the tradeable Dovabear Pet Egg. If your inventory is full, it will simply overflow and you will still get it. If you want more Dovabear pet eggs, you would need to advance another character to the Gold Tier. If you choose to then go on and sell it, gift it or open it yourself - that is your decision.

Thrucho
06-20-2014, 04:15 PM
The irony in Thrucho's post!

Haha it's funny because you guys are in such a hurry to defend your friend that you didn't read his post.. He is asking to take 2x on mmythic out... I never said anything about arcane pet.. Hehe now go read his post again if you want to reply ;)

deadcobain
06-20-2014, 04:20 PM
Being able to craft energy makes a big difference. Looking forward to seeing new maps and bosses - hope it's not all going to be as drearily green and gooey as the goblin ones lol. The tier rewards are great. I reckon the token items will be good too.

ain't got no how whatchamacallit (kurt cobain)

Thrucho
06-20-2014, 04:22 PM
How is it being selfish? He is lobbying to get more players Shady and Surge plus mythic weapons... He is not saying to remove mythic weapons and people will still open crates even if it's "normal" odds. He is asking for a compromise so everyone can have a chance at the arcane pet not just the LB people.

I never said anything about arcane pet.. I don't like the idea of taking out the 2x cchance on mythic ... You guys want mythic to be 30m 40m 50m.. They don't have to be so expensive.. Not any one has 1m in game let a long 30m .. That's why I saying that he is being selfish

Skeletonlord
06-20-2014, 04:29 PM
Nice!

This event already seems to be better than last time. I really like the sound of that pet. I need a new one! :)

Still a little worried about the energy mechanic. So, essentially every 24 hours, we get 3 runs in the event. If the event lasts for about 21 days, this means that we get about 63 runs ish until the event is over. Is this enough time to get all the tiers?

Do we still collect tokens to spend in he event town?

Raregem
06-20-2014, 04:34 PM
I never said anything about arcane pet.. I don't like the idea of taking out the 2x cchance on mythic ... You guys want mythic to be 30m 40m 50m.. They don't have to be so expensive.. Not any one has 1m in game let a long 30m .. That's why I saying that he is being selfish

He was suggesting that as a compromise, so we could get the arcane pet into lockeds. He was just stating what happened last time with the 2x mythic weekend. The post was focusing on the arcane pet and one possible option so we could all have a chance to get it. Maybe next time you can ask the person to elaborate instead of jumping in and calling names and making ugly allegations towards other players. Or even better make a suggestion that offers a different solution to be constructive.

Ravager
06-20-2014, 04:47 PM

I proposed a suggestion so that it would be a viable option to put Shady and Surge into the crates. Simply requesting Shady and Surge be put into crates without any trade-off and the suggestion may be ignored. The company is still aiming to make money after all.

When 31 Mythic Weapons were first introduced with 2x chance of dropping it only lasted a weekend roughly. Prices started at around 10m and quickly dropped to about 3m. So again that was only a weekend. This event is 3 weeks. Sure it may cost a *little* more or little more effort to open these but it will not stop most crate poppers at all or even slow them down. How much do you expect Mythic weapons to be at the end of 3 weeks? Will people even want to open them by then since the price will have declined so much due to flooding of the weapons?

Trading off 2x chance for mythic weapon IN EXCHANGE for putting Shady and Surge in would probably help keep the price reasonable on everything.

Aiming or "top dog" or whatever is irrelevant. I will most likely to be able to get my gear, my pet, etc. If I was being selfish, I would recommend something absurd to make things cost more such as more plat/gold for energy kits. I'm looking out for my friends, guild mates or anyone else who just enjoys playing to collect and casually play (even though I'm a bit more than a casual player).

Milan Lame Man
06-20-2014, 05:02 PM
S+S better drop from Elondrian crates too or you're going to have a freaking riot on your hands.
You think giving 50m to 30 random people would change anything? IMHO it would ruin the game for them. What are you gonna do with 50m? Buy Sammy, mythic bow, PvP all day and complain how there's nothing to do? Might as well quit the game.
And for other players, it's not good either. So someone was just lucky? Are we playing a game or a lottery?

you're giving out 30 50mil arcane pets to whoever can run nonstop with plat?
I doubt it will be necessary to run mission map 20/7 to get to 10th place. If there are enough people willing -and capable- to do that... oh well. I have been wrong before.

I just think the event like Goblin Event, Richer >> Winner..
Arcane pets cost 20-40m. You can spend that money while getting to leaderboard, or to buy egg from CS. Your choice.
I prefer both over a lottery, see above. ARCANE pets are NOT for everyone.

Decrease plat cost to 5 per 5 energy or you aren't solving this particular problem. 10k gold per energy kit is not viable.

All it has done is load up our crafting slots so we will have to spend plat like mad to be able to be productive.
It's the same for everyone, and rewards are designed to take that into account.
Would you want to run the event 12 hours a day, instead of 1 hour, if the final reward was the same? I prefer 1 hour.

Sts has not fixed the problem. They have merely reduced the wait time from 8 hours to 2 hours.
I can't remember Tarlok all that well but 1 portal in 30 minutes sounds about right, maybe 1 in 15. But now you're guaranteed a good boss once you reach silver/gold tier, so if you skipped Goblin and Wolf during Tarlok, you get same fights with the new system.
Yes, it may be necessary to farm a lot of essence fast, and craft energy during the day and locks over night :-(
I wish it was possible to queue crafting tasks :cool:

I have a lot to say but I'm not going to say it all...only words I have are this makes it a solo event
Yes this is going to be a solo event, especially now that Sam dodged the question about pug/solo difference in rewards :mad:

IMO it makes little sense for the developers/graphic artists to spend their time as limited as it is (we hear this over and over..)on designing and game testing an arcane pet that will be available to so little.
Yes, the same idea occured to me with Nightshade. All this talk about limited game resources, and now they put in a pet that only 3 (or 5) people will ever have? That's a waste if I've ever seen one.

Serancha
06-20-2014, 05:10 PM
Would you want to run the event 12 hours a day, instead of 1 hour, if the final reward was the same? I prefer 1 hour.

I'd rather be able to run as much as I want / am able to, no matter what the reward is. Something is very wrong with the concept of having players' ability to run / play as they wish restricted.

Yes, I understand STS put in a bunch of time to make this event system and made a major mistake of building it around an energy system that nobody wants. However, just because something has been done does not mean it can't be changed. STS has always told us that no change is final, but the statements from them now seem to say that energy is never going away.

If this must be the case so they don't toss out what they obviously spent a bunch of time developing, it needs to be adapted significantly in order to slow down the exodus of players from the game. This is what the community is asking for. I just hope we are heard.

lowratehitman
06-20-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm rethinking that this event won't be that bad. Seems we will get awesome stuff when we reach each tier and plats user and rich people well get the main price because they earned it and they paid a lot of money to deserve that significant pet (shaddy and surge). And also, they gave us a large amount of time to actually reach this tiers. So pls respect what the sts are doing for us and their plans for this awesome event. The only problem that I have is the energy kit system. That's the only main thing that everybody is worried about.

Edit item to time...i hate auto correct

Atten
06-20-2014, 05:32 PM

I do not fret over it. What should I fret over? :D

Iliketolol
06-20-2014, 05:40 PM
How about just removing energy from the game? Tbh it rlly sucks alot... We just wnna enjoy this event to fullest after months of boredom.....

Anarchial
06-20-2014, 05:44 PM
I played this game whenever I felt distressed or unhappy as the game had a tendency of making me happy. Running elites with guildies , chatting ..all this accounted for non stop fun. During last event when I felt like I want to play I logged in and found I had 0 energy and it would still take 8hrs for 1 energy ball. So I was left with two options, buy energy balls to run exciting and new maps or run other boring maps. I didnt choose the latter. I simply shut down the game and moved on to another game. Even though I hardly play any more but still I like to read the forums here.
Firstly, The way STS has limited any time exclusive content play option(you login any time to play the exciting maps) will greatly reduce motivation because there are many players who knows leaderboard is out of scope but still wanna try for pink loots.
Secondly, I clearly see STS didnt learn anything from last event's loot rewards. Last event I didnt like three players tying and getting the pet reward. I thought it to be cheating(but later found out otherwise that they were bffs irl) . Since sts has decided to go with lb rewards I sincerely hope that many many players tie in top 10 positions so that they would have to give more than potential 30 arcane pets. Sts haa turned into an adamant baby refusing to learn and probably this would be the way for them to learn how bad lb loot is.
And its very likely that STS wont put shady and surge in locked crates as someone already pointed out how it will result in their sales decrease.

And as Serancha already pointed out that its quite disrespectful to the community(majority of whom are non plat users) when a dev just likes post where someone compliments STS for good work whereas in a post where people are demanding answers gets no answer at all.
Anyways I still hope as more and more ideas are being evolved around the energy system, hopefully they would find a chord that would strike both with plat users and non plat users.

Kreasadriii
06-20-2014, 06:05 PM
You think giving 50m to 30 random people would change anything? IMHO it would ruin the game for them. What are you gonna do with 50m? Buy Sammy, mythic bow, PvP all day and complain how there's nothing to do? Might as well quit the game.
And for other players, it's not good either. So someone was just lucky? Are we playing a game or a lottery?

I doubt it will be necessary to run mission map 20/7 to get to 10th place. If there are enough people willing -and capable- to do that... oh well. I have been wrong before.

Arcane pets cost 20-40m. You can spend that money while getting to leaderboard, or to buy egg from CS. Your choice.
I prefer both over a lottery, see above. ARCANE pets are NOT for everyone.

I can't remember Tarlok all that well but 1 portal in 30 minutes sounds about right, maybe 1 in 15. But now you're guaranteed a good boss once you reach silver/gold tier, so if you skipped Goblin and Wolf during Tarlok, you get same fights with the new system.
Yes, it may be necessary to farm a lot of essence fast, and craft energy during the day and locks over night :-(
I wish it was possible to queue crafting tasks :cool:

Yes this is going to be a solo event, especially now that Sam dodged the question about pug/solo difference in rewards :mad:

Yes, the same idea occured to me with Nightshade. All this talk about limited game resources, and now they put in a pet that only 3 (or 5) people will ever have? That's a waste if I've ever seen one.

So what I bold right? Richer >> Winner.

Just changed the content like only 3 top winner on classes get the egg, remove energy system.
The game still very competitive to get the egg even no need to spending gold for energy elixirs or spending plat like happened in Goblin Event..

We just give feedback what needed to changes for many players in AL, because this event seems not to every players.
What we need from event is Opportunity, right?, it takes time and effort to get the goal of the event by enjoying the event free..
Free here means not spending gold for energy and plat.

eugene9707
06-20-2014, 06:12 PM
about the arcane pets, i prefer those contests where it comes down to your effort and luck(participate daily), rather than who can pull the most allnighters and spend the most plat or gold

just throwing that out there ...

Energizeric
06-20-2014, 06:37 PM
You forgot to mention how much Zeus has spent, anyway that's up to his discretion.

The way AL is set up right now we are moving away and away from the core mechanics of this game, such as Arcane egg being exclusive to the games driving force if you will which is opening locks. Will this be a good thing? I guess we'll have to wait till that 30 pets are out circulating the market, how many will be merched and how many will be hatched.

Zeus spent a ton of gold, but then he looted tons of eggs and tokens which he used to buy amulets and more eggs to sell in the auction, and then in the end he sold his reward pet egg for 30m. In the end I believe he profited a ton and ended up with considerably more gold than he spent. You would have to ask him for the specifics, but he lead me to believe he was about even prior to selling the reward egg.

As for the shift away from locked crates, yes it appears they are doing this. For over a year there were endless complaints that this game was "pay to win" due to the locked crates. So STS is now instead shifting the plat spending to these events, and now even more complaints. I think ultimately people just want STS to be a charity and only then will they be happy.

The suggestions I have seen thus far as alternatives to locked crates are things that would never earn nearly enough plat sales. People are not going to spend big money on this game unless it gives them considerable advantage. That is how it is, people are very frugal with their money and spend it wisely. If you don't give them large benefit, they won't spend and will just play the game for free.

You can count me as one of those people. I won't even open a locked crate as to me it is too much of a gamble. I will only spend my plat when it gives me something guaranteed that will give me big rewards, like a mythic pet or elixir. But if all the plat spenders spent as little plat as I do, STS would be out of business.

My opinion is that this event system is much better than the locked crates, and I love the shift they are trying to make. Think about it.... With the goblin event, they gave out 3 super rare eggs (end up being 5) for being top 3 on the leaderboard. As a result of this, dozens of players spent huge amounts of plat to try to be one of those 3. STS earned a ton of cash, and it didn't really have any negative effects on the rest of the player base as these 5 pets given out are so rare that you will most likely never encounter one during a PvP battle. So it's a win/win for everyone. STS earned their revenue, and everyone else gets a fun game they can play for free.

It's actually worse if STS releases a super OP pet and puts it in locked crates, because then they won't be so rare and you will get owned in PvP every time you run up against it, and if you are a non-plat player you would be at a big disadvantage not having that pet. Think about Samael in reference to that example. Now imagine if there were only 5 Samaels in existence instead. Would the game be better or worse?

Classychic
06-20-2014, 07:01 PM

Hohoho I had to check what STS wanted to do with us in his/her post! Still rofl!!

Ansm
06-20-2014, 09:21 PM
yaaaayy! at lasstt! they got banner now for the other player not just the top 25 :D but still got banner for top 50 but its fiinnee :D this is going to be Ffuunn :D but the Shady and Surge. I wish this pet can be loot in locks too :) goodluck guys!

Chihiro
06-20-2014, 10:16 PM
well i really dislike about energy system.. i retired since goblin event, hopefully i can comeback play (school holiday now) but this event totally looks same :(
ok we need "Delphina" back, we need tarlok event, was so fun yep very much fun.. yo Delphina Rock ^^v

glengon
06-20-2014, 10:36 PM
Can someone please explain how tiers work and how to get to each tier?? Wasnt here during the golblin event.

Energizeric
06-20-2014, 11:07 PM
Can someone please explain how tiers work and how to get to each tier?? Wasnt here during the golblin event.

Each time you kill an event boss you get a certain number of event points. It works kind of like XP points. Once you reach a certain number of points, you achieve bronze level. Then eventually silver and then gold. When you are at a higher tier, you have a better chance at getting the better/harder bosses when you enter a portal, and the better bosses drop better loot and better chests.

Energizeric
06-20-2014, 11:09 PM
That reminds me, any word on whether we are going to be grouped by tiers in this new event, or will we have the same old problem of getting stuck with a bronze tier player even though we are gold tier, and getting a lousy boss?

Given the energy system and how we have to hunt for and craft energy, our guild members and friends are not always ready to go through a portal when we are. So it sucks to have to join PUGs and maybe they are a lower tier than you.

Has this issue been addressed for the Ursoth's Assault event?

leoakre
06-20-2014, 11:37 PM
well i really dislike about energy system.. i retired since goblin event, hopefully i can comeback play (school holiday now) but this event totally looks same :(
ok we need "Delphina" back, we need tarlok event, was so fun yep very much fun.. yo Delphina Rock ^^v

The Tarlok event was nice! It had a few drawbacks but overall it was very enjoyable, and thankgod we didn't have to use this new energy system!

I do so miss Delphina. Always found it so darn cute when she had all her guildies and friends spam 'I Love You' in pms! Just adorable! Delphy was great at making so many feel special, even if it was just for the little things...
:subdued:

utpal
06-21-2014, 12:20 AM
sts please make energy kits purchasble via gold from store for 2k like same in season 1 u can gamble a chest for 1k gold.

buying kits with 10-15k is not profitable. needs luck to get good drops. also very frustrating when one gets useless drop from boss after using 15k to enter.
I hope boss doesn't drop greens and epics.
should drop only tokens and chest.

why tarlok is still good as it was free as well as u r sure to get 8tokens atleast for free as well as a chest.

Memnoch The Devil
06-21-2014, 01:24 AM
I think that a solution so everybody can be happy is if the price of the energy drops so then most of the players can play. I think this can be achieved if STS makes the amount of energy bought with plat is to be more.

For exemple instead of 5 energy for 25plat, make 10 for 20 or 15 for 30 so ppl that work and dont have all day to run for essences to craft and just wanna run with theyre friends can do that.

This way everybody wins. STS will make less money but will have alot of happyer players, and the leaderbords will be able to run the for the whole 3 weeks.

in my opinion this is a win win so both new players and old ones can play.

Sundar Moorthi
06-21-2014, 03:03 AM
ohh dear remi pls put the arcane pet (shady&surge) into d locked crate.... if its only for lb players thn creat a much more op pet putit into locks... thn only v plat users will b happy

firechandra
06-21-2014, 03:06 AM
My personal opinion (not plat spender opinion)

Pros:
-Many ways to earn gold for everyone like do more toons and reach gold tier in every toon and than sell some eggs and chests
-Chance to drop mythic weapons in chests also for not plat users
-vanities and or other items to use or sell (showed in the picture)

Cons:
- Gold tier pet like gyrm seems more mythic than legendary and their stats make old good pets value drop down because they aren't desired anymore
- Too many things to craft energy + lockeds for only 5 craft slots that can't be expanded
- Energy crafting and the fact no new items will be probably put in old lockeds ruins their value
- event annoucement was too much time before the event--> hype disappears and market is stuck for many weeks because all stocked lockeds and less players buyed elite items waiting to see new event items (cause itemization should have been new good items every few weeks not every 3-4 months right?)
- to have new good items and make gold there's the requirement to play 3 weeks many hours a day and many people plat users or not don't have so much time(because they study, work or go to holidays because it's summer) and it's boring to spend hours hunting essences and crafting and enjoy real event maps for 2-3 mins each x hours

I hope:
- there will be more mobs and not always the same map as in gobling event to not make it so boring
- system that will put random people in the same portal will choose people of the same tier (or tier doesn't affect wich boss appears)
- energy consumed only when the event boss is killed to not loose energy if you got dc before.

Conclusion:
There has always been more chance to get exclusive and strong items/pets for plat users, before with locked and now with leaderboard and it's fine for me, I prefere to farm and play hard for my target instead of just spending and reach it soon, this when I see I can reach the target so I'm happy there will be 30 pets instead of 3, more people will want to sell it I suppose. Prior impression about Ursoth event seems much better than goblin but I think a little more effort can be done by sts for future events.
My advice is: to make energy craftable also when there aren't active events, announce the event 1 week max before the beginning and each day of that week reveal little information, make new pets with new abilities but not too much stronger than old pets of same rarity and add some more leaderboard pets as reward like maybe 60.

glengon
06-21-2014, 05:21 AM

Each time you kill an event boss you get a certain number of event points. It works kind of like XP points. Once you reach a certain number of points, you achieve bronze level. Then eventually silver and then gold. When you are at a higher tier, you have a better chance at getting the better/harder bosses when you enter a portal, and the better bosses drop better loot and better chests.
Ahh thx. But how many points do we need for each tier? Is it hard to reach gold for a non-hardcore player?

cookiehunterx
06-21-2014, 05:27 AM
Any pet also nightshade?

sorry for my english

sazib
06-21-2014, 05:28 AM
well not going to give any opinion.. worthless.. many gave many opinion in goblin event [as you guys said its a test project] including me!! all said to remove energy system and make more or less like tarlok event and you guys just included energy crafting system :\ huh.. Nothing to say really.. This game is for rich player even i got few money to run and get few pets or new items but think about the player who hardly can earn gold.. 50% of my pve friend alr quited this game and i also dont find its any interesting.. This season is total flop in my view [may differ in ur eyes idc] Good luck with this pve events !! One more event um going to check !! Thank you STS for this game!! IF i said Anything bad um Sorry :grumpy:

Socrates
06-21-2014, 05:39 AM
The reason I said this is that the people arguing in general have these points:

1) the event is only for the rich and costs too much plat.

2) energy is too expensive and the cool down for more energy is too long.

3) Tarlok was the best event.

---

Here is my opinions towards those arguments:

1) Many lb Runners used gold not plat. Furthermore, there should be an advantage to rich players. There is an advantage to them in the current leaderboards, PvP, and elite so this advantage is expected.

2) The cool down is too long but the price per kit isn't that bad. Last event: 1 gyrm egg = 50 kits, 175 tokens (58 runs) = 20 kits, and locks covered many kits. Some players made money simply by looting a lot of gyrms. The myth weapons and double odd crates will make running the event profitable with the use if kits.

Should the cool down on energy be lowered? Yes, but will it change your odds of making the lb? Not a chance.

3) The Tarlok system that everyone is glorifying almost made me quit the game. In that event you COULDN'T compete without plat. At least now everyone has equal odds. The guaranteed dragon for 1 plat was ridiculous and destroyed the market. The tier system and random boss spawns rewards time invest!sent, something we have never seen before.

The energy system is ingenious in my opinion. It allows STG to make money off of both plat by encouraging usage of a disposable item by nonplat players. It also creates a supply and demand market controlled by the players instead if purely the in game store (same goes for elixir kits).

---

This aside, I would like to think my post was thanked because of the analysis of what was provided and questions that were directly related to problems that delayed the event. Those questions were answered and shows that the two major glitches that gave early advantages have been resolved. Were there better ways to handle portal holding? Probably, but coding a system that is 100% bullet proof is unlikely. STS isn't going to risk cheating in this event with 30 SnS eggs on the line.

I do have a bias. I am a nonplat player. As such, I'm a dog with a bone with an event that gives no definite advantage to plat players. I have the same chance at the lb as anyone else. The deciding factor will be time investment which is something I've been lobbying for in AL since I joined the forums.
ok I'm going to answer to your points one by one
1) You said that plat players are in lb and paying their money to help StS to DEVELOP the game so it's logical to have the advantage. Well I thought that all this arcane gear and lb and gold on their acc was the advantage. But the pint is that when you do an event all and I mean ALL players need to have the shame odds especially when an arcane pet is one the line.
2) Yes if the lower the cooldown in like 15 min for 1 energy it will be helpful as for the price are you kidding me 15k for 1 energy is a good price that means that with 100k I can buy 4? is that a good deal for you?
3) Well yes the tarlok event was fun with all the loyal players hunting for the portal and I think you have your facts wrong the portal wasn't only 1plat for dragon it was 16plats or maybe 32plats if I'm not wrong but I don't think this is a problem because StS could make a simple adjustment to the upcoming event get nothing with plats. You will saay ohh what this guy is saying what about the advantage of this player that spend their money on game. If this questions crossed your mind you make me sick we see plat users advantage every day everywhere sooooo....... don't be so desperate

Naoavi
06-21-2014, 05:58 AM
I'd rather be able to run as much as I want / am able to, no matter what the reward is. Something is very wrong with the concept of having players' ability to run / play as they wish restricted.

Yes, I understand STS put in a bunch of time to make this event system and made a major mistake of building it around an energy system that nobody wants. However, just because something has been done does not mean it can't be changed. STS has always told us that no change is final, but the statements from them now seem to say that energy is never going away.

If this must be the case so they don't toss out what they obviously spent a bunch of time developing, it needs to be adapted significantly in order to slow down the exodus of players from the game. This is what the community is asking for. I just hope we are heard.

I agree. Getting one chance to run the map every 8 hours is an insult frankly, and absolutely no fun, but I think it's ok to not give completely open access to the map - you want some balance between it and the existing maps. Crafting energy is an improvement, at least at gives us incentive to play, but it still sounds like we'll be spending 80% of our time locked out of the event map which is too much, but we'll see. I think we should have more access than we're going to get, and if they think that will cost them plat, then they can rent "elondrian lucky charms" to the plat-heads instead. But anyway, STG aren't stupid, and they'll find the best approach over time I hope.

Now, about that bear - say wut? That thing is more powerful than talon, it makes nearly all legendary pets worthless, except as backups, and for the occasional special skill. Don't get me wrong, I want that bear, but it is op. Everyone in the game is going to get it probably, so in a month's time the only thing you're going to see in AL is dovabears everywhere. A pet that powerful should be hard to get, not a freebie. But oh well, I'm looking forward to the event, it looks better then goblin.

Now, while we're here, and sorry for drifting a bit o/t, but devs, for the love of Mike, please make damage stack. It is ridiculous that it doesn't. All the other stats stack, but not damage and it really messes up how we use passive stats and pets. There's no justification for it, it actually feels like a simple bug (not deliberate), so just fix it please and give us the proper benefit of our pets, stats and buffs. Tx.

Slardz
06-21-2014, 06:29 AM
Hi, Is the banner available on twink? If they go Silver and Gold tier?

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk

Bunny♥
06-21-2014, 06:38 AM
Hi, Is the banner available on twink? If they go Silver and Gold tier?

probably, but the LB banner wont since LB will start at 35+

Slardz
06-21-2014, 06:39 AM
probably, but the LB banner wont since LB will start at 35+

Oh, It's only end gamrs then. But the Event is available for any levels.

Bunny♥
06-21-2014, 06:46 AM
Oh, It's only end gamrs then. But the Event is available for any levels.

yep, everyone can run in portals, any level .

firefitrwife
06-21-2014, 07:15 AM
I don't often post on the forums but here goes...
Does this event favor the rich players? Yes, but at the same time many of them have invested their own money into getting where they are. My only problem with a select few of them is how they control the market, but again that is life. I know some will argue that they don't, but they do. Short story- I wanted to buy an item (of which there were only 3 of in CS). A known merch was also selling that item (no I will not name names) and I asked how much. They quoted me 100k over highest CS price, so I pointed out there were cheaper ones in CS. They walked over, bought out ALL THREE, then told me "now there aren't". Sadly this happens and no it is NOT all merchants in this game. Are the economics of the game screwed up? Yes. Can STS do anything in the span of one event to magically fix them? No, not really. Here come the "are you an economics major?" taunts. No, I'm not. But I did minor in it during my BSBA.

On to the event itself. I was not able to play aside from the last 2 days of the last event, but this does seem like an improvement over that. The energy system is not fun, but STS is not about to refund people that held on to the kits from the last event. How many of you sitting on 1m worth of kits would like to see them become absolutely worthless? So no, at least for now, the energy system cannot be taken away. I will say that considering there are 2 major crafting categories during this event, it would be extremely helpful to expand crafting slots (at least during the event period). Plat spenders will speed up crafts regardless, and this will give non-plat spenders a little boost at least. Furthermore, in addition to crafting, if the energy time was sped up considerably this would also decrease the value of energy kits and cause even more problems. Perhaps just a slightly better time than 8hrs would be nice. This topic also goes back to plat vs. non-plat. If plat spenders had no advantage, they would not spend money to buy plat. So no, STS can't completely cut down the 8hr wait time, but just a little bit might help non-plat spenders have a fighting chance.

Now for the arcane pet that is available. First, I have not seen the stats on this pet, so I really cannot comment on what advantage it will give to its owners. I don't particularly like the fact that it is only being given to leaderboard winners, but I also cannot come up with any other ideas at the moment. I am not a programmer so I don't know how STS would even be able to control the drop rate out of crates vs. the drop rate of the mythics in regards to putting them in crates. My main problem with this (and again I really can't think of a solution right now) is that most players know who will land on the leaderboards and are not really willing to even try for them. This causes a problem for STS as well. People spend to land on the leaderboards. They spend money to win. If most players are commenting that they are not even going to bother trying, why should people spend the money to win? This is not just talking about plat. These energy kits drain the gold in the game from rich players. which helps the economy more than some realize. If people are discouraged from competing, why are people going to spend the money to win? That's it for now. Sorry for the extremely long post.

leroycox77
06-21-2014, 08:07 AM
good for mage too [emoji1]

The Bear really warrior pet. I dont care about LB. I m sure cant win. only want this pet. thanks STS. :)

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Madxnoob
06-21-2014, 08:34 AM
So far the event looks good. Im not happy I cant compete for LB on my lvl 10 but, ill get over it...People need to stop complaining about plat users n ect,,,I was poor the Goblin event but ive had plenty of time to prep for this Ursoft event, so my plat is ready and I expect to get something more than a non-plat user. Also, I was expecting to get shady n surge n a crate, but doesnt look like thats going to happen or new weapons< but owell< lets start this thing. Ty IGN: Secretservice

Atten
06-21-2014, 09:16 AM
Hohoho I had to check what STS wanted to do with us in his/her post! Still rofl!!

Yeah lol.

utpal
06-21-2014, 09:44 AM
My sentiments exactly, Sera! Why are only the positive feedback posts deserving of a Dev's acknowledgment of thanks?! Feels as though we have not been heard at all. Maybe it's just me, I don't know about the others who have played since season 1, but this game has had a special spot in my heart up until this last 'mega platinum friendly' season! And, this last Goblin event along with the planned Ursoth's event only leave me full of disappointment and sadness for a once fun, endearing, and very cool game. Our cries for the conservation of a once pleasurable gaming experience have fallen upon deaf ears...sighs.

hi Leo :)
how is ur left arm? has it recovered? :)

Veluthe
06-21-2014, 11:03 AM
Im excited about rewards like the bear and new weapons but dissapointed how once again top players are rewarded for spending most plat. Stop trying drain peoples pockets. Also make it so normal players like myself have chance instead revolving around plat. I know you must make money but this is ridiculous. Also this energy idea is just bad! Srsly 8hrs for energy wtf? That long cd + the time we not on doesnt even give normal players chance to get rewards that are attainable. I know i didnt get ones for goblin event. I ended up buying em cus system sucked. Lower the cd significantly or do away entirely and up tiers. What happened to events like tarlok even though goblin was annoying there too..does sts like goblins or something? Wtf come up with something entirely new and original for event boss for once. Anyhow im done cus this makes me sick thinking but i do look forward to bear and weapons so props on that sts.

vfreakhun
06-21-2014, 12:35 PM
Dear all,

I read through all the posts in this thread.

I don't want to comment all those who compaining "plat users will win".
I also do not want to comment those "I want S+S but I do not want to participate in the event".

Honestly.
- I am just curious if there is ANY user who is non-plat user (like me) and have all arcane pets? All arcane pet collectors are plat users.
- STS gave additional craftable energy point, lootable energy point (from chests).
- I usually optimize my gameplay. If all energy point would refill within 8 hours, I would have the inner urge to log in and play... this would have serious NEGAIVE impact to my real life...
- Everybody liked Tarlok event. In Tarlok event I am SURE that plat users won the lb...
I liked Goblin as well (again, I am a non-plat user but bught some energy for gold) and I know I will not be in the top 10, not even in top 50.
- Regarding "worth to create a new pet for 30-40 people". I calculated that the 1st guy in Goblin event spent 2x times of my monthly salary for plat (energy) - or bought for gold from someone who spent their $ - does not matter. I am pretty sure that it worths to develop a new pet for 30-40 users.
- Everybody is compaining about craft station, BUT this inhibits to flood the CS with new locked! This is GOOD FOR ECONOMY. (Maybe the current locked price will not go up so steep, but this is just part of the game).
- With this "easily available" Eldorian Spirit chest there is a chance for non-plat users as well...

So everything seems MUCH MORE balanced.
I am just curious what can we purchase for our earned event tokens... (the other bear is one - I assume), but what else? Will be something for twinks as well?
That was my 2 cents.

Waheedski
06-21-2014, 01:50 PM
I was very vocal about the Goblin event, ranted about it twice in my blog posts, but I'll say let's give this Ursoth Assault a try, at the moment many are hating it before it has even started. Energy balls dropping may allow us to enter portals more than once in 8 hours, hopefully.

My reckoning STS want another distribution method instead of lockeds and they see the energy system being the solution. I must say one thing that can make this energy system slightly more appealing, and also make me put away my scythe and that is the cost of just one energy ball!

I am sure no one in STS will have their property foreclosed or starve to death if they reduce it's plat cost down from 15. The higher the plat cost the higher the gold cost too, 15k gold for one energy ball was ridiculous.

lowratehitman
06-21-2014, 02:56 PM
I don't think the sts should put shady and surge in locks because if they did put it in locks many people will have it and well use it in PvP. Pvp won't be fun anymore because this pet well op everyone and well kill everybody fast. So if they put this in locks more and more people well complain about CTF or tdm blah blah blah more crying because of this

I say don't put this pet in locks

leoakre
06-21-2014, 03:04 PM
hi Leo :)
how is ur left arm? has it recovered? :)

Hi! Thanks for asking, I really appreciate being remembered! Still very painful and hasn't healed correctly but I still find a way to get thru the day and still enjoy arcane legends!
:positive:

Omg...waiting for Crow or Zeus to call me out on how many times I used the word 'still'

Zeus
06-21-2014, 04:08 PM
I don't think the sts should put shady and surge in locks because if they did put it in locks many people will have it and well use it in PvP. Pvp won't be fun anymore because this pet well op everyone and well kill everybody fast. So if they put this in locks more and more people well complain about CTF or tdm blah blah blah more crying because of this

The thing is, 30 of these pets are already being released which is quite a substantial figure. So, that point is relatively mute.

vanzzzzz
06-21-2014, 04:52 PM
again zues will lead this event.. go bro :eagerness:

Milan Lame Man
06-21-2014, 07:02 PM
15k gold for one energy ball was ridiculous.
Everyone says "we need more energy", "we need cheaper energy", even "we dont want energy".
Why?? The rewards are designed for 3 runs a day.
If energy was cheaper or restored 3 points every 8 hours, you would have to run this "boring goblin map" 3 times as many, and yet, the rewards would stay the same (because STS would have to scale them down obviously).
If energy was unlimited, the rewards would be designed for 4-6 hours of play every day, and the complaints of "out-of-reach for most" would be endless.
The existence and high cost of energy actually makes the system MORE FAIR for free/poor players.

Everyone, please, accept the fact that the event will NOT take over your real lives for 3 weeks.
And, you can still run the event 24/7 if you want to. I am pretty sure that energy essence drops will be the limiting factor, not the 5 crafting slots.

Titanium
06-21-2014, 07:07 PM

I have a better idea. Everybody should have only Deary in stable.. no other pets.

lowratehitman
06-21-2014, 07:35 PM
I have a better idea. Everybody should have only Deary in stable.. no other pets.
haha that well be awesome...all day pvping with deary fun lmao

Jenvy
06-21-2014, 08:17 PM
So my original post was deleted for being ranty. Fine. That's fair, Rem. Here's the cold, hard critique.

You're giving out 30 50mil arcane pets to whoever can run nonstop with plat? How does that fix the plat / non-plat balance problem from the goblin event? Two words: it doesn't. This is going to make the nonstop plat race 100 times worse.

Also, S+S needs to drop from Elondrian crates or I guarantee you're going to have even more negative feedback than the first time around.

IMO, the only prize from leaderboards should be vanities. This cuts back on P2W model by not handing out guaranteed stat-affecting rewards to the biggest spenders. A luck based model from crates would be much better.

Okay. That's actually a decent change. Good stuff. You do however need to consider taking the timer down to around 30 mins. Otherwise, it just creates a huge backlog of items for f2p users with everything else that needs to be crafted over the course of the event.

They really should drop from Arlor bosses, not event bosses. Or at least Elite Arlor bosses. You shouldn't need energy to get energy. Totally counter-intuitive.

Decrease plat cost to 5 per 5 energy or you can't really tell f2p players that buying kits with gold is a viable option. 10-15k gold per energy kit is insane and most of us don't have the dime to drop tens of millions on kits like Zeus did.

They Replenish Over Time

This was the one thing you had to really change drastically to pacify the majority of us. I am beyond disappointed you left it as is.

Change to 2 hours per energy and all this awful feedback will probably go away.

And come on.... get rid of the unlimited portal. It ruins guild cooperation and turns it strictly into a single-player plat competition. You know it. I know it. You have a perfectly viable solution to this particular problem too. Just use the nonexploitable disappearing portals from Tarlok. Farming for portals was a great way for guilds to bond.

I hate to say it.... but I might be done with AL if this goes live. As I've said before, pushing into legit P2W territory is a disastrous business model. There needs to be balance, or a large majority of F2P users will quit, and the cashers will follow when the game goes dead.

yasshh
06-22-2014, 02:46 AM
haha that well be awesome...all day pvping with deary fun lmao

Bro, ever heard of sarcasm?

Zeus
06-22-2014, 02:49 AM

No. What is sarcasm?

Hoardseeker
06-22-2014, 02:53 AM
Well, if they're going to change tarlok event to energy , I will definetly hate it

yasshh
06-22-2014, 03:18 AM
No. What is sarcasm?

sarcasm[ sahr-kaz-uhm ]
noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark.

meh

Corrupt
06-22-2014, 03:27 AM
So I was left with two options, buy energy balls to run exciting and new maps or run other boring maps. I didnt choose the latter. I simply shut down the game and moved on to another game this

Ansm
06-22-2014, 04:34 AM
They Didn't say what's the Exact Date of Ursoth's Assault Event. but I wish they'll announce it ASAP so I/We can save what we need before Ursoth Event comes.. :D

Xeusx
06-22-2014, 04:54 AM
They Didn't say what's the Exact Date of Ursoth's Assault Event. but I wish they'll announce it ASAP so I/We can save what we need before Ursoth Event comes.. :D
1 July.

cookiehunterx
06-22-2014, 04:55 AM
1 July.

How do u know? ??????
:D

sorry for my english

Xeusx
06-22-2014, 05:04 AM
How do u know? ??????
:D

sorry for my english
I can view any threads, thats why Im collecting lots of information..

zliverpoolzz
06-22-2014, 08:19 AM
now make much an acc n get the lucky

Iaughing
06-22-2014, 08:47 AM
Those bear pet which we get from Gold tier would probably be the best legendary pet.. Probably.
And its really good for warrior speacially twink player

Anehazaz
06-22-2014, 09:24 AM
'If you're the competitive type, the leaderboards are what you'll want to focus on. Getting to the top of the leaderboards not only show's that you're the best of the best, but it comes with some pretty sweet rewards too. There are 4 leaderboards for Ursoth's assault: Overall, Top Mages, Top Rogues and Top Warriors.'

Actually,like the previous event, getting to the top of the event lb did not show that 'you're the best of the best'. It only served to show who was willing to spend infinite amounts of plat and gold. Hmmm...maybe it was a lb to show top spenders. The Tarlock event was far better as it brought players together, created fun. Totally inclusive unlike this....

Anehazaz
06-22-2014, 09:32 AM
So my original post was deleted for being ranty. Fine. That's fair, Rem. Here's the cold, hard critique.

You're giving out 30 50mil arcane pets to whoever can run nonstop with plat? How does that fix the plat / non-plat balance problem from the goblin event? Two words: it doesn't. This is going to make the nonstop plat race 100 times worse.

Also, S+S needs to drop from Elondrian crates or I guarantee you're going to have even more negative feedback than the first time around.

IMO, the only prize from leaderboards should be vanities. This cuts back on P2W model by not handing out guaranteed stat-affecting rewards to the biggest spenders. A luck based model from crates would be much better.

Okay. That's actually a decent change. Good stuff. You do however need to consider taking the timer down to around 30 mins. Otherwise, it just creates a huge backlog of items for f2p users with everything else that needs to be crafted over the course of the event.

They really should drop from Arlor bosses, not event bosses. Or at least Elite Arlor bosses. You shouldn't need energy to get energy. Totally counter-intuitive.

Decrease plat cost to 5 per 5 energy or you can't really tell f2p players that buying kits with gold is a viable option. 10-15k gold per energy kit is insane and most of us don't have the dime to drop tens of millions on kits like Zeus did.

This was the one thing you had to really change drastically to pacify the majority of us. I am beyond disappointed you left it as is.

Change to 2 hours per energy and all this awful feedback will probably go away.

And come on.... get rid of the unlimited portal. It ruins guild cooperation and turns it strictly into a single-player plat competition. You know it. I know it. You have a perfectly viable solution to this particular problem too. Just use the nonexploitable disappearing portals from Tarlok. Farming for portals was a great way for guilds to bond.

I hate to say it.... but I might be done with AL if this goes live. As I've said before, pushing into legit P2W territory is a disastrous business model. There needs to be balance, or a large majority of F2P users will quit, and the cashers will follow when the game goes dead.

Simple solution.....remove energy system

graiedak
06-22-2014, 11:25 AM
just to be sure
will level cap increase?. you did mention about it but never giving detailed information
thankyou...

Ishtmeet
06-22-2014, 11:57 AM

Lmoooo nice catch. Ha ha ..
Yes I do think soo.. Sts not full-pleasure us. They should full pleasure us.

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Zeus
06-22-2014, 12:32 PM
sarcasm[ sahr-kaz-uhm ]
noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark.

meh

Crowsfoot
06-22-2014, 12:52 PM
Bro, have you ever heard of sarcasm?
Fixed it ;)

yasshh
06-22-2014, 01:17 PM

Yes. Thats why i added a "meh" at the end. Good one zeus xD

mishafeng
06-22-2014, 04:56 PM
i must have gold tier!

carel86
06-22-2014, 08:20 PM

Tiers

Bronze Tier

Silver Tier

Gold Tier

Leaderboards

Energy System

They Replenish Over Time

Halo STS, I Love this game very very very much, thank you for this amazing game.
Please tell us how much point we will get from eash boss, boss no 1,2,3 dan 4 (Ursoth)
and please tell us how much point we must collect to make us a gold tier.
Thank you before STS :)

leoakre
06-22-2014, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=Zeus;1694548]No. What is sarcasm?[/QUOTE

Don't you troll sweet Yashy >.<

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZEUS!

Zeus
06-22-2014, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=Zeus;1694548]No. What is sarcasm?[/QUOTE

Don't you troll sweet Yashy >.<

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZEUS!

Thank you, Leo!

PS: I wouldn't mind if Remiem, Arp, or you for that matter wanted to *what* us...just saying. :rolleyes:

leoakre
06-22-2014, 08:46 PM
[QUOTE=leoakre;1695715]

Thank you, Leo!

PS: I wouldn't mind if Remiem, Arp, or you for that matter wanted to *what* us...just saying. :rolleyes:

Hmm? Checking my Boytoy schedule since it is your birthday!
:drunk:

P.S. wont Crow get jealous?

Zeus
06-22-2014, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=Zeus;1695719]

Hmm? Checking my Boytoy schedule since it is your birthday!
:drunk:

P.S. wont Crow get jealous?

No, he'll be fine. I promise!

leoakre
06-22-2014, 09:39 PM
[QUOTE=leoakre;1695726]

No, he'll be fine. I promise!

Hmm? Now my reply was originally posted by you? Zeus...didn't know you had a Boytoy schedule to check?!

P.S. I need to hear it from Crow!

Rofl! Now I am posting your originals! Omg, I getting dizzy!

Zeus
06-22-2014, 10:28 PM
Hmm? Now my reply was originally posted by you? Zeus...didn't know you had a Boytoy schedule to check?!

P.S. I need to hear it from Crow!

Rofl! Now I am posting your originals! Omg, I getting dizzy!

Fixed it! Your fault!

epicrrr
06-22-2014, 11:20 PM
How much point is needed to get to Gold tier? During the Goblin even 300+ was needed, but now gold tier prize is an arcane stat legendary pet so ..

leoakre
06-22-2014, 11:29 PM
Fixed it! Your fault!

Aww! I liked all the entanglement!
:rolleyes:

radiking
06-23-2014, 01:01 AM
ok this looks pretty good..1Million % times better than goblin event..
its a 3 week long event so i think everyone can achieve gold tier with ease.. and the pet looks amazing..So people who are complaining .. better not ..Its very interesting way to game .. :)
only problem is crafting station.. but we can live with that and energy system well..this way is better :) u can get time to farm locked and use it to craft those new lockeds :) So thanks sts this event should be interesting and hope not to miss it :)..
The bear pet is an all rounder so pretty good reward..hope the new arcane pet is not only for top 10 but also for other gamers who can afford to buy it with plat.. or very rare drop from locked would be nice..So it will be a win win for u and for plat buyers..
i might even consider buying plats for the the sake of new arcane pet .. :D proc and stats are good :)

Tonyja Tonyjaa
06-23-2014, 02:57 AM
register (hardy&shardy) 70m the top lb players contact me in game after d event

carel86
06-23-2014, 03:10 AM
yeah STS, please explain to us, how much point to reach gold tier, and how much point we will get from each boss no 1,2,3 and 4 (Ursoth)
Thank you STS, I love AL very much hehehe

Andrew CPS
06-23-2014, 04:14 AM
Ermm when is the ursoth update?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1

Tonyja Tonyjaa
06-23-2014, 06:15 AM
july 1st says zeus not me .... :-) credits goes to zeus

Sfubi
06-23-2014, 08:20 AM
I wish there was a way to quickly read only a moderators posts in a thread. Would save me a lot of time scrolling through all the uninformed posts.....

FluffNStuff
06-23-2014, 08:49 AM
I wish there was a way to quickly read only a moderators posts in a thread. Would save me a lot of time scrolling through all the uninformed posts.....

On full forum, not mobile or tapatalk, all mod threads have a little black circle next to them. If it is clickable, that means there is another mod post and clicking will jump you right too it.

Zeus
06-23-2014, 10:10 AM
july 1st says zeus not me .... :-) credits goes to zeus

I didn't say this. Why are you putting words into my mouth...?

Bunny♥
06-23-2014, 10:12 AM
I didn't say this. Why are you putting words into my mouth...?

he's referring to zeusblade parth :)

1 July.

leoakre
06-23-2014, 10:14 AM
1 July.

Pretty sure he meant this guy, parth!

leoakre
06-23-2014, 10:18 AM
he's referring to zeusblade parth :)

Whew! Corrected at the same instance by two women!
:nightmare:

Bunny♥
06-23-2014, 10:20 AM
Whew! Corrected at the same instance by two women!
:nightmare:

i should've thanked you for this post but i realized it will ruin the number of thanks you got :p

Huyiscool
06-23-2014, 10:34 AM

Thanks! This is exactly what i feel

leoakre
06-23-2014, 11:34 AM
i should've thanked you for this post but i realized it will ruin the number of thanks you got :p

ROFL Bea
:bee:

Cobenick
06-23-2014, 11:59 AM
Awesome!! U guys are the best!

esmurfe
06-23-2014, 12:06 PM
when coming this update?

Shackler
06-23-2014, 12:21 PM

Yeah you're right bro but i think this event would be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SIEGE_
06-23-2014, 12:51 PM
I made a suggestion in the other thread about increasing the energy rejuvenation speed while logged in. Discussions in guild informed me of my errant thinking as there are many that have programs that keep them on line and possibly even run their character through dungeons. I do not know how true that is, but that seems to be more of an exploit or cheating and possibly outside the norm. I still like the idea.

Perhaps other suggestions could be time reductions that drop from bosses outside of the event bosses, Make it from those bosses that are not the common locked farming zone....in addition to elorian essence. Thus, a free 5 minutes off your timer is hardly detrimental to plat users, but it is huge for non plat spenders to keep them (including me) on line for extended amounts of time.

As always just a suggestion to help all.

Carapace
06-23-2014, 05:56 PM
With all the new essence what will be done to balance the drop rate of individual essence compared to non event essence?

A valid concern! In our current iteration, (as things are always subject to change during development) Elondrian Essences can NOT be purchased, they are farmed only. They are also on a separate drop table than the other essences, so the fact there are more essences now available to drop does not mean fewer drops of those essences or the new ones. The pool is not diluted, you can potentially receive a new Elondrian Essence and a Glacial Essence for example from the same mob, though you would be very very lucky!