PDA

View Full Version : PREVIEW: Pocket Legends Guild Event - "The Mad Mage's Castle!"

Pages : [1] 2

Cinco
05-02-2018, 06:04 PM
A NEW EVENT is coming: The Mad Mage's Castle - Guild Leaderboard Event!
The "MAD MAGE'S CASTLE" Event is a realm-wide competition for Guilds!

During the multi-day event:
+ Hunt for a portal to the "Mad Mage's Castle" (no purchase necessary - available to Legends of all levels).
+ Enter the portal (solo... it's balanced for solo players) and defeat monsters to score Points for your Guild!
+ Standard monsters give +1 Point, Golden monsters +10, Boss monsters +20, and 'Myxx' gives +30 Points.
+ Chance to loot Elite Amulet crafting components, Mage Cave crafting components and the rare ‘White Lightning’ vanity helm and armor.
+ Check the Guild Event Leaderboard to mark your progress.

At the end of the Event, the Guild with the most Points is declared the Winner!
Members of the Winning Guild gain access to a special vendor for 48 hours.
(Note: you must be a member of the guild during the Event to qualify; late-comers get no access.)
Winning Guild Members can access the Event Prize vendor from the 'Guild Management' Knight in the Guild Hall to purchase:
+ Unique Vanity Helm, Vanity Armor and Pet (ranging 500k to 1.5MM)
+ Level 105 Amulets, Rings and Elite Level 105 Weapons (for 2MM to 8MM gold each)
+ Deep discounts on Pure and Hemi-Stat weapons (still for Platinum)

Bosses and Gold Skeletons have a small chance to drop crafting materials for Level 105 Elite Proc Weapons.
The Vanity items shown above are the "White Lightning" Helm and Armor - extremely rare loot drops from monsters.
The Vanity items shown below are part of the "White Dragon" suite: Helmet, Armor and Pet.

These Vanity items are character-bound but can be crafted into trade-able items for Plat (100 - 300 Plat depending on the item).

This event is currently slated to go live at the end of next week: May 11th - 13th with prizes available May 14th and 15th.

yannjoel
05-02-2018, 06:12 PM
Nice :D Really like the idea

Alphasemana
05-02-2018, 07:59 PM
As promised in the 2014 white drag thread, I will be purchasing however much plat it takes to get that!

Dolloway
05-02-2018, 08:10 PM
The only two guilds that have a chance of winning this are Pocket Community and Reborn based on the number of players they have.

Smaller guilds (like mine) who prefer quality over quantity have zero chance to win this event.

This will also have an impact on tearing apart other guilds who choose to join Pocket Community or Reborn for the event just so they can win.

I dislike the idea because it's not inclusive to all guilds, but rather only a select few who could win based solely on numbers.

Edit: Since some of you think this post was an indirect diss towards Reborn or PC, it wasn't. Each of these guilds have high quality PVE players. Hopefully my second post on the second page clarifies what I mean about my 'quality vs quantity' statement and the numbers game. Oby seems to understand what I mean, but some players in Reborn are misinterpreting it. Hopefully this clears things up a bit.

Oby
05-02-2018, 08:32 PM
The only two guilds that have a chance of winning this are Pocket Community and Reborn based on the number of players they have.

Smaller guilds (like mine) who prefer quality over quantity have zero chance to win this event.

This will also have an impact on tearing apart other guilds who choose to join Pocket Community or Reborn for the event just so they can win.

I dislike the idea because it's not inclusive to all guilds, but rather only a select few who could win based solely on numbers.I actually agree Dolloway. I don't know why, but this one just doesn't appeal to me.

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Ortalan
05-02-2018, 08:52 PM

I dislike the idea because it's not inclusive to all guilds, but rather only a select few who could win based solely on numbers.

I've gotta agree. I have to think this is gonna play out as a two-horse race. And all the while, everyone in both guilds will be joining the other guild with an alt. So that no matter which guild prevails, they will have access to the reward. Both guilds will be actively recruiting, as always. It won't be at all hard for any player in the game with 2-3 characters to ensure they have access to the reward vendor.

Also, the gold prices for the reward items at the vendor will be one determining factor, as far as how much time and effort people will want to put into this event. Imagine grinding the event dungeon hard and having your guild win, only to discover that the items you wanted to buy cost more gold than you possess. I feel that the item prices from the reward vendor should be announced before the event starts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fwend
05-02-2018, 09:26 PM
I love the concept of the event, but I have to agree with others, a guild event is hard for the smaller guilds.

Perhaps a leaderboard event, where the top 50 or 100 participants get to reap the rewards. So any one who grinds hard gets to achieve the benefits.

Loving the white dragon!

And I appreciate that your making an option for 105 amulets and weapons to be bought with pl gold from a vendor.

Waug
05-02-2018, 09:38 PM
<WRE> iz gona wen boiz

Apart from joke, nice idea. Probably first of its kind. Hopefully we will similar guild wars for PvP too and other PvP challenges.
Sure this can be improved with new ideas , it has some cons but overall thrilling to see new ideas.

+1 love this that how this gonna be the hot subject among all everyone is gonna talk about it farm together and make a guild enjoy PvE like never b4.

Xyzther
05-02-2018, 09:59 PM

Agree. Great concept, but unfair to all but a select few guilds.

Draebatad
05-02-2018, 10:01 PM
As promised in the 2014 white drag thread, I will be purchasing however much plat it takes to get that!

While it's nice :) , it's not white drag. Doesn't have the dragon wings, has cyber jet mods. White drag to me is angelic white body and helm base with 14 karat gold horns, wings,, arms and legs.

Jilsponie
05-02-2018, 10:06 PM
A vendor selling 105 weapons and amulets sounds awesome... but needing to join another guild to buy them doesn't. It would be nice to see everyone get a chance for these vanities and items.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Draebatad
05-02-2018, 10:09 PM
Seems to me any guild could win, as long as they play and play and play. Regardless of current leaderboard status... It's more of an activity challenge? I can see a guild not even on the top guild board having a chance at it. Is it just me?

Jilsponie
05-02-2018, 10:11 PM
Seems to me any guild could win, as long as they play and play and play. Regardless of current leaderboard status... It's more of an activity challenge? I can see a guild not even on the top guild board having a chance at it. Is it just me?Yeah, it's definitely just you

Holyfuryzz
05-02-2018, 10:17 PM

Reborn is a closed group guild. Membership is exclusive and is decided collectively by the guild and its officers. Our goal will never be to tear apart other guilds. We are content with the quality of our guildies and will not be aiming for other players from other guilds; As we have done so since our beginning.

Secondly: All guilds with active players who will actively grind out this event have a fair chance at winning. This is where Quality and hard work will shine over quantity and statistics.

Nipunsky
05-02-2018, 10:21 PM
Seems to me any guild could win, as long as they play and play and play. Regardless of current leaderboard status... It's more of an activity challenge? I can see a guild not even on the top guild board having a chance at it. Is it just me?Definitely not just you. Any active guild can win.
Winner will be the guild with Active members :)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

plpr
05-02-2018, 10:23 PM
Yeah, it's definitely just you

You could make a guild right now and get the most active players in the game and win the whole thing. Amount and activity are very different. That aside I think that there should be a Gamewide goal. A number set in place that the community as a whole must hit to unlock the vendor. Example being maybe 50,000 total score.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Jilsponie
05-02-2018, 10:23 PM
That's saying every other guild, besides the one that wins, doesn't have quality players... guilds that focus on quality over quantity are put at a huge disadvantage. No way around it...
Definitely not just you. Any active guild can win.
Winner will be the guild with quality members :)

Azitraozuci
05-02-2018, 10:28 PM
I agree with what sunny said. Make it the top 25-50 guild to get the rewards larger guild has more players to run the map at 1 time. Smaller guilds would have to grind alot more to achieve the same results as a larger guild with 2x the amount of active players. Or a nice thing would be brackets if available. So depending on the amount of guild members determines what teir you would be in. So that means guild with less members have just as much chance to achive 1st in their own bracket.

Oby
05-02-2018, 10:30 PM
I agree with what sunny said. Make it the top 25-50 guild to get the rewards larger guild has more players to run the map at 1 time. Smaller guilds would have to grind alot more to achieve the same results as a larger guild with 2x the amount of active players. Or a nice thing would be brackets if available. So depending on the amount of guild members determines what teir you would be in. So that means guild with less members have just as much chance to achive 1st in their own bracket.I do like the bracket idea for sure!

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Nipunsky
05-02-2018, 10:38 PM
While it's nice :) , it's not white drag. Doesn't have the dragon wings, has cyber jet mods. White drag to me is angelic white body and helm base with 14 karat gold horns, wings,, arms and legs.Same ;_;

Jensmage
05-02-2018, 10:38 PM
Guild competition like this isn’t fair. The score should have been based on individual players. Individual players should have the option of buying items once they reach a certain score. Why gold? Why not plat? If it was plat and each individual player was able to purchase it with plat or gold , imagine how many players will buy the items. If the sets were reachable to me, I and many will spend quite a lot of plat on the items. A lot I should say, more than stat guns.

Draebatad
05-02-2018, 10:39 PM
I still strongly believe a brand new guild made for this could win, irregardless of even being close to the top 50 in the current guild leaderboard. The panic seems a bit unreal. The challenge seems fair. In the end, I don't care how the requirements work, the event is a grand idea, offers a fun experience and will result in more elite 105 weapons and amulets in the global market. Something to appreciate, for sure.

Jilsponie
05-02-2018, 10:42 PM
I still strongly believe a brand new guild made for this could win, irregardless of even being close to the top 50 in the current guild leaderboard. The panic seems a bit unreal. The challenge seems fair. In the end, I don't care how the requirements work, the event is a grand idea, offers a fun experience and will result in more elite 105 weapons and amulets in the global market. Something to appreciate, for sure.New guilds are irrelevant, people are in the guild they are in for the reason they are there... a few players shouldn't have to compete with many.

Dolloway
05-02-2018, 10:43 PM
I stand by my original comment.

The guild with the most amount of players running the maps will be the winner.

For example, a guild with 10 members on at once each could run the maps 10 seconds faster than a guild with 30 members on at once running the maps. However, the guild with 30 members online at once running the maps will win in the end simply due to the numbers game. Quality is subjective. I would say that the 10 members each completing the map 10 seconds faster than the 30 are the players with the higher quality value (if all factors are equal).

This is a great event idea, but the current idea for the challenge is simply highly flawed in my opinion.

I think both Sunny and Plpr's ideas are much better challenges/ideas and will get everyone involved in the event.

Oby
05-02-2018, 10:50 PM

For example, a guild with 10 members on at once each could run the maps 10 seconds faster than a guild with 30 members on at once running the maps. However, the guild with 30 members online at once running the maps will win in the end simply due to the numbers game. Quality is subjective. I would say that the 10 members each completing the map 10 seconds faster than the 30 are the players with the higher quality value (if all factors are equal).

This is a great event idea, but the current idea for the challenge is simply highly flawed in my opinion.

I think both Sunny and Plpr's ideas are much better challenges/ideas and will get everyone involved in the event.Still stand by you on this one pal. Well said.

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Draebatad
05-02-2018, 10:58 PM
New guilds are irrelevant, people are in the guild they are in for the reason they are there... a few players shouldn't have to compete with many.

I agree! Get your guild active and win!

Jensmage
05-02-2018, 11:01 PM
I still strongly believe a brand new guild made for this could win, irregardless of even being close to the top 50 in the current guild leaderboard. The panic seems a bit unreal. The challenge seems fair. In the end, I don't care how the requirements work, the event is a grand idea, offers a fun experience and will result in more elite 105 weapons and amulets in the global market. Something to appreciate, for sure.

You strongly agree that a new guild can win... Wow! Majority do not agree. Majority of the players make Pocket Legend what it is. When you have lots of players that aren’t happy with the decision that is made in the game, they become inactive.

Draebatad
05-02-2018, 11:07 PM
I strongly agree that any guild can win regardless if new or old. It's a matter of participation, not size. A guild with 10k members that's 0.2% active has no chance.

Jensmage
05-02-2018, 11:34 PM
I strongly agree that any guild can win regardless if new or old. It's a matter of participation, not size. A guild with 10k members that's 0.2% active has no chance.

You state that any guild can win but you don’t state the odds of the new guild winning. Which is very slim against a guild that is established.

3pc
05-03-2018, 12:54 AM
It will be a hard win if its only the top 50 of each class wins the reward like in AL. Not everyone can play 24/7 to keep their rank in the top 50

mezem
05-03-2018, 01:01 AM
so i need a friend in winning guild that has access to vendor? i pay 1m extra to anyone who can grab set for me :)

mezem
05-03-2018, 01:41 AM
It will be a hard win if its only the top 50 of each class wins the reward like in AL. Not everyone can play 24/7 to keep their rank in the top 50

we need point cap / day like something that you can reach in 3-5 hrs of playing.

Waug
05-03-2018, 02:05 AM
To me its seems to be a fun thing rather than a serious issue as projected by some.

- Maxx probably gonna have drop rates too, and who knows it might drop the vanity armor and helm rarely! making it valuable for all.
- Re selling is a thing (most important thing that has been missed by all)

Fwend
05-03-2018, 02:48 AM

I think both Sunny and Plpr's ideas are much better challenges/ideas and will get everyone involved in the event.

I agree with you Dolloway.

Having a points system, with reaching a certain number of points, gives you access to the reward.

Mind you if this could include all alts on the one account will be helpful. Many of us have more than one character on thier accounts.

Having the vendor sell these new vanities, 105 amulets and weapons for pl gold as well as plat will please all.

SillyJuan
05-03-2018, 02:51 AM

+ Hunt for a portal to the "Mad Mage's Castle" (no purchase necessary - available to Legends of all levels).
+ Enter the portal (solo... it's balanced for solo players) and defeat monsters to score Points for your Guild!
+ Standard monsters give +1 Point, Golden monsters +10, Boss monsters +20, and 'Myxx' gives +30 Points.

Members of the Guild gain access to a special vendor for a limited time.
Access the vendor from the 'Guild Management' Knight in the Guild Hall to purchase:
+ Unique Vanity Helm and Vanity Armor
+ Level 105 Amulets and Elite Level 105 Weapons
(for varying amounts of Gold!)

More details to come in the very near future... ;-)

I like this event so far, I feel like this event is geared more towards the active players/guilds which is for the greater good as a whole regardless. You guys are giving Back to the community and overall that’s what matters the most. Events should be geared towards everyone as a whole but not just to individuals who think they are entitled because of their circumstances. Using the argument of quality over quantity is invalid, everyone has a chance to let players in the guilds whenever so we all get the same odds, they simply chose not to. Keep the updates going, still love this game [emoji110] Also after the event is over, everyone else who joins the guild who won the event will have access as well? Or only the players who competed with the winning guild will have access to the vendor?

Jensmage
05-03-2018, 05:17 AM
I like this event so far, I feel like this event is geared more towards the active players/guilds which is for the greater good as a whole regardless. You guys are giving Back to the community and overall that’s what matters the most. Events should be geared towards everyone as a whole but not just to individuals who think they are entitled because of their circumstances. Using the argument of quality over quantity is invalid, everyone has a chance to let players in the guilds whenever so we all get the same odds, they simply chose not to. Keep the updates going, still love this game [emoji110] Also after the event is over, everyone else who joins the guild who won the event will have access as well? Or only the players who competed with the winning guild will have access to the vendor?

How to like an event that hasn’t started. :)

3pc
05-03-2018, 05:20 AM

I agree with juan either way this event is hosted their is some problems. "Only 2 guilds stand a chance" etc etc or "Only the most 50 active players of each class would win reward" i think we should keep it the way sts intended and try it out for the first time before we make any changes for a next event

3pc
05-03-2018, 05:24 AM
Few questions. When is release date and duration of this event? How much will the white dragon set and weapons/amulets be listed in the vendors?

Ortalan
05-03-2018, 10:13 AM
I appreciate a good in-game feud as much as the next guy. And I've got nothing against either of y'all... But does every forums thread need to eventually devolve into a squabble between jils and waug? Can you guys make your own PvP feud thread or something?

plpr
05-03-2018, 10:19 AM
Before this thread gets locked let me say my idea again.

I think there should be a milestone set that the community must hit together to unlock the vendor. Example being maybe 50,000 total score

Jilsponie
05-03-2018, 10:19 AM
I got edited.

Ortalan
05-03-2018, 10:20 AM
I'd love to see the 105 pink rings among the goodies offered by the event reward vendor.

Jilsponie
05-03-2018, 10:22 AM
You mean instead of a timed event, one that just goes until one guild reached say 50,000 points? Or until 50,000 total points are rewarded and the guild with the highest score wins?

I think there should be a milestone set that the community must hit together to unlock the vendor. Example being maybe 50,000 total score

Cinco

This is a very good idea - but I think it should be for a different type of event.

Buchmeister
This is a really cool idea, will there be leaderboard prizes as well?

plpr
05-03-2018, 10:24 AM
You mean instead of a timed event, one that just goes until one guild reached say 50,000 points? Or until 50,000 total points are rewarded and the guild with the highest score wins?

Of course it would be timed

Cinco
05-03-2018, 10:26 AM
This is a really cool idea, will there be leaderboard prizes as well?

This initial iteration of the Guild Event system a 'Winner-take-all' scenario (for various reasons). That said - I like the idea of adding many more complicated mechanisms to award participants. Several good ideas in this thread!

Jilsponie
05-03-2018, 10:28 AM
Not sure how it could go both ways... i believe only 1 guild wins, and it's after the event we would get access to the items. So if the items are available after 50,000 points however they were distributed, that would mean the event had a winner. Ir points could be tallied after a given number of hours.
Of course it would be timed

Cinco
05-03-2018, 10:29 AM
Not sure how it could go both ways... i believe only 1 guild wins, and it's after the event we would get access to the items. So if the items are available after 50,000 points however they were distributed, that would mean the event had a winner. Ir points could be tallied after a given number of hours.

I read this suggestion as an alternative event where individual players are rewarded based on participation / contribution. Similar to the Leaderboard Events in Arcane Legends.

Trenton
05-03-2018, 10:30 AM
I'd love to see the 105 pink rings among the goodies offered by the event reward vendor.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI second and third this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nipunsky
05-03-2018, 10:49 AM
I read this suggestion as an alternative event where individual players are rewarded based on participation / contribution. Similar to the Leaderboard Events in Arcane Legends.Seems dope for future events :D
P.s. i have no problem with this event other than the look of white drag :3 (maybe it's one of the variants? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)

Buchmeister
05-03-2018, 10:53 AM
I read this suggestion as an alternative event where individual players are rewarded based on participation / contribution. Similar to the Leaderboard Events in Arcane Legends.

The only issue I found with AL leaderboard events was that because most AL events are energy based, winners basically boil down to the people who spent the most plat where this event is only effort-based.

aav5224
05-03-2018, 11:35 AM
whos guild can I join , im a level 90 bird.

Oby
05-03-2018, 11:55 AM
whos guild can I join , im a level 90 bird.Find <Pocket Community> recruiters in most active towns. And an early welcome to the Community!

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Draebatad
05-03-2018, 12:56 PM
P.s. i have no problem with this event other than the look of white drag :3 (maybe it's one of the variants?

Winning Guild Members can access the Event Prize vendor from the 'Guild Management' Knight in the Guild Hall to purchase:
+ Unique Vanity Helm and Vanity Armor

While it's nice :) , it's not white drag. Doesn't have the dragon wings, has cyber jet mods. White drag to me is angelic white body and helm base with 14 karat gold horns, wings,, arms and legs.

See above, it's not named, but it's not white drag. It's tan/bronze toned with white cyber jet wings. Looks nice, though.

Draebatad
05-03-2018, 12:59 PM

I'm sure that would be popular.

Draebatad
05-03-2018, 01:05 PM
the gold prices for the reward items at the vendor will be one determining factor

Assumptions... Show me where Cinco mentioned the word "gold".

Jilsponie
05-03-2018, 01:12 PM
Assumptions... Show me where Cinco mentioned the word "gold".Well it used to say this.... but it seems (for verying amounts of gold) was replaced by deep discounts on weapons...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180503/2207069eea1baeb7e69d60883bcb8dae.jpg

Ortalan
05-03-2018, 01:17 PM
Assumptions... Show me where Cinco mentioned the word "gold".

Cinco edited his post this morning and removed all reference to goldhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180503/f858038fdceba821b5fcdadffaf47fc4.jpg this is screenie from last night

Cinco
05-03-2018, 01:24 PM
Yes. Vanity items, Amulets and Level 105 Proc Weapons for Gold. Pure and Hemi-Stat Weapons for (deeply discounted) Platinum.

Cinco
05-03-2018, 01:27 PM
I feel that the item prices from the reward vendor should be announced before the event starts

Changed my mind about providing this info. Edited OP.

Jilsponie
05-03-2018, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the quick response and clarification! That does sound like a awesome reward indeed!

I just wish it was more inclusive to smaller guilds.
Yes. Vanity items, Amulets and Level 105 Proc Weapons for Gold. Pure and Hemi-Stat Weapons for (deeply discounted) Platinum.

Draebatad
05-03-2018, 01:40 PM

Makes sense, thanks for the clarification.

Oby
05-03-2018, 01:43 PM
Assumptions... Show me where Cinco mentioned the word "gold".Helps to read the preview. The post was edited since the initial announcement.

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Draebatad
05-03-2018, 01:56 PM
Helps to read the preview. The post was edited since the initial announcement.

pcguild.wix.com/guild

I am aware however the edit spoke volumes that cinco has now addressed. Thanks for your concern.

3pc
05-03-2018, 04:32 PM

Cinco this is PL not AL hehe so i say for the first time we have this type of event lets keep it simple like how u originally suggested guild with most points takes all :). You should see the feedback after this guild event takes place and revise it on the next one. The thing about how the AL event is played about top 50 is who is the person with most free time and doesn't care about life which isn't really that fair. The people who complain about their guild not going to win is the guilds fault alone for not trying to grow in PL and keep it alive. But these are just my opinions i hope you think about it.

Buchmeister
05-03-2018, 05:15 PM
Would it be at all possible to make the special vanities untradeable? I think only the members of the winning guild should be able to bask in the glory.

Draebatad
05-03-2018, 05:44 PM
Would it be at all possible to make the special vanities untradeable? I think only the members of the winning guild should be able to bask in the glory.

Many are now temporarily joining guilds they think will win, only to leave said guilds when the event ends. There's no way to keep these vanities in one guild.

Also, many people have their alts spread out everywhere, so it won't be as exclusive regardless of which guild wins.

Rushlikeagod
05-03-2018, 05:53 PM
Just do the score of the top 25 players in each guild

Xyzther
05-03-2018, 06:46 PM
Just do the score of the top 25 players in each guild

This would be a good idea, bigger guilds would still have somewhat of an advantage because they have more players available to play a lot, but this would cause smaller guilds to have a reasonable chance to compete if all of their players are extremely dedicated.

Buchmeister
05-03-2018, 07:36 PM
Many are now temporarily joining guilds they think will win, only to leave said guilds when the event ends. There's no way to keep these vanities in one guild.

Also, many people have their alts spread out everywhere, so it won't be as exclusive regardless of which guild wins.

Yes but making them untradeable still keeps people who weren't there for the event and didn't put in the work from getting it. This shouldn't become another number in cs for people to just sell like the cap vanities or tourney shields.

Draebatad
05-03-2018, 07:48 PM
Yes but making them untradeable still keeps people who weren't there for the event and didn't put in the work from getting it. This shouldn't become another number in cs for people to just sell like the cap vanities or tourney shields.

Some will agree with that and some won't. Only time will tell.

Buchmeister
05-03-2018, 08:29 PM
Some will agree with that and some won't. Only time will tell.

I guess, although there really isn't a reason to make it tradeable, seeing that the market is already over-saturated.

plpr
05-03-2018, 08:36 PM
I guess, although there really isn't a reason to make it tradeable, seeing that the market is already over-saturated.
It's a farming event not a tournament. Enough said.

Jensmage
05-03-2018, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=plpr;2819476]It's a farming event not a tournament. Enough said.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

It’s actually both.

Nipunsky
05-03-2018, 09:10 PM

Members of the Winning Guild gain access to a special vendor for a limited time.
(Note: you must be a member of the guild during the Event to qualify; late-comers get no access.)
+ Unique Vanity Helm and Vanity Armor (for gold)
+ Level 105 Amulets and Elite Level 105 Weapons (for a lot of gold)
+ Deep discounts on Pure and Hemi-Stat weapons (for Platinum)

Bosses and Gold Skeletons have a small chance to drop crafting materials for Level 105 Elite Proc Weapons.
The Vanity items shown above are the "White Lightning" Helm and Armor - extremely rare loot drops from monsters.
The Vanity items shown below are part of the "White Dragon" suite: Helmet, Armor and Pet.

Event Vanity items purchased by the Winning Guild are character-bound.
There will be an option to craft trade-able versions of these items.WOW THE WHITE DRAG FINALLY. THANKS

Jensmage
05-03-2018, 09:11 PM
Please make all items plat purchasable and gold. Alot of us are low in gold but plenty of plat. Life of a poor pl player :( .

Nipunsky
05-03-2018, 09:15 PM
Ohhh the edit. Just one question. Where to farm for this portal? :3

Buchmeister
05-03-2018, 09:19 PM
It's a farming event not a tournament. Enough said.

It's literally a competition for guilds, mate.

Nipunsky
05-03-2018, 09:20 PM
It's literally a competition for guilds, mate.Check the edit now. The vanity is player bound and craftable and tradable are also available

Buchmeister
05-03-2018, 09:26 PM
Check the edit now. The vanity is player bound and craftable and tradable are also available

Really? That's too bad.

Nipunsky
05-03-2018, 09:27 PM
Really? That's too bad.You can craft non tradable or tradable versions. Depends on the guild tbh

Buchmeister
05-03-2018, 09:32 PM
You can craft non tradable or tradable versions. Depends on the guild tbh

Yeah I guess it does, good luck to us all!

Xyzther
05-03-2018, 11:20 PM
Will pets work in the event map? It would be nice to get to have practical use for my PSY.KO once again; he is currently in a state of depression as I constantly scold him for being useless.

bglir
05-03-2018, 11:49 PM
Cinco please include the ring drop during the event, what use you got sets but no ring, Plat sales would be nice to encourage more big spenders to buy more.

xzLegendszx
05-03-2018, 11:52 PM
When is the event?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

plpr
05-04-2018, 01:29 AM
oh good lord it's beautiful

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Draebatad
05-04-2018, 01:41 AM
oh good lord it's beautiful

Best drag set ever dreamed up. PL dreams can come true :D

Much love to Cinco for making this white drag set happen exactly as requested. Words cannot express the excitement and appreciation of this beautiful set finally becoming a reality; after all of these years, it happened in a mere day.

yannjoel
05-04-2018, 02:11 AM
These Vanity items are character-bound but can be crafted into trade-able items for Plat.

RIP small guilds

Raararaba
05-04-2018, 02:11 AM
Only members (Of winning guild) who have contributed some event points (like 500points or more) should get access to Event prize vendor!
This will make sure that everyone has done hardwork , not just placed some alts in every guild and waiting for a guild to win!

Draebatad
05-04-2018, 02:35 AM
Only members (Of winning guild) who have contributed some event points (like 500points or more) should get access to Event prize vendor!
This will make sure that everyone has done hardwork , not just placed some alts in every guild and waiting for a guild to win!

Even placed alts can score enough points, regardless of how high the requirement might be.

Waug
05-04-2018, 03:00 AM
IDK if it's already suggested or not and might be late as well or it's already there -

There may be a guild score card /points of members in ascending order somewhere, in guild page might be. So that everyone can see the individual score, high scorers gets appreciations, players gets motivated by that to do well etc. Just an idea.

Alphasemana
05-04-2018, 03:01 AM
Cinco=MVP
Tyvm for this

Raararaba
05-04-2018, 04:11 AM
Even placed alts can score enough points, regardless of how high the requirement might be.

Atleast they have to Work for it and help guild in collecting points too.

Nipunsky
05-04-2018, 05:35 AM
Atleast they have to Work for it and help guild in collecting points too.I have 5 of my alts in reborn. So i would have to get 500 (or more) points from each alt in order to get the white drag set on each? I won't like it at all (all are completely different lvls ranging from lvl4 to lvl105)
(Tradable thing won't work because you need plat to make set tradable. U ain't using "X" no of plat to get set on each alt) just saying :3

Rdzy
05-04-2018, 06:33 AM
You guys can rework your pets designs? And also add some Stats on your pets (Whats the point of having those unstat pets when u have Dev/Latko/Slay.te etc. Also when u add pets pls make it something nc. Your white dragon pet is just a white version of dev and loko ! Dev and loko also pls make new design for dev ! So many wrong on this game it makes me sad

bglir
05-04-2018, 06:49 AM
RIP small guilds

It's a blessing actually, it brings more people closer together those who we don't know or the person we once have issue with, it brings community closer together to achieve a common goal, working together, important thing is leave those dang dead guild, people go crazy talking alone or playing alone.

Jilsponie
05-04-2018, 06:54 AM
It's a blessing actually, it brings more people closer together those who we don't know or the person we once have issue with, it brings community closer together to achieve a common goal, working together, important thing is leave those dang dead guild, people go crazy talking alone or playing alone.Unfortunately toxic players stay in the big guilds, it's easier for scammers to hide, and GMs worried more about leaderboards than an honest guild of friendly people will stick up for people who choose to bully. If i have to hang with scammers and bullies in order to have a fair shot at items, I'll find another game.

Nipunsky
05-04-2018, 06:57 AM
You guys can rework your pets designs? And also add some Stats on your pets (Whats the point of having those unstat pets when u have Dev/Latko/Slay.te etc. Also when u add pets pls make it something nc. Your white dragon pet is just a white version of dev and loko ! Dev and loko also pls make new design for dev ! So many wrong on this game it makes me sad

Be happy that the devs are updating the game continuously for us.... Give feedback, but in a normal way if possible :)
Everything looks dope imo

Jilsponie
05-04-2018, 07:04 AM
Many people calling for the items to be account bound are forgetting what happened to accounts with 3pc rings and black drag sets... or are you?

This just gives blackmarket traders something to make $$ from

Nipunsky
05-04-2018, 07:06 AM
Many people calling for the items to be account bound are forgetting what happened to accounts with 3pc rings and black drag sets...

This opens the door back up to the blackmarket traders/scammers. And I'm sure none of us want to see that again.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using TapatalkIt is bound to an account but it can be tradable by crafting the tradable version with plat (see the edited version of this thread?)

Jilsponie
05-04-2018, 07:08 AM
It is bound to an account but it can be tradable by crafting the tradable version with plat (see the edited version of this thread?)

Sent from my Pixel using TapatalkWhat cinco says is irrelevant to what others are asking for, yourself included... you should read my post before you tell me it's wrong

Jilsponie
05-04-2018, 07:15 AM
Pets having stats didn't happen at all until 100 cap, and their point has pretty much always been vanity, with the exception of dragons being useful for crafting rings. Hope this explains the lack of stats on pets

jackelpl1035
05-04-2018, 08:12 AM

Edit: Since some of you think this post was an indirect diss towards Reborn or PC, it wasn't. Each of these guilds have high quality PVE players. Hopefully my second post on the second page clarifies what I mean about my 'quality vs quantity' statement and the numbers game. Oby seems to understand what I mean, but some players in Reborn are misinterpreting it. Hopefully this clears things up a bit.Everyone can do it if they try hard [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

通过我的 SM-N935F 上的 Tapatalk发言

jackelpl1035
05-04-2018, 09:34 AM
Please make all items plat purchasable and gold. Alot of us are low in gold but plenty of plat. Life of a poor pl player :( .Lmao ur rich in plats

mezem
05-04-2018, 10:21 AM
May 10th muzzy drops new album,
may 11th phaseOne drops new album,
may 11th pl gets good update.
i really hope i dont die before that.

Jensmage
05-04-2018, 10:29 AM
Lmao ur rich in plats

:( I thought plat can buy any item in the game.

Oby
05-04-2018, 10:50 AM
Unfortunately toxic players stay in the big guilds, it's easier for scammers to hide, and GMs worried more about leaderboards than an honest guild of friendly people will stick up for people who choose to bully. If i have to hang with scammers and bullies in order to have a fair shot at items, I'll find another game.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using TapatalkYou know this is not always the case. You all ran a pretty great guild and did a very nice job keeping it clean. Just gotta go in open minded my friend.

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Peeweelee
05-04-2018, 11:06 AM
looks like a good event but my opinion here is just to make it balance for all guild so that they will have a chance to win too. Also, like what other said, Make it like 20-50 Leaderboards :)

plpr
05-04-2018, 11:32 AM
The gold dragon is the best looking pet in the game.

Nipunsky
05-04-2018, 11:44 AM
The gold dragon is the best looking pet in the game.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using TapatalkTrue af.

Buchmeister
05-04-2018, 11:50 AM
Will full white drag also get the footsteps effect that black drag has? That would be really cool :o

Random mage
05-04-2018, 11:58 AM
You know this is not always the case. You all ran a pretty great guild and did a very nice job keeping it clean. Just gotta go in open minded my friend.

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Hands for help is a clean guild. The guild is doing great despite its size. Jils has a point. Not to mention im an officer in hands for help. If i have to leave my guild and join a more toxic guild welll.... like jils said. Ill find another game. Our guild prides itself in our members loyalty and the quality of or members. If we reach leaderboards thats cool. Its not something we strive for. Quality over quanity.

Jilsponie
05-04-2018, 12:56 PM
I mean no offense... and wasn't directly targeting any particular guild. But toxic players will always want to have the largest amount of people around them to 1)blend in with get back-up from 2) More potential targets to scam.

For those reasons, it seems this is an event that without a doubt will be getting items for people that alterra would be better off without. While those of us that hold our personal morals and friendships above "activity" and leaderboards get left out for holding true to who we are.
You know this is not always the case. You all ran a pretty great guild and did a very nice job keeping it clean. Just gotta go in open minded my friend.

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Nipunsky
05-04-2018, 12:59 PM
Will full white drag also get the footsteps effect that black drag has? That would be really cool :oThat would be dope ;_;

Draebatad
05-04-2018, 02:03 PM
The white drag wings seem to have a brilliant golden sparkle effect. Seems good enough to me :)

AAPG
05-04-2018, 06:14 PM
Hello... There’s a bad “vibe” going around ...

Pocket Legends is not a guild vrs guild game .. Guilds were an afterthought (addition) to the game.
This event will leave behind well over half the players that have ever played this game.
The event is of course very attractive introducing a once again exclusive gear set .. but to make it unavailable to half the current player base from the start is really poor ... not done in the sts way at all.
Please bring back the original STS PL spirit and include everyone in this event ...

Thanks Imrandy

Baylakk
05-04-2018, 07:13 PM
From what I understand, the extremely rare white dragon vanities will drop for anyone entering the dungeon?? So it is available to all of PL as drops? And a different vanity is available for gold if your guild wins?

At least that’s what I understood. Even if your guild doesn’t win you have a chance at looting a rare vanity. Correct me if I’m wrong.

bglir
05-04-2018, 09:47 PM
I mean no offense... and wasn't directly targeting any particular guild. But toxic players will always want to have the largest amount of people around them to 1)blend in with get back-up from 2) More potential targets to scam.

For those reasons, it seems this is an event that without a doubt will be getting items for people that alterra would be better off without. While those of us that hold our personal morals and friendships above "activity" and leaderboards get left out for holding true to who we are.

OMG It's just for 3 days guys, we all just get together just 3 days to make this competition a success, after that you all can decide stay or leave, don't get this wrong, nobody gona loose friends, group guild or anything here, just choosing which side to win the competition only, after that all back to normal, IT'S JUST FOR 3 DAYS OR UNTIL THE VENDOR GONE.

3pc
05-04-2018, 10:34 PM
I had a really great idea some players want this event based on guild and others want top 50 of each class wins a reward. I just thought it would be cooler if guild with most points wins the vendor(as cinco wanted) AND we still do top 50 of each class. Those top 50 of each class all win the same reward.. a white and gold colored vanity egg! (250 in game total if this idea went through) which would make it a nice rare reward. Idk im just spitballin :) but let me know what y'all think about it

Nipunsky
05-05-2018, 12:01 AM
From what I understand, the extremely rare white dragon vanities will drop for anyone entering the dungeon?? So it is available to all of PL as drops? And a different vanity is available for gold if your guild wins?

At least that’s what I understood. Even if your guild doesn’t win you have a chance at looting a rare vanity. Correct me if I’m wrong.The vanity that will drop is the silver looking drag set (1st picture)
The gold and white drag set will be from the vendor

Peeweelee
05-05-2018, 01:30 AM
I agree with the suggestion of having an individual participation "Reward" for the hard work of every players. :)

jackelpl1035
05-05-2018, 01:37 AM
:( I thought plat can buy any item in the game.Lol[emoji44]

Islamiyah24
05-05-2018, 03:42 AM
this a good idea but my question is if the dev is working its unfair so maybe do the enemy dmg depends on the lvl of a player and dev isnt working.

Nipunsky
05-05-2018, 04:08 AM
this a good idea but my question is if the dev is working its unfair so maybe do the enemy dmg depends on the lvl of a player and dev isnt working.Its a Myx lvl so dev won't work
Enemy difficulty depends on level of player as it is a solo map

xzLegendszx
05-05-2018, 07:57 AM
Its a Myx lvl so dev won't work
Enemy difficulty depends on level of player as it is a solo map

Sent from my Pixel using TapatalkGood to know :)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Peeweelee
05-05-2018, 11:15 AM
I agreed with islamiyah, Make it fair to all level. No DEVs or Psyko, Just make the damages base on the player of every character so that it will be balance to all player. Also, pretty much cool because all players can play without any advantages and disadvantages :)

jackelpl1035
05-05-2018, 12:54 PM
I agreed with islamiyah, Make it fair to all level. No DEVs or Psyko, Just make the damages base on the player of every character so that it will be balance to all player. Also, pretty much cool because all players can play without any advantages and disadvantages :)I agreed too, its fair for all players.

Jilsponie
05-05-2018, 12:57 PM
Player level, stats, and dev are all irrelevant really, if you want to be able to see the vendor i suggest trying to join pocket community if you haven't already. It's really not going to be any kind of competition PC will have 5 people for every 1 in other guilds lol i think 2 guilds disappeared from the leaderboards and pc doubled already large active numbers over night lol
I agreed with islamiyah, Make it fair to all level. No DEVs or Psyko, Just make the damages base on the player of every character so that it will be balance to all player. Also, pretty much cool because all players can play without any advantages and disadvantages :)

Draebatad
05-05-2018, 09:50 PM
It's really not going to be any kind of competition PC will have 5 people for every 1 in other guilds lol i think 2 guilds disappeared from the leaderboards and pc doubled already large active numbers over night lol

Excellent point! Thank you. That's exactly why this shouldn't be a guild competition. There's no competition. It's broken. This was not how STS anticipated this very special event to play out, IMHO, exploiting the mechanics of the event for a one-guild "guild event" lol. In light of these developments, I strongly agree with imrandy and others who have voiced similar concerns. This should be for everyone who plays during the event, just like in every other event in PL history. No one should have to leave their guild in order to have a fair shot at this event. This is the most important event since the bsm preview. Some dynamics need to be seriously changed to properly honor this moment in Alterran history.

Additional supporting documentation :

New guilds are irrelevant, people are in the guild they are in for the reason they are there... a few players shouldn't have to compete with many

I actually agree Dolloway. I don't know why, but this one just doesn't appeal to me

I've gotta agree. I have to think this is gonna play out as a two-horse race. And all the while, everyone in both guilds will be joining the other guild with an alt. So that no matter which guild prevails, they will have access to the reward.

I love the concept of the event, but I have to agree with others, a guild event is hard for the smaller guilds.

Agree. Great concept, but unfair to all but a select few guilds.

Mine AGK
05-05-2018, 10:13 PM
This should be a farming event for all people. Not just guild vs guild. That excludes everyone. Including a decent amount who purchase plat and are active. This should be just a farming event like every other one we have had. Keep white drag as a dropable item. Make myx drop it or something, along with all the other vanities you planned on giving the guild that won, access to.

Keep white drag rare and reduce its drop chance. Make it low, or make it the same way you planned on. Making it only tradable if you pay the plat to allow it to happen. Keep a forge like that PERMANENT. Just in case some who acquire white drag can craft it in the future. Although make it stashable to be put on other toons just to use it, though still not tradable. Alot of people hate character bound items.

This is no longer a fair event when the #1 guild literally gained 100+ l105s and well over 1k members in the span of 3-4 days just from people trying to get access to it.

There is also another way of going about this. I remember forgotten treasure event. The WHOLE community had to work together to acquire the forgotten treasure helm as a reward for (i think was breaking chest?) Cant remember that far back so well. Gives a community type contract, making us reach a certain goal, then allow us access to the vendor if we reach that goal. Adding the forge still to craft white drag into a tradable item with platinum.

Dolloway
05-05-2018, 10:35 PM
This should be a farming event for all people. Not just guild vs guild. That excludes everyone. Including a decent amount who purchase plat and are active. This should be just a farming event like every other one we have had. Keep white drag as a dropable item. Make myx drop it or something, along with all the other vanities you planned on giving the guild that won, access to.

Keep white drag rare and reduce its drop chance. Make it low, or make it the same way you planned on. Making it only tradable if you pay the plat to allow it to happen. Keep a forge like that PERMANENT. Just in case some who acquire white drag can craft it in the future. Although make it stashable to be put on other toons just to use it, though still not tradable. Alot of people hate character bound items.

This is no longer a fair event when the #1 guild literally gained 100+ l105s and well over 1k members in the span of 3-4 days just from people trying to get access to it.

There is also another way of going about this. I remember forgotten treasure event. The WHOLE community had to work together to acquire the forgotten treasure helm as a reward for (i think was breaking chest?) Cant remember that far back so well. Gives a community type contract, making us reach a certain goal, then allow us access to the vendor if we reach that goal. Adding the forge still to craft white drag into a tradable item with platinum.

I agree strongly with this.

I'm also glad people are finally coming to their senses and realizing that although the event is great, the idea behind the guild challenge was highly flawed from the beginning. Although it's possible any guild could win the event (i.e. anyone can win the lottery), it's highly improbable at this point, especially with all the gains Pocket Community made after the news of this event.

plpr
05-05-2018, 10:39 PM

I'm also glad people are finally coming to their senses and realizing that although the event is great, the idea behind the guild challenge was highly flawed from the beginning. Although it's possible any guild could win the event (i.e. anyone can win the lottery), it's highly improbable at this point, especially with all the gains Pocket Community made after the news of this event.
There will be a big change. I suspect this is why the date was set so far away which is strange.

Draebatad
05-05-2018, 10:40 PM

I don't think the expectation was that people would exploit the concept of a guild competition and turn it into a one guild event. But obviously it's come to that. Such a shame. And yes, I fully agree with you considering the circumstances.

Draebatad
05-05-2018, 11:04 PM
This should be a farming event for all people.

Most definitely.

Oby
05-05-2018, 11:08 PM
I still strongly believe a brand new guild made for this could win, irregardless of even being close to the top 50 in the current guild leaderboard. The panic seems a bit unreal. The challenge seems fair. In the end, I don't care how the requirements work, the event is a grand idea, offers a fun experience and will result in more elite 105 weapons and amulets in the global market. Something to appreciate, for sure.Such a change in heart. But glad you got your head straight now. This event is not fair at all.

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Dolloway
05-05-2018, 11:08 PM
There will be a big change. I suspect this is why the date was set so far away which is strange.

Hopefully. There are about a half a dozen better suggestions for challenges on this thread that would be more inclusive and less easily exploited, including the one you suggested.

Mine AGK
05-05-2018, 11:12 PM
Such a change in heart. But glad you got your head straight now. This event is not fair at all.

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Its not the head wasnt headstrong before. He didnt count on people exploiting the way the event was going to work. Calm yourself oby.

Cinco
05-05-2018, 11:14 PM
Just to be clear, the event does offer free farming content for all players: amulet (elite quest item) loot, mage cave crafting components, and the ‘White Lightning’ vanity items are all possible loot for anyone who runs the Mage Castle dungeon.

Draebatad
05-05-2018, 11:17 PM
Such a change in heart. But glad you got your head straight now. This event is not fair at all.

Thank you. The anticipation was that people would try their best in their own guilds, not flock to one guild to exploit the concept of a guild VS guild event. But yes, I am glad we're all on the same page now.

Thank you everyone for contributing to this important topic at hand.

plpr
05-05-2018, 11:17 PM
Just to be clear, the event does offer free farming content for all players: amulet (elite quest item) loot, mage cave crafting components, and the ‘White Lightning’ vanity items are all possible loot for anyone who runs the Mage Castle dungeon.
White lightning! Hahaha Good name for a vanity if I do say so myself.

Cinco
05-05-2018, 11:19 PM
Thank you. The anticipation was that people would try their best in their own guilds, not flock to one guild to exploit the concept of a guild VS guild event. But yes, I am glad we're all on the same page now.

Thank you everyone for contributing to this important topic at hand.

If players cannot afford the gold prices for the Prize Vendor, I do hope their Guilds will help them out :-)

Oby
05-05-2018, 11:20 PM
Its not the head wasnt headstrong before. He didnt count on people exploiting the way the event was going to work. Calm yourself oby.Calmed my friend. We are seeing eye to eye. No sweat.

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Draebatad
05-05-2018, 11:22 PM

In the current version of this event, White drag however, is not available for everyone? And if it goes live like this, we all know the outcome.

Oby
05-05-2018, 11:22 PM
If players cannot afford the gold prices for the Prize Vendor, I do hope their Guilds will help them out :-)We gave away millions in gold to our members today in Pocket Community. Hope they do as intended and budget until the event. Definitely seen many flocking around the CS though :"D

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Draebatad
05-05-2018, 11:30 PM
If players cannot afford the gold prices for the Prize Vendor, I do hope their Guilds will help them out :-)

Another concern about the gold used to purchase items, is that the gold doesn't stay in the game, it simply evaporates. Vanishes from the game. Isn't gold overall in short enough supply already for the majority of players? And tori the teller, her prices are so far outdated based on the current economy, she's not going to help print new currency in the game unless her offerings are updated drastically. I guess deflation will happen over time, but it will likely have a depressive impact on the economy for a while. You could please both parties by offering the gold items for plat in addition to gold, and perhaps make something like a special lottery to put the spent gold back into the game.

Draebatad
05-06-2018, 12:40 AM

And the plurality of the word "guild" is not lost upon us. :)

Peeweelee
05-06-2018, 06:47 AM
Nice! Its good to hear that! So that all PL Players will be balance and fair in the upcoming event. :)

Jilsponie
05-06-2018, 07:18 AM
Another concern about the gold used to purchase items, is that the gold doesn't stay in the game, it simply evaporates. Vanishes from the game. Isn't gold overall in short enough supply already for the majority of players? And tori the teller, her prices are so far outdated based on the current economy, she's not going to help print new currency in the game unless her offerings are updated drastically. I guess deflation will happen over time, but it will likely have a depressive impact on the economy for a while. You could please both parties by offering the gold items for plat in addition to gold, and perhaps make something like a special lottery to put the spent gold back into the game.So much gold being in the game causes inflation, inflation is a bad thing. Normal people worry about inflation. Deflation however is a blessing to the community as a whole and only really hurts investors.

plpr
05-06-2018, 10:51 AM
So much gold being in the game causes inflation, inflation is a bad thing. Normal people worry about inflation. Deflation however is a blessing to the community as a whole and only really hurts investors.

This may just be the dumbest thing I've ever read on the forum

Jilsponie
05-06-2018, 10:52 AM
Weird because it's excepted economic fact... research the great depression

plpr
05-06-2018, 11:13 AM
Weird because it's excepted economic fact... research the great depression

This isn't the great depression this is pocket legends. To put it simple everything will lose its value drastically and nobody will want to sell their items cheaper because they aren't aware or haven't caught on to the fact it takes a really long time to farm gold and not long to drop it into a void.

Jilsponie
05-06-2018, 11:16 AM
Fast research lol... Economics is economics. Either here or there it works the same way... 2+2=4 irl and in pl
This isn't the great depression this is pocket legends. To put it simple everything will lose its value drastically and nobody will want to sell their items cheaper because they aren't aware or haven't caught on to the fact it takes a really long time to farm gold and not long to drop it into a void.

plpr
05-06-2018, 11:25 AM
Fast research lol... Economics is economics. Either here or there it works the same way... 2+2=4 irl and in pl

Nobody else is ever right talking with you so I won't waste my breath.

Jilsponie
05-06-2018, 11:27 AM
Probably because they don't even read and try to understand what i say... it's just "look jilsponie posted so i have to go disagree with him because i don't like him or what he says"
In fact scroll up far enough and you will see someone disagree with what i said, then use the same quote later when they changed their stance after seeing cause and effect play out...
Nobody else is ever right talking with you so I won't waste my breath.

plpr
05-06-2018, 11:33 AM
Probably because they don't even read and try to understand what i say... it's just "look jilsponie posted so i have to go disagree with him because i don't like him or what he says"

Because your wrong your trying to justify a point that isn't even the problem. Without currency there is no economy then it goes back to pure trading.

Jilsponie
05-06-2018, 11:34 AM
Good job using half my post... scroll up, go ahead lol
Because your wrong your trying to justify a point that isn't even the problem. Without currency there is no economy then it goes back to pure trading.

Trenton
05-06-2018, 12:33 PM

Good job using half my post... scroll up, go ahead lol

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using TapatalkPlease stop replying to each other

Jilsponie
05-06-2018, 12:41 PM
Please stop replying to each other

Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkHe called basic economics "the dumbest thing he has ever read on the forums" because it didn't support his personal view... sorry I have a bad habit of defending myself amd the truth lol

plpr
05-06-2018, 12:51 PM
He called basic economics "the dumbest thing he has ever read on the forums" because it didn't support his personal view... sorry I have a bad habit of defending myself amd the truth lol

Anybody with eyes would agree with me.
Like honestly did you even read what drae said in his post? There is no argument that can go against what he said about gold going into a void yet you have to come in and say some irrelevant "basic economy" statements that have nothing to do with what we are talking about. Just like your next reply after this will be

Draebatad
05-06-2018, 02:16 PM
There is no argument that can go against what he said about gold going into a void

Not to mention other causes of gold disappearing from the game, such as through bans, acct deletions, dormant accounts and gold hoarders who refuse to spend more than "pennies". That's potentially somewhere in the many billions.

Jilsponie
05-06-2018, 02:23 PM
You are making the argument of the investor... Deflation helps new players afford gear, yes old loyal players get the shaft as far as their item value is concerned. But in my opinion it's much more important to keep new players geared and have an active community than an item i have in my inventory not losing "value" that has always been subject to supply and demand anyway.

Jilsponie
05-06-2018, 02:28 PM
Oh look... the person that quoted me and disagreed with the same post they later quoted in support of... fancy seeing you here to disagree lol
Not to mention other causes of gold disappearing from the game, such as through bans, acct deletions, dormant accounts and gold hoarders who refuse to spend more than "pennies". That's potentially somewhere in the many billions.

3pc
05-06-2018, 03:19 PM

Actually PL stocks have taken a toll all items decreased a quite so good amount

Mine AGK
05-06-2018, 03:33 PM
You are making the argument of the investor... Deflation helps new players afford gear, yes old loyal players get the shaft as far as their item value is concerned. But in my opinion it's much more important to keep new players geared and have an active community than an item i have in my inventory not losing "value" that has always been subject to supply and demand anyway.

THERE IS NO DEFLATION HERE LOL. They are simply stating that gold is just going to disappear into the ether. They arent making cases for prices on items at all. They are talking about how if this event has people spending gold on items people WANT. The gold just disappears into the ether just like when you buy potions. They want to know if there will be anything in game for gold to be put back in game that way people arent just trading items for items. Gold for items is much easier and less of a chance of scamming especially at high tier items.

Draebatad
05-06-2018, 03:59 PM
Notice the prices have been posted. Very fair prices IMHO. However yes, there's potentially many hundreds of millions about to disappear from the game as the prize vendor sells us his goods.

Jilsponie
05-06-2018, 04:02 PM
THERE IS NO DEFLATION HERE LOL. They are simply stating that gold is just going to disappear into the ether. They arent making cases for prices on items at all. They are talking about how if this event has people spending gold on items people WANT. The gold just disappears into the ether just like when you buy potions. They want to know if there will be anything in game for gold to be put back in game that way people arent just trading items for items. Gold for items is much easier and less of a chance of scamming especially at high tier items.You should read the post that started the conversation before telling someone someone else wasn't saying something they said.... with me so far?

That being said, this is clearly another case of "jilsponie posted something and i don't like them so i have to go disagree"

Draebatad
05-06-2018, 04:11 PM

Mr. Cinco, would you be able to clarify if this is no longer a single guild event for access to the vendor? Your sudden plural use of the word guild last night begs this question. Thank you.

OneLeft
05-06-2018, 04:17 PM
Seems to me any guild could win, as long as they play and play and play. Regardless of current leaderboard status... It's more of an activity challenge? I can see a guild not even on the top guild board having a chance at it. Is it just me?

Drae why do you all of a sudden have a change of heart if any guild can win?
Is it because you no longer have the most memebers so you are at a disadvantage?

Draebatad
05-06-2018, 04:20 PM
Drae why do you all of a sudden have a change of heart if any guild can win?
Is it because you no longer have the most memebers so you are at a disadvantage?

Scroll back a page or two, you'll see the answers you seek. Have a nice day.

Suentous PO
05-06-2018, 04:20 PM

Jils is referring to a gold sink (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_sink) which is often necessary for mmo's.
That said the only ones in any position to judge the economy in pl are the devs, players can only guess

Cinco
05-06-2018, 04:28 PM
Gold sinks are good policy for maintaining a balanced economy. Pocket Legends has very few gold sinks and an abundance of gold faucets. As a result, we have inflation (in some instances it’s hyper-inflation).

The Guild Event is a gold sink. It’s not particularly aggressive but it will have an impact on merchant players operating at various points along the trade spectrum.

Cinco
05-06-2018, 04:29 PM
Mr. Cinco, would you be able to clarify if this is no longer a single guild event for access to the vendor? Your sudden plural use of the word guild last night begs this question. Thank you.

One Guild wins.

I believe that Guild should make every effort to compensate every player who helped get them across the finish-line.

Mine AGK
05-06-2018, 04:41 PM
Gold sinks are good policy for maintaining a balanced economy. Pocket Legends has very few gold sinks and an abundance of gold faucets. As a result, we have inflation (in some instances it’s hyper-inflation).

The Guild Event is a gold sink. It’s not particularly aggressive but it will have an impact on merchant players operating at various points along the trade spectrum.

So any player that comes back and has, lets say 500m in gold. He now has the advantage over everyone else? Lol gg

Jilsponie
05-06-2018, 04:45 PM
So any player that comes back and has, lets say 500m in gold. He now has the advantage over everyone else? Lol ggBut he also probably lost alot in item value... and if it's an "advantage" they worked for they kinda deserve it imo lol

It's basic economics like i was saying before. Pl is 8 years old. I didn't HAVE to farm again until recently, I've been comfortably well off since 76 cap when starry was 3-8m and savage sets costs 3.4m. If iy wasn't for me spending so much on enchantments i probably still wouldn't be farming lol

Fwend
05-06-2018, 04:58 PM
I want to thank Cinco and the Sts team for this event.

You all listened to us and have given players an opportunity to get the elite weapons and amulets for pl gold. Not all players have access to plat for various reasons.

You introduced a most beautiful highly anticipated white dragon vanity.

You even added a new vanity to farm and items that where difficult to drop, amulet and weapon crafting componets all for free.

Despite all the opinions of this event, personally I appreciate all your hard work for making this for PL. The game is so active and we all are buzzing with excitement for this event.

It certainly has bought the PL community together for a common goal.

Mine AGK
05-06-2018, 05:00 PM
One Guild wins.

I believe that Guild should make every effort to compensate every player who helped get them across the finish-line.

Btw, i notice we will be eligable to have a chance at crafting materials. Can we also get a chance at rings seeing as there is also a shortage of those that ive only seen drop in maxx cave? Had some friends cap 30+ toons and seen between 5-7 drop on all those.

Oby
05-06-2018, 05:02 PM
One Guild wins.

I believe that Guild should make every effort to compensate every player who helped get them across the finish-line.Giving away some more pricey items, let's hope they don't spend it all in one place. [emoji4][emoji108][emoji106]

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Oby
05-06-2018, 05:20 PM

You all listened to us and have given players an opportunity to get the elite weapons and amulets for pl gold. Not all players have access to plat for various reasons.

You even added a new vanity to farm and items that where difficult to drop, amulet and weapon crafting componets all for free.

Despite all the opinions of this event, personally I appreciate all your hard work for making this for PL. The game is so active and we all are buzzing with excitement for this event.

It certainly has bought the PL community together for a common goal.Well said. This event has the game BOOMING and players on their toes. Can't wait to get started in this competition, and I'm sure many can agree with that.

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Mine AGK
05-06-2018, 05:30 PM

You mean it has put one guild against the rest of the community? Literally PC gained 1k members in 3 days just because of this event. This is a divisive event. This isnt "bringing the community together for a common goal" if the whole event is a winner take all.

Oby
05-06-2018, 05:33 PM
You mean it has put one guild against the rest of the community? Literally PC gained 1k members in 3 days just because of this event. This is a divisive event. This isnt "bringing the community together for a common goal" if the whole event is a winner take all.Bringing 1000 people to one place in 3 days, despite PvP wars that have ignited on and off for years... Sounds like the community coming together for one goal to me. That goal being, win the event.

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Mine AGK
05-06-2018, 05:39 PM
Its not a community event. Its a winner take all event. Everyone joining 1 guild completely defeats the purpose of the event in the first place. The Forgotten Treasure event was a community event. This being because EVERYONE in the community worked together to acquire the vanity helm that we were rewarded. The way people are going about this event is just an exploitation to accquire what they otherwise wouldnt in whatever small guild they were in. They will leave as soon as they get what they want. Thats just abusing the system and the people in your guild. Thats not "coming together as a community"

Draebatad
05-06-2018, 05:39 PM
Btw, i notice we will be eligable to have a chance at crafting materials. Can we also get a chance at rings seeing as there is also a shortage of those that ive only seen drop in maxx cave? Had some friends cap 30+ toons and seen between 5-7 drop on all those.

Rings are very rare to drop even with 100% luck in Maxx cave. Others have also requested rings for this same reason. They are needed to complete the sets, so it makes sense.

OneLeft
05-06-2018, 05:42 PM
Its not a community event. Its a winner take all event. Everyone joining 1 guild completely defeats the purpose of the event in the first place. The Forgotten Treasure event was a community event. This being because EVERYONE in the community worked together to acquire the vanity helm that we were rewarded. The way people are going about this event is just an exploitation to accquire what they otherwise wouldnt in whatever small guild they were in. They will leave as soon as they get what they want. Thats just abusing the system and the people in your guild. Thats not "coming together as a community"

Why does it matter if everyone joined the same guild? I feel as tho you are just mad because you were wanting reborn to win so you could make tons of gold off the white dragon sets since the guild would have a monopoly over them

Mine AGK
05-06-2018, 05:47 PM
Why does it matter if everyone joined the same guild? I feel as tho you are just mad because you were wanting reborn to win so you could make tons of gold off the white dragon sets since the guild would have a monopoly over them

Why would i be mad?? Im not mad that reborn isnt gonna win at this point. Already know that. But for people to say that this is a community event, is wrong. Its dividing the community even more and making other use people to acquire something else they otherwise wouldnt. The whole point of the event was guild vs guild. Not 1 guild vs EVERYONE else. %85-95 of the people that have joined PC since this event was announce, will leave after because they EXPLOITED the event. They are just using PC. Thats a reason Reborn didnt open its doors to randoms that just want to join to use us.

Dont forget. Sts probably is gonna charge 2k plat or more just to even craft the white drag set. Not gonna waste that much $$ on 1 set just to put it on an alt or to sell.

Draebatad
05-06-2018, 05:51 PM
Everyone joining 1 guild completely defeats the purpose of the event in the first place.

Because the concept of a guild VS guild event has been exploited, it is most definitely not a guild competition. No challenge. No fun in having a face off VS other guilds. No competition. Very nice awards, however! Easy as pie to "win". Just could've been done differently to make it truly a fun and fair guild VS guild event, one that lived up to the definition of a guild VS guild competition. Thank you, though. The new vanities, discounted guns and elite gear for gold will be truly appreciated.

Oby
05-06-2018, 05:51 PM
Why would i be mad?? Im not mad that reborn isnt gonna win at this point. Already know that. But for people to say that this is a community event, is wrong. Its dividing the community even more and making other use people to acquire something else they otherwise wouldnt. The whole point of the event was guild vs guild. Not 1 guild vs EVERYONE else. %85-95 of the people that have joined PC since this event was announce, will leave after because they EXPLOITED the event. They are just using PC. Thats a reason Reborn didnt open its doors to randoms that just want to join to use us.

Dont forget. Sts probably is gonna charge 2k plat or more just to even craft the white drag set. Not gonna waste that much $$ on 1 set just to put it on an alt or to sell.It's not being used if no one is negatively affect. Players from all United to get a sweet vending machine. People happened to choose PC, due to the already high activity. When the event is wrapped up, everyone will be happy. No one expects all the uniting members to stay in PC. Some will stay, some will go, but in the end no one was used because no one got hurt. :))

pcguild.wix.com/guild

AAPG
05-06-2018, 05:55 PM

Hello .. Mr Cinco
Thank you for this clarification on the reason for the guild event ... but wouldn't everyone having access to the vendor be better if we need a gold sink?
Thank You, Imrandy

Mine AGK
05-06-2018, 05:57 PM
It's not being used if no one is negatively affect. Players from all United to get a sweet vending machine. People happened to choose PC, due to the already high activity. When the event is wrapped up, everyone will be happy. No one expects all the uniting members to stay in PC. Some will stay, some will go, but in the end no one was used because no one got hurt. :))

pcguild.wix.com/guild

So all those people that just joined your guild just to sit and do nothing to HELP, thats not hurting you? This no longer is a guild vs guild event. Its just exploitation of another guild.

So if i go and use somebody for money that i otherwise couldnt accquire. Thats not exploitation or using them? Love that logic.

Mine AGK
05-06-2018, 05:59 PM
Hello .. Mr Cinco
Thank you for this clarification on the reason for the guild event ... but wouldn't everyone having access to the vendor be better if we need a gold sink?
Thank You, Imrandy

That would be a better way to go about it. Give us a certain amount of points to attain either solo or as a COMMUNITY to acquire the vendor access. Would make much more sense.

Jilsponie
So all those people that just joined your guild just to sit and do nothing to HELP, thats not hurting you? This no longer is a guild vs guild event. Its just exploitation of another guild.

So if i go and use somebody for money that i otherwise couldnt accquire. Thats not exploitation or using them? Love that logic.You assume very low of a whole lot of very good people that have no intention of not trying to farm the gear they need and these new vanities...

Oby

So if i go and use somebody for money that i otherwise couldnt accquire. Thats not exploitation or using them? Love that logic.Them joining our guild isn't costing anyone money. Majority of those who joined are actually extremely active pve players, and it would be highly unlikely for these pve, leaderboard ranked players to sit back and let the rest of the population have all the pve fun.

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Oby
05-06-2018, 06:04 PM
I agree! Get your guild active and win!
You could make a guild right now and get the most active players in the game and win the whole thing. Amount and activity are very different. That aside I think that there should be a Gamewide goal. A number set in place that the community as a whole must hit to unlock the vendor. Example being maybe 50,000 total score.

Definitely not just you. Any active guild can win.
Winner will be the guild with Active members :)

Seems to me any guild could win, as long as they play and play and play. Regardless of current leaderboard status... It's more of an activity challenge? I can see a guild not even on the top guild board having a chance at it. Is it just me?Directly after the initial announcement, MANY players were actually encouraging people to unite with active members. There was even a suggestion to make a new guild just for this event and fill it with the most active of members. Now that, that has been done... There is back lash? Filling an already established guild with active members is equivalent to starting a brand new guild and doing the SAME thing. I may be missing something but it seems like we just took some great advice.

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Mine AGK
05-06-2018, 06:07 PM
directly after the initial announcement, many players were actually encouraging people to unite with active members. There was even a suggestion to make a new guild just for this event and fill it with the most active of members. Now that, that has been done... There is back lash? Filling an already established guild with active members is equivalent to starting a brand new guild and doing the same thing. I may be missing something but it seems like we just took some great advice.

Pcguild.wix.com/guild

key words here. Directly after the announcement. Not 24hrs. Not 2 days. Not currently where we stand right now. None of them anticipated the exploitation of everyone joining the sam guild lol.

Oby
05-06-2018, 06:08 PM
key words here. Directly after the announcement. Not 24hrs. Not 2 days. Not currently where we stand right now. None of them anticipated the exploitation of everyone joining the sam guild lol.It was suggested but not expected?

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Mine AGK
05-06-2018, 06:11 PM
My key words are EVERYONE. EVERYONE that is active joined 1 guild. Thus making it no longer a guild vs guild competition. Not to mention the fact that white drag sets are CHARACTER bound. Not even stashable lol.

Oby
05-06-2018, 06:15 PM
My key words are EVERYONE. EVERYONE that is active joined 1 guild. Thus making it no longer a guild vs guild competition. Not to mention the fact that white drag sets are CHARACTER bound. Not even stashable lol.It was suggested a guild increase activity with extremely active players. Pocket Community has done just that. I just think the guild blew the expectation, of many players, out of the water.

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Draebatad
05-06-2018, 06:28 PM
It goes without saying that as always, PL players will always find a way to exploit any situation they can. This major event is no exception. However the devs called it a guild VS guild competition, and they probably didn't anticipate that there would be absolutely no competition whatsoever. That my friends, is exploitation at its finest. And because of that, the current dynamics of this "competition", make it a fail before takeoff. But, yes, the ezpz rewards (because there's no challenge) are there for all for the taking. Enjoy and gz, you earned it.

Onebigsmurfmello
05-06-2018, 06:34 PM
If your guild was the one everyone was joining you wouldn't be mad.... You just can't accept you aren't winning this event

Draebatad
05-06-2018, 06:39 PM
If your guild was the one everyone was joining you wouldn't be mad.... You just can't help but accept you aren't winning this event

That's not the point at all. In the end we will all reap the same rewards. We turned away everyone who wanted to join us because this isn't a free for all guild. The issue at hand is that there are no metrics in place to ensure a guild VS guild competition. I believe I've made this clear many times already.

Jilsponie
05-06-2018, 06:43 PM
It's really funny you thought it was fair when all guilds but 2 got excluded automatically just for their size, now that your guild is excluded as well you changed your mind lol
That's not the point at all. In the end we will all reap the same rewards. We turned away everyone who wanted to join us because this isn't a free for all guild. The issue at hand is that there are no metrics in place to ensure a guild VS guild competition. I believe I've made this clear many times already.

Onebigsmurfmello
05-06-2018, 06:44 PM
It's alright everyone decided to join forces a great way to bring people together. If you don't like how the event turned out, don't participate. Bringing active people together might have been the best thing this competition did, before the competition has even started. Thank you Cinco for bringing people together and allowing them to overcome their differences with each other and help to make PL a stronger community even if it wasn't intended at first.

Not the players' fault they decided announced things and people came together. You can't do anything about it now so embrace it and stop complaining.

OneLeft
05-06-2018, 06:47 PM

Get your guild active and win right drae?

Mine AGK
05-06-2018, 06:48 PM
It's really funny you thought it was fair when all guilds but 2 got excluded automatically just for their size, now that your guild is excluded as well you changed your mind lol

Smh. In the beggining, there was a possibility of any guild winning depending on activity of members. Now that ALL of the active members that play constantly joined 1 guild. Its no longer a competition. Reborn doesnt care if PC wins. Just stop calling it a competition or even a community event. Call it what it is lol. EXPLOITATION.

Oby
05-06-2018, 06:50 PM

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using TapatalkWell said.

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Onebigsmurfmello
05-06-2018, 06:50 PM
It's not exploitative at all lol you all are funny. It's called being smart and wanting to join forces for a greater good...... Many times guilds do this!

You can't fault the people of PL for the Dev releasing this and not thinking about the possibility that people would join their guilds haha. Even I would think that as the first thing people would do.

Oby
05-06-2018, 06:54 PM
As far as I can tell any guild can win. Get your activity up and win! :))

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Draebatad
05-06-2018, 06:59 PM
There are no metrics in place to make it a competitive guild vs guild event. Therefore it is not a competition. The concept of a guild VS guild event has been fully compromised. As I said, we all reap the easy rewards so that's fine by me. Are you all concerned STS might fix this mess and make it a real competition? Seems so.

OneLeft
05-06-2018, 07:03 PM
There are no metrics in place to make it a competitive guild vs guild event. Therefore it is not a competition. The concept of a guild VS guild event has been fully compromised. As I said, we all reap the easy rewards so that's fine by me. Are you all concerned STS might fix this mess and make it a real competition? Seems so.

I 100% would rather see this be a solo event to make the white dragon sets have some value.
Imo keep the event the way it is but add solo incentives like the top 25 or top 50 get a free exclusive dragon set. Maybe a white/blue dragon set. So everyone can have something to try for.

Oby
05-06-2018, 07:03 PM
There are no metrics in place to make it a competitive guild vs guild event. Therefore it is not a competition. The concept of a guild VS guild event has been fully compromised. As I said, we all reap the easy rewards so that's fine by me. Are you all concerned STS might fix this mess and make it a real competition? Seems so.The event is grand! I see awesome activity in game, great enthusiasm, and people working together. I feel there is nothing that spacetimes could have done better.

pcguild.wix.com/guild

Onebigsmurfmello
05-06-2018, 07:07 PM
It is a guild verse guild? Anyone can change and join another guild if they want before the event, that's how a guild system works. Heck, I could leave my guild and join any other guild. You are upset because you think "The Odds Are Forever Not In Your Favor" but any guild can win as far as im concerned..

Mine AGK
05-06-2018, 07:09 PM
I could care less who wins lol. Just call it what it is. Exploitation of the event. NO competition.

Although the white drag set being stashable and not character bound, unless crafted into a tradable set with plat would be nice. To designate it to 1 toon without spending (what will more then likely be a substantial amount of plat) would be terrible for F2P players. No one has seemed to focus on that part seeing as how alot of people have been complaining about the plat maps only for crafting materials, an no free maps.

Onebigsmurfmello
05-06-2018, 07:12 PM
PL has to make money somehow to stay a float. It's like every other game.... only so much is free before you have to pay.

Mine AGK
05-06-2018, 07:16 PM
pl has to make money somehow to stay a float. It's like every other game.... Only so much is free before you have to pay.

you literally just missed what i said. Most who spend the plat to craft it. May eventualy intend on making gold from this event. Alot will spend gold, but few will spend the plat to craft, but yet people will go and complain that crafting materials should be available to f2p players because of their position on the planet? I purchase plat and still have an issue with the majority of players not being able to make any gold or even being able to stash it. One person may only have enough for 1 drag set and want to use it on all characters.

Draebatad
05-06-2018, 08:09 PM
I 100% would rather see this be a solo event to make the white dragon sets have some value.
Imo keep the event the way it is but add solo incentives like the top 25 or top 50 get a free exclusive dragon set. Maybe a white/blue dragon set. So everyone can have something to try for.

It should be an event open to all players, just like every other event in the past. And not what it currently is (I think we've sufficiently covered what it is and isn't already, and why).

Jilsponie
05-06-2018, 09:44 PM
Smh. In the beggining, there was a possibility of any guild winning depending on activity of members. Now that ALL of the active members that play constantly joined 1 guild. Its no longer a competition. Reborn doesnt care if PC wins. Just stop calling it a competition or even a community event. Call it what it is lol. EXPLOITATION.You mean common sense? Ok I'll call it common sense.

You also mean in the beginning* Reborn had a chance of winning, not any guild right?

Waug
05-06-2018, 10:58 PM

I think it's bit more complex than just simple inflation, it's a situation of economic inequality. Over the period of time merchants and those who farm and sell valuable items to make huge gold sitting on a pile of gold (I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just bringing some facts to describe current economic situation)

But that's an absorption of gold from others not an way to generate gold, making / generating gold is pretty hard and only comes from small chunk of gold from pve enemies and item liquidation and direct gold buying with plat that nobody does.

Now if I come to practical experience, keeping the theories at hold. What I noticed is that - where is inflation? since years, it's getting hard and harder to sell items, seems like ppl hardly wanna buy items (majority) because to them it's hard to get gold and they are very choosy. If you ask me, item and vanity prices are seems to be lowest at it's value, sure there are other causes as well but then it again come back source of gold, if pl had great flow of new comers they would generate gold and infuse gold into the system and buy items etc. It's common to get PM - "omg 10m, how to earn 10m, im done" they got a point, I'd suggest to merch and get gold off other players or to farm items for gold then again majority of players can't afford, it's hard to sell and items keep falling at price. The argue can be - hey farm the items, problem solved, right? but we are talking about economy and current economy is like that, either you're sitting on a pile of gold or it's almost impossible to FARM (generate) gold.

From my point of view as it's necessary to do gold sink (guild event, item enchantment) it's also very much necessary to increase the flow of gold to the general players, to the system, some kinda increase of direct small gold from mobs, increasing liquidation price etc. For an idea, there might a L105 max map with boss chance to drop Gold orb (like xp orb) small amount of gold not high in number.

One clarification is needed, This is not in the context of guild event, because somehow the point has arrived here, the event is cool and asking more and more aint fair.

SuperGotenks
05-07-2018, 02:09 AM
I think it's bit more complex than just simple inflation, it's a situation of economic inequality. Over the period of time merchants and those who farm and sell valuable items to make huge gold sitting on a pile of gold (I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just bringing some facts to describe current economic situation)

But that's an absorption of gold from others not an way to generate gold, making / generating gold is pretty hard and only comes from small chunk of gold from pve enemies and item liquidation and direct gold buying with plat that nobody does.

Now if I come to practical experience, keeping the theories at hold. What I noticed is that - where is inflation? since years, it's getting hard and harder to sell items, seems like ppl hardly wanna buy items (majority) because to them it's hard to get gold and they are very choosy. If you ask me, item and vanity prices are seems to be lowest at it's value, sure there are other causes as well but then it again come back source of gold, if pl had great flow of new comers they would generate gold and infuse gold into the system and buy items etc. It's common to get PM - "omg 10m, how to earn 10m, im done" they got a point, I'd suggest to merch and get gold off other players or to farm items for gold then again majority of players can't afford, it's hard to sell and items keep falling at price. The argue can be - hey farm the items, problem solved, right? but we are talking about economy and current economy is like that, either you're sitting on a pile of gold or it's almost impossible to FARM (generate) gold.

From my point of view as it's necessary to do gold sink (guild event, item enchantment) it's also very much necessary to increase the flow of gold to the general players, to the system, some kinda increase of direct small gold from mobs, increasing liquidation price etc. For an idea, there might a L105 max map with boss chance to drop Gold orb (like xp orb) small amount of gold not high in number.

One clarification is needed, This is not in the context of guild event, because somehow the point has arrived here, the event is cool and asking more and more aint fair.

I really like this idea. Rarely do I see new players be able to progress through the game and become successful. Not many people are geared due to scarcity of gold, and with no circular flow in PL's current economy it seems as if it has reached stagflation in a sense. This gold sink event is a smart move, but after the event ends PL will flow back to its old state of the wealthy not spending money and hoarding items, and the poor not being able to become wealthy. In addition, a major factor of PL's current economic state is low activity in PvP. I think what really killed off lower levels of pvp was enchantments. Yeah, sure, STS made a few bucks in the short run, but enchantments killed off a lot of the PL community. PvP has always has been a main factor in driving PL's economy, but since little to none are active at formerly populated pvp areas (L30-76) the economy has been stagnant. In the past I've noticed a lot of people making most of their gold selling lower level PvP sets (demonic, sentinel, swift etc) but now are unable to sell these same items since no one PvP's at those levels.

Buchmeister
05-07-2018, 09:09 AM
How much plat will it be to convert it? Just so I can start saving now.

AAPG
05-07-2018, 09:57 AM
Hello.. Ok Im cool with this event now .. it goes like this

Move most of the gold in the game to one guild ...create a guild event ... and the prize is a vendor that sells high priced exclusive items to take gold from the guild out of the game.
I can live with that ... as long as it works.
I don't think which guild matters that much ... as most players in the game won't be able to afford the vendor anyway ... me included.
So its a farming event for most ... and we wait hope the economy balance thing works out .. and we get another opportunity for white dragon in the future.
At least we will find out who the gold "horders" are in the game they will be wearing white dragon.

"Cheers" and happy farming ... Imrandy

Jilsponie
05-07-2018, 10:08 AM
Eh the white dragon looks to be costing like 2m or something... that doesn't require a hoarder to buy... quick run sts for finam and terme offhands and you could probably buy 5 :)
Hello.. Ok Im cool with this event now .. it goes like this

Move most of the gold in the game to one guild ...create a guild event ... and the prize is a vendor that sells high priced exclusive items to take gold from the guild out of the game.
I can live with that ... as long as it works.
I don't think which guild matters that much ... as most players in the game won't be able to afford the vendor anyway ... me included.
So its a farming event for most ... and we wait hope the economy balance thing works out .. and we get another opportunity for white dragon in the future.
At least we will find out who the gold "horders" are in the game they will be wearing white dragon.

"Cheers" and happy farming ... Imrandy

Trenton
05-07-2018, 10:17 AM
I (and others in game) really think rings should be added to the vendor, considering their insane current price and way too low drop rate. The whole set minus the ring will cost less than 10m while the elite ring stays at 15m-20m, that's insane lol

Jilsponie
05-07-2018, 10:21 AM
I (and others in game) really think rings should be added to the vendor, considering their insane current price and way too low drop rate. The whole set minus the ring will cost less than 10m while the elite ring stays at 15m-20m, that's insane lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using TapatalkI honestly haven't even looked into the prices rings are going for... but judging by the hundreds of runs I've done without seeing the actual desired rings drop i can only assume they are ridiculously expensive. So i would definitely support anything to get more into the market

Dolloway
05-07-2018, 10:38 AM
I'm honestly surprised by how little rings there are in cs, considering there are 500+ capped characters, with a lot of those capped characters having capped in Maxx. I think I've done about 25 runs total in Maxx and dropped 5 rings, so an average of 1 ring for every 5 runs.

I wouldn't be opposed to adding rings to the vendor, but by doing so, everything needed to get a set will have drastically dropped and there will be very little worth farming for again.

Jilsponie
05-07-2018, 10:39 AM
Maxx cave or maxx maze?
I'm honestly surprised by how little rings there are in cs, considering there are 500+ capped characters, with a lot of those capped characters having capped in Maxx. I think I've done about 25 runs total in Maxx and dropped 5 rings, so an average of 1 ring for every 5 runs.

I wouldn't be opposed to adding rings to the vendor, but by doing so, everything needed to get a set will have drastically dropped and there will be very little worth farming for again.

Dolloway
05-07-2018, 10:54 AM
Maxx cave or maxx maze?

Cave. Only crafting materials drop from maze from what I understand and have seen.

Jilsponie
05-07-2018, 11:03 AM
Cave. Only crafting materials drop from maze from what I understand and have seen.Alrighty, i haven't ran cave at all, just maze. Thank you sir

AAPG
05-07-2018, 11:45 AM
@Jilsponie .. different play styles for everyone ... 2m is a “horde” to me ( and the majority of Players) ... I couldn’t buy it that’s the definition of a “horde” to most.
It’s going to be interesting to see how many can buy it and therefore how much gold it takes out of the game ...Imrandy

jackelpl1035
05-07-2018, 12:03 PM
Cinco, is this event only one winning guild or in top 5 or top 3?

jackelpl1035
05-07-2018, 12:21 PM
Ops too much comment didnt see only one guild wins, but its unfair [emoji50] bcuz some of them try hard and get nothing[emoji45]

Jilsponie
05-07-2018, 12:37 PM
2m isn't much at all... that's 1 good drop in sts, 100 offhands are in high demand

Or 3 drops whatever lol just farm
@Jilsponie .. different play styles for everyone ... 2m is a “horde” to me ( and the majority of Players) ... I couldn’t buy it that’s the definition of a “horde” to most.
It’s going to be interesting to see how many can buy it and therefore how much gold it takes out of the game ...Imrandy

Draebatad
05-07-2018, 01:13 PM
I think it's bit more complex than just simple inflation, it's a situation of economic inequality.

[...]

From my point of view as it's necessary to do gold sink (guild event, item enchantment) it's also very much necessary to increase the flow of gold to the general players

"Game designers must balance between scarcity of currency and ease of acquiring currency." - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_sink#Examples

SuperGotenks
05-07-2018, 02:10 PM
"Game designers must balance between scarcity of currency and ease of acquiring currency." - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_sink#Examples

Read my post under Waug's. The gold sink isn't enough to stabilize PL's economy in the long run. Gold is scarce and hard to obtain. Therefore, a gold sink and ease of obtaining gold is necessary.

Draebatad
05-07-2018, 02:47 PM
Read my post under Waug's. The gold sink isn't enough to stabilize PL's economy in the long run. Gold is scarce and hard to obtain. Therefore, a gold sink and ease of obtaining gold is necessary.

Yes, I was replying in support of both you and Waug when I used the quote, "Game designers must balance between scarcity of currency and ease of acquiring currency".

Pocket Legends has very few gold sinks and an abundance of gold faucets.

You might ask this guy to show the way to these abundance of gold faucets.

Jensmage
05-07-2018, 02:50 PM
Excellent point! Thank you. That's exactly why this shouldn't be a guild competition. There's no competition. It's broken. This was not how STS anticipated this very special event to play out, IMHO, exploiting the mechanics of the event for a one-guild "guild event" lol. In light of these developments, I strongly agree with imrandy and others who have voiced similar concerns. This should be for everyone who plays during the event, just like in every other event in PL history. No one should have to leave their guild in order to have a fair shot at this event. This is the most important event since the bsm preview. Some dynamics need to be seriously changed to properly honor this moment in Alterran history.

Additional supporting documentation :

-Controlling multiple chars with a pc isn’t easy. People will give up on that. No fun when people do that. It takes the fun out of the game.

-I believe any guild can still win. :)

-People will return to their guild once the event ends or stay with the new home.

-Purpose of the event is to have active players and it’s actually doing that.

-No event is perfect. We complain when the odds are against us. It looks like odds are against some.

-Because the bosses permit rare drops, I’m happy for that.

Draebatad
05-07-2018, 02:56 PM
I believe any guild can still win. :)

Delusion has its perks.

Jilsponie
05-07-2018, 03:01 PM
Delusion here at work...
Delusion has its perks.

3pc
05-07-2018, 03:14 PM

Very well said sunny i agree

3pc
05-07-2018, 03:43 PM
To keep the white gold dragon set rare it should cost like 100+ plat to make it craftable for trading use. Also are the pets only lootable and not bought with gold from the vendor?

Draebatad
05-07-2018, 03:45 PM
The pets would appear to cost 250k? I'm also curious about the price to make them tradable.

Jensmage
05-07-2018, 03:46 PM
Delusion has its perks.

I forgot to add the quote and quote it correctly. :p

“I strongly agree that any guild can win regardless if new or old ” - Draebatad

Jensmage
05-07-2018, 03:49 PM
To keep the white gold dragon set rare it should cost like 100+ plat to make it craftable for trading use. Also are the pets only lootable and not bought with gold from the vendor?

I think they should make the gold pet tradable for 3k plat. :p

Draebatad
05-07-2018, 03:54 PM
I forgot to add the quote and quote it correctly. :p

“I strongly agree that any guild can win regardless if new or old ” - Draebatad

You're trolling? because you've most likely read the many posts where I explained why this event is broken, feel free to read those many responses if you haven't already on the prior pages.

Draebatad
05-07-2018, 03:57 PM
I think they should make the gold pet tradable for 3k plat. :p

Many would disagree with that. This event was offered in a big way as a solution for people without plat, after all.

Random mage
05-07-2018, 04:40 PM
Delusion here at work...

Delusion with some pork?
Delusion with a fork.

Jensmage
05-07-2018, 04:53 PM
You're trolling? because you've most likely read the many posts where I explained why this event is broken, feel free to read those many responses if you haven't already on the prior pages.

I did read those responses you provided. It looks to me they mentioned that the competition isn’t fair at the beginning and looks like they moved on. It’s your response that is amusing. Comparing the previous vs the current.

Draebatad
05-07-2018, 05:04 PM
I did read those responses you provided. It looks to me they mentioned that the competition isn’t fair at the beginning and looks like they moved on. It’s your response that is amusing. Comparing the previous vs the current.

Amusing if you're trolling, yes. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Jilsponie
05-07-2018, 05:05 PM
Delusion of a dork
Delusion with some pork?
Delusion with a fork.

imdoof
05-07-2018, 05:15 PM
Delusion with some pork?
Delusion with a fork.
No i would not share my pork with this dork,
Not even if he was a stork