PDA

View Full Version : Great job on making gold loot useless...guess we gotta go farm jewel

Tattoos
01-20-2023, 04:27 PM
:)

Sent from my SM-A107M using Tapatalk

trueido
01-20-2023, 04:30 PM
GL are not useless the nerf isn't even that big and now you can run 3rd & 4th maps more efficiently

edit-
I was wrong, was lucky enough to run few times and get 50k+ with 950gl, but later on I saw the difference

Encryptions
01-20-2023, 04:44 PM
So for those who were cheering on the high drop rates of gold loot gears because "it helps new players". Are you cheering now? Base drop before the nerf was paying like 5k-8k now you need like 500gl to get 5k.

Tattoos
01-20-2023, 04:47 PM
GL are not useless the nerf isn't even that big and now you can run 3rd & 4th maps more efficientlyOk so u telling me 18k with 800gl is not a big nerf ok :)

Sent from my SM-A107M using Tapatalk

Fahtsssss
01-20-2023, 06:17 PM
The nerf was needed but they nerfed it by 50-75%. The boss is dropping 16,000 gold for someone with 925gl. To earn gold with gold loot required time and effort because you are actually PLAYING the game. I don't understand why you would want to punish people that actually put time into your game, rather than sit in expedition and buy and sell (merch) items to earn gold to buy vanities and rinse and repeat.

Oh well.

Ign Kinnq

HeartBreaker
01-20-2023, 06:29 PM
800gl drop 15k on main boss whats happening

Sent from my Redmi 6 using Tapatalk

Synergia
01-20-2023, 06:41 PM
I got 59k from boss at 960gl I think the number got changed from 3500-7000 base to like 1000-6000?

wilson1108
01-20-2023, 07:09 PM
GL are not useless the nerf isn't even that big and now you can run 3rd & 4th maps more efficiently

700 gl drops 11k on boss, not a big Nerf. I trust you bro

Zinofpride
01-20-2023, 08:09 PM
So going from making 40k per boss kill to 10-20k is not a big nerf? Like what where they thinking killing the only thing people look forward to in late game lowkey they changed makes me want to quit because there's really noting go do in the game anymore I can't even enjoy farming gold because now instead of making 1m round an hour or 2 turns into 6 hours for 1m pointless nerf

Zinofpride
01-20-2023, 08:15 PM
Idk where you think the nerf was needed people don't have noting to really do in late game besides farming gold your going to sit there and say its a good idea to make the only thing keeping rhe game rewarding nerf it to where people will stop doing it all together I feel like quitting because in all honesty the game has noting good going for it PvP is boring you have to be rich out the world to have some type of fun now the only thing left to do is sit in a base and spam merch I don't want to sit in a game just spamming I'm selling something sry to say the game became 10x worse from this now there's no reword for running any map at all disappointing

The nerf was needed but they nerfed it by 50-75%. The boss is dropping 16,000 gold for someone with 925gl. To earn gold with gold loot required time and effort because you are actually PLAYING the game. I don't understand why you would want to punish people that actually put time into your game, rather than sit in expedition and buy and sell (merch) items to earn gold to buy vanities and rinse and repeat.

Oh well.

Ign Kinnq

Zinofpride
01-20-2023, 08:19 PM
Lowkey after this pointless nerf made me want to stop playing all together the gold loot wad fine as it was if felt rewarding you make more gold loot you get more gold still had to farm allot to get the stuff you need but it was doable now it feels like theres noting to do in the game at all I hope they fix it to what it was because I honesly dont feel like I'll be playing this game much longer now its boring and pointless

hulsi3922
01-20-2023, 08:40 PM
my friend has a big gold loot 915/925 and he only got 9-19k gold from zodias elite bosses. this makes me uncomfortable with him even though my gold loot is lower but getting more gold than him.

Fahtsssss
01-20-2023, 09:17 PM
Idk where you think the nerf was needed people don't have noting to really do in late game besides farming gold your going to sit there and say its a good idea to make the only thing keeping rhe game rewarding nerf it to where people will stop doing it all together I feel like quitting because in all honesty the game has noting good going for it PvP is boring you have to be rich out the world to have some type of fun now the only thing left to do is sit in a base and spam merch I don't want to sit in a game just spamming I'm selling something sry to say the game became 10x worse from this now there's no reword for running any map at all disappointing

The nerf was needed because Elite Sunken was a 24/7 map where we could run to get gold and in the past we've always had maps like "Deep Marsh" or "Elite Valley Gates" that opened after you filled up a completion bar. The amount of NERF that they input into the game was excessive. They should've maybe did 25% less gold, but instead they literally cut it by 50%. That's the part I didn't like.

mamaubear
01-20-2023, 09:50 PM
bro, its arcane item era you don't need 4 map zodias. you all needs is 4 elite portal zodias and don't know when they are open. lol

Random-merchant
01-20-2023, 09:57 PM
Welp that's sts for you, they won't buff esunk exactly. But for now u can farm gold in 4the area, about 40k for someone with 400% gl (me). Hope they do something else to compensate tho ngl

Sent from my SM-A107F using Tapatalk

Selinntc
01-20-2023, 10:33 PM
GL are not useless the nerf isn't even that big and now you can run 3rd & 4th maps more efficientlyLets begin, so basically everyone who has+ than 1k gl...
I have 1150rn, and main Boss is dropping around 13-24k... So If its not that big nerf, idk what is big for you...
My drop went from 82-85k Max Boss, to 20k...
So, lets Farm jewels! It Will be better than playing 1 hour for 2m or less.
Lets remmember the investment on gl, to reach 1150+... Probably most of players dont know, but its expansive... So, expansive to Farm less than i paid, now to pay my waste on gl, Will take me a year or more farming...

Enviado de meu Lenovo L70081 usando o Tapatalk

Selinntc
01-20-2023, 10:36 PM
The nerf was needed because Elite Sunken was a 24/7 map where we could run to get gold and in the past we've always had maps like "Deep Marsh" or "Elite Valley Gates" that opened after you filled up a completion bar. The amount of NERF that they input into the game was excessive. They should've maybe did 25% less gold, but instead they literally cut it by 50%. That's the part I didn't like.If It was 50% fahtss...
Its literally 75% CUT...
From 85k Boss to 13k...
Thats a joke, ikr nerf was needed cuz 24/7, but thats not a nerf, thats literally killing the map...
So for Ppl that told "Go to the last map" its like 2 minutes playing on a map that If u blink u die... And on esunken the usual time was 25-30secs playing ...
From 8-10m/hour to 2m/hour...

Zinofpride
01-20-2023, 10:39 PM
The nerf was needed because Elite Sunken was a 24/7 map where we could run to get gold and in the past we've always had maps like "Deep Marsh" or "Elite Valley Gates" that opened after you filled up a completion bar. The amount of NERF that they input into the game was excessive. They should've maybe did 25% less gold, but instead they literally cut it by 50%. That's the part I didn't like.

But why would you like a to revive less gold for doing the same thing its a 24/7 map yes but you still had to grind whats the point of not having a good way to farm allot of gold fast i dont find the fun in running the same map 24/7 but we all did it because at least it was a good reason to play the game now it just feels like theres noting to do late game besides merch witch its not a even a game mode I ran for gold because it was a way to actually play the game and even with 500% gold loot I felt the drop rate was low and everything is very expensive I ran allot and still found it hard go save up 10m so it kept me playing but now there's no real reason to play everything is over priced and the only way i would make gold and play the game got nerf to being useless

snakeeyes
01-20-2023, 11:07 PM
4rth map 14k drop from boss for 10 deaths lol we need aps every 10k deaths to make it worth

Fahtsssss
01-20-2023, 11:57 PM
If It was 50% fahtss...
Its literally 75% CUT...
From 85k Boss to 13k...
Thats a joke, ikr nerf was needed cuz 24/7, but thats not a nerf, thats literally killing the map...
So for Ppl that told "Go to the last map" its like 2 minutes playing on a map that If u blink u die... And on esunken the usual time was 25-30secs playing ...
From 8-10m/hour to 2m/hour...

I only said 50% because alot of ppl used to get 100k average on run and now its 50k average but yea it feels like 75%

Fahtsssss
01-21-2023, 12:32 AM
But why would you like a to revive less gold for doing the same thing its a 24/7 map yes but you still had to grind whats the point of not having a good way to farm allot of gold fast i dont find the fun in running the same map 24/7 but we all did it because at least it was a good reason to play the game now it just feels like theres noting to do late game besides merch witch its not a even a game mode I ran for gold because it was a way to actually play the game and even with 500% gold loot I felt the drop rate was low and everything is very expensive I ran allot and still found it hard go save up 10m so it kept me playing but now there's no real reason to play everything is over priced and the only way i would make gold and play the game got nerf to being useless

yea I feel you bro. These nerfs dont make sense

Zinofpride
01-21-2023, 01:17 AM
yea I feel you bro. These nerfs dont make sense

It jusg bothers me how they are just ignoring. Change nobody wanted they not caring about they players if seems that they will never learn i played star legends snd quit do to the devs never updating the game anymore and making the market impossible to even try to make money is almost like they want this game to die just like star legends pocket legends and dark legends its disappointing af just when I started to make real gold after getting 500% gold loot they decide to do this what a joke I'm not even in the mood to play the game anymore because theres noting to do and that sitting round and merching stuff is played out did that for years in star legends not down to do it again hope they make gold loot some what okay id be happy making 30k per boss kill anything lower then that is too time consuming

reyesmhadel12
01-21-2023, 02:13 AM

Oh well.

Ign KinnqSame gl sometimes u get 8k from main boss.

Ign: xmep

Sent from my V2061 using Tapatalk

Fahtsssss
01-21-2023, 03:41 AM
It jusg bothers me how they are just ignoring. Change nobody wanted they not caring about they players if seems that they will never learn i played star legends snd quit do to the devs never updating the game anymore and making the market impossible to even try to make money is almost like they want this game to die just like star legends pocket legends and dark legends its disappointing af just when I started to make real gold after getting 500% gold loot they decide to do this what a joke I'm not even in the mood to play the game anymore because theres noting to do and that sitting round and merching stuff is played out did that for years in star legends not down to do it again hope they make gold loot some what okay id be happy making 30k per boss kill anything lower then that is too time consuming

Yea I feel like they really screwed over the people that can't really do portal bosses, so they go to esunk to farm gold, and now esunk is making them 1m in 1hr because they dont have a good party. So its just screwed at this point.

Tankylikehulk
01-21-2023, 04:24 AM
The prob is that some ppl already farmed 1b gold aps and some started for this new season also, it makes it really unfair for some ppl that are busy rn and was planning to run gold aps later since we have 3 months... Now they have really big advantage compared to us... Just remove gold aps then to make it fair or balance gold loot.

hulsi3922
01-21-2023, 07:49 AM
For the problem of this update, my friend and I tried the second zodias map, namely Newland, there as long as we collect mobs and mini bosses continuously in one location, the result of completing this map once is quite large, ranging from 95-130k (800gl+), it can be a little more than before updates that result before the max update is 120k. the weakness of this map may not be friendly for new players, it is required that one of the parties has an aegis kraken or an op to clear mobs and the minimum movement speed is 3x so you don't get left behind or stay there too long.

Corviss the Lich
01-21-2023, 08:21 AM
I used to enjoy farming with GL from the past expansions that includes ESG, DM & EVG. Eventually got tired and didn't find it interesting lately, so it doesn't affect how I play the game overall.

My point is, after the "nerf" the goldloot wasn't useless after running some tests and reading some replies, as Cinco pointed out, gold was moved on higher dungeons so Newland Star or higher dungeons drops even more gold but I'm not sure if it's higher than before, so this thread was a result of over reaction. You just move on to another map that's it, your mind is so focused on just 1 map, acting like a damn robot.

sky10788
01-21-2023, 09:44 AM
I used to enjoy farming with GL from the past expansions that includes ESG, DM & EVG. Eventually got tired and didn't find it interesting lately, so it doesn't affect how I play the game overall.

My point is, after the "nerf" the goldloot wasn't useless after running some tests and reading some replies, as Cinco pointed out, gold was moved on higher dungeons so Newland Star or higher dungeons drops even more gold but I'm not sure if it's higher than before, so this thread was a result of over reaction. You just move on to another map that's it, your mind is so focused on just 1 map, acting like a damn robot.

I've been running e-newland ever since krak item was released. 990GL gives me 110-120k in one run. Rn i only get 40-50k per run :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiiwawa
01-21-2023, 10:28 AM

Oh well.

Ign Kinnq

Lets not hate on the Buy, sell, trade peeps. I do alot of that myself. I figured out years ago i could make way more doing that than running my self silly trying to loot it. I still enjoy running I just dont treat it like a job. We put time in the game like everyone else, we just play it from a different angle.

much love.
chiiWaWa...

Selinntc
01-21-2023, 11:48 AM
@Cinco @asommers
According to the comunity, do you guys think about giving the gl back to esunken, and maps? Cuz even the portals got nerfed, and there is a lot of ppl that invested bilions in gl, and now its like killing those peoples with those low drops...
As a comunity we're asking for gl drops back, i Hope your answer comes! Thanks
-Poet

Cinco
01-21-2023, 11:59 AM
@Cinco @asommers
According to the comunity, do you guys think about giving the gl back to esunken, and maps? Cuz even the portals got nerfed, and there is a lot of ppl that invested bilions in gl, and now its like killing those peoples with those low drops...
-Poet

Gold loot adjustments are often necessary and they are never popular. The reaction has been as outrageous as ever but the actual nerf itself is not that huge (please read some of the more considered comments from your fellow players to see what I mean). Furthermore, we migrated a lot of gold to minions instead of just cutting it out of the maps entirely. The original plan was just to nerf but it felt better to give players a choice with respect to farming minions for additional gold vs. just running Zodias minis and bosses.

Reducing the gold inflow is something that had to be done to help combat AL's runaway inflation. Note: we considered the handful of 'gold sink' community suggestions and found them largely to be 'one and done' type measures that would have little (to no) impact on the game's economic state. We have several gold sinks in the works right now and they're bound to be unpopular because they're actual gold sinks; but these measures would be useless if the gold loot in the easiest Zodias maps remained super high.

The gold loot changes affect everyone who runs. Gold Loot Awakes affect those who have them. So, if you have bad gl you'll be much worse off than someone with good gl. In fact, I think it's arguable that having good gl awakes now is even more important than before because of the changes to Zodias gold loot.

Cinco
01-21-2023, 12:00 PM
@Cinco @asommers
-Poet

Oh - another thing: without changes to Zodias gold drops we'd be unable to bring back any of the 'good gold loot' events. Events with good gold would need to be nerfed and players would choose instead to run the over-generous first Zodias map... and that's not ideal :-)

Selinntc
01-21-2023, 12:11 PM
Oh - another thing: without changes to Zodias gold drops we'd be unable to bring back any of the 'good gold loot' events. Events with good gold would need to be nerfed and players would choose instead to run the over-generous first Zodias map... and that's not ideal :-)Got It, so after those nerfs, are there any chance to carnivall event back this year?
If any positive answer about that, i think lot of players that quited should back and still playing even with nerf.
Btw i know It was necessary, cuz 24/7, open map made the inflaction really high.
Thanks for answering cinco
-poet

Cinco
01-21-2023, 12:16 PM
Got It, so after those nerfs, are there any chance to carnivall event back this year?
If any positive answer about that, i think lot of players that quited should back and still playing even with nerf.
Btw i know It was necessary, cuz 24/7, open map made the inflaction really high.
Thanks for answering cinco
-poet

Carnaval is awesome but it hits right around the same time as Lovecrafting, and I think that players would really enjoy a bigger effort put into Lovecrafting vanities and (especially) crafts... since the crafts last year were pretty disappointing. So we probably won't do Carnaval.

That said, the mechanics that we enjoyed from Carnaval event zone were all wrapped up in the fixed min/max gold and the big number of minions that you could chew through to score lots of loot. I think that this sort of event mechanism could be applied to something else a bit later in the year. Hopefully I'll have more info about that soon!

Best wishes!

Synergia
01-21-2023, 12:30 PM
@Cinco
Everything make sense, maby except from the gold fro minions
But please tell me that Elite Rahabkor / Ekenta & EZG is not changed?

These maps are not open most of the time, we gonna need some places to farm gold
more effectivly once or twice a week

Cinco
01-21-2023, 12:36 PM
@Cinco
Everything make sense,
But please tell me that elite rahabkor / Ekenta & EZG is not changed?

Portal boss gold loot were affected by this change.

We're considering reverting some portion (or all) of the Rahabkor, Ekenta, Mecharydon and EZG gold loot nerfs since the maps are periodic.

Selinntc
01-21-2023, 12:52 PM

We're considering reverting some portion (or all) of the Rahabkor, Ekenta, Mecharydon and EZG gold loot nerfs since the maps are periodic.Please do that cinco! That Will be really cool for Ppl who wasted bilions on gl...
Revert It ALL, cuz its periodic and take some time to open like evg, dm and old maps... The best age of arcanes legends so Far....

PatD
01-21-2023, 12:55 PM
Gold loot adjustments are often necessary and they are never popular. The reaction has been as outrageous as ever but the actual nerf itself is not that huge (please read some of the more considered comments from your fellow players to see what I mean). Furthermore, we migrated a lot of gold to minions instead of just cutting it out of the maps entirely. The original plan was just to nerf but it felt better to give players a choice with respect to farming minions for additional gold vs. just running Zodias minis and bosses.

Reducing the gold inflow is something that had to be done to help combat AL's runaway inflation. Note: we considered the handful of 'gold sink' community suggestions and found them largely to be 'one and done' type measures that would have little (to no) impact on the game's economic state. We have several gold sinks in the works right now and they're bound to be unpopular because they're actual gold sinks; but these measures would be useless if the gold loot in the easiest Zodias maps remained super high.

The gold loot changes affect everyone who runs. Gold Loot Awakes affect those who have them. So, if you have bad gl you'll be much worse off than someone with good gl. In fact, I think it's arguable that having good gl awakes now is even more important than before because of the changes to Zodias gold loot.

Migrate the gold to minion is the huge problem in this, instead just make the boss appear when all minions dead or a very high percentage, cuz rn by doing this you completely defeat the purpose of having loadout, hotbar and op set to run and gl set to loot gold, please rethink the way you did this!

Best Wishes!

Cinco
01-21-2023, 01:04 PM
Migrate the gold to minion is the huge problem in this, instead just make the boss appear when all minions dead or a very high percentage, cuz rn by doing this you completely defeat the purpose of having loadout, hotbar and op set to run and gl set to loot gold, please rethink the way you did this!

Best Wishes!

That's cool.

I felt that the original nerf to bosses and miniboss gold loot was a bit harsh so I wanted to migrate a lot of the gold to minions so that players have a choice. You have made it clear that this choice is too burdensome... so it makes the most sense to strip the minions of this 'migrated' gold so you don't have to worry about the constant switching. This does make sense and I'll put it on my list to address next week.

Making players clear all the minions without getting additional gold benefits just to spawn the boss was an obvious consideration - and I skipped it because it felt like a punitive move on top of what would surely be an unpopular (but necessary) measure.

Thanks for your constructive feedback as always! Look for details on these changes and Zodias portal boss gold buffs next week.

snakeeyes
01-21-2023, 01:29 PM
That's cool.

I felt that the original nerf to bosses and miniboss gold loot was a bit harsh so I wanted to migrate a lot of the gold to minions so that players have a choice. You have made it clear that this choice is too burdensome... so it makes the most sense to strip the minions of this 'migrated' gold so you don't have to worry about the constant switching. This does make sense and I'll put it on my list to address next week.

Making players clear all the minions without getting additional gold benefits just to spawn the boss was an obvious consideration - and I skipped it because it felt like a punitive move on top of what would surely be an unpopular (but necessary) measure.

Thanks for your constructive feedback as always! Look for details on these changes and Zodias portal boss gold buffs next week.

Thanks cinco for portal gl buffs thats great

Fahtsssss
01-21-2023, 02:25 PM

No.. what you dont seem to understand is that even with clearing the whole map with these mobs you claim to "be dropping gold" I still didnt receive a lot of gold. The mobs maybe dropped 1k in a whole swarm of them. If the mobs maybe dropped more gold after we killed them then maybe it would be better but right now this new change u implemented doesnt even work!

Corviss the Lich
01-21-2023, 04:02 PM
Nvm this.......

Cinco
01-21-2023, 05:09 PM
No.. what you dont seem to understand is that even with clearing the whole map with these mobs you claim to "be dropping gold" I still didnt receive a lot of gold. The mobs maybe dropped 1k in a whole swarm of them. If the mobs maybe dropped more gold after we killed them then maybe it would be better but right now this new change u implemented doesnt even work!

It works just fine.

How do you feel about putting all of the gold in the chests at the end of the map? Basically - it'll be zero gold 'til you kill the final boss then you open the treasure chests and get the (adjusted) gold?

Thanks in advance.

Fahtsssss
01-21-2023, 05:43 PM
It works just fine.

How do you feel about putting all of the gold in the chests at the end of the map? Basically - it'll be zero gold 'til you kill the final boss then you open the treasure chests and get the (adjusted) gold?

Thanks in advance.

To be honest, I think I would like that idea but do chests scale with gold loot? Max I've got from a chest was like 7,000 gold so if it was able to scale then yea. I would like this idea because then we would just rush boss and then kill and equip gold loot to open chests instead of switching gl in the middle of zodias then dying because gold sets really don't have great stats :)

Cinco
01-21-2023, 05:50 PM
To be honest, I think I would like that idea but do chests scale with gold loot? Max I've got from a chest was like 7,000 gold so if it was able to scale then yea. I would like this idea because then we would just rush boss and then kill and equip gold loot to open chests instead of switching gl in the middle of zodias then dying because gold sets really don't have great stats :)

Yeah - the gold you get from usable chests at the end of a Zodias map would be affected by gold loot.

championboost
01-21-2023, 05:53 PM

We're considering reverting some portion (or all) of the Rahabkor, Ekenta, Mecharydon and EZG gold loot nerfs since the maps are periodic.

please do this

Synergia
01-21-2023, 05:57 PM
Yeah - the gold you get from usable chests at the end of a Zodias map would be affected by gold loot.

Cinco that would be honestly great.
Less stress by switching in the right time, +1.

Encryptions
01-21-2023, 05:59 PM

Can we be given the base drops of the bosses x - y? X - y as in lowest drop to highest drop before any factors such as gold loot takes place.

Cinco
01-21-2023, 06:07 PM
Can we be given the base drops of the bosses x - y? X - y as in lowest drop to highest drop before any factors such as gold loot takes place.

Providing figures on the min / max for monsters that have a chance to drop (meaning: a chance to drop nothing) seems overly complex - but I'll plan to post the min / max base figures for the 'end of level' chest experiment we're talking about when the update is ready to release.

If I forget, remind me :-)

Xuds
01-21-2023, 06:23 PM
Yeah - the gold you get from usable chests at the end of a Zodias map would be affected by gold loot.This would be nice

Sent from my DE2118 using Tapatalk

Encryptions
01-21-2023, 07:06 PM
Providing figures on the min / max for monsters that have a chance to drop (meaning: a chance to drop nothing) seems overly complex - but I'll plan to post the min / max base figures for the 'end of level' chest experiment we're talking about when the update is ready to release.

If I forget, remind me :-)

Ty, btw the values are so we know our maximum and minimum drops with x gold loot. People can't say pets decrease gold loot.

HeartBreaker
01-21-2023, 07:31 PM
It works just fine.

Thanks in advance.Yea better put the gold on the chest on end map rather than hard switching gl set on minions[emoji108]

Cinco
01-21-2023, 08:35 PM
Yea better put the gold on the chest on end map rather than hard switching gl set on minions[emoji108]

End chests will mean leeching - players doing nothing to get loot at the end.

This will have to be addressed before we do it.

Thoughts?

Synergia
01-21-2023, 08:43 PM

Thoughts?

You can make chests spawn after boss the same way it works in rahabkor, chests show up after boss is dead

Cinco
01-21-2023, 08:47 PM
You can make chests spawn after boss the same way it works in rahabkor, chests show up after boss is dead

Leeching happens there too though.

Fahtsssss
01-21-2023, 08:48 PM

Thoughts?

To be honest, when I run elite sunk there's already like 2 low geared players because it's a random run so I dont mind leeches. It just makes the run a little longer because of the proc cool down but leeches in elite sunk don't bother me, if leeches become a problem, u can just make a party :)

Cinco
01-21-2023, 08:49 PM
To be honest, when I run elite sunk there's already like 2 low geared players because it's a random run so I dont mind leeches. It just makes the run a little longer because of the proc cool down but leeches in elite sunk don't bother me, if leeches become a problem, u can just make a party :)

A party of alts that get all the gold at the end would also be an annoyance :-)

Fahtsssss
01-21-2023, 09:18 PM

Hmm now that would be kinda wild but I can see how people can exploit this.. mmm... to be honest though it would take a lot of time to clear the map with 1 character then have 3 alts run to boss then go back to ur main character kill the boss and then move 3 alts to collect gold hahaha, so much work.. for not that much profit

Xuds
01-21-2023, 09:19 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkOr make chests spawn after every room after killing x amount of mobs or you have to be near it for it to drop you gold

Cinco
01-21-2023, 09:22 PM
Hmm now that would be kinda wild but I can see how people can exploit this.. mmm... to be honest though it would take a lot of time to clear the map with 1 character then have 3 alts run to boss then go back to ur main character kill the boss and then move 3 alts to collect gold hahaha, so much work.. for not that much profit

It’s actually a rather common practice / exploit. Furthermore given what I see in the game (in terms of how people play) it would only take a minute or so with the right gear and it would be a huge payout for one person via the alts.

This will be a big obstacle for the proposed method.

Cinco
01-21-2023, 09:22 PM
Or make chests spawn after every room after killing x amount of mobs or you have to be near it for it to drop you gold

Doesn’t address the exploit though.

Mitsooos
01-21-2023, 09:44 PM
This happened multiple times in past it's not something new and maybe is a better for playing zodias maps.
adapt and continue Playing .

Cinco
01-21-2023, 09:53 PM
Ty, btw the values are so we know our maximum and minimum drops with x gold loot. People can't say pets decrease gold loot.

Pretty sure players know that pet gold loot bonuses don’t decrease gold - and if they’re still saying that now (post Carnaval, etc) then you know they’re being disingenuous and likely trying to manipulate a trade.

We’ve hit some big obstacles with the “all gold in the final chests” thing in terms of inevitable leeching and alt-party exploits… so this approach will have to be reevaluated in depth.

In the immediate term if you want to skip minions you can. If you don’t want to switch between sets, you don’t have to. It’s a choice.

Portal boss gold loot will still be looked at though. And I’ve gotten PMs from players who are not at all happy with the general idea of zeroing out the minion gold drops - so I’m going to consider their points of view as well before making a final decision.

Fahtsssss
01-21-2023, 09:54 PM
It’s actually a rather common practice / exploit. Furthermore given what I see in the game (in terms of how people play) it would only take a minute or so with the right gear and it would be a huge payout for one person via the alts.

This will be a big obstacle for the proposed method.

How about you keep the same minimum/maximum % as it is in esunk right now and just make it so the maximum is more frequent than the minimum? so if the occasional 8-16k isn't as frequent as the 30-50k. Idk ;_; must be hard being a dev lol

imfeared
01-21-2023, 09:56 PM
Put all gold chests at end of map. Address the exploit by making the portals after mini boss auto teleport you. You have to use all portals to enter final boss area. Might make it too time consuming to move multiple toons around for the exploit. Only concern would be players without SS I suppose, but they would actually get around the map faster then before.

Fahtsssss
01-21-2023, 09:58 PM
Put all gold chests at end of map. Address the exploit by making the portals after mini boss auto teleport you. You have to use all portals to enter final boss area. Might make it too time consuming to move multiple toons around for the exploit. Only concern would be players without SS I suppose, but they would actually get around the map faster then before.

Mmm actually like this idea since the portal at the end teleports u to the middle and also it would motivate players to clear mobs so they can actually teleport

Cinco
01-21-2023, 09:59 PM
How about you keep the same minimum/maximum % as it is in esunk right now and just make it so the maximum is more frequent than the minimum? so if the occasional 8-16k isn't as frequent as the 30-50k. Idk ;_; must be hard being a dev lol

Being a developer of your own original game is literally the best job in the world. Always has been. Always will be :-))

Cinco
01-21-2023, 10:00 PM

It’s not actually better than just having the gold drop from monsters and having that gold be affected by gold loot - so I’m afraid it’s a no to this.

Encryptions
01-21-2023, 10:16 PM
We’ve hit some big obstacles with the “all gold in the final chests” thing in terms of inevitable leeching and alt-party exploits… so this approach will have to be reevaluated in depth.

Players who are not at the boss will not have the chests spawn for them. Chests can be even better, they can spawn as entities that can't moved attacked or stunned. Players must be in a radius from where the boss dies for them to spawn on their screen and the chests auto open 5 seconds after the boss is defeated.
People may still use alts but this makes it more difficult for them and makes them lose ankhs. They have to kill mobs + boss as their alts afk taking dmg from enemies.

Leeching will always happen, I am fine with people leeching in maps if they are new and I have atleast 1 team mate who can help me nuke bosses. A way to sort of fix leeching is to make it where if you are behind the portal wall in the zodias portals then the boss and chests will drop 0 gold for you.

Cinco
01-21-2023, 10:21 PM
Players who are not at the boss will not have the chests spawn for them. Chests can be even better, they can spawn as entities that can't moved attacked or stunned. Players must be in a radius for them to spawn on their screen and the chests auto open 5 seconds after the boss is defeated.
People may still use alts but this makes it more difficult for them and makes them lose ankhs.

Leeching will always happen, I am fine with people leeching in maps if they are new and I have atleast 1 team mate who can help me nuke bosses. A way to sort of fix leeching is to make it where if you are behind the portal wall in the zodias portals then the boss and chests will drop 0 gold for you.

Leeching is a concern and it will become a bigger concern with this change - making end chests inferior to how it works now.

Alt parties will become the dominant mode of playing this content because it’ll be way more efficient than running any other way.

Both of these are big obstacles. Both issues make the end chest method inferior to the direct gold method.

Encryptions
01-21-2023, 10:36 PM
Leeching is a concern and it will become a bigger concern with this change - making end chests inferior to how it works now.

Alt parties will become the dominant mode of playing this content because it’ll be way more efficient than running any other way.

Both of these are big obstacles. Both issues make the end chest method inferior to the direct gold method.

With leeching you could do a /mapkick (Ign) addition to the game where people can vote kick people out of the map. /mk (Name) /mk 1 for yes 2 for no. I do see potential problems with this though such as trolls. A very helpful thing would be to add a new social list named (Map Block) and people can put igns in that list to block those people from joining their maps pve and event maps only. Towns are not affected. People would simply block all leeches from joining, but this hurts new players since most will block new players.
With ALT parties I don't think there is a way to stop it, almost every mmo game has alt parties because of the loot multiplier, dungeon defenders 2 I do alt parties on even tbh because its such a major benefit. AL I can't see a major benefit since you have to buy the gears, level the characters, 1 by 1 move the characters to the end etc. Just too much work, dungeon defenders 2 I load up 4 accounts on 4 different computers and use my main to do the map as all 4 afk and get the loot at the end.

Cinco
01-21-2023, 10:45 PM
With leeching you could do a /mapkick (Ign) addition to the game where people can vote kick people out of the map. /mk (Name) /mk 1 for yes 2 for no. I do see potential problems with this though such as trolls. A very helpful thing would be to add a new social list named (Map Block) and people can put igns in that list to block those people from joining their maps pve and event maps only. Towns are not affected. People would simply block all leeches from joining, but this hurts new players since most will block new players.
With ALT parties I don't think there is a way to stop it, almost every mmo game has alt parties because of the loot multiplier, dungeon defenders 2 I do alt parties on even tbh because its such a major benefit. AL I can't see a major benefit since you have to buy the gears, level the characters, 1 by 1 move the characters to the end etc. Just too much work, dungeon defenders 2 I load up 4 accounts on 4 different computers and use my main to do the map as all 4 afk and get the loot at the end.

That’s a rabbit hole of complexity that’s entirely unnecessary when the current system works (re: leeching) - so it remains an obstacle.

Alt party only needs one well geared toon to down the mini bosses so the y geared can sweep up gold at the end - so it’s still a big issue. Though you (and others) won’t hear about it, I’ll hear about it from angry players and they’ll be super annoyed… all because we made this proposed change.

Advocacies
01-22-2023, 12:07 AM
That’s a rabbit hole of complexity that’s entirely unnecessary when the current system works (re: leeching) - so it remains an obstacle.

Alt party only needs one well geared toon to down the mini bosses so the y geared can sweep up gold at the end - so it’s still a big issue. Though you (and others) won’t hear about it, I’ll hear about it from angry players and they’ll be super annoyed… all because we made this proposed change.

By any chance have indicator which mob drops gold similar to mauso treasure room golden skeleton drops gold wud be nice maybe like 1-2 skeleton per room or even non rng

Mr.Loucks
01-22-2023, 12:40 AM
If leeching is such a big concern whats stopping OP players from leeching now?
Full kraken can carry 3 alts through mobs and mini's now with alts having gl sets on
Reguardless if the gold is in the final room or not whats stopping this now?
Plus to leech you would be taking a long time to move toons across the map for each room
But if in a decent pt youll be clearing and remaping in under 1min like before
Im sure the people that can solo portal bosses would be a much more effective leech tbh
So if killing mobs was such a big deal why setup maps so rooms unlock from killin mini bosses?
Set it so rooms unlock from clearing mobs & mini bosses to spawn bosses like before zodias
Or as suggested put timers on chest in each room so when cleared you have x-amount of time to swap to gl
This is effecting majority of your community, who just invested in pre patch gl farming

kulldeepboro
01-22-2023, 01:27 AM
Do Whatever you guys need to do regarding gold loot @Cinco

just bring back e sunken till that time .

every bad event = more players leaving the game

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Amunrax
01-22-2023, 01:40 AM
im thinking that the gold now is a problem why not adding another currency?
[gold <- ??? -> <- plat] (can be converted)
then make gold not superior and have limitations to where can only spend it, and then the new currency is not easy to obtain as gold.. so those 3 currency have different ways on how it will works.. also new currency make it bound like u can only spend it in npc vendor, items from vendor need to be bound too, idk how it works but up to you devs, i think we need new currency.

TBH THE BEST THING IN THIS GAMES IS ->PLAYER TO PLAYER TRADES<- ALSO THAT'S IS THE WORST PROBLEM HERE, MAKE THIS GAME MARKET TRADE ONLY THEN MAKE ITEMS TO BE BOUND ONCE ITS USED. AND HAVE AUTOMATICALLY SET PRICE FOR THE ITEMS MINUMUM TO MAXIMUM DEPENDS ON SUPPLY AND DEMAND LIKE IN THE OTHER GAMES.

Yoloswagx
01-22-2023, 02:30 AM
How abt we keep the same concept, gold drop from mini and bosses but jus reduce the drop by maybe 30% but buff portal by a lot since it only open once in a while, not to mention u need people to farm esf to open the portal.

Nerf esf by 30% or 20% but keep the same concept, no more minion gold jus bosses, the new concept is killing endgame farm

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Nexior
01-22-2023, 05:40 AM
What about keep gold loot same like it was and just buff main boss hp x5

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I005DA przy użyciu Tapatalka

Mitsooos
01-22-2023, 06:06 AM
Just give a positive boost on gl to those killing mobs in this map.
And a -negative boost to overall gl to those skip them , like the counting thing of killing mobs on festerfang or mogera.
This will give more motivation.

AgentStonoga
01-22-2023, 06:18 AM
Nerfing gold drop by 50% was simpler

Gufugufutwo
01-22-2023, 09:37 AM
now everyone will farms jewels and jewel price will go down wahoo!

Avaree
01-22-2023, 10:29 AM
What I have seen during the zodias expansion is many running rahab normal mostly bc it’s a fast map to loot gold, (or was) I was often told by many they made more gold in normal rahab per hour than elite rahab, before kraken weaps released.
Elite sunken was second when rahab was closed.

The gates in zodias maps are amazing but, feel the gates should not open until all players are at the gates bc players with op speed sets, ignore mobs, rush to kill mini boss and pop gold chests before mass mobs arrive, while slow pokes miss the gold drops, can’t use portal bc mass
mobs, so they have to slowly run back to the next leg of map. Also with kraken weaps, those who don’t have over average ms, can miss boss too.

For me, it don’t matter. I’m capable of solo, and generally duo elite sunken maps.

As far as gold chests at the end of elite zodias maps, and how to curb the exploit of using gold faming alts, as long as AL players need gold to obtain gears in order to farm or buy items will always be an issue. Guess a better system of tracking gold from player A to player B, maybe even C,D, and E, and how those players got their gold could be implemented?

PatD
01-22-2023, 10:32 AM
Pretty sure players know that pet gold loot bonuses don’t decrease gold - and if they’re still saying that now (post Carnaval, etc) then you know they’re being disingenuous and likely trying to manipulate a trade.

In the immediate term if you want to skip minions you can. If you don’t want to switch between sets, you don’t have to. It’s a choice.

Portal boss gold loot will still be looked at though. And I’ve gotten PMs from players who are not at all happy with the general idea of zeroing out the minion gold drops - so I’m going to consider their points of view as well before making a final decision.

And the ppl with gl set with weak stats following someone who have invested hundred of millions into high stat set are not leecher?? This is what it does making mobs dropping gold and yes it is way more satisfying running map with high stats and only switch to gl once u done with map, maybe make this casino thrill kind of system only in regular map but make the chest at the end only in elite map?

snakeeyes
01-22-2023, 10:53 AM
It is imposible to leech on elite sunken because its a long run maps, leeching gl start at bog goldloot and evg when the war is the only killing mobs and boss including spidersand the other looting only, meybe on normal rahab they leech but in elite rahab you need strategy there theres no reason to leech there.

Cinco
01-22-2023, 11:24 AM
And the ppl with gl set with weak stats following someone who have invested hundred of millions into high stat set are not leecher?? This is what it does making mobs dropping gold and yes it is way more satisfying running map with high stats and only switch to gl once u done with map, maybe make this casino thrill kind of system only in regular map but make the chest at the end only in elite map?

Minions always dropped gold.

I've explained why we aren't going to be putting all of the gold in the post-boss chests.

Best wishes!

Sulphurea
01-22-2023, 02:11 PM
Carnaval is awesome but it hits right around the same time as Lovecrafting, and I think that players would really enjoy a bigger effort put into Lovecrafting vanities and (especially) crafts... since the crafts last year were pretty disappointing. So we probably won't do Carnaval.

That said, the mechanics that we enjoyed from Carnaval event zone were all wrapped up in the fixed min/max gold and the big number of minions that you could chew through to score lots of loot. I think that this sort of event mechanism could be applied to something else a bit later in the year. Hopefully I'll have more info about that soon!

Best wishes!Lmao, with all respect... I think you can't be more wrong than that lmao people would gladly use Love event as chickens food if instead we could get 2 weeks of Carnaval event. From one side: tons of recolored vanities and pets that will 100% be disappointing. Other side: pure healthy gold farming where you get rewarded for as much effort as you put into runs.
This nerf would have not been necessary if you just make portals open every couple of days like should have always supposed to be. You guys made the "economy" like it is right now but players that farmed and invested lot of gold are the one being punished for your mistakes. And me i'm not even much affected cause i always hated running esunk so yk. To not mention how long gonna take us now to see 1b ap completed. This game every day more is becoming only a source of money where the love you guys are supposed to put in it is not felt by players at all. It's very sad

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

Advocacies
01-22-2023, 02:34 PM
Lmao, with all respect... I think you can't be more wrong than that lmao people would gladly use Love event as chickens food if instead we could get 2 weeks of Carnaval event. From one side: tons of recolored vanities and pets that will 100% be disappointing. Other side: pure healthy gold farming where you get rewarded for as much effort as you put into runs.
This nerf would have not been necessary if you just make portals open every couple of days like should have always supposed to be. You guys made the "economy" like it is right now but players that farmed and invested lot of gold are the one being punished for your mistakes. And me i'm not even much affected cause i always hated running esunk so yk. To not mention how long gonna take us now to see 1b ap completed. This game every day more is becoming only a source of money where the love you guys are supposed to put in it is not felt by players at all. It's very sad

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

It is what it is we player's get punished as always waiting for another winterfest set recolor this year like no effort slap some rainbow color and boom put in store i wonder how many players quit after this patch same here idm the nerf but yeah gotta cope and even portal that opens like twice/once a week still gets nerf for some reason axaxaxax

chiiwawa
01-22-2023, 05:45 PM
My reading disorder is terrible. all ive got out of this thread is:
someone has captured all the minions, sunk their gold and now they need nerfed? 🤨 am i close???

Rangersss
01-22-2023, 11:31 PM
SO to PoTamadr no mas me inactivo una semana y hacen un lío tremendo ,

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 8 mediante Tapatalk

Kakashis
01-23-2023, 01:12 AM
Im not going to sugar coat it, with gold nerfs, goal achieved and prices are coming down drastically for auras and other goodies. Been watching the store like a hawk and no one is buying the new blossoming flower bunnies aura with plat. The demand would be over 100m, but for plat spenders that's not enough nowadays for $100+ spent. Many buyers, no sellers.

Kaziscate
01-23-2023, 01:47 AM

On the topic of Lovecraft, can we expect to see the Tainted and Endless sets get beefed up this year? They used to be one of the main reasons to farm the event and I never see anybody using those sets now.

chiiwawa
01-23-2023, 07:17 AM
Im not going to sugar coat it, with gold nerfs, goal achieved and prices are coming down drastically for auras and other goodies. Been watching the store like a hawk and no one is buying the new blossoming flower bunnies aura with plat. The demand would be over 100m, but for plat spenders that's not enough nowadays for $100+ spent. Many buyers, no sellers.

And the few people that do buy them will get filthy rich off of them in the future because there will not be that many in game. No matter what it looks like.

Oakmaiden
01-23-2023, 08:59 AM
On the topic of Lovecraft, can we expect to see the Tainted and Endless sets get beefed up this year? They used to be one of the main reasons to farm the event and I never see anybody using those sets now.

Let’s hope for an entirely new event and/or different items.

Oakmaiden
01-23-2023, 09:06 AM

Best wishes!

I’m actually very tired of the Love Craft event. It’s a cutthroat map that feels like hatecraft to me. My stash is full of Bun Bun crates nobody wants. Already have 81 Endless from last year. It’s rinse and repeat. Thinks of community letter promising “new”.

drawfflerz
01-23-2023, 10:47 AM
thanks god finally people cant farming gold faster.... i am speechless when i saw some people sell 1bil gold for real currency on facebook continuosly like its too easy to farm it..

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Advocacies
01-23-2023, 11:18 AM
I’m actually very tired of the Love Craft event. It’s a cutthroat map that feels like hatecraft to me. My stash is full of Bun Bun crates nobody wants. Already have 81 Endless from last year. It’s rinse and repeat. Thinks of community letter promising “new”.

Bun bun ang hugthulu or whatever crate is different my guy xd at least the arcane ver of the crate has some value ig shaping stone but yeah very crappy