PDA

View Full Version : New iPhone Announcement! Bring your civil fanboyism!

Pages : [1] 2

RedStapler
09-12-2012, 04:29 PM
This Kotaku article suggests that the iPhone 5 could be the best smart phone for gamers! What do you guys think?

If you're an Android fan, what feature do you think the iPhone 5 should have gotten? Anything you wish the next Android phone would include?

http://kotaku.com/5942688/the-iphone-5-might-be-the-best-smartphone-for-gamers

Zaonabiuibil
09-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Me gusta!

Astrocat
09-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Bueno ! <3

Noodleleg
09-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Ipad ftw... But please... Omg... Fix the user interface >.>!

BodMaster
09-12-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm personally just looking to see how this will stand up against the SGIII. Not to mention a few more beasts on their way from Samsung/HTC.

Quadcore>Dual

1.4 (Oc'd 1.8+ Quadcore, never needed though) > ??? (Will be surprised if its higher than 1.4 tbf)

4.8" > 4" (Who said size doen't matter? (; )

SD and Internal > Internal (Given, never going to change, and yes I know about Cloud etc, but never the same as physical mem)

Overall it surely will be a great gaming device, but best? Knowing other companies make/produce/release many many more phones which can blow iOS specs out of the water on android, along with Ouya soon to be be announced who knows? (; (Will be a fine device, but "Best" i'm very doubtful)

Slant
09-12-2012, 05:14 PM
more excited abt the new ipods

BodMaster
09-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Hmm guess this is more of a "Ftw" thread. (Though only posted an hr ago :p)

One thing you can't doubt iOS about is that retina screen though. (All must be envy :p)

KingFu
09-12-2012, 05:22 PM
It might as well be called what it is. The iPhone 4ss...

Drizzid
09-12-2012, 06:36 PM
$699 for something that probably costs less than $50 to produce. Not to mention the great new features are... The screen is a little bit bigger!! The battery lasts a bit longer!! The cameras a bit better!!

Oh consumerism you are one nasty female dog.

Zeus
09-12-2012, 07:35 PM
$699 for something that probably costs less than $50 to produce. Not to mention the great new features are... The screen is a little bit bigger!! The battery lasts a bit longer!! The cameras a bit better!!

Don't forget the new chip. ;)

United
09-12-2012, 07:47 PM
love my galaxy note for games

saool
09-12-2012, 07:59 PM
lol search for Mondo Media on YouTube. Go to the channel, then look up Steve Jobs Apple parody...should tell you exactly what Apple does lmao...

Edit: here's the name to the video "Steve Jobs: Resurrection (iPhone 5 Parody)"

WoundedEagle
09-12-2012, 08:00 PM
I'm personally just looking to see how this will stand up against the SGIII. Not to mention a few more beasts on their way from Samsung/HTC.

Quadcore>Dual It's got the A6 chip which is insane.

4.8" > 4" (Who said size doen't matter? (; ) Retina dispaly

SD and Internal > Internal (Given, never going to change, and yes I know about Cloud etc, but never the same as physical mem) Comes in 64 gigs.

Overall it surely will be a great gaming device, but best? Knowing other companies make/produce/release many many more phones which can blow iOS specs out of the water on android, along with Ouya soon to be be announced who knows? (; (Will be a fine device, but "Best" i'm very doubtful)

http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare-iphones/

Except it's a huge leap...

KingFu
09-12-2012, 08:24 PM

Except it's a huge leap...

How is it? Same old half-*** "new features" (should be called improvements IMO)....were those leaps too?

Faster processor, every phone that comes out should have a better processor than it's prodecessor, that's a given. Increased screen size, which like I said in the other thread, was predicted. It's about time apple got away from this gross 3.5 inch screen, and 4.0 is still small compared to a lot of phones out there. Slimmer, battery life, etc. All the basic stuff people expected. The camera's the same (they have apps for panorama, so I don't really care about that), they didn't add anything like Siri like the 4s did. Not a "huge leap" in the slightest. More of a predicted way for Apple to try and make more dough through a new product. 4G which was also an expectation, and it only took them 2 years (4G was released January 2010 iirc, could be wrong).

Sure, it's a step forward for Apple, but not "a huge leap" for smartphones in general. Apple used to be revolutionary. I don't wanna start another iOS vs Android debate, or argue whether apple is a futuristic ingenius company that revolutionizes electronics, or an evil company that makes the tiniest upgrades to make you empty your wallet faster than a single man at a strip club. All I'm saying is, it's nothing big, a huge leap to me would be a new iPhone that topples over almost every other phone on paper, not Apple barely catching up to other companies only to fall behind by the time this thing is released. Let's face it, if it didn't have the apple logo on the back, it wouldn't be such a big deal to people.

HunterSLAYER
09-12-2012, 08:54 PM
Droid had 4 inch screen phones two years ago.
Just saying.

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

William To
09-12-2012, 08:56 PM
IPHONE FTW, Better quality apps and more apps built for it

WoundedEagle
09-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Droid had 4 inch screen phones two years ago.
Just saying.

True. I think the concept of Quality > Quantity is relevant in this situation. Sure Android has a ton of new features that never end. But I'd rather have features that work, rather than have an abundance of them. iPhone will still lead with its camera quality and retina display. I am not sure about processing speed though (although it will be nice). I also like Apple's lightning connector. Unlike androids, the charging port won't break so easily.

I also found a nice article on the A6 chip. http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/09/12/a6-uses-arm-cortex-a15/

How is it? Same old half-*** "new features" (should be called improvements IMO)....were those leaps too?

Faster processor, every phone that comes out should have a better processor than it's prodecessor, that's a given. Increased screen size, which like I said in the other thread, was predicted. It's about time apple got away from this gross 3.5 inch screen, and 4.0 is still small compared to a lot of phones out there. Slimmer, battery life, etc. All the basic stuff people expected. The camera's the same (they have apps for panorama, so I don't really care about that), they didn't add anything like Siri like the 4s did. Not a "huge leap" in the slightest. More of a predicted way for Apple to try and make more dough through a new product. 4G which was also an expectation, and it only took them 2 years (4G was released January 2010 iirc, could be wrong).

Sure, it's a step forward for Apple, but not "a huge leap" for smartphones in general. Apple used to be revolutionary. I don't wanna start another iOS vs Android debate, or argue whether apple is a futuristic ingenius company that revolutionizes electronics, or an evil company that makes the tiniest upgrades to make you empty your wallet faster than a single man at a strip club. All I'm saying is, it's nothing big, a huge leap to me would be a new iPhone that topples over almost every other phone on paper, not Apple barely catching up to other companies only to fall behind by the time this thing is released. Let's face it, if it didn't have the apple logo on the back, it wouldn't be such a big deal to people.

I'm just going to leave it at this. I think what everyone is "upset" about is the fact the iPhone 5 didn't have anything we didn't already know about from leaks and such.

KingFu
09-12-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm just going to leave it at this. I think what everyone is "upset" about is the fact the iPhone 5 didn't have anything we didn't already know about from leaks and such.

Not even leaks, it got the basic features people expected of it as an upgrade to the iPhone 4s, and nothing else, which is why I referred to it as the iPhone 4ss, it did nothing but the simplistic improvements. IMO, the 4s was a bigger upgrade than this.

WoundedEagle
09-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Not even leaks, it got the basic features people expected of it as an upgrade to the iPhone 4s, and nothing else, which is why I referred to it as the iPhone 4ss, it did nothing but the simplistic improvements.

Apple is all about simplicity, but I see your point.

BodMaster
09-12-2012, 09:42 PM

And?

Mysticaldream said it best so not going to repeat what he has rightly said. (Okay hard not to with all points made :p)

Basically all my post proved was its an advancement from the 4, but not a "life changing" one.

If a device that was released in June can over power a "Brand" new device to be released in Sept, it doesn't mean much, if it blew us out of the water with further features that "all phones" should have the fair enough. Other companies such as Samsung/HTC (leading atm) will most likely laugh at the "advancement" and wonder what all the fuss was about.

Samsung have the projector version Samsung Galaxy Beam, not the best phone in the world but thats a neat/new thing you could have some fun with all around, especially with mates, watching the sport's etc. That has 1.4 Dualcore, 5.3" screen, 2,000 battery. Sure it has nHD, but still keeps up with the specs of iPhone 5.

If you think about it this won't be upgraded until same time next year or even 2 years if they decide to go the iPhone 5s route.

iPhone 4 = June, 2010
4s = October, 2011
5 = September, 2012

By then other companies will be way ahead once more.

BodMaster
09-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Unlike androids, the charging port won't break so easily.

Why use charging ports when you have a charging plate? (;

HunterSLAYER
09-12-2012, 09:46 PM
True. I think the concept of Quality > Quantity is relevant in this situation. Sure Android has a ton of new features that never end. But I'd rather have features that work, rather than have an abundance of them. iPhone will still lead with its camera quality and retina display. I am not sure about processing speed though (although it will be nice). I also like Apple's lightning connector. Unlike androids, the charging port won't break so easily.

I also found a nice article on the A6 chip. http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/09/12/a6-uses-arm-cortex-a15/

Well..just take a look at the S3, it has great features that actually work- S voice, popup video play,etc. And those features actually work!

If not ppl wouldn't buy them if they knew the features are bugged right?
The S3 is also one of the first phones deemed "Android ui lag-free" as proven by reviewers and normal people who use it daily.

I really don't want a fight in this thread.
So i'll just say that if you want heavy customization and have used Linux before, it will be a pinch to understand how Android works.

If you aren't too tech-savvy and prefer to buy phones that are easy to use with alot of restrictions(without modifying it), the iPhone would definitely be the right choice for you.

I'll get both though- already have an S III(cos' i have to).

Btw did u see the Htc One X's lockscreen? Luv the zoom-in effect when the device is awaken ^_^

*Close to 90% of apps available on the App store are also available on Google's Play Store ^^

KingFu
09-12-2012, 09:50 PM

Wireless charging really is the future, Nokia and Microsoft have already given us a glimpse of it.

BodMaster
09-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Well..just take a look at the S3, it has great features that actually work- S voice, popup video play,etc. And those features actually work!

If not ppl wouldn't buy them if they knew the features are bugged right?
The S3 is also one of the first phones deemed "Android ui lag-free" as proven by reviewers and normal people who use it daily.

I really don't want a fight in this thread.
So i'll just say that if you want heavy customization and have used Linux before, it will be a pinch to understand how Android works.

If you aren't too tech-savvy and prefer to buy phones that are easy to use with alot of restrictions(without modifying it), the iPhone would definitely be the right choice for you.

I'll get both though- already have an S III(cos' i have to).

Btw did u see the Htc One X's lockscreen? Luv the zoom-in effect when the device is awaken ^_^

*Close to 90% of apps available on the App store are also available on Google's Play Store ^^

Though you do make some valid points, this isn't about Droid Vs iOS.

If I was a die hard iOS user, i'd still be disappointed at what has been released after a whole year of development. (2 yrs if not counting 4s)

Zeus
09-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Wireless charging really is the future, Nokia and Microsoft have already given us a glimpse of it.

Palm did too with their Touchstone.

The thing is, wireless charging uses magnets which get REALLY HOT.

Not to mention that charging is a little bit slower as well.

Growwle
09-12-2012, 09:55 PM

If the phone companies were truely innovative, they would build inductive or kinetic charging systems into their phones.

BodMaster
09-12-2012, 09:57 PM

Exactly my point. I'm quite a "fan" of S-Beam too, it works quite relatively well. (Depends who you know with the the feature too I guess)

There were silly apps trying to pull this off many years back but not to this standard.

WoundedEagle
09-12-2012, 09:58 PM

I prefer not spending an extra $150 just to charge my device..

BodMaster
09-12-2012, 10:06 PM
I prefer not spending an extra $150 just to charge my device..

How much? I can get one quite cheap for S3 nowhere near $150. (Yes, officially)

We are talking about "future" right? Charge plate was previously meant to be ready for release of the S3 (Meh could have been a way to make more money). What's to say other companies do the same as a selling point in the very near future?

I agree they can get hot, but this is just the start for this kind of technology. (Not meaning "first" just in general)

KingFu
09-12-2012, 10:08 PM

True, however I don't think all of them use magnets, could be wrong but I've only heard that about the touchstone. I forgot about Palm having that, I hated my Pre Plus so much I never wanted to blow 50 bucks on accessories for it.

thecrankybearsam
09-12-2012, 10:20 PM
All I use is my Ipod 4. Cannot afford a phone at the moment but I would get an Android, they seem interesting

Sent from my Ipod

Zeus
09-12-2012, 10:28 PM
True, however I don't think all of them use magnets, could be wrong but I've only heard that about the touchstone. I forgot about Palm having that, I hated my Pre Plus so much I never wanted to blow 50 bucks on accessories for it.

They have to otherwise I don't think wireless charging is possible, I could be wrong though. :)

CrimsonTider
09-12-2012, 10:41 PM
IPHONE FTW, Better quality apps and more apps built for it

Says who? Apple? Don't believe everything you read. I just bought my wife a New Ipad and myself an ASUS Transformer. All I will say is I am happy with my choice.

KingFu
09-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Says who? Apple? Don't believe everything you read. I just bought my wife a New Ipad and myself an ASUS Transformer. All I will say is I am happy with my choice.

Which transformer? I got the prime TF201 when it came out but returned it because I heard about the prime infinity and wasn't happy about feeling like I spent a grand to become a beta tester, lol. I must say, I loved it. The only things I didn't like was the aluminum back (because I was always scared I'd scratch the oh so pretty spiral finish), and the aspect ratio (felt more comfortable with the iPad's 4:3). Must say though, if I ever were to buy another tablet, I'd probably go back to it.

CrimsonTider
09-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Which transformer? I got the prime TF201 when it came out but returned it because I heard about the prime infinity and wasn't happy about feeling like I spent a grand to become a beta tester, lol. I must say, I loved it. The only things I didn't like was the aluminum back (because I was always scared I'd scratch the oh so pretty spiral finish), and the aspect ratio (felt more comfortable with the iPad's 4:3). Must say though, if I ever were to buy another tablet, I'd probably go back to it.

I have the TF300T. Was only $349 (16 GB with SD storage is more than enough for me) and for only $150 more can got the keyboard. All that for the same as I paid for just my wife's Ipad, I will chalk that up as a win! :)

dreenise
09-13-2012, 01:36 AM
I'll just stick to my Galaxy S3 thanks. Android > iOS in my opinion that is. The only thing that will always be better is the iPod and iTunes functionality.

Otukura
09-13-2012, 02:50 AM

If you EVER took any Physics, you'd know that the heat generated would be the exact same, and the maximum speed would too.

KingFu
09-13-2012, 02:55 AM
If you EVER took any Physics, you'd know that the heat generated would be the exact same, and the maximum speed would too.

U so smart. I hate physics. Next year I think :/

saool
09-13-2012, 02:58 AM
Had to share... :rolleyes:

Otukura
09-13-2012, 03:01 AM
U so smart. I hate physics. Next year I think :/

U up late for skool day.

shadow90
09-13-2012, 03:36 AM
Let's stop fighting about which is better.
Everyone has different preferences.
You like Samsung, i like Apple.

Cahaun
09-13-2012, 04:10 AM
I'll just say that I like my lowly Galaxy S Fascinate, and that I'm glad to have a smartphone. I had it for two years and it's been a good phone.

Apple Side: I would be more of a fan if I don't keep hearing about how they just make small updates to each phone they release. I would like it if they tried more risky, new attempts at something in the future.

BodMaster
09-13-2012, 06:28 AM
Let's stop fighting about which is better.
Everyone has different preferences.
You like Samsung, i like Apple.

Did you not read the OP?

Who's fighting about which is better, we are simply stating what the OP asked. The majority of people posted has stayed on topic.

Throw down some hard facts or go (;

Isniper
09-13-2012, 06:37 AM
Well ps vita ways better for games .. I Android <3 iphone :vwub:

HunterSLAYER
09-13-2012, 07:58 AM
Well ps vita ways better for games .. I Android <3 iphone :vwub:

The Ps vita's specs are still lower than the S3 and maybe can't/ only partially render spectacular ragdoll, FOG, shadow and ripple effects like the Nvidia Tegra 3 chip(s) on Htc One X/ASUS Nexus 7.

Nevertheless, it is still one of the best portable gaming consoles available worldwide atmand wins hands down in terms of battery life.

:D

Deathpunch
09-13-2012, 08:00 AM
My personal favorite: Legacy apps on iOS will be letterboxed until the various devs decide to recode their apps to support the iPhone 5. Android has supported various display sizes and resolutions from the get go. Also, how long before Samsung/HTC files a lawsuit over the LTE stuff or Google over the kanged notification tray? Lol!

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

BodMaster
09-13-2012, 08:26 AM
The Ps vita's specs are still lower than the S3 and maybe can't/ only partially render spectacular ragdoll, FOG, shadow and ripple effects like the Nvidia Tegra 3 chip(s) on Htc One X/ASUS Nexus 7.

Nevertheless, it is still one of the best portable gaming consoles available worldwide atmand wins hands down in terms of battery life.

:D

Have PS Vita (Swapped it for PsP etc), and it was quite the let down. I'm not fussed on PSN, or did it do games such as DC/Batman Lego, MGS, Drake etc, any justice. The black blotch in darkend light is enough to put me off it.

And lets not even go their with not being able to copy/paste, or even have a usable internet function. (Also no Flash)

Though I must say Battery Life and Persona Games is all its good for (;

lilweezy
09-13-2012, 08:27 AM
samsung >>>>> apple

BodMaster
09-13-2012, 08:29 AM
samsung >>>>> apple

Exactly what will get this thread closed (;

Deathpunch
09-13-2012, 09:07 AM
samsung >>>>> apple

Hardly. Samsung build quality is in the toilet, and even a blind man could see that early touchwiz was a copy/paste job. Samsung may be the largest Android OEM, but I wouldn't own one of their cheap devices.

-----

Seiyen
09-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Was waiting for iphone 5 release as i was planning to buy a new cellphone(since my xperia s leaks battery)
After looking at iphone5 i think imma wait for MWC 2013..

HunterSLAYER
09-13-2012, 10:27 AM
Was waiting for iphone 5 release as i was planning to buy a new cellphone(since my xperia s leaks battery)
After looking at iphone5 i think imma wait for MWC 2013..

You can root and underclock it.
It helps u save alot of bat.
I usually underclock my Xperia S to around 700+. Best battery savings+ performance at that frequency.

KillaSkillz
09-13-2012, 11:00 AM
I especially like that they changed connectors so you will need to buy all new accessories, or maybe an adapter that may or may not work for the older accessories. This is the greatest selling point the new "lightning port". They call it that cause it was a quick easy change to suck a few hundred bucks in accessories out of anyone that wants to upgrade. Lol

CrimsonTider
09-13-2012, 11:12 AM
I especially like that they changed connectors so you will need to buy all new accessories, or maybe an adapter that may or may not work for the older accessories. This is the greatest selling point the new "lightning port". They call it that cause it was a quick easy change to suck a few hundred bucks in accessories out of anyone that wants to upgrade. Lol

People will soon realize Apple is a monopoly. There is a purpose behind everything they do and people keep falling for it.

octavos
09-13-2012, 11:20 AM
People will soon realize Apple is a monopoly. There is a purpose behind everything they do and people keep falling for it.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/26634639.jpg

Astrocat
09-13-2012, 11:26 AM

True ! 100% true lol !

Seiyen
09-13-2012, 11:50 AM
You can root and underclock it.
It helps u save alot of bat.
I usually underclock my Xperia S to around 700+. Best battery savings+ performance at that frequency.

Thx bro ill give it a try and let u know asap.

razerfingers
09-13-2012, 11:54 AM
Only thing android needs is the amazing display of the apple products. Then apple would be sol on phone devices maybe. well thats my opinion haha

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall.

Deathpunch
09-13-2012, 12:18 PM
Only thing android needs is the amazing display of the apple products. Then apple would be sol on phone devices maybe. well thats my opinion haha

Oh? I think the One X does a good job at 312 ppi compared to the 4s at 326 ppi. A difference so minute that you'd be hard pressed to see the difference when looking for it, let alone while just using it. Not to mention the One X does this on a much larger screen.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Kanozaki
09-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Hardly. Samsung build quality is in the toilet, and even a blind man could see that early touchwiz was a copy/paste job. Samsung may be the largest Android OEM, but I wouldn't own one of their cheap devices.

-----

Which is why some people would prefer Apple for their quality. I would rather go with HTC or Motorola.

The main thing apple has going for them is simplicity and their retina display. But i have heard the One X can be compared to the retina display. In the near future , who knows that title may slip away om apple as well.

In all honesty being a huge apple consumer , i am just disappointed at the Iphone 5. If i wanted a bigger screen ( not that i am complaining ) i would have just gone for an android. Im thinking of switching over to HTC when the time comes to upgrade, now that i have no intention of being stuck with basically the same phone again. For the people saying that the App Store has better content ? sure there is tons more content but the stuff we really want forces us to void our warranties, not to mention developers can not feed us consumers with Apple's App approving methods.

HunterSLAYER
09-13-2012, 12:47 PM

Do you have godly eyes?
Have u seen the S III 's display?
Its alot sharper(well to me it is idc about ppi or watever) than the Retina screens Apple r using now

BodMaster
09-13-2012, 01:29 PM

Haha ninja'd on first page (;

Thx bro ill give it a try and let u know asap.

If you have not messed with rooting before, I suggest you take some time and dead through some Xda threads before doing so.

As Hunter should have told you, only you will be responsible for "bricking" your device if you go in heavy handed (;

If you already have it rooted my next question would be.... why haven't you done this already! Lol.

(Oc'd 1.8 Siyah, JB, Paranoid Hybrid Phablet/Tablet here (; )

flashbackflip
09-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Have you ever heard of Planned Obsolence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence) concept? If you haven't - you really should!

In short - it was invented in 1932 to help America to deal with the Great Recession by making goods to break in planned life cycle so people will buy next one and thus propell the industrial economy

Later this concept was very well adapted to the condumerism lifestyle most of the world live today

A good example would be comparison of old Mercedes cars which have 'eternal' life span and modern Mercedes cars that you should change every several years (Germans adopted this concept later, so even 1980's cars are still good)

Iphone is just a little example of it. We could have 'iphone 100' as the jewel of hi-tech already but making it NOW means Apple would get much less revenue coz market is huge, but not unlimited. They make it 'nearly unlimited' by what they do - tiny upgrades in each model. Don't you think they could put a cam in the first ipad? Why you think they did not? Coz noone would buy the second iteration model.. Examples are endless - just look around

But time is changing

Google for 'the venus project' or more well known 'zeitgeist' movie to learn the perspective.. This perspective (not exactly 'venus', but similar-minded) will prevail, but untill then we will see a bit more of 'Apple breakthrougs'

Because if we leave all 'as it is' - the humanity story will end very soon. We would just eat our planet. Literally

HunterSLAYER
09-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Haha ninja'd on first page (;

If you have not messed with rooting before, I suggest you take some time and dead through some Xda threads before doing so.

As Hunter should have told you, only you will be responsible for "bricking" your device if you go in heavy handed (;

If you already have it rooted my next question would be.... why haven't you done this already! Lol.

(Oc'd 1.8 Siyah, JB, Paranoid Hybrid Phablet/Tablet here (; )

He previously rooted an older device so obviously he would have known the risks, that's why i didn't bother to tell him.

Besides, Paranoid Android is unstable as compared to the official Cm9 ROMS. I've used it before and it has alot of problems with apps due to the hybrid ui settings it uses(configurable to use either phone or tab though.)

I would suggest MIUI instead as its alot more stable and its design is done by professionals.

BodMaster
09-13-2012, 02:30 PM
He previously rooted an older device so obviously he would have known the risks, that's why i didn't bother to tell him.

Besides, Paranoid Android is unstable as compared to the official Cm9 ROMS. I've used it before and it has alot of problems with apps due to the hybrid ui settings it uses(configurable to use either phone or tab though.)

I would suggest MIUI instead as its alot more stable and its design is done by professionals.

Used it before and used any 2.0+ is another matter, remember it's still in alpha. (I like testing :p)

The one I have used most is Omega. MIUI is Meh... but both are pretty much stock with some extra's. Unlike what Paranoid gives you, a whole new feel to your device. You know Paranoid is run off latest CM in general right? :p

Samhayne
09-13-2012, 02:57 PM
I thought this was a great article with good perspective on the iPhone 5 announcement:

http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/13/the-iphone-5-event/

The opening dialogue of Christopher Nolan’s 2006 film, The Prestige:

Every great magic trick consists of three parts or acts. The first part is called “The Pledge”. The magician shows you something ordinary: a deck of cards, a bird or a man. He shows you this object. Perhaps he asks you to inspect it to see if it is indeed real, unaltered, normal. But of course…it probably isn’t. The second act is called “The Turn”. The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you’re looking for the secret… but you won’t find it, because of course you’re not really looking. You don’t really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn’t clap yet. Because making something disappear isn’t enough; you have to bring it back. That’s why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part we call “The Prestige”.

This is what was on my mind following today’s Apple event. It’s essentially the story of the iPhone.

Apple took something ordinary, a phone, did some extraordinary things to it, and then made it re-appear in grandiose fashion. It’s a great trick. It’s so good, in fact, that I think it’s fair to call it true magic.

The problem, if you want to call it that, is that Apple has now been doing this trick since 2007. Granted, they have other solid tricks too (they are far from the one-trick pony claims that several of their competitors face). But the iPhone is the best trick in their bag. And in the last few years, some people have gotten sick of seeing it.

But it’s important to remember that just because you’ve seen a show before, it doesn’t make actually make it any less magical. It’s a perception issue.

Read the full article on TechCrunch at http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/13/the-iphone-5-event/

Seiyen
09-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Used it before and used any 2.0+ is another matter, remember it's still in alpha. (I like testing :p)

The one I have used most is Omega. MIUI is Meh... but both are pretty much stock with some extra's. Unlike what Paranoid gives you, a whole new feel to your device. You know Paranoid is run off latest CM in general right? :p

Umm english plz :p

Edit: thx hunter used 'set cpu' to underclock it n yea its working amazing, btw it wont hurt my xperia's cpu right?

BodMaster
09-13-2012, 04:49 PM
I thought this was a great article with good perspective on the iPhone 5 announcement:

http://techcrunch.com/2012/09/13/the-iphone-5-event/

[INDENT]The opening dialogue of Christopher Nolan’s 2006 film, The Prestige:

This is what was on my mind following today’s Apple event. It’s essentially the story of the iPhone.

Apple took something ordinary, a phone, did some extraordinary things to it, and then made it re-appear in grandiose fashion. It’s a great trick. It’s so good, in fact, that I think it’s fair to call it true magic.

The problem, if you want to call it that, is that Apple has now been doing this trick since 2007. Granted, they have other solid tricks too (they are far from the one-trick pony claims that several of their competitors face). But the iPhone is the best trick in their bag. And in the last few years, some people have gotten sick of seeing it.

I'm out of thanks, but a great post (:

And plus The Prestige, is one of my favourite films. (I have 3 copies 2 DvD, one BD, don't ask)

KingFu
09-13-2012, 05:22 PM

Death already said it, but there's countless phones that come pretty close to the iPhones PPI. After you pass about 300, you won't notice a difference for a while, unless you have a great eye and really look for it. You won't notice a difference between 306 PPI (S3), and 326 PPI (iPhone 4/4s/5) during every day use. The S3 isn't the only one close to 326. I remember hearing the Galaxy Nexus has about 315, Death mentioned the One X with 312, and the Lumia 920 will apparently have about 332-336, passing the iPhone.

HunterSLAYER
09-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Umm english plz :p

Edit: thx hunter used 'set cpu' to underclock it n yea its working amazing, btw it wont hurt my xperia's cpu right?

Underclock won't(As far as i know there's literally no dmg unless u force it to run at a very low frequency i.e. 300mhz and below).

Don't overclock as it dmgs ur cpu alot ^^

HunterSLAYER
09-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Death already said it, but there's countless phones that come pretty close to the iPhones PPI. After you pass about 300, you won't notice a difference for a while, unless you have a great eye and really look for it. You won't notice a difference between 306 PPI (S3), and 326 PPI (iPhone 4/4s/5) during every day use. The S3 isn't the only one close to 326. I remember hearing the Galaxy Nexus has about 315, Death mentioned the One X with 312, and the Lumia 920 will apparently have about 332-336, passing the iPhone.

In fact, a device(just a spare, i guess) me and Seiyen am using now has surpassed Apple's retina screen@ 326 ppi.

I present to you, the Xperia S, at 342 ppi, it pretty much beat Apple by a difference of 16ppi LOL.

www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_s-4369.php

Too bad, Apple. ^_^

saool
09-13-2012, 05:45 PM
null

I absolutely LOVE The Prestige!

Anyways, sure I agree, but it's when you get someone who sees the bigger picture, (remember the bird trick, and the little boy who called him out on it?) That's when the trick becomes old and obsolete (or just really boring). Don't get me wrong nice looking devices, but they just aren't for me.

Reddwing
09-13-2012, 05:50 PM
I just like my DROID cause I can set the background as an awesome dancing banana wearing a sombrero! (And other various reasons) Bananas always win!
:banana:

HunterSLAYER
09-13-2012, 06:00 PM
I just like my DROID cause I can set the background as an awesome dancing banana wearing a sombrero! (And other various reasons) Bananas always win!
:banana:

With iOS Devices the only way you can do that is after jailbreaking(might change in iOS 10 idk Lol).

HunterSLAYER
09-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Which is why some people would prefer Apple for their quality. I would rather go with HTC or Motorola.

The main thing apple has going for them is simplicity and their retina display. But i have heard the One X can be compared to the retina display. In the near future , who knows that title may slip away om apple as well.

In all honesty being a huge apple consumer , i am just disappointed at the Iphone 5. If i wanted a bigger screen ( not that i am complaining ) i would have just gone for an android. Im thinking of switching over to HTC when the time comes to upgrade, now that i have no intention of being stuck with basically the same phone again. For the people saying that the App Store has better content ? sure there is tons more content but the stuff we really want forces us to void our warranties, not to mention developers can not feed us consumers with Apple's App approving methods.

Kano, if u end up purchasing an Android device and choose to play games on it go for the HTC One X( the lockscreen itself is Animated(Zoom in on local weather data)
And it has a Nvidia gpu that renders effects beautifully in games ^_^

BodMaster
09-13-2012, 06:07 PM

Was previously researching this a few weeks ago, still had the link book marked;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_displays_by_pixel_density

Reddwing
09-13-2012, 06:13 PM
With iOS Devices the only way you can do that is after jailbreaking(might change in iOS 10 idk Lol).

Exactly. Dont gotta jail break a droid to set the background as an awesome banana. :banana:

KingFu
09-13-2012, 06:17 PM
I'll probably use my upgrade to get the Galaxy Note II. Still a lot of things Apple is yet to confront. So I'd sooner just go back to Android, since if I miss iOS, I can always go back to my 4s.

BodMaster
09-13-2012, 06:18 PM

Damn you Reddwing!!!!! (Or at least your sig :p)

I want my sammich maker back!!!!!

Deathpunch
09-13-2012, 06:24 PM
Kano, if u end up purchasing an Android device and choose to play games on it go for the HTC One X( the lockscreen itself is Animated(Zoom in on local weather data)
And it has a Nvidia gpu that renders effects beautifully in games ^_^

The One X in the states is a dual core snapdragon with an Adreno gpu. Nothing nvidia about it.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

HunterSLAYER
09-13-2012, 06:26 PM
I'll probably use my upgrade to get the Galaxy Note II. Still a lot of things Apple is yet to confront. So I'd sooner just go back to Android, since if I miss iOS, I can always go back to my 4s.

Let me describe to you my experience with the GNote II:
1. It has a feature for screen recording(Audio through mic), good for gamers who play on mobile devices like seemingly forever and record gameplay vids.

2. However, the resolution of the GNote II is a little bit lower than the GNote @ 1280x720 its just -80 off the original GNote's resolution.

3. Some Apps don't work properly due to its screen size(it being a hybrid device).

4. 2gb of RAM. You'll always have lots of Ram. Heck, you can even minimize like 20-30 apps without any lags(depends on whether its actively running or in cached background.)

5. Other than that, the rest are pretty similar features to the GNote, only enhanced/upgraded(like Notes,saving screenshots,etc).

HunterSLAYER
09-13-2012, 06:29 PM
The One X in the states is a dual core snapdragon with an Adreno gpu. Nothing nvidia about it.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Well, you can always import the int. Version if u r willing to pay ^_^

brodiniozo
09-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Samsung all day.

KingFu
09-13-2012, 07:50 PM
@Hunter. How'd you get your hands on it? Thought it wasn't expected until October.

Zeus
09-13-2012, 07:52 PM
I blame the CEO, he isn't right for Apple, IMO. The fanboy trend WILL die out if this continues.

Why? He's playing it SAFE. He's doing what he thinks Steve Jobs would have done, not stepping outside of the comfort zone. All these new products you see? They're expected. Every single new feature about them is expected & should be considered standard. There's no "bonus" like there was in the past, for example with the iPhone 4's (not 4S's) release. The 4 was GROUND BREAKING! It had class, style, elegance, and functionality.

The iPhone 5? It looks like it got a new hairdo.

Tim Cook can't rely on Steve Job's tricks because he isn't Steve Job's. IMO, if they want their stock to continue raising, they need to step out of their comfort zone.

KingFu
09-13-2012, 07:58 PM
I blame the CEO, he isn't right for Apple, IMO. The fanboy trend WILL die out if this continues.

IMO, it will just increase the voice of fanboys. Think about it, the more criticism apple gets, the more fanboys will try and defend. I doubt they'll ever get tired of it.

HunterSLAYER
09-13-2012, 08:05 PM
@Hunter. How'd you get your hands on it? Thought it wasn't expected until October.

I got a prototype device for development.(only for reviewers and devs)
^_^

Zeus
09-13-2012, 08:08 PM
IMO, it will just increase the voice of fanboys. Think about it, the more criticism apple gets, the more fanboys will try and defend. I doubt they'll ever get tired of it.

True, but the bandwagon fanboys will ditch them like *that*.

KingFu
09-13-2012, 08:12 PM
I got a prototype device for development.(only for reviewers and devs)
^_^

What company do you work for?

SkillFullGamer
09-13-2012, 08:31 PM
New iPhone is A dissapointment....

HunterSLAYER
09-13-2012, 08:39 PM
What company do you work for?

Can't reveal personal info sry man.
It's against the Tos

BodMaster
09-13-2012, 08:53 PM
It's against the Tos

ToS or NDA? Jelly much..

submit
09-13-2012, 09:14 PM
If best gaming phone i wanna see some reviews on it first. Then if great i will consider a new phone.

KingFu
09-13-2012, 09:30 PM
It's against the Tos

No harm in saying something it rhymes with.

Phoenixking
09-13-2012, 09:36 PM
If we were naming apple's new phones in that form we would still be in 2nd gen then

DXDARKXSOULXD
09-13-2012, 11:34 PM
lol dude i heard iphone getting sewed bec. they copy a lot (not bad thing just wat i heard) but i only like ipads not the phones they make like iphone 5 they will release.

Otukura
09-14-2012, 03:09 AM
?

wound?

Frzendeath
09-14-2012, 03:25 AM
Unsticky this i don't care what or who op works for this is trash and just a troll thread much like apple is trolling with the iphone5

Rawrimafish
09-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Hmm guess this is more of a "Ftw" thread. (Though only posted an hr ago :p)

One thing you can't doubt iOS about is that retina screen though. (All must be envy :p)

i read "ftw" as wtf :/

BodMaster
09-14-2012, 03:56 PM
i read "ftw" as wtf :/

Lmao, might as well be :p

Btw hey Rawrim! Long time now see (:

Deathpunch
09-14-2012, 05:21 PM
Lol! Even the iFaithful can't tell the difference between the different versions of the iPhone. I think this video says a lot about iPhone design and its lack of progress. But I guess if you hold the patent on rounded corners and rectangles then you should use them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Note: I think there may be one bad word in there, but this is from network TV, so nothing too harsh.

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

BodMaster
09-14-2012, 05:34 PM
Lmao!!!!!!!!! Nice find.. man.. some people..

Slant
09-14-2012, 05:52 PM
those guys are right without even holding the real thing

they could have gotten rid of that belly button tho, made a xperia (S or U) + iphone mashup

http://i.imgur.com/Lfjlj.png

Phoenixking
09-14-2012, 11:27 PM
lol dude i heard iphone getting sewed bec. they copy a lot (not bad thing just wat i heard) but i only like ipads not the phones they make like iphone 5 they will release.
I only have an iPhone because I can call people and it's simple, but I like the iPads a lot

Deathpunch
09-14-2012, 11:31 PM
I look at it like this. If your device, whatever it may be, whether an awesome Android device or a reused and abused rectangle with rounded corners, whether you can download and install apps from wherever you choose or just one place, whether you have complete freedom and control or you have just what some random company tells you that you can have, does what you want it to do, then it's a good one.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

HunterSLAYER
09-15-2012, 03:02 AM
I look at it like this. If your device, whatever it may be, whether an awesome Android device or a reused and abused rectangle with rounded corners, whether you can download and install apps from wherever you choose or just one place, whether you have complete freedom and control or you have just what some random company tells you that you can have, does what you want it to do, then it's a good one.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Regarding freedom on Android devices:
There is already ALOT of freedom on Android devices without it being modified.

After modification, i can make my Android device run at extremely low frequencies to the point where 0% bat is drained with WIFI, data on(And all apps frozen besides, Android System and google services framework-needed for push notifications on Whatsapp and messages).

I can set a screenie of my Sl,Dl avatar as my notification bar background. I can set custom led light colours.I can install Windows 98,2000(wth lol) and Linux(Ubuntu Mandriva, Fedora,Linux Mint,etc.) And make them run so smoothly on my high-end Android devices that you think your tablet is your pc installed with Linux.

Can your jailbroken P.O.S. iPhone/iPad do all that i said above?

NO.

That is why generally "smarter" people(at least in Technology related fields) choose Android.

I have all idevices and they suck, even when jailbroken.
The level of freedom(even when jailbroken) is just nowhere near the amount of freedom Android has when ROOTED.

Sadly, what i've said above is a fact, but i know for sure stubborn fanboys will never accept it and may/definitely argue back(Well, if you do and go overboard this thread may get locked so think about it.)

I can go on forever about the pros and cons about Android vs Apple till idevices fanboys' head burst but i'll think i'll stop here.

The reality is that geeks will take over the world before you know it.

P.s. i'll make a post two times longer than this(bashing fanboys, of course)if some obsessed Apple fanboy cannot control him/herself and post redundant paragraphs.

ScornResistance
09-15-2012, 08:34 PM
As soon as I got iPhone 4 like little rally the day I got it. I dropped it and shattered the screen! Irresponsible problems

Deathpunch
09-15-2012, 09:52 PM
http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/user7618/flash.jpg

-----
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

BodMaster
09-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Rofl!

shadow90
09-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Oppo Find 5 >>>>>> Samsung Galaxy SIII

BodMaster
09-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Oppo Find 5 >>>>>> Samsung Galaxy SIII

Little off topic but anyhoo..

And you have first hand experience on this....?

Too many "rumoured" specs. And no here has said SGIII will be the best phone ever available on the market... it just is at this time (;

Otukura
09-15-2012, 10:34 PM
P.s. i'll make a post two times longer than this(bashing fanboys, of course)if some obsessed Apple fanboy cannot control him/herself and post redundant paragraphs.

I'd really like to see that post, if possible.

Wound, where art thou?!?

BodMaster
09-15-2012, 10:39 PM
I'd really like to see that post, if possible.

It's a specialty.. only come's with redundant paragraphs not line of text :p

Seems you will have to work for it Otu.

Otukura
09-15-2012, 10:47 PM
It's a specialty.. only come's with redundant paragraphs not line of text :p

Seems you will have to work for it Otu.

Unable to find anything online, I think I'll have to wait for someone to post something here.

Buddyf97
09-16-2012, 12:51 PM

Costs them $8 to make...

Samsung Galaxy s3 is the way to go. It was up in the air for a bit. Apple was expected to put some awesome new features in it but did nothing other than the expected.
My opinion: only get this phone over the s3 if you have a ton of money invested in apple with apps, music, etc. I have had the s3 since release and have absolutely no complaints!

Deathpunch
09-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Thanks, Apple! You never fail to be you. Those prices sound about right for them.

http://m.pocketnow.com/2012/09/12/apple-lightning-adapter/

Also, it's estimated to cost about $167.50 in parts, plus manufacturing costs, for the iPhone 5.

http://m.cnet.com/news/iphone-5-may-cost-apple-$16750-to-build-says-one-estimate/57512904

----
Tapatalk? More like MoneyGrabTalk, amirite?!

KingFu
09-16-2012, 04:53 PM
Mother of god....has anyone heard about the Oppo Find 5? 5 inch 1080p display, 441 PPI! It's also Quad Core, and has 2 GBs of ram...

Deathpunch
09-16-2012, 05:45 PM
Mother of god....has anyone heard about the Oppo Find 5? 5 inch 1080p display, 441 PPI! It's also Quad Core, and has 2 GBs of ram...

Nope, but rumor says HTC is pushing out a 5" device with 1080p 480ppi display to Verizon. Quad core, 1.5 gb ram. HTC just knows how to love me. :D

http://androidandme.com/2012/09/smartphones-2/5-inch-htc-dix-to-feature-480ppi-display-quad-core-processor-1-5gb-of-ram-and-rear-facing-notification-led/

Article on the Oppo Find 5:

http://www.androidauthority.com/oppo-find-5-feature-5-1080p-display-s4-pro-processor-jelly-bean-113277/

Reminds me of an oversized iPhone. :/

-----

*Zero*
09-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Galaxy S3>all phones.

Worship
09-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Summary of all posts made here:
Either;
1. Love the new iPhone (even though i havent had a personal experience with it)
2. Waste of money
3. Going to be good, but not worth the hundreds of extra dollars
4. Androids better! (Even though.. this thread has NOTHING to do with android)
5. (or people talk about their own phones that arent made by apple.. ahem^)

KingFu
09-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Nope, but rumor says HTC is pushing out a 5" device with 1080p 480ppi display to Verizon. Quad core, 1.5 gb ram. HTC just knows how to love me. :D

http://androidandme.com/2012/09/smartphones-2/5-inch-htc-dix-to-feature-480ppi-display-quad-core-processor-1-5gb-of-ram-and-rear-facing-notification-led/

Article on the Oppo Find 5:

http://www.androidauthority.com/oppo-find-5-feature-5-1080p-display-s4-pro-processor-jelly-bean-113277/

Reminds me of an oversized iPhone. :/

-----

I heard about that, but there's been too many people saying it's a rumor. The Oppo Find 5 is pretty much confirmed.

Deathpunch
09-16-2012, 06:51 PM
I heard about that, but there's been too many people saying it's a rumor. The Oppo Find 5 is pretty much confirmed.

So is the HTC device. Pic in the article. ;)

-----

BodMaster
09-16-2012, 09:11 PM

Guessing you missed the post a few above this one lol.

All rumored specs atm. SGIII was rumoured at 5" and 2GB Ram, 1.8 etc before release.

Phoenixking
09-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Summary of all posts made here:
Either;
1. Love the new iPhone (even though i havent had a personal experience with it)
2. Waste of money
3. Going to be good, but not worth the hundreds of extra dollars
4. Androids better! (Even though.. this thread has NOTHING to do with android)
5. (or people talk about their own phones that arent made by apple.. ahem^)
If only this would be in OP. then people wouldnt have to read 100+ post

TEOKILLO
09-16-2012, 10:54 PM
If only phoephoe wud be the OP, then I wouldn't have to search 7 pages

BodMaster
09-16-2012, 11:21 PM
If only this would be in OP. then people wouldnt have to read 100+ post

You would both be sooo right if it wasn't for this... (;

If you're an Android fan, what feature do you think the iPhone 5 should have gotten?

Anything you wish the next Android phone would include?

Jig
09-16-2012, 11:42 PM
Not a big leap? maybe actually go read what the differences are between the iPhone 4/s and the iPhone 5, hah and can any other device check your diabetes level on there android? not sure but I doubt it, something an iPhone 5 can do. Bigger screen faster better resolution, better camera 8 megapixel camera bigger screen and now supports 4g networks.. and a lot more, tell me thats a good job??

Otukura
09-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Not a big leap? maybe actually go read what the differences are between the iPhone 4/s and the iPhone 5, hah and can any other device check your diabetes level on there android? not sure but I doubt it, something an iPhone 5 can do. Bigger screen faster better resolution, better camera 8 megapixel camera bigger screen and now supports 4g networks.. and a lot more, tell me thats a good job??

so basically, it's getting a bit closer to the s3

BodMaster
09-16-2012, 11:53 PM
Not a big leap?...... and can any other device check your diabetes level on there android?

Implying everyone in the world would want to be able to read diabetes levels..

If it isn't surpassed already (as some believe).. wait until a few months down the line (;

KingFu
09-17-2012, 12:21 AM

I already posted relating to everything you stated. Except the diabetes part, which isn't a deal breaker for me with android considering I don't have it...

shadow90
09-17-2012, 12:26 AM
iPhone 5 is expensive because they need the extra money for the research on the next iphone.

KingFu
09-17-2012, 12:28 AM
iPhone 5 is expensive because they need the extra money for the research on the next iphone.

What research? I'm not seeing any being done.

shadow90
09-17-2012, 01:29 AM

You can't exactly see it though...

Otukura
09-17-2012, 01:49 AM

You know how when you walk into an apple store, the laptops screens are pushed so far back that when you want to try one out you have to grab it and readjust it? Well, Apple did some research that showed when someone touches a product they're a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny bit more likely to buy it. Forcing you to touch it might make a .5% increase in sales, but hey, that's still an increase. They're researching how to manipulate people rather than how to make a superior product.

HunterSLAYER
09-17-2012, 03:58 AM
The fanboy wars continues....

Samsung's ad in newspapers:
http://www.businessinsider.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-anti-iphone-5-ad-2012-9

iOS Fanboys' response:
http://www.businessinsider.com/samsung-anti-iphone-5-ad-parodies-2012-9?utm_source=sailthrusuggest&utm_medium=rightrail&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=recirc

YAHOO EMPLOYEES GOT LUCKY!:
http://www.businessinsider.com/marissa-mayer-just-gave-every-yahoo-employee-an-iphone-5-2012-9

Came across this while reading the Apple developer notes...HMM?
https://developer.apple.com/resources/cases/dimensions/iPhone-5-dimensions.pdf

shadow90
09-17-2012, 11:45 PM
The fanboy wars continues....

Samsung's ad in newspapers:
http://www.businessinsider.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-anti-iphone-5-ad-2012-9

iOS Fanboys' response:
http://www.businessinsider.com/samsung-anti-iphone-5-ad-parodies-2012-9?utm_source=sailthrusuggest&utm_medium=rightrail&utm_term=&utm_content=&utm_campaign=recirc

YAHOO EMPLOYEES GOT LUCKY!:
http://www.businessinsider.com/marissa-mayer-just-gave-every-yahoo-employee-an-iphone-5-2012-9

Came across this while reading the Apple developer notes...HMM?
https://developer.apple.com/resources/cases/dimensions/iPhone-5-dimensions.pdf

I love this one xD
http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/5054e9956bb3f70a21000020-1630-3150/parody-iphone-5-samsung-ad.png

Otukura
09-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Apple really has to resort to some crappy things on that list.

shadow90
09-17-2012, 11:50 PM
You know how when you walk into an apple store, the laptops screens are pushed so far back that when you want to try one out you have to grab it and readjust it? Well, Apple did some research that showed when someone touches a product they're a tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny bit more likely to buy it. Forcing you to touch it might make a .5% increase in sales, but hey, that's still an increase. They're researching how to manipulate people rather than how to make a superior product.

Damnnn...
You know their secret market strategy (⊙_⊙)

BodMaster
09-18-2012, 12:13 AM
I love this one

How much more phoney can you get?

Making out it has more qualities by adding a load of usless things on one side.. and also making out iPhone 5 is Quadcore.. lol.. and then taking out the fact SGIII IS a Quadcore 1.4..

Look at the standbye time, talk time, and reso lol

KingFu
09-18-2012, 12:34 AM
Just from that list, the S3 still has better specs...

shadow90
09-18-2012, 12:35 AM
How much more phoney can you get?

Making out it has more qualities by adding a load of usless things on one side.. and also making out iPhone 5 is Quadcore.. lol.. and then taking out the fact SGIII IS a Quadcore 1.4..

Look at the standbye time, talk time, and reso lol

I just don't like cheap plastic...
Sorry...

KingFu
09-18-2012, 12:37 AM
Sorry...

And I don't like spending hundreds of dollars to have a metal phone that's exterior is 90% glass.

BodMaster
09-18-2012, 12:45 AM
Sorry...

People say that because of the look, it's not actually "cheap plastic".

I have dropped my phone over and over again, on concreate, hard flooring out in town on a piss up, and it comes back home in one piece.

My mate dropped his iPhone, it not only smashes/cracks the screen, the whole thing got trashed.

Phone > No Phone

shadow90
09-18-2012, 01:16 AM
People say that because of the look, it's not actually "cheap plastic".

I have dropped my phone over and over again, on concreate, hard flooring out in town on a piss up, and it comes back home in one piece.

My mate dropped his iPhone, it not only smashes/cracks the screen, the whole thing got trashed.

Phone > No Phone

It depends on how you dropped it.
My friend's SIII screen was broken when it hit the floor.

KingFu
09-18-2012, 01:18 AM

If I ask to see a friends iPhone, half of them are broken. If I ask to see a friend android phone, they're pretty much only shattered if it's a 3 year old LG.

shadow90
09-18-2012, 01:20 AM
And the reason why iPhone is better is because of its simplicity.
Here an example of the two OS
A is the starting point and C is the destination point.
iOS - A > C
Laggy Andriod - A > B > C

BodMaster
09-18-2012, 01:27 AM

Lol pic or if didn't happen.

I have accidentally dropped it many times. I have had it on charge, and pulled the wire by accident in which it flings to the floor. I have held it awkwardly and dropped it onto concreate and hard flooring. (Do not have Carpet in my house all laid down flooring, and concreate for the kitchen)

None of my mates have a fully "out of the box" iPhone, always cracked or smashed etc.

Not that I care, i'm happy with the device, it does all I need it too, and with "1 click" root, can pretty much customize it to my hearts content. I may just be lucky, but so far not even a scratch, and I have had it from the 1st day of release within the UK. (Late April)

BodMaster
09-18-2012, 01:28 AM
iOS - A > C

Laggy android? Hahaha.. guessing you haven't even used a SGIII.

KingFu
09-18-2012, 02:02 AM
iOS - A > C

All people say is "simplicity". I see it as bland. I own an iPhone 4s and an iPad, so I'm not being biased at all. I love my iPad, and prefer it to a lot of android tablets for what I use it for. However, my iPhone is a little bit of a different story. I knew some android phones had superior specs when I bought it, I just loved my iPad ever since I got the original one, and wanted to try an iPhone. You're forgetting that the extra letter you added (C) also gives you a lot more personalization/functionality. iPhone is generally nice for people who don't really fully understand the capability of their phone, and want simplicity due to their lack of technological experience, however if you know what you're doing, you can go much farther with android. I actually like iPhone as a phone in itself, I just think apple is dissapointing and is far behind other companies, and the iPhone 5 is truly a disappointment.

HunterSLAYER
09-18-2012, 02:23 AM
iOS - A > C

Well, if you can afford an S3, get it.
The S3 is probably one of the few Android phones(+HTC One X) where its powerful enough that there is no lag at all/indiscernible lag.
From your opinions i'm guessing you've probably only used low-mid-end Android phone(s) so far.
Even on the S2 the ICS Android interface runs like Heaven ^_^

Simplicity or Customization?
It's up to you...If you can even accept reality.

HunterSLAYER
09-18-2012, 02:28 AM
Lol pic or if didn't happen.

I have accidentally dropped it many times. I have had it on charge, and pulled the wire by accident in which it flings to the floor. I have held it awkwardly and dropped it onto concreate and hard flooring. (Do not have Carpet in my house all laid down flooring, and concreate for the kitchen)

None of my mates have a fully "out of the box" iPhone, always cracked or smashed etc.

Not that I care, i'm happy with the device, it does all I need it too, and with "1 click" root, can pretty much customize it to my hearts content. I may just be lucky, but so far not even a scratch, and I have had it from the 1st day of release within the UK. (Late April)

1 click root is not the best solution for "full customization".
Unlock your bootloader for full functionality.

shadow90
09-18-2012, 03:30 AM
Laggy android? Hahaha.. guessing you haven't even used a SGIII.

I've tried the SGIII before and it was laggy.

HunterSLAYER
09-18-2012, 03:36 AM

This already proves you have not used the SGSIII before(or u haven't used it long enough to determine whether its really laggy or not).
The SGSIII, is DEFINITELY not LAGGY and in fact, is the best Android phone released to the public for now.
I'm sure those who "Actually used" the SGSIII before would know how the phone performs.

This is coming from a person who has used more Android and idevices than you could ever have(not to brag or anything but to prove that your statement, shadow90, is not credible).

shadow90
09-18-2012, 05:19 AM
This already proves you have not used the SGSIII before(or u haven't used it long enough to determine whether its really laggy or not).
The SGSIII, is DEFINITELY not LAGGY and in fact, is the best Android phone released to the public for now.
I'm sure those who "Actually used" the SGSIII before would know how the phone performs.

This is coming from a person who has used more Android and idevices than you could ever have(not to brag or anything but to prove that your statement, shadow90, is not credible).

I like how you deny SGIII is laggy.
And i can take a lot of photos of my hand with my friend's SGIII if you'd like.

Slant
09-18-2012, 05:41 AM
hmm the specs don't matter at all, does not matter even if all the individual droid devices are much better than the iPhone also, it's the ecosystem that's going strong, and it's what most ios users are heavily invested in from a long time, so comparing the phone for another device which may have better specs does not even come up
the big news is not just the iPhone 5 is out, but that the 3GS stopped production after a 3 year run. It will still get the next iOS update, don't think there is a droid from that time that (a) stayed in production as long or (b) received software updates for that long.
the increase in standard will be in the minimum requirements, not the higher end of the specs.... this standard just got bumped upwards and the repercussions will be felt on other platforms as well, this is why games just got better, even if it was a small, incremental release for the iPhone

Xionskull
09-18-2012, 06:09 AM
iOS - A > C

All people say is "simplicity". I see it as bland. I own an iPhone 4s and an iPad, so I'm not being biased at all. I love my iPad, and prefer it to a lot of android tablets for what I use it for. However, my iPhone is a little bit of a different story. I knew some android phones had superior specs when I bought it, I just loved my iPad ever since I got the original one, and wanted to try an iPhone. You're forgetting that the extra letter you added (C) also gives you a lot more personalization/functionality. iPhone is generally nice for people who don't really fully understand the capability of their phone, and want simplicity due to their lack of technological experience, however if you know what you're doing, you can go much farther with android. I actually like iPhone as a phone in itself, I just think apple is dissapointing and is far behind other companies, and the iPhone 5 is truly a disappointment.

Hey umm bro.

The iPhone basically is made for truly idiotic humans that need the basics in some instances.

But... When you jailbreak your iPhone:iPad/iPod it becomes 6557896414x more customizable and completely surpasses all android phones.

Deathpunch
09-18-2012, 07:28 AM
IB4L! Y'all are starting to get a little too fanboy-ish. :D

-----

Astrocat
09-18-2012, 07:30 AM
IB4L ! Woot guys happy new year!
Wait..

-Astrocat

HunterSLAYER
09-18-2012, 09:12 AM
Hey umm bro.

The iPhone basically is made for truly idiotic humans that need the basics in some instances.

But... When you jailbreak your iPhone:iPad/iPod it becomes 6557896414x more customizable and completely surpasses all android phones.

Says a person who possibly has little or no knowledge at all in Android development(I'm knowledgeable in both).
Your reasoning is flawed.

Well, no point wasting time arguing with non-devs. Pfft.

Sent from my iNoob via they see me winning, they hating' secret room

Astrocat
09-18-2012, 09:16 AM
Says a person who possibly has little or no knowledge at all in Android development.
Your reasoning is flawed.

Well, no point wasting time arguing with non-devs. Pfft.

Sent from my iNoob via they see me winning, they hating' secret room

Agreed but peace and love <3

-Astrocat

KingFu
09-18-2012, 09:32 AM

Lol, I can't tell if you're serious or not.

HunterSLAYER
09-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Lol, I can't tell if you're serious or not.

He's stuck in his own Apple dreamland with Tim and Apple gadgets all around him.
Could be trolling though cos' we all know that will never be true.

*Facepalm.

Astrocat
09-18-2012, 09:46 AM
I'd like to close this thread now.. --'

-Astrocat

HunterSLAYER
09-18-2012, 09:49 AM

-Astrocat

I support your suggestion, before things really get out of control.

Also, technology related threads should not be created as it gives people every opportunity to bash other fanboys who disagree with their opinions.

Astrocat
09-18-2012, 09:58 AM
I support your suggestion, before things really get out of control.

Also, technology related threads should not be created as it gives people every oppotunity to bash other fanboys' who disagree with their opinions.

Thanks hunter, and I agree with you!

-Astrocat

BodMaster
09-18-2012, 11:03 AM

No comment.

1 click root is not the best solution for "full customization".
Unlock your bootloader for full functionality.

True, but from 1st initial 1 click root, the rest rom etc done through a bootloader anyway. So many Roms well even SU is enhanced since my days on HTC Desire, with Gold Card etc.

And you have been in this discussion at all..

Anyway, we know who is being "reasonable" and giving props to both devices, discussion was healthy for a while I guess.

Astrocat
09-18-2012, 11:09 AM
No comment.

True, but from 1st initial 1 click root, the rest rom etc done through a bootloader anyway. So many Roms well even SU is enhanced since my days on HTC Desire, with Gold Card etc.

And you have been in this discussion at all..

Anyway, we know who is being "reasonable" and giving props to both devices, discussion was healthy for a while I guess.

... ?

BodMaster
09-18-2012, 11:23 AM
... ?

Bueno ! <3

We enjoy talking about phones and specs, the way to get a thread closed is saying IB4L, White Knighting, etc, or making a big deal of it.

RedStapler made the thread, and some interesting info has come from it.

Were having a healthy discussion, before a member come in and "blatantly" has no clue what they are talking about. Troll, i don't know, but none of it is making sense from a Technical point.

HunterSLAYER
09-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Bueno ! <3

We enjoy talking about phones and specs, the way to get a thread closed is saying IB4L, White Knighting, etc, or making a big deal of it.

Were having a healthy discussion, before a member come in and "blatantly" has no clue what they are talking about. Troll, i don't know, but none of it is making sense from a Technical point.

Well, the "Sgs III is laggy".
Try using the Newly announced Lg Optimus U, Quad core and(surprisingly)better specs than the SGS III, but....rotation takes 2.5secs?
Now that's what i call laggy.

Take a look at the horrible 360p video by reputable tech site(mobile) gsmarena below:

Astrocat
09-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Bueno ! <3

Hey I was saying it with joy and humor.
Keep that in mind : I never get angry :)

Take care :)

-Astrocat

HunterSLAYER
09-18-2012, 11:42 AM
Can't edit my post(idk why), so:
Really laggy Android phone with specs Higher than the SGS III
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxEweAV1V-E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

(I didn't request for one after seeing how laggy it was myself.)

Gsmarena Lg Optimus G full review:
http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_optimus_g-review-814.php

Lg Optimus G specs(gsm):
www.gsmarena.com/lg_optimus_g_e973-4941.php

Now compare the Lg Optimus G's specs with SGS III's below:
www.gsmarena.com/samsung_i9300_galaxy_s_iii-4238.php

Build tests(with iphone 4s and SGS III):
Drop test:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7e9ebi41Wc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Crash test(Drop test extreme version):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbL7ciKmT7g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Screen scratch test:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnwwz0nyOno&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Submerged in water test:
IPhone 4s:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwVZIkWZyM0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Samsung Galaxy SIII:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM90JBDnjrQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last but not least, the boiling test LOL.

iPhone 4S:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSaT3GJWBak&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Samsung Galaxy S III:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=porqEeOhZQM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The videos listed above might help consumers who go for build quality decide which phone is the best for them.

BodMaster
09-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Good read (:

I follow GSM Arena alot, have been my main site when comparing phones before I finally purchase one. (Obv other sites and more research, but GSM fills most of the void)

The only (intentional) lag spot was home button if anything, and that was under a second, root fixes that if preferred.

I can honestly say I haven't lagged, not comparing it to other phones. Just SGIII in general.

BodMaster
09-18-2012, 12:34 PM
Hey I was saying it with joy and humor.
Keep that in mind : I never get angry :)

Don't let my passion for tech fool you, in no way was my post "angry".

Anyone can add <3 and :)

Surely you must get angry at times? :p Anger is an emotion that all of us have, without it we would be 'less' in general.

Deathpunch
09-18-2012, 12:38 PM
I think the main issue with "lag" on android devices as compared to iDevices is because iDevices are only running one thing at a time, allowing the full potential of the processor to work on the one thing you want to do. In Android, you'll have all sorts of stuff opened up and the os doesn't close it all immediately, causing some potential of the processor to be diverted from your current task to a background task. It adds up as you open more stuff. I know some of you are aware of this, but a lot aren't, and that is the main reason for the perceived "lag" in Android devices. If you go one on one, with a single app opened, difficult in Android with all the Widgets and such, I'm quite sure current Gen android devices would perform as well as, if not better than, current iDevices.

-----

BodMaster
09-18-2012, 12:52 PM
I think the main issue with "lag" on android devices as compared to iDevices is because iDevices are only running one thing at a time, allowing the full potential of the processor to work on the one thing you want to do. In Android, you'll have all sorts of stuff opened up and the os doesn't close it all immediately, causing some potential of the processor to be diverted from your current task to a background task. It adds up as you open more stuff. I know some of you are aware of this, but a lot aren't, and that is the main reason for the perceived "lag" in Android devices. If you go one on one, with a single app opened, difficult in Android with all the Widgets and such, I'm quite sure current Gen android devices would perform as well as, if not better than, current iDevices.

-----

You certainly have a good point there. One of my other RL friends got the the SIII and truly didn't have a clue what he was doing, or how to bring up the multi-apps to remove.

Was in the middle of the GB Vs Uraguay match actually for the Olypics. He passed me his phone to sort out/set up his internet. Opened up to see how many apps he had running.. lets just say he over 20+ main apps, never mind whats unning behind them. (Not tech Savy)

When I showed him how to close the apps he was full *FP*n haha.

But it could be possible that other "general" users have faced or facing the same sort of thing. And if that is the case I'd always recommend iPhone over Android.

People in the know how and want full customization and control over their device it would have to be Droid.

Heck anyone that knows how to freeze their processes in general, iDevice or Droid is better off performance wise. But I must say I was surprised how well the Stock run on SIII. (Coming from a Rooted HTC Desire)

HunterSLAYER
09-18-2012, 12:56 PM

-----

The best way to stop as many processes from running is to use the "disable" feature included in ICS and above or the more effective ROOT-ONLY "freeze" feature using Titanium backup, app quarantine pro or other apps with app "freezing" features.

A min. Of five processes will need to be running at all times no matter what.
They are:
1. Home Launcher(Home screen, app drawer.)
2. Android System(Core process,cannot be terminated normally unless fc which means your phone needs a reboot)
3.Google services framework(cloud messages and norm. Carrier pushed messages)
4.Keyboard(obviously T_T)
5.Media(If you don't know the meaning of media....*Facepalm.)

Deathpunch
09-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Indeed, with increased hardware performance from dual and quad core processors and better gpu's, Android devices are getting better at running apps even with these heavy skins on top. I'm looking at you, HTC with your fat n pretty Sense. There's a world of difference between Sense on my old Hero and Sense on my Evo 3D. It's good enough now that I'm reluctant to not use it.

-----

HunterSLAYER
09-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Indeed, with increased hardware performance from dual and quad core processors and better gpu's, Android devices are getting better at running apps even with these heavy skins on top. I'm looking at you, HTC with your fat n pretty Sense. There's a world of difference between Sense on my old Hero and Sense on my Evo 3D. It's good enough now that I'm reluctant to not use it.

-----

HTC's Sense interface is perhaps one of the most intensive interfaces available to Android phones now.
Even the Sense lockscreen is animated.(the clouds zoom in on device wake-weather info.)

Touchwiz comes out at second, Motoblur at third and so on...

BodMaster
09-18-2012, 01:05 PM

-----

I used to love sense at first, then I was glad I waited out on SIII, than jumping at the first sight of a new HTC. (Mostly likely would have been the X)

Still prefer removing them in general, but touch-wiz took some getting used to again. (Overall happy with it)

Astrocat
09-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Nice links!

-Astrocat

Deathpunch
09-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Now that I have the hardware capable of running Sense properly, I wouldn't give it up for any other oem skin.

-----

BodMaster
09-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Now that I have the hardware capable of running Sense properly, I wouldn't give it up for any other oem skin.

-----

I'd most likely feel the same. Sense killed my HTC Desire, but what else could I expect lol. (Lasted me two years though (: )

shadow90
09-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Well... I think i know where this is going.
Nokia was the best phone for their durability in 2000
iPhone was the best phone for their lagless iOS in a few years back.
Now Samsung is the best phone for their specs.
Yeah...

Otukura
09-18-2012, 11:00 PM
Well... I think i know where this is going.
Nokia was the best phone for their durability in 2000
iPhone was the best phone for their lagless iOS in a few years back.
Now Samsung is the best phone for their specs.
Yeah...

do you admit defeat?

shadow90
09-18-2012, 11:03 PM
do you admit defeat?

I admit defeat.
But can i ask you a question?
What is Samsung good at?
Specs isn't a reasonable answer.

HunterSLAYER
09-19-2012, 12:52 AM
I admit defeat.
What is Samsung good at?

Releasing newer, faster,better phones with features you've never dreamed of before.

Take a look at the Galaxy Beam for example.
A smartphone as well as a handy portable projector you can carry wherever you go for use in presentations.

More examples of innovative features(not in other Droid phones).
The Galaxy Note II, with its notebook-like features, make noting down important things alot easier(as compared to bringing your notebook which sometimes people still forgot).
Screen recording with voice output from the microphone without any modification needed.

The Galaxy SIII with its "popup play" feature that lets you multitask while sending an email or when using other apps.

Any more questions?

P.s. Samsung also manufacture fridges,mp3/mp4 players(Galaxy player 5.0)and more....

shadow90
09-19-2012, 06:43 AM
Releasing newer, faster,better phones with features you've never dreamed of before.

Take a look at the Galaxy Beam for example.
A smartphone as well as a handy portable projector you can carry wherever you go for use in presentations.

More examples of innovative features(not in other Droid phones).
The Galaxy Note II, with its notebook-like features, make noting down important things alot easier(as compared to bringing your notebook which sometimes people still forgot).
Screen recording with voice output from the microphone without any modification needed.

The Galaxy SIII with its "popup play" feature that lets you multitask while sending an email or when using other apps.

Any more questions?

P.s. Samsung also manufacture fridges,mp3/mp4 players(Galaxy player 5.0)and more....

Logic Wireless Bolt V1.0 (2009) came out before Samsung Galaxy Beam (2010) was release.
iPhone 3GS (2009) already has multitask.

Deathpunch
09-19-2012, 07:04 AM
Logic Wireless Bolt V1.0 (2009) came out before Samsung Galaxy Beam (2010) was release.

What does that prove? Windows had a tablet PC out before the iPad, but when Apple released it, people thought it was the second coming of Christ and St. Steve could do no wrong.

Also, Samsung had a killer copier division, not to mention the paste subgroup in their copier division. Just ask Apple.

-----

HunterSLAYER
09-19-2012, 07:08 AM

The first Android(HTC G1) came out way back in 2008 and already had "true multitasking" just like in Windows,Mac and Linux.

Get your facts right first!

www.gsmarena.com/t_mobile_g1-2533.php

More proof here:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTC_Dream

Had to agree with your point on Logic Wireless bolt cellphones having the projector feature first.

However, do you think a "dumbphone" with a projector feature is better than a smartphone with one?

*Facepalm.

I would want this thread closed, but i don't think redstapler would agree with Cat's suggestion so nvm.

When people don't know what they're talking about, they spoute bs .

Deathpunch
09-19-2012, 07:12 AM
The first Android(HTC G1) came out way back in 2008 and already had "true multitasking" just like in Windows,Mac and Linux.

Get your facts right first!

www.gsmarena.com/t_mobile_g1-2533.php

Not to mention status bar notifications that Apple invented for iOS 6. >_>

EDIT: OH NOES! Does HTC realize that they're violating Apple trade dress patents with that rectangular shape and rounded corners!? And its white!?

-----

BodMaster
09-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Not to mention status bar notifications that Apple invented for iOS 6. >_>

-----

Haha lawsuit coming ;D (They prob let it go, unless "they" have gone overboard lately. Need a come back)

HunterSLAYER
09-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Haha lawsuit coming ;D (They prob let it go, unless "they" have gone overboard lately. Need a come back)

Apple's rich enough that 1bil is like dimes/pennies to them.
A lawsuit wouldn't phase them.

BodMaster
09-19-2012, 07:30 AM
Apple's rich enough that 1bil is like dimes/pennies to them.
A lawsuit wouldn't phase them.

Unfortunate, but true.

"They" seem to do it with every little detail though grrrrr.

The way I see it all companies give each other idea's from the Innovative market/field, which in the end only ever benefits "us" its users. If everyone made a lawsuit against every little thing and the other company give up (never going to happen with Samsung) it would be defeating the object of wanting to bring the latest and neatest devices to our homes. (One would think)

Competion is essential for this kind of market.

KingFu
09-19-2012, 09:12 AM

In business, you either have to be the first, best, or different. There's some exceptions to that rule, but those are the companies that generally excel past the rest.

HunterSLAYER
09-19-2012, 10:04 AM
So lg copied Samsung's "popup play" feature. I'm surprised they haven't got sued yet.

Anyways, the Lg Optimus G, in terms of specs and performance(except orientation lag), is the world's most powerful phone to date.

www.gsmarena.com/lg_optimus_g-review-814p4.php

shadow90
09-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Great.
We're back to square one.
Does samsung have any originality?
I mean seriously...
Give me a straight answer already...

shadow90
09-19-2012, 10:47 AM
What does that prove? Windows had a tablet PC out before the iPad, but when Apple released it, people thought it was the second coming of Christ and St. Steve could do no wrong.

Also, Samsung had a killer copier division, not to mention the paste subgroup in their copier division. Just ask Apple.

-----

I was asking HunterSLAYER what is Samsung's originality.
And he told me what other phones has accomplised before since he's the one who said it himself.

HunterSLAYER
09-19-2012, 12:31 PM
I was asking HunterSLAYER what is Samsung's originality.
And he told me what other phones has accomplised before since he's the one who said it himself.

You asked me what is Samsung good at?
It doesn't necessarily refer to originality.It could be anything, fridges, mp3 players they designed, or even new features.

Now, for the proof...

I admit defeat.
What is Samsung good at?

You mean you can't differentiate between "originality" and "specialize"?

Someone pls lock this thread.

BodMaster
09-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Does samsung have any originality?
I mean seriously...
Give me a straight answer already...

I think you need to be more specific, or you are going to keep getting the run around ;)

Deathpunch
09-19-2012, 12:56 PM
How about the stylus? Yeah, been done before, but the Galaxy Note made it more useful than before when coupled with some of their proprietary apps. Is that the kind of innovation you're looking for? Or how about how you can call someone from the text app simply by raising the phone to your ear on the S3? Yeah, those two things are nothing compared to slide to unlock, rounded corners, or kanged notifications, but we'll take what we can.

-----

shadow90
09-19-2012, 06:28 PM
I think you need to be more specific, or you are going to keep getting the run around ;)

Its like Nokia is the best for their strong durable phones
Nokia 3310
And iPhone for their lagless OS
Motorola for their waterproof phones
And so on...

Slant
09-20-2012, 03:45 PM
apple is overprotective about it's own services, google maps is no longer an option, google services in general have stupid apps compared to those on droids. The app approval process is pretty random, and takes too long. Some services are banned for competing with apple's own alternatives. It's sad that OnLive isnt in there yet, they are just waiting and waiting for an approval, maybe we could have had Steam and Play otherwise, that could have potentially paved the way for nintendo and sony. These are some problems facing iOS users, not what stats some droid may have.

kavin60
09-21-2012, 01:49 AM
yeah.. I am crazy about the android phone just because of gaming feature..its game quality should be more better....:-)
http://www.fusiontechware.com/androidappdevelopment.aspx

HunterSLAYER
09-21-2012, 02:33 AM
apple is overprotective about it's own services, google maps is no longer an option, google services in general have stupid apps compared to those on droids. The app approval process is pretty random, and takes too long. Some services are banned for competing with apple's own alternatives. It's sad that OnLive isnt in there yet, they are just waiting and waiting for an approval, maybe we could have had Steam and Play otherwise, that could have potentially paved the way for nintendo and sony. These are some problems facing iOS users, not what stats some droid may have.

Steam's on both iOS and Android.
and um...."google services in general have supid apps compared to those on droids?"

Slant
09-21-2012, 04:48 PM
steam could have done more on iOS. humble android bundle, was available on droids, and through steam on windows, linux and mac, but not iOS
third party apps show up for google services (gchat, google music etc) before google's native apps, if ever
and
http://i.imgur.com/ykHXK.jpg

Deathpunch
09-21-2012, 07:07 PM
http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/user7618/2012-09-21_15-04-32-picsay_zps7b42a585.jpg

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

HunterSLAYER
09-22-2012, 09:45 AM
steam could have done more on iOS. humble android bundle, was available on droids, and through steam on windows, linux and mac, but not iOS
third party apps show up for google services (gchat, google music etc) before google's native apps, if ever
and
http://i.imgur.com/ykHXK.jpg

Nice pic Slant.
I loled at "For the benefit of passengers ....."

XD

shadow90
09-23-2012, 12:05 AM
A quote from someone who has researched about iPhone 5 (exact quote)

"Every single part of this device has been upgraded.
The processor is 200% the speed of the previous model.
It benchmarks faster than any other device on the market so far.
The camera is ultra-sharp, ultra-durable with crystal sapphire to protect it.
That screen that you fell is "just taller" and nothing else, actually uses a dual-action screen that is the first of it's kind.
It omits light as well as responds to touch all on the same surface.*
It's a dual-action diode that no other phone has.
It's also Full sRGB in the color spectrum, making it the only phone in the world with that level of accuracy with color saturation and tone."

HunterSLAYER
09-23-2012, 02:41 AM
A quote from someone who has researched about iPhone 5 (exact quote)

"Every single part of this device has been upgraded.
The processor is 200% the speed of the previous model.
It benchmarks faster than any other device on the market so far.
The camera is ultra-sharp, ultra-durable with crystal sapphire to protect it.
That screen that you fell is "just taller" and nothing else, actually uses a dual-action screen that is the first of it's kind.
It omits light as well as responds to touch all on the same surface.*
It's a dual-action diode that no other phone has.
It's also Full sRGB in the color spectrum, making it the only phone in the world with that level of accuracy with color saturation and tone."

Source link or your post gets reported.
Either you provide some proof or you get a mark on your account.
Don't want any bsters.

shadow90
09-23-2012, 06:01 AM
Source link or your post gets reported.
Either you provide some proof or you get a mark on your account.
Don't want any bsters.

Believe what you will.
This quote was found in the internet but the research was not done in the internet.

Ardon
09-23-2012, 06:22 AM
Believe what you will.
This quote was found in the internet but the research was not done in the internet.

So then where's your source?

HunterSLAYER
09-23-2012, 06:26 AM
Believe what you will.

Your info isn't even credible in the first place if you can't provide any sources/references/citations.

Stop fighting a battle you can't obviously win.

Post reported for lacking sources to support your argument.

Delphina
09-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Please keep this thread civil. Thanks!

CrimsonTider
09-23-2012, 09:26 AM
My Nexus (finally!!) received the "Jelly Bean" 4.1.1. update today. I have yet to test PL on it (the only game I play on my phone), but the other apps seem to have a much smoother transition. Home screen scrolling is much faster/smoother, and internet scrolling is not as laggy (seems to grab pics/animations quicker).

Ardon
09-23-2012, 09:59 AM
My Nexus (finally!!) received the "Jelly Bean" 4.1.1. update today. I have yet to test PL on it (the only game I play on my phone), but the other apps seem to have a much smoother transition. Home screen scrolling is much faster/smoother, and internet scrolling is not as laggy (seems to grab pics/animations quicker).

Verizon Nexus I presume?
The smoothness is part of Project butter. Smooth as butter.

Deathpunch
09-23-2012, 10:04 AM

Lol! All the STS games run just fine on jelly bean.

-----

Slant
09-23-2012, 10:30 AM
playstation mobile gonna hit droids first

shadow90
09-23-2012, 11:47 AM
So then where's your source?

It's in Facebook.

BodMaster
09-23-2012, 11:49 AM
It's in Facebook.

Very reliable! Nice find ;)

shadow90
09-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Your info isn't even credible in the first place if you can't provide any sources/references/citations.

Stop fighting a battle you can't obviously win.

Post reported for lacking sources to support your argument.

You're lacking IQ there mate.
I said the research was not done on the internet so there's no such thing as a link.

shadow90
09-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Very reliable! Nice find ;)

The quote was from Facebook.

BodMaster
09-23-2012, 11:56 AM
you're lacking iq there mate.
I said the research was not done on the internet so there's no such thing as a link.

*fp*

it's in facebook.

Otukura
09-23-2012, 12:02 PM

Your fanboyism is rivaled only by your stupidity.

Deathpunch
09-23-2012, 12:13 PM

Hmm... Using the very same site you did, I found a quote to counter all you said.

http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/user7618/2012-09-23_13-09-29-picsay_zpsa5291d2f.jpg

It's Facebook, so it must be true.

-----

HunterSLAYER
09-23-2012, 12:13 PM
You're lacking IQ there mate.

So you're saying there is no direct (http) link to the research results that was posted on the net(that you quoted from)?

I mean...wait...you're still one of those dumb ppl who can't accept reality and chose to believe that Apple products are better than droid
when obviously it has been proven over time that Droid products are superior to it.

You got your results from Facebook?
Now who needs to get his IQ checked Smarta__!

*You know, your responses are really stupid(if you want to rebut me, at least post facts, not quote from "facebook") and i'll really appreciate it if you don't post when you do not know what you're talking about.

*If you haven't insulted my intelligence i wouldn't have bashed you. I was arguing logically with facts whereas you post some bullcrap out of nowhere(Again,Facebook, seriously???) and look down on other ppl.

Now I'm going to get an infraction cos' of you...************

BodMaster
09-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Goodbye thread, was nice knowing you while it lasted )';

Deathpunch
09-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Goodbye thread, was nice knowing you while it lasted )';

Come on, bod, did you really expect it to end any other way? I'm seriously surprised it lasted as long as it did.

-----

BodMaster
09-23-2012, 12:26 PM
Come on, bod, did you really expect it to end any other way? I'm seriously surprised it lasted as long as it did.

-----

Im sure comments like that could kill any thread xD

Surprised too, we did kinda get it back on track, and the funny thing is we wern't even making iOS sound bad "for the fun of it" just posting facts. Ive always give iOS props to what they are good for/at. In the end we all just want a device for our needs.

shadow90
09-24-2012, 06:15 AM
*fp*

Well, i did say the quote was from facebook.
Didn't quote that one did you?

shadow90
09-24-2012, 06:20 AM
So you're saying there is no direct (http) link to the research results that was posted on the net(that you quoted from)?

I mean...wait...you're still one of those dumb ppl who can't accept reality and chose to believe that Apple products are better than droid
when obviously it has been proven over time that Droid products are superior to it.

You got your results from Facebook?
Now who needs to get his IQ checked Smarta__!

*You know, your responses are really stupid(if you want to rebut me, at least post facts, not quote from "facebook") and i'll really appreciate it if you don't post when you do not know what you're talking about.

*If you haven't insulted my intelligence i wouldn't have bashed you. I was arguing logically with facts whereas you post some bullcrap out of nowhere(Again,Facebook, seriously???) and look down on other ppl.

Now I'm going to get an infraction cos' of you...************

Now here's the benchmarks that you wanted so badly.
http://www1.pcmag.com/media/images/359037-iphone-5-vs-android-chart.jpg?thumb=y
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2410034,00.asp

HunterSLAYER
09-24-2012, 07:38 AM
Now here's the benchmarks that you wanted so badly.
http://www1.pcmag.com/media/images/359037-iphone-5-vs-android-chart.jpg?thumb=y
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2410034,00.asp

You do know that the iPhone 5 hasn't completely beaten the S III right? Only in browser rendering speeds and if you take a look at the other benchmark results it still loses to the S III in other categories.

Also, a new Android powerhouse recently came out with benchmark results that are SIGNIFICANTLY better than the SIII(Lg Optimus G).

Wait till benchmark comparisons for both devuces are released before deciding whether idevice or droid is better.

P.s. The Panorama feature used in Apple's iOs 6 is copied from Android firmware(which had it years ago.)

shadow90
09-24-2012, 08:26 AM
You do know that the iPhone 5 hasn't completely beaten the S III right? Only in browser rendering speeds and if you take a look at the other benchmark results it still loses to the S III in other categories.

Also, a new Android powerhouse recently came out with benchmark results that are SIGNIFICANTLY better than the SIII(Lg Optimus G).

Wait till benchmark comparisons for both devuces are released before deciding whether idevice or droid is better.

P.s. The Panorama feature used in Apple's iOs 6 is copied from Android firmware(which had it years ago.)

Here's more:
http://www.redmondpie.com/iphone-5-performance-benchmarks-detailed-its-the-fastest-smartphone-available-today/

HunterSLAYER
09-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Here's more:
http://www.redmondpie.com/iphone-5-performance-benchmarks-detailed-its-the-fastest-smartphone-available-today/

Like i mentioned earlier, the Lg Optimus G was released recently and is the only phone to beat Sgs III by huge margins in benchmark results.

Till benchmark results are out for both phones, pls DO NOT post unrelated links cos' I've read some benchmark results myself(besides yours)and neither Sgs III nor the iPhone 5 completely trumps the other in terms of performance.

Don't make me report your post again nor request for lock. Seriously.

Non-devs like you really need to read up more before posting "arguments".

Slant
09-24-2012, 05:47 PM
dont see the point in comparing specs of a single device anyway, it's not like the specs of your own device matter in a cross platform, social or multi-player environment, once the app is fired up, it barely even matters
apple's decisions affect all phones, the average quality of all phones that support the particular app decides the experience of that app

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entry.php?40-Details-about-the-per-game-Platinum-decision

When we originally conceived of multiple game titles that share a single account, we also planned to have our in-game currency work across all of our games. We very much wanted this convenience for our players, and had every intention of carrying through on this. These systems are extremely popular and many gamers enjoy them in the PC and console gaming world through companies like Valve, Sony Online Entertainment, NCsoft, and many more. We thought that this was possible in the Mobile world as well.

While our second Legends app (Star Legends) was in the approval process across multiple storefronts, a specific platform’s App Store interpreted their terms of service to not allow this activity.
found this in the blogs section, example of how one store's decision affects all devices

Astrocat
09-24-2012, 06:57 PM
IB4L ? :( That was a nice thread.. :rolleyes:.

Jig
09-25-2012, 01:32 AM
You know what's also funny? Look in ever movies as shows they all use iPhones and another, all mobiles copied the iPhone, so they started getting the handle of it now they think they can be on top. Apple was actually successful and pretty sure the first best phone .. Tbh that bit I'm not 100% sure so for go of at me but that's what I think. If Steve jobs was still here they would hae a better chance at being on top. Didn't I hear somewhere apple made more money then google from just iPhones? Or am I confused with something.

KingFu
09-25-2012, 01:55 AM
You know what's also funny? Look in ever movies as shows they all use iPhones and another, all mobiles copied the iPhone, so they started getting the handle of it now they think they can be on top. Apple was first smartest best.. Admit it...

Lmao, you're seriously saying it's the best phone because some TV shows/movies use it as a prop? You do realize it's a means of advertising, right? They don't go "Wow, I think the iPhone is the best phone ever, so I'll have this character hold it in this scene". Also, if apple is the first, why did it take them 2 years to get a phone with 4G? Why do they still not have a phone with a quadcore processor? Why doesn't the new iPhone have 2 GBs of RAM like some phone's already have?

Smartest is a matter if opinion. No doubt they're a smart company, considering they recieved 2 million pre-orders within the first 24 hours on a product that isn't even close to groundbreaking... As for best...lol, do I even need to comment on that?

Jig
09-25-2012, 02:06 AM
Lmao, you're seriously saying it's the best phone because some TV shows/movies use it as a prop? You do realize it's a means of advertising, right? They don't go "Wow, I think the iPhone is the best phone ever, so I'll have this character hold it in this scene". Also, if apple is the first, why did it take them 2 years to get a phone with 4G? Why do they still not have a phone with a quadcore processor? Why doesn't the new iPhone have 2 GBs of RAM like some phone's already have?

Smartest is a matter if opinion. No doubt they're a smart company, considering they recieved 2 million pre-orders within the first 24 hours on a product that isn't even close to groundbreaking... As for best...lol, do I even need to comment on that?

Alright you got me there.. It's just. A lot more people use iPhones, what's the reason? Android has there smart ways iPhones have a couple of there smart ways I'm no smart guy about this stuff so sorry if inhale said stuff stupid bit it's true if the android is so good why do more people buy iPhones. And no not just because you see more people using as a prop on movies..

Otukura
09-25-2012, 02:10 AM
You know what's also funny? Look in ever movies as shows they all use iPhones

Apple pays hundreds of millions for them to do that.

Jig
09-25-2012, 02:16 AM
Apple pays hundreds of millions for them to do that.

Oh I'm sure they do ^_^

Jig
09-25-2012, 03:22 AM
I wonder what a couple of the devs use :P c'mon join in and share?!

HunterSLAYER
09-25-2012, 03:28 AM
Oh I'm sure they do ^_^

WRONG.
Apple's marketing strategy is pretty effective. They select their target markets carefully and know what their consumers want.

The Apple brand name itself significantly boosts sales of their products as it's well-known.

Jig
09-25-2012, 03:40 AM
WRONG.
Apple's marketing strategy is pretty effective. They select their target markets carefully and know what their consumers want.

The Apple brand name itself significantly boosts sales of their products as it's well-known.

So your saying that their "name" makes people buy their iPhones? Right that still doesn't make sense.

Ardon
09-25-2012, 05:32 AM
Who's idea was it to open an iphone fanboy thread?

Deathpunch
09-25-2012, 05:38 AM
Alright you got me there.. It's just. A lot more people use iPhones, what's the reason? Android has there smart ways iPhones have a couple of there smart ways I'm no smart guy about this stuff so sorry if inhale said stuff stupid bit it's true if the android is so good why do more people buy iPhones. And no not just because you see more people using as a prop on movies..

A lot more people use Apple compared to what? Blackberry? Windows phones? Not Android, that's for sure.

http://mashable.com/2012/09/05/android-52-percent/

I think their market share is even higher worldwide than it is in the US.

Edit: it is.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/08/08/technology/smartphone-market-share/index.html

So your saying that their "name" makes people buy their iPhones? Right that still doesn't make sense.

Yes, it does. That's why they spend hundreds of millions of dollars on marketing. A lot of people buy it because they think its a status symbol.

http://www.todaysiphone.com/2012/09/must-watch-everyone-say-hello-to-rachel-she-wants-the-apple-5/

This lady is clearly buying an iPhone 5 for... Um... I'm not sure why she is, to be honest.

-----

Jig
09-25-2012, 06:02 AM
A lot more people use Apple compared to what? Blackberry? Windows phones? Not Android, that's for sure.

http://mashable.com/2012/09/05/android-52-percent/

I think their market share is even higher worldwide than it is in the US.

Edit: it is.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/08/08/technology/smartphone-market-share/index.html

Yes, it does. That's why they spend hundreds of millions of dollars on marketing. A lot of people buy it because they think its a status symbol.

http://www.todaysiphone.com/2012/09/must-watch-everyone-say-hello-to-rachel-she-wants-the-apple-5/

This lady is clearly buying an iPhone 5 for... Um... I'm not sure why she is, to be honest.

-----

I knew some guy like you would come along and give me these links to here for proof a for there for more info, cool story bro, for Apple win win :-)

BodMaster
09-25-2012, 06:31 AM
Well, i did say the quote was from facebook.
Didn't quote that one did you?

Is this kid still kidding me?

1. I quoted "its in fb" that's where the *FP* come into it..

2. Does he not realise FB also has a web address... (might not show up on the app but it exsists..)

3. Facebook isn't a magic land that no one can get to, sorry to spoil your day.

4. Who in their right mind would care about what someone posted on FB? You still believe everything you read hu?

BodMaster
09-25-2012, 06:43 AM

Ohh believe me it makes a hella lot of sense, because it happens every time Apple release a by standard device.

Take 2nd Gen Touch 128RAM (8, 16, 32GB)

Release a brand new 3rd Gen 8GB everyone goes crazy and buys one to replace their 2nd Gen.. then realises Apple used the same processor and RAM etc as the 2nd Gen... (lmao)

On their official specs they remove 3rd Gen 8GB as if it never exsisted..

Apple do the trick all the time and people keep falling for it.

Jig
09-25-2012, 07:17 AM
Ohh believe me it makes a hella lot of sense, because it happens every time Apple release a by standard device.

Take 2nd Gen Touch 128RAM (8, 16, 32GB)

Release a brand new 3rd Gen 8GB everyone goes crazy and buys one to replace their 2nd Gen.. then realises Apple used the same processor and RAM etc as the 2nd Gen... (lmao)

On their official specs they remove 3rd Gen 8GB as if it never exsisted..

Apple do the trick all the time and people keep falling for it.
Well they may do that but they are still pretty dam good at what they do. What about the iMacs? iPad? iPad 3 was an alright jump my a BIGGGGG but not bad. There laptops are sweet who doesn't like them and what about the Tvs and computers ? They have a good future same as androids it's whatever's to your likings and I'm sure it's not just the trick that tricks them, people actually love the iPhone they don't b**** about oh no that android is a lol faster! Oh no it has like 2 mega pixels more then the iPhone! Dam the iPhone has a lot more to come soon you just wait. It's mostly the style an he iPhone has it.
Sorry if I'm blabbering stuff I can't think properly at night

BodMaster
09-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Well they may do that but they are still pretty dam good at they do. About the iMacs? iPad? iPad 3 was an alright jump my a BIGGGGG but not bad. There laptops are sweet who doesn't like them and what about the Tvs and computers ? They have a good future same as androids it's whatever's to your likings and I'm sure it's not just the trick that tricks them, people actually love the iPhone they don't b**** about oh no that android is a lol faster! Oh no it has like 2 mega pixels more then the iPhone! Dam the iPhone has a lot more to come soon you just wait. It's mostly the style an he iPhone has it.

Sorry if I'm blabbering stuff I can't think properly at night

No worries. All I've said here is iPhone used to be or once was a leading device. But to release something as poor as iPhone5 and expect to stay leading they have another thing coming.

HTC/Samsung already have better devices than this, including specs. Give it 6 months and they will not only be leading but close to quadruple the specs or further by the time Apple release iPhone5s or 6 we are talking 1-2 years time, an by then they will be falling behind even more than they are today.

Apple had a few things that were worth having one other companies have caught on an improved these now the margin can no longer be seen.

iDoubt they will be the next best "Gaming Device" until they catch up. (If they can that is)