Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The PL Community as a Whole Today

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Hey guys...You know, i truly enjoyed playing this game until 76 level cap.Developers always cared for their community, always made new updates like every two weeks. And updates were cool, not just some items or double damage weekends etc. PvP wasn't so balanced but oh well at least it wasn't so bad like it is right now. People never broke rules so much like now. When i go to towns i see constant spamming about these "Pl plats yola site blah blah" or constant inappropriate talk. I reported so many people like that and they still doing same stuff. Support.. support helped me a lot but they said no to many of my messages as well, and i didn't ask for something super cool like transfer my CoP to another character. It also takes a lot, like 3-5 days to get answer from support which is so long.In PvP everyone keep ruining others playing experience with constant spawning aka getting cheap kills to make their Kdr look "Pro". Other ton of people boosting or farming with bots, getting to leader boards easily and get nothing as well. PvP is just so boring right now - as i said before its just luck fights. And PvP ruined at 10-35 with forgotten bows as people say and at 65-76 as well because of luck factor.Developers should always remember how they became so successful and rich - PL helped them to make all of these games and become TOP developer company.
    Last edited by Spectre; 08-21-2013 at 03:01 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Spectre For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    Good points, however I think you should remove some people's names if they haven't given consent for their name to be posted here. I feel like all that posting their names on here will do is put a target on them, which no one wants.
    My name can stay. People can target me if they want, but those who know me know what I stand for. My stances have always been factually based and respectful through agreement or disagreement. I, like many others, have the right as a paying customer to state my opinion. Yes, they need to be carefully thought out and constructive, but I am a consumer and should be heard as well as responded to. For those who don't like me for my opinions or views because I stand for what is right, as Ellyidol use to say, "Haters gonna hate."

As for the purpose of the thread, thank you Will for comprising all the quotes into one thread.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Thank you guys so much. My intention was that any name I have included should feel as if they have nothing to worry about - the people I mentioned I consider leaders in the PL community, and you should truly feel no harm with me posting what you have mentioned.

However, if anyone has any issues with them, feel free to PM me and I'll remove yours. Thanks.

Just try to not to be disrespectful in any way towards STS. I just needed some sort of thread to represent how the entire community feels - a way in which we can all connect. Do I expect STS to do something about this? Of course not, we must respect their roadmap for their other games and what they have planned. PL is just the least of their concerns, and that's alright. It's the process of business and life.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 08-17-2013 at 07:49 AM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Wow Ghost... this is thread is just awesome. It shows almost all player's feel, with only some citations. I don't think StS will care about this, but I have some hopes that it'll make StS move.
    I totally agree with Flacs. StS forgot due to wich game they are here now. And forgot that community always suported them with constructive feedbacks, buy plats and promote games with other people.
    Bang Bang I shot you down
    Bang Bang you hit the ground
    Bang Bang that awful sound
    Bang Bang I used to shoot you down -Nancy Sinatra

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Gj, will made me cry for a sec. GJGJ! As some people say, Forget the past look throught the bright future, Apparently its the opposite for this game.. I miss the good ole days when sts use to recover my char in 1hour.. This game have been Best mmo I have played, best community, Best friends.. Wish sts still makes updates to make all people come back. Once more thanks for the thread, will.
    Last edited by Extreme; 08-17-2013 at 08:17 AM.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Extreme For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Gj, will made me cry for a sec. GJGJ! As some people say, Forget the past look throught the bright future, Apparently its the opposite for this game.. I miss the good ole days when sts use to recover my char in 1hour.. This game have been Best mmo I have played, best community, Best friends.. Wish sts still makes updates to make all people come back. Once more thanks for the thread, will.
    Glad I could help

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Thx Will for making this thread, I hope STG would finally recognize us with this thread.

At the very moment STG announces a new game, I will be out.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default The PL Community as a Whole Today

If they give attention to all games they will have more happy customers and more $$$. Unfortunately that's not the case they just ignore the game. When they had sl and dl all the games were update equally now it's just them updating al its just totally the not right thing to do I've never seen a gaming company do this. For example wizard 101,they made pirates 101 I don't play any of these games but I'm pretty sure they both get updated fairly. I hope stg doesn't ignore this thread and does the right thing update their games. I'm just tired of their excuses of al having more downloads,that means you don't update pl for that occasion. I just don't understand how this company is treating a customer who joined early June 2011 plus all the people who joined way before me and after me.Ive payed money on this game because I enjoyed the game at that time.Now im not spending any cash because I'm not seeing any attention go to the game. I hope this thread isn't ignored,please don't ignore your first games players.Without this game you guys would be nowhere.Also thank you ghost for making this thread you made me express my feelings .

-Lakersrockftw 76 bird
    Last edited by lakersrockftw; 08-17-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Maybe if we all stopped buying plat, they might add some content :P... But then we run the risk that they shut down the game completely if they sense no revenue coming in from it o_O...

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleleg View Post
    Maybe if we all stopped buying plat, they might add some content :P... But then we run the risk that they shut down the game completely if they sense no revenue coming in from it o_O...
    I don't think we want the server going down 0_o.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noodleleg View Post
    This same question was asked in SL, a rant started, and a couple users got banned..

~| SL: Sheriff - Burglar - Aracnus - Twink | PL: Excruciate | DL: Aracnus - Alarm | AL: Sacred - Slug |~

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Aracnus For This Useful Post:

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Very nice thread, we love to communicate when opinions are presented like this. A couple of things to consider:

We built PL, it has our hearts and souls in it. Many of the NPCs are named after our family (my kids are in there too). We love this game as much, if not more than you do. It is, quite literally, our baby.

When you generalize your discontent by saying: "Everyone feel this way" it loses some impact. We get that you may feel this way, and that several people may feel this way, but there is a concept known as the "vocal minority". We hear and respect you, but you don't speak for everyone.

When you demand answers, and get an answer that you don't like, please don't be angry at us for our honesty. I told you there is no cap on PL's horizon because I don't want to lead you on. This is not disrespectful towards you. This is not a unique situation for Spacetime. Every game has its fans, and those fans want THEIR games to be expanded. But we have 10x the number of players in AL that we do in PL. And we hope to have more in our Battle games.

When you threaten to leave if we don't do something, or if we announce a new game, your feedback loses impact as well. We are a company trying to survive in an extremely unstable and challenging environment. We will continue to announce new games. We will also look for ways to continue to support the games we have out now.

All companies need to grow to survive, especially in Mobile. If we did NOT take the path we are on, than you would not have ANY of these games to play, because we would surely be out of business.

So we will continue to run these games that we all love so much, and we will continue to try and fix things you don't like and expand on the things that you do. And we will continue to bring you new things so that we can continue running the older things.

Thank you for your feedback.

Best,

- g
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

19. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We built PL, it has our hearts and souls in it. Many of the NPCs are named after our family (my kids are in there too). We love this game as much, if not more than you do. It is, quite literally, our baby.
    But you gotta nurture your baby xD! You can't just leave it alone... Because as any parent should know, don't look after them and they become spoiled and rotten... -cough cough pvp Naabes-

Neglect a child (PL, SL, DL, AL, and BD) and they become this way! So... What I'm trying to say is... Your babies (these StG games) are feeling a bit neglected ... Distribute your attention equally and all your family's happy !

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Noodleleg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

But Gary I understand you have 10x players in al and I respect that. Why can't you guys update pl a couple times. I don't see why we should not get an update or anything.Still thank you for replying which makes me not feel that ignored anymore .

-lakersrockftw
    Last edited by lakersrockftw; 08-17-2013 at 10:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Very nice thread, we love to communicate when opinions are presented like this. A couple of things to consider:

When you generalize your discontent by saying: "Everyone feel this way" it loses some impact. We get that you may feel this way, and that several people may feel this way, but there is a concept known as the "vocal minority". We hear and respect you, but you don't speak for everyone.

When you demand answers, and get an answer that you don't like, please don't be angry at us for our honesty. I told you there is no cap on PL's horizon because I don't want to lead you on. This is not disrespectful towards you. This is not a unique situation for Spacetime. Every game has its fans, and those fans want THEIR games to be expanded. But we have 10x the number of players in AL that we do in PL. And we hope to have more in our Battle games.

When you threaten to leave if we don't do something, or if we announce a new game, your feedback loses impact as well. We are a company trying to survive in an extremely unstable and challenging environment. We will continue to announce new games. We will also look for ways to continue to support the games we have out now.

All companies need to grow to survive, especially in Mobile. If we did NOT take the path we are on, than you would not have ANY of these games to play, because we would surely be out of business.

So we will continue to run these games that we all love so much, and we will continue to try and fix things you don't like and expand on the things that you do. And we will continue to bring you new things so that we can continue running the older things.

Best,

- g
    Thank you for the response JustG, it's really appreciated.

You caught me on where I said "everyone feels this way" - I agree with your statement. It was my intention to cover a vast majority of players, obviously not every individual being here. But to reassure the idea, I do speak for a large majority of players. I know I do. I've never been part of a game where players actually PM in game asking for when new updates come will happen because they have a sense of trust in me - they have this sense of trust simply because STS has built and structured such an astounding community. We are very grateful for it.

We will never be mad you for honesty. Don't take it personally, JustG. Humans can't help what they feel, and "most" of our feelings side toward the fact that we've been loyal and nothing has been done to the game. We can't control our feelings entirely, but we can do our best to adjust. However, the fact that you responded to this thread really means alot to myself, and the community. I think this is the kind of thing we need more - PL used to have really close connections with the company. Heck, I remember when Mitch (AbsolutePally) had lunch with Sam to talk about PvP related things! That's incredible, and shows how much us players cared, as much as you guys did.

Again, "most" players feel like this because we're heading on to an entire year without updates. At the beginning, you guys did promise us PvP updates and new content - obviously that was never granted. I suppose the fact of the matter is that you guys decided to tell us very late that changes would not be made; as if we were some sort of guests on a waiting list that seemed to never end, and we've finally been told the negative news. The game was left with many bugs and issues and many suggestions that players wished to fix/implement. But if STS is TRULY sincere about the community, then I honestly believe a bigger approach to connecting with your community needs to be taken.

Thank you for the response once again. We appreciate it.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 08-17-2013 at 10:47 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

I reiterate my earlier comment. I appreciate your engaging in this conversation and not just locking it up G.
    Edit: so I guess my question is, has the games you have developed become more than your team can handle? Could that be the reason for the lack of updates ?
    Last edited by Oldcoot; 08-17-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

"Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..."

While i read this thread i was thinking of ways to more or less, "revive," the PL community. I thought alot about the GOA, contests ect.
    I had an idea that may work. (I'm crazy)
    Community shields and titles. What if STS randomly gave them out to players who truly deserved them. Imagine if STS took the GOA shield and recolored it to look green instead of red. This may be for those who have donated alot of time to catalog items ect (yanis). Or maybe give feedback.
    I was just compelled to share my idea, but go ahead tell me why it wouldn't work hehe. >.<

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Here are a few responses, Gary:

1. Yes, the forums are a minority of any Legends community. However, the length of this cap is frustrating everyone, and that is not a stretch. More and more players are reaching the cap faster because of stacking abilities and when our quests (outside of cyber) do not grant a lot of usable items and/or gold/exp, boredom settles in... quickly.

2. When boredom settles in, players leave. When boredom settles in, players troll, find ways to scam, ruin PvP. These individuals are looking for that next "thrill." The numbers may be 10x larger in AL, but those numbers are skewed because of lack of content updates in PL have driven people to quit or leave for other games, whether that be within the STS/G family or other companies. Just by simply introducing Foxes and Rhino's, the update brought back an explosion of players. However, with no new playing content, once the classes are capped, or reach certain twink levels, boredom comes back, players leave again.

3. Simple changes. There have been numerous "simple suggestions" which have been made where if they were implemented, new content would not be needed and the community would feel more content. Spawn zone barriers, vanity overlap fixes, and a few others, are fixes where it shows we are being listened to, you SHOW the love is still there, and I would argue this would be enough to bring back the oldies and would indeed rival AL in numbers.

Your response is something that if we received more of, would ease the anxiety and frustration seen on the forums. I actually believe you when you say PL is "your baby." However, I don't feel that from the rest of the STS/G staff. Just as you say we cannot speak for the entire PL community, the same can be said about your statement applying to the entire STS/G staff. Even after SL and DL, TechnoEmail made us feel new and exciting things were around the corner. After Humania, it is like she has disappeared. Alex has always been supportive of our PvP tourneys but recently has had nothing to do with us. I have multiple pm's I have sent him where there was never a response. It was nit until Bilaxman's tourney started did we see Delphina state we could get STS/G support by simply emailing her. The previous frustration could have been averted by a simple post or email response stating she was the point of contact now months ago.

To close this post, I appreciate the response. It is a hard pill to swallow when those of us who do post on this a lot, see a lack of response. But please take into consideration just as you consider this your baby, the same applies to us. Many of us have made wonderful relationships from just this game and some of those relationships get lost when we don't receive the attention towards the game.

Thank you.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Best,

- g

Thank you for your honesty.

I completely understand you need revenue and profits to survive. I am sure most players do.

But honestly, has PL not brought in enough revenue since last October 2012 to cover the cost to implement anti spawning mechanisms, balance PVP to keep ppl interested until the new content can be made? I alone have bought 20k plat on PL on my main account since last cap and I am only one person.

I think a large amount of ppl feel. The money they spend on PL has been invested in other games and not used to update PL. To a lot of us, PL is our home. We all play for different reason but we all play because it fulfils something in us. We support STS and just don't want to continue to be neglected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Exactly