Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default The Complete Pocket Legends Quest Guide

Introduction:
    This guide is an updated version of the quest guides for completing quests in Pocket Legends. I took the guides that Whirlzap and Ayrilana made, added them together, and made changes to update the guides and fix any mistakes that I noticed. Before each section, I list the number of quests, recommended level, and notes for that campaign. The recommended level is just the level range that it says on the world map, sometimes the quests are best done at a different level, even if you don't gain experience. At the very end, there is also a section called "Credits" where I tell the author of each guide and provide links to the original guides on the Pocket Legends Forums. I also list the changes that I made to each person's guide in the "Changes" section. I am currently working on adding the NPC Dialogue and reward list for all of Ayriliana's quests, as well as listing who you have to turn each quest in to. My most recent addition was adding hyperlinks to certain items on the website. If an item listed in the reward list is underlined, you can click on it to take you to a picture of the item along with the item's stats. All pictures are from my characters unless otherwise listed in the Credits. This is an unfinished guide, so there will be changes as it is being completed.

Ayrilana's Introduction:
    I created this guide to serve as an aid to those who are doing quests and want the extra help. I deliberately kept this simple which is why you won't see a detailed walkthrough, rewards, and so on. Most of the quests are simple enough that detailed help won't really be necessary. I'm sure someone is currently in the process of making one though.

There are some general tips that will help in doing quests.

Quite a few quests have a level requirement. Cyber quests and quests referring you to another campaign are a few examples.
    Some quests have prerequisite quests that require a quest or multiple quests to be completed in order for it to become available. Daily quests in Balefort Sewers is an example of this.
    If you get stuck, the quest log often gives help. If you have no quests in the log, it'll give you a hint towards the next quest. It will normally give you hints towards the earlier quests that are not completed. A common example is for the Frozen Nightmares Elite quests. If you're looking for Alien Oasis quest hints, you'll be stuck with hints for the Frozen Nightmare quests until you complete them.
    The majority of quests have a "GO TO" button in the quest log. This will generally take you to where you need to go. This isn't saying it's the best place though. There could be a better place to go if you have a quest that asks for X amount of a particular item, for example.

I also created a website for the guide which can be found at: Pocket Legends Quest Guide. The website has a different design and separates the different sections of the guide into different web pages to allow for easier viewing. The website has hyperlinks for the reward items which will take you to a picture of the item. In the picture, you can see what the item looks like as well as the stats of the item.

How to Use:
    You can use "ctrl+F" or "Command+F" to open up the finder. Type in the letters listed next to the campaign you want to go to, and the screen will jump down to that section.
    Quest: Name of the Quest
    Given By: The name of the NPC who gives the quest as well as their location
    Complete with: The name of the NPC who you complete the quest with as well as their location
    NPC Beginning Message: The dialogue that the NPC says when you first click on the quest
    NPC Ending Message: The dialogue that the NPC says when you turn in the quest
    Description: The quest info that comes up when you click on the quest in the quests tab
    Rewards: The rewards for completing the quest (These can be click on the website for pictures and stats of the item)
    Notes: Anything that Ayrilana, Whirlzap, or myself wanted to say about the quest

Changes:
    Changes to Ayrilana's Guide:
    I made some slight adjustments to Ayrilana's guide such as changes to font, text size, and text color. I also changed the way that she listed the quest giver's name to make individual quests easier to find. I fixed some minor errors that I noticed were incorrect. Another change I made was adding the recommended level for each dungeon at the top of the page as well as listing the number of quests in that area (Ayrilana originally only did that for Forest Haven). I also made the swamps two separate campaigns and I separated frozen nightmare from the lost expedition. I have added what each NPC says when you accept the quest and when you turn it in and the rewards for every single quest. I also remade lots of the Forest Haven stuff because a lot of it changed. The newest Change that I made was adding hyperlinks to all of the items given as rewards for quests. Click on any item with a line underneath it to go to a picture of the item that also lists the item's stats.
    Changes to Whirlzap's Guide:
    Whirlzap's guide was basically just copied and pasted word for word. I did make some changes like adjusting the font, text size, and text color to fit the current format. Whirlzap originally had NPC Description which I split into NPC Beginning Message and NPC Ending Message. I made the same slight adjustments to Whirlzap's guide that I made to Ayrilana's guide. The biggest change was the hyperlinks on the website which were explained in the changes to Ayrilana's guide.

Finder Shortcuts:
    Forest Haven- [FHQS]
    Dark Forest- [DFQS]
    Balefort Castle- [BCQS]
    Wyldwood- [WQS]
    Fathom Crypt- [FCQS]
    Sandstone Cave- [SCQS]
    Lost Expedition- [LEQS]
    Frozen Nightmare- [FNQS]
    Ancient Swamp- [ASQS]
    Swamp Croc Feud- [SCFQS]
    Alien Oasis- [AOQS]
    Balefort Sewers- [BSQS]
    Nuri's Hallows- [NHQS]
    Mount Fang- [MFQS]
    Humania- [HQS]
    Blacksmoke Mountain- [BMQS]

Forest Haven [FHQS]
    Number of Quests: 14
    Recommended Level: 1-10
    Notes: Daily quests don't count towards total except for the very first one.

Quest: "Mighty Meathead"
    Given by: Smith (Chapter 1)
    Complete With: Sheriff (Forest Haven)
    NPC Beginning Message: Smith: "A giant zombie is blocking the path to towne. I'm scared stiff, but my crew of merchants forged ahead. If you can defeat MEATHEAD and get to TOWNE, you must alert the SHERIFF of our peril!"
    NPC Ending Message: Sheriff: "Zombie infested trade routes, eh? I'll get a rescue team out together. Thanks, stranger!"
    Description: Defeat MEATHEAD
    Rewards: 20 gold
    Notes: Just travel to the end of chapter 1 and defeat MEATHEAD

Quest: 'Rescue Hawken"
    Given by: Smith Jr. (Chapter 1)
    Complete with: Hawken (Chapter 2)
    NPC Beginning Message: Smith Jr.: "Silknight kidnapped my bff, HAWKEN!! I know he's alive. You have to save him!!"
    NPC Ending Message: Hawken: "My species was not meant for cages! Silknight is one sick witch! Thanks for saving me!"
    Description: Find Hawken, to complete your quest
    Notes: Shortly after starting chapter 2, you will see Hawken in a cage in the first turn. Talk to him to complete.

Quest: "Daily Blessing"
    Given by: Bishop Bill (Chapter 2)
    Complete with: Bishop Bill (Chapter 2)
    NPC Beginning Message: Bishop Bill: "The Elf Queen has an award for you! Her Highness has requeste that you navigate to the Avatar Page through the Menu to accept your Daily Blessing. There's just one catch- you can't be late!"
    NPC Ending Message: Bishop Bill: "Hey! Are you ready to cash in? Visit her again in exactly 24 hours for a chance at gold, stacking elixirs and unique items!"
    Description: N/A Once you click accept, even if you leave the daily blessing window, the clock automatically starts.
    Rewards: 500 gold and choose from: Killer's Forest Crossbow, Ursan Emerald Axe, Wizard's Flaming Fireblaster
    Notes: N/A

Quest: "Zombie Bash"
    Given by: Graveyard Louie (Chapter 3)
    Complete with: Graveyard Louie (Chapter 3)
    NPC Beginning Message: Graveyard Louie: "We're completely surrounded!! You must take arms, adventurer. Help me slay these toxic beasts!"
    NPC Ending Message: Graveyard Louie: "Thank you for your help, adventurer! The graveyard is a safer place now. Here is some coin for your trouble."
    Description: Kill zombies!!
    Rewards: 30 gold
    Notes: Just kill at least 5 zombies right in front of Graveyard Louie

Quest:"Making Bank"
    Given by: Sheriff (Forest Haven)
    Complete with: Amira (Forest Haven)
    NPC Beginning Message: Sheriff: "One day you may find yourself with more loot that you can carry. When that day comes, Amira will help you store extra items. Why don't you go introduce yourself to her?"
    NPC Ending Message: Amira: "Welcome to the First Stash of Forest Haven- the least zombie-infested banking institution in Alterra! Once you reach level 4, you can store your extra items with me."
    Description: Talk to Amira in towne, to complete your quest
    Rewards: 15 gold
    Notes: Talk to Amira

Quest: “Hawken’s Wares”
    Given by: Hawken (Chapter 2)
    Complete with: Ellie (Forest Haven)
    NPC Beginning Message: Hawken: "Zombie's have stolen my wares! Break open CHESTS to find my wares. Then, deliver them to ELLIE in the Forest Haven towne."
    NPC Ending Message: Ellie: "Zombies stole Hawken's wares? No way! Well, I'n glad you found them, My customers are dying for some new stuff."
    Description: Recover stolen wares
    Notes: After you get the wares, return to Ellie in town to complete the quest

Quest: “Bird in the Bush”
    Given by: Bennu the Trader (Forest Haven)
    Complete with: Graveyard Louie (Chapter 3)
    NPC Beginning Message: Bennu: "Can you find my friend Graveyard Louie? I worry that Silknight has claimed another victim? Could it be?! Please say it ain't so..."
    NPC Ending Message: Graveyard Louie: "Are you kidding me? I'm just fine! Don't let my pal Bennu get you all spun-up for nothing. That said... there are some things to fear in this wood"
    Description: Find Graveyard Louie, to complete your quest
    Rewards: 15 gold
    Notes: He’s in Chapter 3 about halfway through the map. Speak to him and return to the Sheriff to complete the quest.

Quest: “Peace in the Afterlife”
    Given by: Graveyard Louie (Chapter 3)
    Complete with: Dak (Chapter 4)
    NPC Beginning Message: Graveyard Louie: "Listen, friend- if you're heading to Forest Haven, you're gonna deal with the wretched MEAT KEEPER... just like my pal Dak. If you make it past the Keeper, tell Dak that I'm okay. Okay?"
    NPC Ending Message: Dak: "Ah! So you made it past Meathead Keeper, eh? Good work! Daria and I managed to slip past when he summoned his minions..."
    Description: Destroy Meat Keeper!!
    Notes: He’s just up ahead. Defeat him and return to Ellie to complete quest

Quest: "Torch Light"
    Given by: Dak (Chapter 4)
    Complete with: Daria (Chapter 4)
    NPC Beginning Message: Dak: "The torches inside the Mausoleum must be lit to keep away evil spirits. My fiancee Daria ran into the Mausoleum without lighting the torches! She could be doomed!! Will you help her please?"
    NPS Ending Message: Daria: "Dak sent you? Yeah, great guy. I'll be sure to get back in touch with him as soon as I'm done exploring this creepy Mausoleum!!
    Description: Light the torches in the Mausoleum"
    Rewards: 25 gold
    Notes: Light the two torches in the dungeon. Tap on them to light them

Quest: "The Fire Bear"
    Given by: Daria (Chapter 4)
    NPC Beginning Message: Daria: "The Ursan Fire Minion in the next room was once a pupil of Ellie from Forest Haven. Defeat him and take his magical weapon back to her!"
    NPC Ending Message: Ellie: "Oh! I know this weapon... it smells of death, but I'll freshen it up with some frog's blood and turpentine. Thanks, friend!
    Description: Defeat the Fiery Ursan Minion"
    Rewards: 45 gold
    Notes: Enter the room and kill the Ursan Fire Minion. You can tap on the torches to kill the Silknight shadows that keep respawning

Quest: “Balance of Nature”
    Given by: Klutch (Chapter 5)
    Complete with: Sheriff (Forest Haven)
    NPC Beginning Message: Klutch: "Silknight stole Forest Haven's Orb of Nature! She's using it's power to over our trade routes. Defeat her. Take the orbs and report to the Sheriff in Forest Haven towne."
    NPC Ending Message: Sheriff: "Rejoice! Forest Haven will suffer no longer! You have returned the Orb of Nature and restored balance to our village. Please take this reward as our 'thanks.'"
    Description: Retrieve Orb of Nature from Silknight
    Rewards: 45 gold
    Notes: Go to Chapter 5 and defeat her. Return to Sheriff after to complete quest.

Quest: “Ring of Fire”
    Given by: Gobi (Chapter 2)
    Complete with: Sheriff (Forest Haven)
    NPC Beginning Message: Gobi: "The Sheriff of Forest Haven has put a bounty on two fiery creatures that have been terrorizing this area! Take them out and earn your reward from the Sheriff in towne!"
    NPC Ending Message: Sheriff: "Oh! I see! Well done, my friend. You defeated Silknight's fiery minions and saved the forest from certain doom. You are a true hero!"
    Description: Defeat Silknight’s fiery minions duo
    Rewards: 60 gold
    Notes: Go to chapter two and go to the end of the map. You must defeat both fiery minion.

Quest: "Bone Collector"
    Given by: Bayer the Mystic (Forest Haven)
    Complete with:
    NPC Beginning Message: Bayer: "The road to Dark Forest is teeming with the undead! You know... I'd pay good money for some of those UNDEAD BONE FRAGMETS. CAn you help me out?"
    NPC Ending Message: Bayer: "This is one of the finest collection of undead bone fragments I've ever laid eyes on! I have been chomping at the bit for some good bone fragments as of late. My customers will be very pleased. Here's your payment."
    Description: Collect fragments from the Undead!
    Rewards: 40 gold
    Notes: Go to the road to Dark Forest and kill zombies and skeletons. Both will drop the fragments the majority of the time.

Daily Crafting Quests:

General Note: I would recommend doing all of these quests except mercenary quests on the road to Dark Forest. It has all enemy types need and all enemies respawn. The Skeleton Cult Crypts have more trolls, but it is easier to do it on the road to Dark Forest because you can get multiple crafting quests done there.

Quest: "Crafting Time"
    Given by: Burke the Blacksmith (Forest Haven)
    Complete with: Burke the Blacksmith (Forest Haven)
    NPC Beginning Message: Burke: "Zhara and Ozz were good enough to help me get set up here... but I have misplaced the paperwork I need to run a FORGE in the middle of towne! Will you recover these papers for me? Zombies got 'em... I'm sure of it."
    NPC Ending Message: Burke: "Now CHOOSE CAREFULLY! Pick (1) of the RECIPES. In addition, I will give you (3) items that will be used by the recipe you choose. You can then create a NEW ITEM using the recipe."
    Description: Collect paperwork from Zombies on the road to Dark Forest!
    Rewards: 25 gold Scrap of Cloth, Scrap of Leather, Chain Scrap and choose from: RECIPE: Archer's Hat, RECIPE: Mage's Hat, RECIPE: Warrior's Hat
    Notes: Chapter 1 is a good place This must be done first to unlock his other quests. This is not repeatable.

Quest: "Dead Threads"
    NPC Beginning Message: Burke: "Ya know- the zombies here in Forest Haven are wearing some really tough cloth! If you gather enough samples for me I can string 'em together... The results will be a few cloth scraps that you can use in crafting! What do you say?"
    NPC Ending Message: Burke: "Well done! Now let me just weave these clumps of zombie cloth together... Ah... Uh... huh... *Bam* Here's a couple of nice cloth components for ya!"
    Description: Collect cloth from zombies on the road to Dark Forest!
    Rewards: Scrap of Cloth x2
    Notes: You can collect enough in two run in Chapter 1

Quest: "Da Crafting Code"
    NPC Beginning Message: Burke: "The late 'Make-Master Ming' wrote a recipe book eons ago... The only copy ever to exist was LOST somewhere deep in the crypts! Recover a portion of the book and I will provide you with these fine supplies:"
    NPC Ending Message: Burke: "Looks like you've recovered a complete chapter of Ming's ancient crafting diary! It's coded... some sort of strange symbols... never seen them before. Oh! Here. Before I forget:"
    Description: Recover pages from Skeletons on the road to Dark Forest!
    Rewards: Chain Scrap, Scrap of Cloth, Scrap of Leather
    Notes: Go to The road to Dark Forest

Quest: "Lucky Leather"
    NPC Beginning Message: Burke: "Rogue archers are a superstitious bunch. Never caught without their 'lucky leather.' You collect some crafting bits from those no-good killers and I'll set you up with these:"
    NPC Ending Message: Burke: "Nice! Can't stand those rogues. Specially rogue ARCHERS! Hate 'em. On my way to towne one blasted me and knocked me out before I could even get close enough for a fair fight!"
    Description: Collect 'lucky leather' scraps from Rogue Mercenaries
    Rewards: Scrap of Leather x2
    Notes: Go to The Skeleton Cult Crypts

Quest: "Obvious Troll"
    NPC Beginning Message: Burke: "Certain Trolls in Forest Haven carry SCROLLS with then that contain long-forgotten item recipes! (Though most are just long-winded immature insults intended to bait and frustrate the forest realm."
    NPC Ending Message: Burke: "Oh! Yeah! Nice collection of Troll Scrolls, my friend! ... oh... this one's a gem! Very nice. Now here... it is in honor to present you with these fine assests
    Description: Recover scrolls from Trolls in Forest Haven
    Rewards: choose from Chain Scrap, Scrap of Cloth, Scrap of Leather
    Notes: Go to The Skeleton Cult Crypts or road to Dark Forest

Quest: "Weak Links"
    NPC Beginning Message: Burke: "Some of the Zombies on the road to Dark Forest seem to be wearing scraps of ancient 'chain link' armor. Can you recover some of these pieces for me?"
    NPC Ending Message: Burke: "Well done, my friend! These chain pieces are in pretty good condition. They combine to make a fine set of useful components. Here you go:"
    Description: Collect Chain Links from Zombies on the road.
    Rewards: Chain Scrap x2
    Notes: Go to the road to Dark Forest

Quest: "My Plate is Empty"
    NPC Beginning Message: Burke: "Some of the Zombies and Skeletons on the road to Dark Forest are rumored to be carrying ancient 'iron plat' pieces. Can you find some for me?"
    NPC Ending Message: Burke: "Nicely done, you recovered all of the plate pieces I asked you to bring me! Putting them together makes a couple of useful crafting components. Here you go:"
    Description: Collect 'iron plates' on the road to Dark Forest
    Rewards: Plate Scrap x2
    Notes: Go to The road to Dark Forest

Quest: "Krystal's Skull"
    NPC Beginning Message: Burke: "I hear reports that Silknight's second in-command, a witch named 'Krystal,' has been seen on the road to Dark Forest. She must be found and she must be stopped!!"
    NPC Ending Message: Burke: "Look at that! You;ve found Krystal's power-skull! I can see that it holds all sorts of secrets! Thank you! Please, take you reward:"
    Description: Find 'Krystal' on the road to Dark Forest
    Rewards: Plate Scrap and choose from: Chain Scrap, Scrap of Cloth, Scrap of Leather
    Notes: Find and kill her on the road to Dark Forest

Dark Forest [DFQS]

Number of Quests: 13
    Recommended Level: 10-15

Ellie:

Quest: “The Dark Forest”
    Given by: Ellie (Forest Haven)
    Complete with: Selene (Dark Forest)
    NPC Beginning Message: Ellie: "Evil warlords, once banisheed by the Elfguard, are now working their way back into positions of power throughout the land! They must be stopped. But, we can't do it without help. If you are wiling... go talk to SELENE in the DARK FOREST. Tell her you will aid our fight!
    NPC Ending Message: Selene: "Welcome to the Dark Forest, my friend. You must thank Ellie for me when you see her again... we are in desparate need of able-bodied fighters! The villages of Dark Forest are in jeopardy- surrounded by evil on all-sides."
    Description: Talk to Selene to complete you quest
    Rewards: 50 gold
    Notes: There’s likely a level requirement for this one and it’s a bit odd that it’s given in Forest Haven yet counts towards Dark Forest.

Raol:

Quest: “Silknight the Sorceress”
    Given by: Raol (Dark Forest)
    Complete with: Raol (Dark Forest)
    NPC Beginning Message: Raol: "She used to be one of the good-guys... now she's one of the worst! 'Silknight' out of the Dark Forest and collect a 100 gold bounty!"
    NPC Ending Message: Raol: "Good work! Hard to tell if you'll ever see these sorcerer-types again. My guess is 'Silknight' will be back. Here is your reward..."
    Description: Defeat SILKNIGHT in Dark Forest Chapter 1
    Rewards: 100 gold and choose from: Simple Club of Power, Firebolt Staff, Iron Sword
    Notes: Go to Chapter 1 and defeat Silknight

Quest: “Lowell the Troll”
    NPC Beginning Message: Raol: "The Forest mercenaries enlisted the biggest, baddest troll they could convince to fight for them... and he brought all his friends to help. Defeat Lowell for 200 gold pieces."
    NPC Ending Message: Raol: "Like they say: 'The greener they are... the harder they are to see in amongst the green stuff...' Good job taking out Lowell- for the moment."
    Description: Defeat LOWELL in Dark Forest Chapter 2
    Rewards: 200 gold and choose from: Blue Mage Garb of Wisdom, Red Leather Armor of Dexterity, Spiked Club of Power
    Notes: Go to Chapter 2 and defeat Lowell

Quest: “Troll Skin Rugs”
    NPC Beginning Message: Raol: "Oz the Merchant is buying troll skins. His wife sews rugs (or something) and they're all the rage with the Elven Council. So... collect 5 for 500 gold!"
    NPC Ending Message: Raol: "Nice! These troll skins are in excellent condition... for troll skins, obviously. Not sure who would want a troll rug but whatever."
    Description: Defeat TROLLS to collect 5 Troll Skins!
    Rewards: 500 gold and choose from: Pirate's Platinum Bow, Elf Guard's Platinum Axe, Redfang's Forest Chain
    Notes: I found Chapter 5 to work best, but the other chapters work too.

Selene:

Quest: “The Spike Club”
    Given by: Selene (Dark Forest)
    NPC Beginning Message: Selene: "The brigands I fear the most are the ones bearing the giant spiked clubs! Defeat (8) of them to make the forest a safer place."
    NPC Ending Message: Selene: "Perhaps now the forest can return to its peaceful past. The denizens of the forest realm salute you!
    Description: Defeat 8 Rogues armed with clubs
    Rewards: 50 gold Jester's Green Robes and choose from: Hero's Fighting Cap, Jester's Mage Hat, Robber's Archery Cap
    Notes: Any Dark forest map will work. It saves time if you do this with one of the boss quests.

Quest: “The Cutthroats!”
    NPC Beginning Message: Selene: "The mercenaries that bear the black blade... Cutthroats! there is a bounty of 100 gold for defeating a dozen of them. Sounds interesting?"
    NPC Ending Message: Selene: "Fake knights take heed! A hew hero has arisen! The citizens of the Dark Forest are in your debt..."
    Description: Defeat 12 Rogue Cutthroats!
    Rewards: 100 gold and choose from: Redfang's Forest Chain, Robber's Green Leathers, Student's Forest Fire Staff

Quest: “Rogue Archers!”
    NPC Beginning Message: Selene: "You made such quick work of the Cutthroats- perhaps you would be interested in another bounty? Defeat a dozen rogue archers for 200 gold pieces..."
    NPC Ending Message: Selene: "Mercenries are breaking ranks and running back to their despicable homes... far away, I might add... thanks to you. Please accept your reward!"
    Description: Defeat 12 Rogue Archers!
    Rewards: 200 gold and choose from: Battle Sword of Strength, Talon Spike of Dexterity, Firebolt Staff of Smarts

Quest: “The King of Bling”
    NPC Beginning Message: Selene: "It is unlikely we will withstand the current of the evil mercenaries until we see their leader defeated! We know him as the 'King of Bling'- a terrible gold0hungry monster who's evil knows no bounds!"
    NPC Ending Message: Selene: "Without their benefactor the evil mercenary knights will disperse from the forest in search of some other meal-ticket! Good show, friend."
    Description: Defeat the King of Bling in Dark Forest Chapter 5.
    Rewards: 300 gold Thinker's Red Cloak and choose from: Forest Bow of Dexterity, Avenger's Rusted Sword, Thinker's Darkbolt Blaster

Krowe:

Quest: “Vinny the Minotaur”
    Given by: Krowe (Dark Forest)
    Complete with: Krowe (Dark Forest)
    NPC Beginning Message: Krowe: "I fear my partner Vinny has turned rogue and is in league with the Dark Forest Mercenaries! Seek him out in the forest... and try to bring him back to his senses!"
    NPC Ending Message: Krowe: "Well... it's too bad you had to kill him. But then again, when you've got a minotaur charging at you there's only so many option. Am I right? Please, for your trouble, take your pick of these fine wares:"
    Description: Locate VINNY in Dark Forest Chapter 3
    Rewards: Dagger and choose from: Burglar's Blue Leather Shirt, Avenger's Green Mail, Jester's Green Robes
    Notes: Quest available after completion of “The Spike Club”quest

Quest: “Mercenaries Must Die!”
    Complete With: Krowe (Dark Forest)
    NPC Beginning Message: Krowe: "Those good-for-nothing Mercenaries couldn't stop with just lousing-up the Dark Forest. They had to brainwash my partner and ruin his life! Get even with them for me. Will ya? What do you say?"
    NPC Ending Message: Krowe: "That'll show those lousy Mercenaries they can't mess with a person's livlihood... Please take one of these fine weapons with my complements."
    Description: Defeat 32 Rogues!
    Rewards: Dagger and choose from: Burglar's Forest Bow, Broken Axe of Strength, Black Firebolt Staff

Quest: “Brawlers”
    Coplete with: Krowe (Dark Forest)
    NPC Starting Description: Krowe: :Know those rogues that fight with their fists? Brawlers. Yeah. Hate 'em. One of them busted me in the face while you were gone! You stick it to a dozen of them and I'll pay you handsomely."
    NPC Finishing Description: Krowe: "That'll teach those brawling jerks to mess with me. Right? Right. Thanks... Here's some coin for your trouble."
    Rewards: Jagged Dagger of Evasion and choose from: Avian Helmet, Elven Helmet, Ursan Helmet
    Description: Defeat 12 Rogue Brawlers

Quest: “Memoirs of a Minotaur”
    Complete with: Krowe (Dark Forest)
    NPC Starting Description: Krowe: "I know that Vinny was writing his memoirs before he got whacked (by you). If the pages are still around the Mercenaries have them. Defeat the Mercenaries and recover the lost pages of his book..."
    NPC Finishing Decription: Krowe: "Hmmm. Six pagees, eh? Well, Vinny was never much of a wordsmith. Here please choose one of these items with my compliments:"
    Rewards: Platinum Bow and choose from: Avian Helmet, Elven Helmet, Ursan Helmet
    Description: Collect 6 Memoir Pages by defeating Rogues
    Notes: This quest can be done in any of the chapters

Quest: “To the Castle!”
    Complete with: Rolfe (Balefort Castle)
    NPC Starting Description: Krowe: "My good friend ROLFE sends word from Fort Blackstone. Mercenaries have seized Balefort Castle! The villagers have been displaced and the Elfguard is in desperate need of help! Take the road out of towne and find ROLFE in Fort Blackstone."
    NPC Finishing Description: Rolfe: "Welcome to Fort Blackstone, my friend. The great Balefort Castle is nearby: over-run by evil mercenaries! We have captured this one... perhaps in time he will give us information we need to re-take the castle."
    Description: Travel to Fort Blackstone and talk to Rolfe
    Notes: Quest given once you’re level 15

Balefort Castle [BCQS]
    Number of Quests: 19
    Recommended Level: 15-20

Ekai:

Quest: “Those In Need”
    Given by: Ekai (Balefort)
    Complete with: Ekai (Balefort)
    NPC Beginning Message: Ekai: "The misery that this conflict has brought on people such as myself... it's unbearable! Please... in your travels, as you come across those decadent treaure chests strewn about, collect a small donation for refugees like me."
    NPC Ending Message: Ekai: "Oh! How kind you are! Truly, truly kind. You represent a fearless nobility that will make an excellent foundation for the future... That is, once these Rogue killers are dealt with of course!"
    Description: Collect Donations from Rogue treasure chests in Balefort Castle
    Rewards: 20 gold and choose from: Crusader's Mercenary Helm, Pirate's Sniper Helm, Wizard's Sorcery Cap
    Notes: He is located south of where everyone spawns

Quest: “Rescuers”
    Given by: Ekai (Balefort)
    Complete with: Ekai (Balefort)
    NPC Beginning Message: Ekai: "Back home there was a brave adventurer like you. She was Mae, a magician of supreme skill! Last I heard she was leading a raid to free towne-folk captured by the Rogues. Deliver these bolts of cloth to her... to help in her cause!"
    NPC Ending Message: Ekai: "So you met Mae! How exciting! How many people had she saved? Tell me all about it.. I can't wait! Oh, and please take this for your trouble. I can't imagine what it is like to fight for a living as you do."
    Description: Find the rebel Mae somewhere in Balefort Castle
    Rewards: 20 gold and choose from: Assassin's Sniper Helm, Elf Guard's Mercenary Helm, Necromancer's Sorcery Cap
    Notes: She’s in Chapter 3 – Love Conquers All. Tell her Ekai sent you and then ask if she has a message you want to have sent. Return to Ekai to complete quest.

Rolfe:

Quest: “Takin’ Names”
    Given by: Rolfe (Balefort)
    Complete with: Rolfe (Balefort)
    NPC Beginning Message: Rolfe: "I've heard the rumors... but I find it hard to believe any of our fellow guardsmen have been seduced by the mercenary clan. If you encounter any ex-Elfguard among the mercenary ranks... take their names! I must know if it is true..."
    NPC Ending Message: Rolfe: "How dreadful! So many well-trained soldiers turned to the bitter wagee of murder and mayhem! I hate to believe it... but I must. Thank you for offereing this proof. You are an honorable warrior, my friend. That is certain."
    Description: Find 10 Ex-Elfguard among the Rogues in Balefort Castle
    Rewards: 100 gold
    Notes: Just defeat the mercenaries in any level of Balefort Castle

Quest: “Bone-Faced Lies”
    Given by: Rolfe (Belefort)
    NPC Beginning Message: Rolfe: "I know my fellow Elfguard were coerced or lied-to by the mercenaries... most likely the nefarious 'skeleton cult' brigands are the real culprits! Find evidence of the Skeleton Cult Rogues' treachery so my commanders and I may find some peace..."
    NPC Ending Message: Rolfe: "Indeed! The treacherous Skeleton Cult lured the Elfguard heroes with incredible promises of weath and power. Incredible yet those weak-hearted fools believed them! Truly sad..."
    Description: Collect evidence of Skeleton Cult treachery… by defeating Skeleton Mask Rogues

Quest: “The Olde Guarde”
    NPC Beginning Message: Rolfe: "More sad news I hear, friend. A number of old war-teachers... expert swordsmen... remain among the ranks of the mercenary clan. Once sworn to teach the art of the blade they are now slave to the mercenary kings. Put them out of their misery!"
    NPC Ending Message: Rolfe: "Like most, I respect the eminance of these old sword masters... but I can't abide by their treahcerous deeds! On behalf of the Elfguard, I thank you."
    Description: Defeat 18 sword Rogues in Balefort Castle

Quest: “Merk the Jerk”
    NPC Beginning Message: Rolfe: "So if we are to believe the prisoner, we are looking for a powerful archer who calls himself 'Merk.' This fiend has been hired into the mercenary ranks to train the rogue archers! We cannot allow this to happen. Defeat Merk in the name of good!"
    NPC Ending Message: Rolfe: "Perfect. Merk did not stand a chance against a hero such as you. Excellent work, my friend! Excellent!"
    Description: Defeat Merk the Jerk in Balefort Castle.
    Rewards: Assassin's Auto-Crossbow and choose from: Black Chain Tunic of Might, Blue Mage Garb of Wisdom, Red Leather Armor of Evasion
    Notes: Given after completion of “Friends like These” quest. Merk is in Chapter 3.

Kouma:

Quest: “Captain Beizo”
    Given by: Kouma (Balefort)
    Complete with: Captain Beizo (Chapter 2)
    NPC Beginning Message: Kouma: "This scuffle with the Rogues is just about over, if you asked me. We just saw my old pal Captain Beizo headed to the traitor's base with a dozen of our best! If you see him... tell him I said 'Hi!'"
    NPC Ending Message: Captain Beizo: "Now that you have discovered the vanquished body of the beloved Captain Beizo... you may want to bring some evidence back to Captain Kouma in Fort Blackstone."
    Description: Find Captain Beizo somewhere in Balefort
    Notes: Available after completion of “Takin’ Names” quest. He’s located in Chapter 2 – Sad Little Knights. When you come to a four-way intersection, keep going straight to find him.

Quest: “Bad News Bear”
    Given by: Captain Beizo (Chapter 2)
    Complete with: Kouma (Balefort)
    NPC Beginning Message: Narrator: "Go back to Fort Blackstone with this evidence of the brave Ursan warrior's demise. Tell Captain Kouma what you have found."
    NPC Ending Message: Kouma: "Beizo was a great commander and an even greater friend. I miss him bitterly... and can't wait to get my revenge on those Rogues! As soon as someone comes to relieve us of this prisoner..."
    Description: Return to Captain Kouma in Fort Blackstone

Quest: “Femme Fieras”
    NPC Beginning Message: Kouma: "Long ago, Captain Beizo did battle with evil mages called the 'Femmes Fieras.' These sorcerers have since joned the Rogues. No doubt they are delighted by Beizo's death. I would be in your debt if you robbed them of this perverse joy!"
    NPC Ending Message: Kouma: "It is a deep cut to teh rogues' strength to lose so many talened wizards! They grow closer to defeat with your every move, my friend!"
    Description: Defeat 20 Rogue Enchantresses in Balefort Castle
    Rewards: 50 gold and choose from: Jester's Red Cloak, Thief's Green Leathers, Redfang's Blue Chain Mail

Quest: “Armor Breakers”
    Complete with: Kouma: "I just hate to think about those nutty dancing unarmed fools chipping away at a proud Ursan's battle gear. You made them pay for what they did to Beizo... I thank you."
    NPC Beginning Message: Kouma: "Sorry... but I just can't get my old friend Beizo out of my head! I hear his armor was SHATTERED! Only those armor-cracking Brawlers have that sort of power... and they should be punished for it!"
    NPC Ending Message:
    Description: Defeat 24 Rogue Brawlers in Balefort Castle
    Rewards: 50 gold and choose from: Assassin's Platinum Bow, Wizard's Flaming Fireblaster, Elf Guard's Platinum Axe

Quest: “Brom’s Back!”
    NPC Beginning Message: Kouma: "So the prisoner says that the captain of the Rogues is, in fact, Brom Dandy! Run out of Forest Haven on a rail... he fell in with the Rogues here in Balefort and assumed his old role as villain-in-chief! Bring him down and make us all proud."
    NPC Ending Message: Kouma: "Outstanding! Here's to you getting more information out of our prisoner... no matter how you do it!"
    Description: Defeat Brom Dandy in Balefort Castle
    Rewards: Choose from: Talon Spike of Dexterity, Witch's Flaming Fireblaster, Ursan Battle Sword
    Notes: Quest is given after completion of “Book of Fooles” quest. Brom is in Chapter 4. Can be completed in any map that Brom Dandy appears in such as Quick Love.

Quest: “The King of Hearts”
    NPC Beginning Message: Kouma: "More information from the prisoner then... Good. Very good. So it all comes down to the exiled aristocrat who calls himself the 'King of Hearts!'"
    NPC Ending Message: Kouma: "Feels like I should be surprised when strange wicked giants with kingly aspirations decide to terrorize the countryside... but I'm not. I'm sure you're not either."
    Description: Defeat the King of Hearts in Balefort Castle
    Rewards: Choose from: Wizard's Darkbolt Blaster, Avenger's Wing Shield, Redfang's Platinum Axe
    Notes: Given after completion of “Two-Fisting” quest. Can be completed in any map that the King of Hearts appears in such as Quick Love.

Quest: “Glumdoll Cemetery”
    Complete with: Vora (Fathom)
    NPC Beginning Message: Kouma: "I hear that there is trouble afoot in the Fathom Crypts... a new army of undead is rising from the tombs. Go there and find the necromancer called Vora. She is not Elfguard but she is a good person... she can help you- and you can help her!"
    NPC Ending Message: Vora: "It is a pleasure to meet you! Indeed there are many things to do here. Mainly I need help with my ritual of 'Anima Scrye'... to find out the TRUTH: the reason why our realm has been thrown out-of-balance!"
    Description: Find Vora in Glumdoll Cemetery
    Rewards: 50 gold

Kneil:

Quest: “Friends like These”
    Given by: Kneil (Balefort)
    Compete with: Kneil (Balefort)
    NPC Beginning Message: Kneil: "I get it. I'm not getting outta here unless I make a deal. But you gotta do something for me first! If I survive this, I don't want any rivals... rival archers in the Rogue ranks. Clean out those ranks for me and we'll talk."
    NPC Ending Message: Kneil: "Okay. I see you're serious about this and I respect that. Gimme some timeto put my thoughts together and I'll tell you what you need to know..."
    Description: Defeat 24 Rogue Archers in Balefort Castle
    Rewards: N/A
    Notes: Available after completion of “Armor Breakers” quest

Quest: “Book of Fooles”
    Complete with: Kneil (Balefort)
    NPC Beginning Message: Kneil: "Look- before I got captured I ordered six copies of 'Alchemy for Towne Fooled.' They're worth coin, my friend! So I want 'em back. Obviously the Rogue Enchantresses are the only ones who'd have any use for them... whadda you say?"
    NPC Ending Message: Kneil: "Nice! This will fetch a good price at the vendor... if I get out of here with my head. Just put the books down over there. We can talk whwnever you want..."
    Description: Recover 6 Alchemy Books by defeating evil Enchantresses

Quest: “Two-Fisting”
    Complete with: Kneil (Balefort)
    NPC Beginning Message: Kneil: "In hindsight it was a bad idea to have you kill all my old archer buddies... Now claymore-carrying Rogues are out to get revenge on me! You mind sending those oversized-sword-swingers a message? Tell them to LEAVE ME ALONE!"
    NPC Ending Message: Kneil: "Good deal, my friend. It takes a load off my mind to not be hunted by those Rogues... and just be here with two bears with giant swords hanging over my head... anyhow. Let me know when you want to talk."
    Description: Defeat 16 Two-Hand Sword Rogue Troopers in Balefort Castle.
    Notes: Balefort Castle 2 has two troopers right at the very beginning, so you can just kill the two troopers and rmk if you want to do the quest very quickly.

Lauryn:

Quest: “Missing Tomes”
    Given by: Lauryn (Balefort)
    Complete with:
    NPC Beginning Message: Lauryn: "Those thugs have sacked the Sacred Library... source of all wisdom and knowledge for the academy. If only you would help me retrieve the sixty-four tomes of Strength, we could begin to rebuild."
    NPC Ending Message: Lauryn: "You will help? Oh blessed and noble creature, thank you from my heart of hearts. We may be able to rebuild our foundations of knowledge with your help!"
    Description: Find the missing Tomes of Knowledge from treasure chests in Balefort Castle
    Rewards: 48 gold and choose from: Jagged Dagger, Talon Spike, Student's Darkbolt Blaster
    Notes: Given after completion of “Rescuers” quest

Quest: “More Tomes”
    Complete with: Lauryn (Balefort)
    NPC Beginning Message: Lauryn: "The Tomes of Strength have revealed that long ago the Elf Queen entered into some kind of pact. To find out more, I'll need the two hundred fifty six Tomes of Courage."
    NPC Ending Message: Lauryn: "Once more you have risen to the occassion noble creature. With your help we may find out why the magical barriers around our land are failing!"
    Description: Recover the missing Tomes of Knowledge from chests and mercenaries in Balefort Castle
    Rewards: 128 gold and choose from: Jagged Dagger of Evasion, Talon Spike of Dexterity, Thinker's Darkbolt Blaster
    Notes: I found Magic Castle to be the quickest due to it being such a small map with a lot of enemies

Quest: “Again with the Tomes?”
    Complete with: Lauryn (Balefort)
    NPC Beginning Message: Lauryn: "The Tomes of Courage have revealed that the Forest Creatures were given the gift of Mana by strangers from far away... To find out more, I'll need the One Thousand Twenty Four Tomes of Wisdom
    NPC Ending Message: Lauryn: "Ancient Enemies are now pouring through our borders. I need those Tomes og Wisdom to put a stop to it!"
    Description: Recover the missing Tomes of Knowledge from chests and mercenaries in Balefort Castle
    Rewards: 512 gold and choose from: Jewel Thief's Gem Dagger, Platinum Sword of Legend, Darkbolt Blaster of Mastery
    Notes: I found Magic Castle to be the quickest due to it being such a small map with a lot of enemies

Wyldwood [WQS]
    Number of Quests: 10
    Recommended Level: 15-20
    Notes: Most of the Wyldwood quests are actually given from NPCs in Balefort Castle
    Royal Magician:

Quest: “Skulls, Skulls, Skulls”
    Given by: Royal Magician (Balefort)
    Complete with: Royal Magician (Balefort)
    NPC Beginning Message: Royal Magician: "Goblin shamans carry around the skulls of their ancestors. They consider these skulls to be holy symbols. I want you to go take them from the shamans and return these skulls to me."
    NPC Ending Message: Royal Magician: "Nice work. I will apply a little paint to a few of these and we should be able to use them to scare the greenskins off."
    Description: Collect the skulls that goblin shamans in Wyldwood carry around with them

Quest: “Spiking Skulls”
    NPC Beginning Message: Royal Magician: "Now that I have prepared the skulls you will need to return to Wyldwood and spike them on poles located around the woods. The goblins should completely freak out at the sight of their holy symbols so desecrated. They will be so scared they will run for the hills."
    NPC Ending Message: Royal Magician: "Hmmmm, so you say that desecrating their holy symbols just made them madder. How odd. Oh well, you have done as I asked. Perhaps you would be willing to do some more?"
    Description: Find spikes located in Wyldwood and place a skull on each one

Quest: “Totems…Shotems!”
    Compelte with: Royal Magician (Balefort)
    NPC Beginning Message: Royal Magician: "If the goblins are not scared of us spiking their ancestor's skulls on spikes we are going to just have to destroy their totems. Goblins love theri totems and by smashing them we will ensure victory. The totems are located within their stronghold."
    NPC Ending Message: Royal Magician: "Incredible! You say that they just got madder when you destroyed their most prized posessions. Simply unbelievable. Well, I am completely out of ideas... if they are not going to behave rationally then I see no reason to try."
    Description: Travel to the goblin stronghold somewhere within Wyldwood and destroy the totems located there
    Rewards: 100 gold and choose from: Charred Staff of Mastery, Crusader's Ironrock Shield, Jewel Thief's Platinum Talon

Commander Blackhawk:

Quest: “Greenskins Go Home!”
    Given by: Commander Blackhawk (Balefort)
    Complete with: Commander Blackhawk (Balefort)
    NPC Beginning Message: Commander Blackhawk: "Goblins are nothing but trouble. They have moved into Wyldwood in force and have been raiding the surrounding territories. We need to send them a clear message that they are overmatched. If you can kill 75 of them for us, we will make it worth your while."
    NPC Ending Message: Commander Blackhawk: "I couldn't have done better myself. You are a credit to our people. If you have some time there is something else I would ask of you."
    Description: The commander of the Queen’s Rangers has asked you to help clear out the goblins within Wyldwood. He wants you to kill 75 of them which should thin their numbers down a bit
    Notes: To get to Commander Blackhawk you go up to where Kneil, Rolfe, and Kouma are and take a right. Keep going until you come to a fork in the road. Go up and you’ll come to him.

Quest: “The Missing Rangers”
    NPC Beginning Message: Commander Blackhawk: 'A few weeks back wesent a patrol of Rangers into the Wyldwood in order to clear out the goblins. Shortly afterwards we lost contact with them and haven't been able to find them since. Travel into the Wyldwood and see if you can find the lost Rangers."
    NPC Ending Message: Commander Blackhawk: "This is sad news. An entire patrol wiped out. This action by the goblins cannot go unanswered."
    Description: A patrol of Queen’s Rangers have disappeared in the Wyldwood. Commander Blackhawk wants you to find out what happened to them
    Notes: Search the map for the pile of bones titled “Examine Bones…” and examine them

Quest: “Burning Ring of Fire”
    NPC Beginning Message: Commander Blackhawk: "So the goblins have gotten some help. Well we are just going to have to deal with that. I want you to find this thing the reports speak of and take it out. Without its help I am sure the resolve of the goblins will shatter."
    NPC Ending Message: Commander Blackhawk: "A spirit of Fire? Normal goblins don't have the willpower to summon up such a powerful ally. But you have done well to extinguish the elemental."
    Description: Find the deadly ally of the goblins within the Wyldwood and destroy it
    Rewards: 250 gold
    Notes: It’s easiest to host a Goblin Stronghold game and take the portal out of it the second you spawn. Follow the path until you come to the clearing. If you don’t see him, repeat what I just told you to do until he does. You’re looking for the boss called Spirit of Fire who happens to have a very unique look

Quest: “Goblin King K.O.”
    NPC Beginning Message: Commander Blackhawk: "We are going to make a surgical strike at the head of the goblins. My guess is the king is located somewhere within the stronghold mentioned in the reports. Get in there, find the Goblin King and take him out."
    NPC Ending Message: Commander Blackhawk: "It will take a while for the goblin forces to lose cohession, but without their leader it will. Now we just play the waiting game. You have done a hero's work today."
    Description: Find the goblin stronghold, battle your way through the hordes of goblins there, find the Goblin King and defeat him in battle. Simple.
    Rewards: 250 gold and choose from: Jewel Thief's Recon Bow, Azure Longblade of Legend, Stormstrike Wand of Mastery
    Notes: Watch out for the goblins in the room with him that have bombs. You’ll likely need a party unless you’re a high enough level

Miscellaneous:

Quest: “Tell My Wife Goodbye”
    Given by: Examine Bones… (Wyldwood – near the top center of the map)
    Complete with: Leeha (Forest Haven)
    NPC Beginning Message: Examine Bones...: "...if anyone finds this please tell my wife, Leeha, that I am sorry I wasn't able to come home this time."
    NPC Ending Message: Leeha: "He was planning on retiring in just two more weeks. I knew that something like this would happen. Thank you for letting me know."
    Description: You found an old report from one of the Queen’s Rangers who perished in Wyldwood. In the note he asked that whomever finds it track down his wife Leeha and let her know what happened
    Notes: Leeha is in Forest Haven by the potion vendor (Ellie)

Quest: “Rock’em Sock’em”
    Given by: Dusty Miner (Wyldwood – Bottom Center of map by entrance to Shalerockstone Valley)
    Complete with: Dusty Miner (Wyldwood)
    NPC Beginning Message: Dusty Miner: "Those rock giants bushwhacked my claim. I was mining fer gold in dem der hills and next thing I know those big fellers smash ma gear and drive me off ma own land. Iffin ya go give them what fer I won't forget ya when I am rich."
    NPC Ending Message: Dusty Miner: "Well I be hornswaggled. I didn't really expect ya to return. Fer asow-eyed whippersnapper yer pretty tough. Now I should be able ta get back ta work without those low-down dirty bushwhackers buggin' me."
    Description: Travel into the rocky valley and take care of the rock giants that drove the miner off of his claim

Quest: “Strange Ancient Runes”
    Given by: Mysterious Runes (Shalerockstone Valley)
    NPC Beginning Message: Mysterious Runes: "You make a copy of the enscription on the tablet: 'Men of stone few in number... Silent in watch... The one in slumber.' Perhaps omeone else will be able to make heads or tails of it."
    NPC Ending Message: Royal Magician: "What have we here? This is amazing. Simply amazing. I have absolutely no idea what it means but it is most fascinating."
    Description: Find a scholar or mage who would be interested in the writing. Perhaps one could be found in Balefort
    Notes: You'll get this quest if you go to the top of the map and click on the Mysterious Runes by the mine entrance. Go to the Royal Magician by the Magic Mirror to complete the quest.
    Last edited by kcimythgim; 08-25-2013 at 08:13 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kcimythgim For This Useful Post: