Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: About the trading scams.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default About the trading scams.

Well Ive been seeing a lot of people complain lately about being scammed out of there items. Now a lot of people that play Pocket Legends don't always visit the forum. There is a lot of PL users and I know more than half don't visit this forum.

So a simple solution that should take the devs about 2 minutes at max to actually implement would either be one of the following:

1. Next to the gift button or above it or some where around there add big red text that says something like: WARNING: Gifting goes one way, this means players can take your item in a "trade" and not give you a item back! Trade with friends only!

2. Pretty much the same thing but when they click Gift have a message box pop up that says practically the same thing and have a confirmation of weather to gift the player or not.

This post was because I see admins posting all over and other users on this forum saying: "TRADE WITH TRUSTED PEOPLE ONLY ETC". But maybe even out of this small small forums population only half will see it. This would ensure all players to only trade with friends and trusted people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Or people could just not be stupid?
    The two words that show off ones truly horrific values - Epic and Fail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Demarrer View Post
    Fact is, there are a lot of "kid" players that are 12 and can be tricked easily and a lot of stupid people that are older.

I just think it'd be a good reinforcement to let people know not to trade to randoms.

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Indeed, it would not a bad idea to add an in game pop up warning when using the current Gift command. However, I think the team's pushing ahead for the real-deal secure trading system (v 1.2). Of course, I can't say when that change would get in, but regardless, everyone's very aware of the issue at hand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Fact is, there are a lot of "kid" players that are 12 and can be tricked easily and a lot of stupid people that are older.

I just think it'd be a good reinforcement to let people know not to trade to randoms.
    You live and you learn.
    The two words that show off ones truly horrific values - Epic and Fail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
    Well Ive been seeing a lot of people complain lately about being scammed out of there items. Now a lot of people that play Pocket Legends don't always visit the forum. There is a lot of PL users and I know more than half don't visit this forum.

So a simple solution that should take the devs about 2 minutes at max to actually implement would either be one of the following:

1. Next to the gift button or above it or some where around there add big red text that says something like: WARNING: Gifting goes one way, this means players can take your item in a "trade" and not give you a item back! Trade with friends only!

2. Pretty much the same thing but when they click Gift have a message box pop up that says practically the same thing and have a confirmation of weather to gift the player or not.

This post was because I see admins posting all over and other users on this forum saying: "TRADE WITH TRUSTED PEOPLE ONLY ETC". But maybe even out of this small small forums population only half will see it. This would ensure all players to only trade with friends and trusted people.
    well said mate, ive just had a little rant about this on this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...st-of-Scammers
    Iphone 16GB 3GS
    Character: Itcho, Warrior (Level 30) on Alterra Server
    Character: Itcha, Enchantress (Level 12) on Alterra Server
    Proud Member of the LEGENDS Guild

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,484 Posts

This will be in the next content update.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    This will be in the next content update.

-ALS
    Win.............

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

except that when you trade a few times with a lvl30, successfully so, and on the 4th and major trade you get scammed, with a bunch of people who haven't been scammed yet vouching for that player, a BIG read message about trust isn't gonna help.

we're all smart enough to smell the average scammer downwind, but some guys still need to be excused from the game imho. Same problem on most online apps.
    Alteran Archer, lvl 30, GMT+9(Tokyo), English/French/Japanese.
    Alteran Blue Potion Junkie (BornToHeal), lvl 30.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Demarrer View Post
    This post just screams "stupid".

But you're right, the devs should leave well enough alone, and just trust its players not to be stupid. Who needs secure trading? Just don't be stupid, and "live an learn."

Man, I feel all alpha male just saying that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Except that this is a paid game, and even "stupid" people should receive protection from scam. Even if the secure trading system is on the way, banning known scammers can't be so hard for the devteam. Doot, being thought of as "stupid" isn't a crime, scam is. And being naive is way different from being stupid. If you get scammed once, you're not stupid, just trusting wrong people. If you go on getting scammed though, well...
    that's a different story.
    Alteran Archer, lvl 30, GMT+9(Tokyo), English/French/Japanese.
    Alteran Blue Potion Junkie (BornToHeal), lvl 30.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

well I support scamming because it teaches tough lessons in life, that you cant trust people.
    / oh hai~!
    /

IGN: Igglebob , Moondrake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AmonRaa View Post
    Except that this is a paid game, and even "stupid" people should receive protection from scam. Even if the secure trading system is on the way, banning known scammers can't be so hard for the devteam. Doot, being thought of as "stupid" isn't a crime, scam is. And being naive is way different from being stupid. If you get scammed once, you're not stupid, just trusting wrong people. If you go on getting scammed though, well...
    that's a different story.
    Have you guys played games like these before?

Do you expect people to build a virtual relationship based on trust before performing a simple trade for something like a jewel crossbow? Of course not. This isn't real life where you have things like eBay and a Paypal buyers protection program. It should be as simple as, "Here. Take my pink and give me a few purples. Have a nice life".

How will scams even occur if secure trading is implemented properly (e.g. being able to click to see weapon stats)? Forget banning. Who cares? Those people will always find ways to frustrate you.

The devs are already implementing this. I find it insane that someone even replied. Yikes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Scamming isn't actually a "crime". All it is is lying, being a jerk, not punishable through the courts as far as I know. Also, how would banning scammers be easy? How do you know the accusers weren't lying about the person? How many accusations for a ban? Is scamming even breaking any official rule, or conduct code? Not as far as I know. Don't get me wrong, people like that can suck an egg. I'm just saying, a gifting/trading system was implemented due to high demand. It is very rudimentary at this point, but gets the job done pretty well. Anyone who thinks it is more than a one-way exchange at this point obviously needs to educate themselves. If you get ripped off, just write down the name, and save your anger for PvP