Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: So, you say game is balanced?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

I don't know much about the background stats of the rogue skills, but someone else made this point, why does their crit aimed shot for over 3k dmg and crit lightning slightly over 2k dmg when lightning dies way more base damage+250% extra dmg when crit hits? Jus curious

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Does* not dies...stupid Swype

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    Im sorry.. but are you unintelligent or you just really know nothing about classes?
    First of all.. for beginners.

you took a screen shot of a warrior whos maxed out.. all super gem

and you took all other mages and rogues who doesnt even have full super gem
    . how? i know what it looks like

rogues not even full super gem can hit 3800 health.. 400 dmg.
    Hate to burst your bubble here Inky my love. I don't know this poster, but they are not unintelligent, nor are they ignorant about the classes.

The rogue in that screenshot undoubtedly has super gems. You might say that you know what it looks like, but here's the proof.

This screenshot is my rogue with NO super gems. Only mythic gear with normal dex gems in all - except the fang which has a dex/int gem in it. Note the damage isn't even close to 450 like the rogue in the example.

This also shows that with supers, it would be EASY to clear 3800 health with 400 damage, using Malison.

Name:  rogue-stats.png
Views: 285
Size:  505.0 KB
    Last edited by Serancha; 12-11-2013 at 02:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can you name your gear? I just hit 36 and figuring out what to shoot for thanks (:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Mages are OP..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I started this game with a mage and still play it but after trying a warrior the difference is huge. Reasonably, they (mages) are undoubtedly the most squishy of all classes. Sure its real nice that they can clear mobs, but mobs dont drop gear worth talking about. I've given up on pvp for the fact that even a fully mythic loaded mage will get killed most times by a Rogue with a bow miles away or smashed by a war. Since many claim the class is balanced lets talk about Pve and bossing.

An average fully loaded legendary mage will on most times get one shot crit. dead by bosses or wont live long enough to finish bosses once they get into end hp rage modes (not enranged). They are not fast enough to run away, without a pet or wind skill and do not have enough armor to withstand a hit, get stunned or frozen or pulled in by bosses like Grimmr since they have no skill to counter movement impeding effects like wars jugger., and most of all for a char sooo squishy you would think they would get decent range to escape attacks but sadly they fall within all ranges of all boss attacks. But bosses like frostir even standing outside their redzone is not enough because they still get crit killed. Use timestop with root and all bosses will walk out of it while most ranger type chars will shot at mages as the mage has to come within their attack range to make an effective hit.

Look at the market place and you will find Rogue items the cheapest and within good reason. Ask your guild to help out and 6/10 times they will suggest taking a rogue and the rest of the times a war can manage if he is skilled enough to support a mage with healing. Most times wars don't even bother healing because they don't lose Hp as fast and if a mage themselves don't want to lose mana will have to constantly spam heal anyways to make sure they have always a good mana supply which also provides a reasonable amount of HP to wars. Cause a mage without mana is dead. Mana regen rate for a mage is pathetic so spam charged heal or die. With a war I run with Haze and never run out of mana. I don't know if the same runs true for rogues but a flapjack or haze should ensure an endless supply of mana. The mana regens ridiculously fast for war that I have no need for a mage and also the skills don't use as much mana. I have juggernaut so never have to worry about stun or any other movement impairment. Probably why mage stun may have no effect on wars in pvp.

A legendary geared war or rogue can boss easily, agreed that it takes longer for the war but its still possible to go up against most other than an enraged ina'nesh. Mage have to be mythic before they can even dream about going up against anything more than bosses at paradise pier level.

Mages are sorely under-powered on average. They get terrible loot unless they are in a good group and are mostly at the mercy of the group they are in. If they happen to team up with the same level but poorly speced war or rogue they will be as good as dead regardless of gear. With new rules that only allow for bael 2 to spawn after a boss kill again their drop opportunities are limited while their gear costs are really high in market place. Look at arena.

Seriously if the devs want to balance the classes on average then give mages

- more range for their skill attacks or/and
    - Combine mage heal and shield skill like wars so either another attack skill can be added or add an extra skill slot since after all we are sorcerers.
    - Allow stun skill to work on bosses as pets like slag have the ability to panic or stun. At least there will be some chance for mages then.

This is the easiest way to balance classes without nerfing or op any other characteristic. The mage char is fundamentally flawed.

Now compare the armor and hp value of wars to bosses while rogue crit attacks and range are again boss like and you can see why a mage finds it difficult to go up against these classes. If its nearly impossible for an average mage with top level legendary gear to solo bosses in nordr and shuyal, how can you expect as much success in pvp?

Most are right that the majority of chars in the game are not mythic, but how many non-mythic chars are there in pvp? Most especially at high levels are at end game level.

Mages can be stunned, frozen, panicked despite shielding. They need to be within range of most characters to attack which in turn leaves them open to being attacked themselves. A Rogue at range can crit shot a mage from a safe distance before the mage even realizes whats going on.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Striderevil For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    Mages are OP..
    LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Just so we settle this whole debate, this is a fully exceptional rogue at max damage, which, as you can see is clearly not suitable for PvP:

Name:  Screen Shot 2013-12-13 at 7.58.44 PM.png
Views: 257
Size:  402.6 KB
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Dagger rogue with exceptional gems not suited for pvp?...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phillyr View Post

This can be summed up by remove 5/5 from str passive and use archon instead of mythic ring. This is like -600 health. This is the same with mage. So nothing to see here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Everyone knows rogues are boss of 1v1 pvp battles, I've seen dagger rogue kill maul and glaive warriors 2 out of every 3 battles

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

3 to 5 warriors on pvp teaming up are unkillable. Warrior class people defend there class saying "mages and rogues have 3x damage more damage than us". But this is PVP were talking about the "twice-the-health-and-armor-because-they-are-dishing-3k-damage" thing is on a 1v1, 2 fully geared war can take 3 rogues or 3 mages. I think what chorba69 wan'ts to say showing those stats is "If health and armor of war class are high then at least lessen there damage". BTW in rogues the only 3k thing that it can dish is aimshot which cools down after 2 seconds where the warriors already heal (they have 3 heal skill). And mages could only rely on there skills on timing for stun-lock-combo which is very had to do especialy when ping is fluctuating, and once they miss a timing on stun-lock (without a shield) they are done for against a war. He is not JUDGING THE BOOK BY ITS COVER, he is simply saying his opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phillyr View Post

The low health & low mana will have you run out of both quite quickly against anyone decently geared.

@Falmear I think I still had 5/5 str in that picture, not sure though.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I guess I'm late to this conversation, but there is definitely something different this season compared to last season. Warriors are way more difficult to kill this season than last season. I'm full mythic, and a warrior with non-mythic can put up a really good fight against me. A warrior with a glaive can beat me easy every single time.

The other day a warrior friend of mine was just toying with me, and I was attacking him with everything I had, and instead of fighting back he just stood there and took the punishment only using HOR to heal himself. It took at least a couple of minutes and dozens of lightning strikes and fireballs to take him down. Then we reversed it, and he hit me with his glaive, and all it took was 3-4 hits with the glaive (with my shield up) for him to kill me.

Last season I was able to beat many warriors, even those with arcane maul on occasion. Now the only warriors I can beat are noobs who use cheap crate gear. Something having to do with balance has definitely changed. I think it may have to do with gems and upgrades as I posted in another thread recently, but I cannot be certain. It seems that warriors benefit more from gems than other classes do, as STR added for warriors gives them both health and damage increase, while mages and rogues must choose one or the other.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I think it may have to do with gems and upgrades as I posted in another thread recently, but I cannot be certain. It seems that warriors benefit more from gems than other classes do, as STR added for warriors gives them both health and damage increase, while mages and rogues must choose one or the other.
    I also add that if the damage goes
    up for everyone and the defence remains the same the class that benefits is the one with the highest defence.
    What Energizeric said is true a maxed out rogue or mage has chance only with crap geared wars.
    Even among twinks!
    When i twink with my maxed out lvl15 rogue and meet a war with a dark watch sword i just skip the fight cause i know i am doomed and have no chance what so ever.
    With my mage twink it's even worse every other class with a decent gear kills me.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 01-02-2014 at 03:29 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

1v1 with arcane staff + samael its almost zero chance to kill a warrior with glaive/bonesaw or maul. You don't do enough damage with 2 attack skills and you die too fast if you don't use heal + shield. Lifegiver doesn't recover enough health. And if maul warrior procs and stuns you its game over. If my arcane staff procs, it has no effect on the outcome of the fight. Forget about even using charged staff attack which is absolutely useless. Also this problem existed before upgrades were released. You can confirm this seeing this link dated 11/6 here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...gainst-warrior

This predates when upgrades were released but I think the problem has been made worse by upgrades. Also between then and now, there are a lot more mauls and glaive/bonesaws now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

I never liked the idea of crafting from the get go, even if they bring in new gems to up defense, warriors will not need them...and we lose power for survivability...so they can kill us in five hits instead of four