Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: i think max gold cap should be raise

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    They can increase the drop rate of shards there by lowering the price. Problem solved without any code changes.
    This is how the arcane looting system works:

1. Chance to roll
    2. If arcane, system chooses between egg or weapon (shard is in weapon category). Egg is actually a greater category than weapon.
    3. From that, if the system lands on egg, it will randomly select the arcane egg you won. If the system lands on weapon, system will randomly select the weapon that you won.

If you increased rate of shard, you would be decreasing the rate of all other arcane weapons which would make the price raise. If you created a new category just for the shard, then it would increase the value of everything because now it's an even rarer chance to loot the shard or weapon. Since the egg category is the biggest, your logic would have that the shard category would be the 2nd biggest, and the weapon category is the smallest.

So, in that scenario, the weapons would then skyrocket, no? That's not solving the issue, it just makes other things more expensive.

PS: Shard is in the weapons category, I just gave it its own category for theoretical purposes.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    This is how the arcane looting system works:

1. Chance to roll
    2. If arcane, system chooses between egg or weapon (shard is in weapon category). Egg is actually a greater category than weapon.
    3. From that, if the system lands on egg, it will randomly select the arcane egg you won. If the system lands on weapon, system will randomly select the weapon that you won.

If you increased rate of shard, you would be decreasing the rate of all other arcane weapons which would make the price raise. If you created a new category just for the shard, then it would increase the value of everything because now it's an even rarer chance to loot the shard or weapon. Since the egg category is the biggest, your logic would have that the shard category would be the 2nd biggest, and the weapon category is the smallest.

So, in that scenario, the weapons would then skyrocket, no? That's not solving the issue, it just makes other things more expensive.

PS: Shard is in the weapons category, I just gave it its own category for theoretical purposes.
    I don't see any problem with increasing the value of existing arcane like weapons or eggs. I am sure people who open locked (which I am not one) would be happier that when they loot an arcane that is not worth so little. So you can come up with whatever imaginary strawman scenario. But I doubt prices on anything would "sky rocket" like weapons because there are already so many of them out there. You can stand in any town and find someone selling maul or hooks. Even arcane staff is very common based on how many are looted and floating around. But I wont argue your strawman because you don't work for STS and anyone can take what the devs say as how it works, twist it and create any imaginary scenario. Just because a few more shards drop, doesn't mean the end of the world. This is what we call FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_u...inty_and_doubt

Try a different strawman.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

I don't see any problem with increasing the value of existing arcane like weapons or eggs. I am sure people who open locked (which I am not one) would be happier that when they loot an arcane that is not worth so little. So you can come up with whatever imaginary strawman scenario. But I doubt prices on anything would "sky rocket" like weapons because there are already so many of them out there. You can stand in any town and find someone selling maul or hooks. Even arcane staff is very common based on how many are looted and floating around. But I wont argue your strawman because you don't work for STS and anyone can take what the devs say as how it works, twist it and create any imaginary scenario. Just because a few more shards drop, doesn't mean the end of the world. This is what we call FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt).

your out of the topic!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyblu View Post
    your out of the topic!
    Ask Zeus to stop building strawmen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Ask Zeus to stop building strawmen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
    Learn to recognize a straw man first.

Here's the cost explained for an arcane ring:
    90-95M for a clean

95-110M for a gemmed version depending on: gem type, supers/non supers

Essentially, the price raises based on platinum cost of the ring.

A clear ring requires 260 platinum, dragonite bar, and 25 of each essence. Thus, the value of the shard to the ring is only a few mil higher to take into account the platinum cost.

A gemmed ring requires 260 platinum, dragonite bar, 25 of each essence as well as a bare minimum of 160 platinum for the normal gems. If you require all super gems, the platinum cost can range from 1000-2000 platinum depending on how lucky the individual who is gemming the ring is. Thus, if the gems are tarlok and all super gemmed, the value of the ring can skyrocket into the 100m+ region.
    Maybe you do not realize it, but it does not matter if the stats are not that great on a mage because for other classes, they are. That is why the ring is worth so much. So, no matter how many threads you make trying to justify the value of the ring for a mage, it won't lower the price for that class. That was the point of my posts, I hope you can understand that.

GL in getting your arcane shard, hopefully you'll stop complaining about the price when you do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Are you kidding? Strawman? I proposed a legit scenario. Please, learn to recognize a proper strawman because this is not one.

Your joke of a solution would make weapons go higher in value. Do you really not see trends in arcane weapons? It may not be skyrocketing, but it sure is major inflation (esp. mauls).

Your solution is to test it and see what will happen, then screw up? Isn't that Microsoft?

There are already a lot of shards present, just find one. If you are not willing to pay the price, wait till they get cheaper. What would you like, every top player to have an arcane ring? I can name 10+ arcane rings in circulation right now. Compared to the L31 season, where it was difficult to name even 10 maul equipped warriors for most of the season, that's a HUGE difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Are you kidding? Strawman? I proposed a legit scenario. Please, learn to recognize a proper strawman because this is not one.
    There are only 2 solutions:

1) Increase gold cap
    2) Decrease the value of what you are selling to fit with in gold cap

And yes what you bring up is a strawman argument, you don't work for STS and are just a college student learning how to code. If you wrote the code and said this then said it couldn't be done then that would be one thing. But you don't so some how they are able to add a shard into the drop rate without effecting the prices on existing arcane. So I am sure they can increase the drop rate without effecting existing arcane. And even if there was a small increase the price of existing arcanes, that wouldn't be a bad thing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

See in this arguement, you could have transfered your gold approximately 133 times.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Z For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

There are only 2 solutions:

1) Increase gold cap
    2) Decrease the value of what you are selling to fit with in gold cap

And yes what you bring up is a strawman argument, you don't work for STS and are just a college student learning how to code. If you wrote the code and said this then said it couldn't be done then that would be one thing. But you don't so some how they are able to add a shard into the drop rate without effecting the prices on existing arcane. So I am sure they can increase the drop rate without affecting existing arcane. And even if there was a small increase the price of existing arcanes, that wouldn't be a bad thing.
    I never said it couldn't be done, I proposed ways that it could be done. I also said if that they increased the rate of the shard and it was kept in the same category as the weapons, then logically, the other weapons would be looted less and the shard would be looted more.

I've already shown you the amount of shards present. If you cannot find one at a value to your liking, you really are not trying hard enough.

I explained you the arcane looting system. If the shard is to remain in the weapon category, then if they kept the arcane weapon possibility the same but specifically the shard possibility higher, than in the weapon category, it would be a higher chance to loot the shard and lower chance to loot the weapon, thus the shard would be dominating.

Case and point: chance of looting an arcane egg vs. an arcane weapon

How about you tell a solution since you are so confident?

Criticizing is one thing, actually doing something is quite another. Why don't you propose a solution for once then, Falmear, since you seem so adamant in dropping the shard's value. After all, you've made multiple attempts now, correct?
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-18-2014 at 05:35 PM.