Thread: Major Holiday Investment

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Default Major Holiday Investment

I have invested at least 1.5 million gold into the Holiday Event. I am going to hord all of my items for a couple of months while the value slowly builds.

Anyone else made any major holiday investments?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Been farmin holiday items nonstop, I know how limited tradable items work in MMORPGS
    ROFLKN1F3 - Gaming and Funny Videos www.YouTube.com/ROFLKN1F3

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Haha I got sick of farming holiday items. I got like 6 lvl 10-20 holiday pinks on my own. Then some guy in my party got 4 lvl 10' pink drops in a row while I was dry all day. Thats kinda when I stopped farming and just decided to load up on them while they are cheap in CS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

You may have wasted your money. The Halloween items didn't do so well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Here is what i think
    investing in christmas items buy not selling them RIGHT NOW is a extremely STUPID idea!
    my reasons?- The amout of farming being done here is about 50x than what as done on halloween, making only haloween items worth it to invest in.
    also, level 20 farming kicked off here, making the prices for lv20 items dirt cheap, where almost noone knew about lv20 hween farming, making the prices unimagineably high! (Buyin eerie haunted doll lv20- 500k pm me kossi)

i suggest: Sell ALL your items now, and buy them all back after the event (im doing it >.<)
    the prices when the event is over will be incredibly cheap and not painful to buy

sorry, but i suggest you sell ALL your items and buy them back after the update,
    like i just sold my lv20 winter launcher for 120k

oh and redryder, its a good idea to keep all your hween items, theyll be worth alot. even the level 50 ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    That. Is. AWESOME!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[QUOTE=Kossi;150171]i suggest: Sell ALL your items now, and buy them all back after the event (im doing it >.<)
    the prices when the event is over will be incredibly cheap and not painful to buy
    QUOTE]

Thats risk though, his investment should be fine in the long run. Prices might drop after the event for a little because of the loss of interest in the items, but I re-itterate the word "might", its not a given. What is pretty much a given is that these item will go up in pricce in the long run. Simple economics, once you stop the availability of an item the value of it increases right away. If they stopped making pretty much any "wanted" item in the real world the prices would shoot up. They may not shoot up right away, depending on how much the people want them after the event and into the near future. It might not be for a while or until the next holiday but the prices of these items are only going to up in the long run.
    ROFLKN1F3 - Gaming and Funny Videos www.YouTube.com/ROFLKN1F3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still dont know where the lvl 10/20 pinks drop! Some guy said the toyman was guilty, but I farmed toyman over and over only to get lvl 50 pinks.
    Is the boss in the cave in the village? I farmed him a couple of times as well, only green drops.

If it s not so big a secret, would you mind sharing?
    Bossulica- lvl 50 bear!
    Cyberkill - lvl 50 pally!

love my android htc Desire!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what? you mean the area i paid real money for is going away and taking its drops with it?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fostina1 View Post
    what? you mean the area i paid real money for is going away and taking its drops with it?
    Yes it is going away. Don't worry you will get your moneys worth if you hold onto your holiday items! Once the event ends the value of the items just keep on raising.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    You may have wasted your money. The Halloween items didn't do so well
    I'm not quite sure what you are talking about. The Halloween items made me massive profits. I loaded up on cheap Halloween items that were selling for only like 3k and now I can sell them in under 10 hours for 25-50k.

Quote Originally Posted by ciss View Post
    I still dont know where the lvl 10/20 pinks drop! Some guy said the toyman was guilty, but I farmed toyman over and over only to get lvl 50 pinks.
    Is the boss in the cave in the village? I farmed him a couple of times as well, only green drops.

If it s not so big a secret, would you mind sharing?
    It was a secret for awhile... Everyone leaked it so might as well let you in on it too .

The level of monsters and level of the boss is determined by the highest level in the group. So in order to get a level 20 drop the highest level in the room must not be any higher then 20.
    For level 10 drops the highest member must not be any higher then 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Kossi View Post
    Here is what i think
    investing in christmas items buy not selling them RIGHT NOW is a extremely STUPID idea!
    my reasons?- The amout of farming being done here is about 50x than what as done on halloween, making only haloween items worth it to invest in.
    also, level 20 farming kicked off here, making the prices for lv20 items dirt cheap, where almost noone knew about lv20 hween farming, making the prices unimagineably high! (Buyin eerie haunted doll lv20- 500k pm me kossi)

i suggest: Sell ALL your items now, and buy them all back after the event (im doing it >.<)

sorry, but i suggest you sell ALL your items and buy them back after the update,
    like i just sold my lv20 winter launcher for 120k

oh and redryder, its a good idea to keep all your hween items, theyll be worth alot. even the level 50 ones.
    Halloween items were easier to farm though. The time it took to get to the boss and the time it took to kill the boss is a heck of a lot less then the Toymaker. Also the Halloween boss usually always dropped a pink. Toymaker it takes awhile to get a pink.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 12-22-2010 at 10:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    I have invested at least 1.5 million gold into the Holiday Event. I am going to hord all of my items for a couple of months while the value slowly builds.

Anyone else made any major holiday investments?

my inventory and mules storage space is maxed out..............
    Quote Originally Posted by Punktate View Post
    Friends are overrated, acquaintances ftw.

http://i1179.photobucket.com/albums/...rs/troll-1.jpg

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicdevyn View Post
    my inventory and mules storage space is maxed out..............
    I have 3 Alt's with 250 inventory loaded and my stash. I made a 4th and am starting to pump holiday items into him.

I think the price of christmas holiday items will do just fine after the event is gone. They are being horded on such a massive level.

Also the mass income of new players who are missing out on the event are going to be the main buyers. Missed out limitted items is like crack to new players. That should shoot price through the roof.

Oh my god especially when Pocket Legends goes to the PC! Thats a whole new type of gamer alone! You can expect to see some pretty epic prices and extreme players hording out our massive stashes.