Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VIOLENTSAINT'S LVL 35 BATTLEMAGE / PALADIN BUILD (FROM LVL 30-35) :cool:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Away View Post
    Is goldfarming just rushing through maps for gold?
    Basicly, run through fathom crypts mega maze, lost expansion or the new skeller krunch campaign

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Violent, I have a lvl 20 Enchantress and am thinking going Pally.

I just bought a shield, sword, and mail for my warrior, all of which give 5m/s each. Was thinking this might be good to use on my enchantress for a paladin build.

What are your thoughts? Do you foresee any problems?

Staring mournfully at my copperheads wammo the hammer wishing it was still 1337
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

dude i have been a pally since long before 1.2 and let me tell you, the gear of Thoth, is a god send. it is the most perfect thing for me. i have full Thoth and i spam spells and cant seem to run out of mana
    Kirei-Fnord - lvl 55 - The Origanal Fnord Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    You can't flame Royce even an insignificant amount. It won't work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I just got the full Thoth set for strenght builds and my pally is my new FN favorite character to play. You don't even really need to invest in int, seeing as how alomost each Thoth piece grants 7 to int plus the regen is freaking wicked. I'd say to go with a basic strength of 127 and the rest into dex for hit chance, crit, dodge, and that lil extra damage provided. The only real tough question is whether to use the Pharohs Thoth sword or D'jin spear of Thoth. I have both and i'm alway switching between the two, but I've been using the spear more offten due to it's break armor proc.
    Last edited by Esus; 06-14-2010 at 12:52 AM.
    Esus-Archer|Glyph-Warrior|Kangol- Paladin (Enchantress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Esus View Post
    I just got the full Thoth set for strenght builds and my pally is my new FN favorite character to play. You don't even really need to invest in int, seeing as how alomost each Thoth piece grants 7 to int plus the regen is freaking wicked. I'd say to go with a basic strength of 127 and the rest into dex for hit chance, crit, dodge, and that lil extra damage provided. The only real tough question is whether to use the Pharohs Thoth sword or D'jin spear of Thoth. I have both and i'm alway switching between the two, but I've been using the spear more offten due to it's break armor proc.
    True That! We tested out the spear and it seemed to do much better than the sword.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

break armor proc!!! ive been trying to get my hands on the sword but im thinking i might get the spear instead if its got break armor proc.

id really apprieciate any help geting either a spear or sword of thoth as im all geared up and i just need a weapon before i can join the big boys in pvp.

you guys might beat me now cos ive only got 16m/s but once i get sword/spear ill have 21m/s plus over 2 months experience of playing pally build. id look out for me guys =D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have the spear for you. Look me up to get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

i just got the sword for free off mystical dream, i had to respec cos my str was only 124 without my legend sword and all my armor unequiped haha! so now i have 67 dex instead of 70. i kept my skills the same because they rock!

im just wondering, is spear or sword better?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

just got the spear, were does it say it has break armor proc? it just says "serve them up on this skewer!"

plus it has 14 less dps then sword

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It doesn't say that there's a break armor proc, but if you try and attacking a strong mob are if a player is nicer enough to let u test it in pvp, sometimes when u hit your target, you'll see little stars come off him and there will be a star underneath their character. That's the break armor in effect, if you have ever used the break armor spell as a bird you will notice a similar debuff icon or the same stars underneath their character. If u don't beleive me , I'm willing to show you andkake you a believer, just hit me up in game and it will be my pleasure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PLD Respec

For a respec to PLD, can somene please give some thoughts on how to allocate stat points? Is it necessary to put a certain amount into INT to get enough mp to make it all work, or is 117 str enough & then all dex? I plan to use full Toth shield, plate, helm, and sword. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

minumun strength for the armor, sheild, and weapon is 127, i'm not sure nor do i remember the requiremwnt for the helm atm. Each piece grants 7 to int, which has given me around 318-320 mana points, the rest i put into dex for crit and dmg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the speedy reply! Does that put you at 22 regen? I was thinking of dumping 16 into int just for the tier of m/s. You recommend against it? Also, does the lack of int make your dmg spells like lightning noticably weaker, or does the dex compensate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

uh you start at a default of 7 int, if you are plannig on equiping all four Thoth peices, you'll get +28 to int, add that to the deafualt 7 and u should have around 35 int. as for the spells damage, I have no clue, i have noticed that some, like drain life after using nightmare can do ALOT of damage. Ive seen the black armored mobs take anywhere from 190-390 or more damage from a nightmare, drain life combo...well at least thats my impression atm. Time for me to test out these combos and spell damages
    Last edited by Esus; 06-14-2010 at 04:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kirei View Post
    dude i have been a pally since long before 1.2 and let me tell you, the gear of Thoth, is a god send. it is the most perfect thing for me. i have full Thoth and i spam spells and cant seem to run out of mana
    I agree with this statement!!!! I happened to get the sword and the armour yesterday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

ive been using the spear, it rapes!

and i dont even have to use mana pots anymore, i was using like 1000 mana pots a day before i got the gear.

I CAN ACCUALY GOLDFARM ON MY PALLY NOW YAY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

ill be posting my lvl 40-45 pally build in the next week or so, keep your eyes peeled ^-^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For this spec, would it better to use 1h wep with shield ? or 2h wep.
    Any specific stats i should look for on gear ? perhaps 1m/s, +str +dodge and so on ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBeatz View Post
    For this spec, would it better to use 1h wep with shield ? or 2h wep.
    Any specific stats i should look for on gear ? perhaps 1m/s, +str +dodge and so on ?
    Just my opinion (but probably close to Violentsaint's also): Most Paladins are Paladins for the reason of being an enchantress and having enchantress spells, but also having the armor of a warrior. This is why I would use a 1h weapon and a shield. As for gear stats. The level cap gear that is out right now (which is what you should worry about) has gear specific for each class and spec. Enchantress skills use a lot of mana, so most Paladins use Thoth gear (high m/s). This allows them to basically have unlimited mana Some Paladins add an Isis piece of gear for the small extra h/s boost. Hope this helps you out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

minumun strength for the armor, sheild, and weapon is 127, i'm not sure nor do i remember the requiremwnt for the helm atm. Each piece grants 7 to int, which has given me around 318-320 mana points, the rest i put into dex for crit and dmg

Helm 147 str ()
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up