Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Will twinks own the ursoth event leader board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    This whole thread seems like adults who understand this is life and its not perfect, there are flaws and this is a perfect example.

Versus other people who expect unrealistic things like twinks to not have entry to LB even tho they spent gold and plat too.

Double LB for end gamers and for twinks? if all parties agree sure why not but in the end you'll have 60 pieces of this egg instead of 30.

LB for people below lvl35 to keep track would be extremely useful as mokdad suggested but it would fix nothing.

I suggest we stop pointing fingers at end gamers being "un-wise" or twinks being "jerks who abuse a loophole in the system" and start looking for a real solution to this serious matter, i dont have one said solution but there are many far more creative than me who can help.

Please stop fighting about whose right and whose wrong cause in the end both end gamers and twinks spent the same plat and the same gold (not talking about amounts)
    Good luck to all the LB'ers, many of those endgamers are my close friends and i support them but staying objective is one quality im glad i didnt neglect.
    I couldnt agree more with you mata, thank you for this useful post, lets stop fighting and find a solution. Suggestions are open, I for one would suggest something against twinks as I am an end gamer runner and hate the fact that I have no idea if im going to lose my spot or not, should I continue or am I just wasting? Should I stop or this might be fixed and il regret that I stopped?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    This whole thread seems like adults who understand this is life and its not perfect, there are flaws and this is a perfect example.

Versus other people who expect unrealistic things like twinks to not have entry to LB even tho they spent gold and plat too.

Double LB for end gamers and for twinks? if all parties agree sure why not but in the end you'll have 60 pieces of this egg instead of 30.

LB for people below lvl35 to keep track would be extremely useful as mokdad suggested but it would fix nothing.

I suggest we stop pointing fingers at end gamers being "un-wise" or twinks being "jerks who abuse a loophole in the system" and start looking for a real solution to this serious matter, i dont have one said solution but there are many far more creative than me who can help.

Please stop fighting about whose right and whose wrong cause in the end both end gamers and twinks spent the same plat and the same gold (not talking about amounts)
    Good luck to all the LB'ers, many of those endgamers are my close friends and i support them but staying objective is one quality im glad i didnt neglect.
    I couldnt agree more with you mata, thank you for this useful post, lets stop fighting and find a solution. Suggestions are open, I for one would suggest something against twinks as I am an end gamer runner and hate the fact that I have no idea if im going to lose my spot or not, should I continue or am I just wasting my time? Should I stop or this might be fixed and il regret that I stopped?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Sorry about that my internet lagged and posted that reply twice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    You're right. Unfortunately, time and again, STS doesn't clearly state the rules. If they wanted the event to be for L35+, they should have made that very clear. Then, "twinking it" is clearly against the rules and would be considered an exploit. However, they didn't do that. They leave too much for interpretation, and they take too long to clarify. The longer it is left unclear, the larger the gap grows. Those that are on the fence about it will eventually fall on the side of what's better for them. Nip it in the bud in the beginning and minimize the collateral damage.

Its a shame that each time an event like this is put on where there is an opportunity to unify your customers/players, it turns out like this. Only the tarlok event wasn't this way because there was no competition.

Well said! Tarlok was a blast and just about everyone I know in the game thoroughly enjoyed playing in that event! Also, Delphy was very prominent during the whole event in game, guild hopping and continuously checking on the event morale amonst all the players! I have yet to even see a moderater show up in any of the maps during this event or visit our guild. Of course, different time zones are a factor but it was always so awesome to see Delphina in guild chat as she jumped around boosting spirits and making all our members excited to talk to her and share their ideas in the more personal setting of guild chat. Being part of the AL community on a daily basis, especially during a huge event seemed to make a difference and definitely was her specialty. Eh, maybe it was just the Christmas spirit in the air!

(Yes, I realize I was off topic)

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to leoakre For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

The solution is simple, but they also know them. All you guys, it was done on purpose. Guys wake up. At this time they are at the beach, laughing and eating on the money you give us, is that you will continue to give them.
    Happy holidays STG.
    Beware of lightning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

You would think sts would answer since people are spending time and money on this, the longer it goes on the bigger the problem! People are angry and upset now think about the end of event day!

Feel so sorry for all of you in limbo! My 2 best friends want to give up but have spent so much time and money and they are literally exhausted staying up every night on it and they only have half the points the twinks do. I'm not blaming the twinks they have also spent time and money but they are also gaining points x2 faster so this is where it becomes hugely unfair because then they will level to 35 on the last day :/

Simple solution for future events SCALE THE MOBS TO THE LEVEL gosh! As for now I think I read in another post suggestion, people over eg 300k get a pet, Imo that is gonna be the only fair way out of this

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Emmacheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

We can just make twink lb and freeze exp gain to make them stay as twinks for the event, since they want to use the easy way and run as twinks then lets make them work hard like end gamers by giving them prizes buttttt only top 3 each class gets an egg.

That way we wont have 60 arcane egg giving, and twinks wont lose thier money and plats for nothing. Seems fair to me

And if u think that this doesn't sounds fair for twinks then check this out ..
    Quote Originally Posted by Revokin View Post
    489k points...
    level 10 twink
    revokin
    Current number 1 in overall lb now has 280k points, if this wont be fixed soon, we alllllll gonna get whipped out last day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

What emma said there are many simple solutions for make it work in fair way.
    Beware of lightning

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Best of luck to ALL who participate in the race...... There are no guarantees in life and as such, no one will be guaranteed one of those eggs.
    I really do think that the old "CLIENT" was far better for the overall morale of the game but remember
    STS is an app game, one which was designed solely to make you spend your real hard earned money,
    and it seems to me sts has been improving on how to effectively earn the most real money they can.

In a few years from now or less sts will have abandoned AL like they have many of their other games.
    Milk the cow til its dry and then shoot it because its now served its purpose and will be more useful as meat.

Best of luck to all who spent their real hard earned money throughout this event, or in this game in general.
    when i spend my money i like it to be on tangeble real life items that i can benefit from, and not imaginary online items.

I honestly feel bad for everyone who spent their real money i do, but no one twisted anyones arm to do so. That was a choice that each individual must accept as their own choice.
    I am off for vacation tomorrow where i will spend thousands of real dollars on making real memories with my wife and kids. Catch u all later
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

This game is bullshyt, developers keeps making little mistkes that cause lots of disaster and unfairness or whtever shyts .
    Go ahead sts, making atupid mistakes every events, eventually, your game seeming to reach to an end soon,
    Good luck sts, and keep up with all your shyty mistakes, stupid stuffs. Im out of this.
    Melissa.Mls/ Melisaz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

One more thing i want to add is this..... im not sure about google store or their policies on returns but i do know that if you made any purchases through ios (aka apple products)
    and you were dissatisfied with what you received on grounds that the company u purchased them from were misleading or if they nerfed an item that you paid for,

You have every right to request for a full refund on all purchases made within the last 90 days through your apple id.....hope that helps some
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hakoom7 View Post
    Sorry about that my internet lagged and posted that reply twice
    Thrice:P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

We can just make twink lb and freeze exp gain to make them stay as twinks for the event, since they want to use the easy way and run as twinks then lets make them work hard like end gamers by giving them prizes buttttt only top 3 each class gets an egg.

That way we wont have 60 arcane egg giving, and twinks wont lose thier money and plats for nothing. Seems fair to me

And if u think that this doesn't sounds fair for twinks then check this out ..

Current number 1 in overall lb now has 280k points, if this wont be fixed soon, we alllllll gonna get whipped out last day
    You mean stopping people to get exp? Lol why? What rules have they broken to be prevented from getting exp? Its very immature thinking to prevent twinks from participating in LBs and claiming the event contests!!!
    Everyone are allowed to do events and they can opt for whatever the easiest ways are available. They said LB of 35+ levels. They didn't say one have to be 35+ at the start to participate -.-

They are just doing the event like everyone else and hell no its not easy stuffs. They are spending hell lots of plats and golds aswel. I don't see any wrong in that!
    Of course its lil unfair to end gamers but then which event was 100% fair anyway!!
    Some events are easier for endgamers some are for twinks some are for rogues etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    You mean stopping people to get exp? Lol why? What rules have they broken to be prevented from getting exp? Its very immature thinking to prevent twinks from participating in LBs and claiming the event contests!!!
    Everyone are allowed to do events and they can opt for whatever the easiest ways are available. They said LB of 35+ levels. They didn't say one have to be 35+ at the start to participate -.-

They are just doing the event like everyone else and hell no its not easy stuffs. They are spending hell lots of plats and golds aswel. I don't see any wrong in that!
    Of course its lil unfair to end gamers but then which event was 100% fair anyway!!
    Some events are easier for endgamers some are for twinks some are for rogues etc.
    My idea was to stop the xp gain for the event only so they have thier own lb and in thier own lb only top 3 each class gets an egg, the xp gain stopped just so they dont jump in to our lb at last day. Since everyone saying its fair then how u explain best of the best with 280k points while some twink with almost 500k point? What else can we do to have that huge amount ? I swear we been running since morning till midnight what else can we do? Stay awake for a whole week to try and catch up with twinks ?

Is that what everyone talking about, let the event be for twinks only ? Mathematically its impossible to beat those twinks, so there this whole event was made for twinks yet the lb was made for level 35+ !!!! Does that make sense?

Name:  1405020160969.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  18.2 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

My idea was to stop the xp gain for the event only so they have thier own lb and in thier own lb only top 3 each class gets an egg, the xp gain stopped just so they dont jump in to our lb at last day. Since everyone saying its fair then how u explain best of the best with 280k points while some twink with almost 500k point? What else can we do to have that huge amount ? I swear we been running since morning till midnight what else can we do? Stay awake for a whole week to try and catch up with twinks ?

Is that what everyone talking about, let the event be for twinks only ? Mathematically its impossible to beat those twinks, so there this whole event was made for twinks yet the lb was made for level 35+ !!!! Does that make sense?

Who are those twinks? I believe most of them are noone but endgamers like us. If they made twink cuz its faster I don't see anything wrong! Its not a cheat! People race each other in this LB contest hence opting for faster way is their right!! There were noone stopping you to make twinks and invasting plats and golds in there to chase the LB instead of your main profile! If you did, you wouldn't be cheating you would just be called played smart.

If it had to be stopped, it had to be from the start not after coming this far! If the LBs, rules are changed in the middle of a contest, it will be extreme disastrous and the twinks will lose all the hard works plats and gold they had invested. You can hate how they have choosed to play the LB race but can't accuse them for doing anything against the rule!
    Sts had to make the rule only 35+ could participate. Newcomers Low levels would be sad though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Who are those twinks? I believe most of them are noone but endgamers like us. If they made twink cuz its faster I don't see anything wrong! Its not a cheat! People race each other in this LB contest hence opting for faster way is their right!!
    Well, the first major thing that is wrong is that they are hidden from the leaderboard. First and foremost.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

zyn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

They should have made it so everyone under lvl 35 could reach gold tier but once you hit gold tier you cant gain anymore points unless you lvl to 35+, but still be able to earn tokens. Just my 2 cents

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jumpstartz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpstartz View Post
    They should have made it so everyone under lvl 35 could reach gold tier but once you hit gold tier you cant gain anymore points unless you lvl to 35+, but still be able to earn tokens. Just my 2 cents
    Perfect solution.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    Well, the first major thing that is wrong is that they are hidden from the leaderboard. First and foremost.
    That's true and sts should have think about it if they kept the twink way open!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Appropriately said, Koomy! This event was made for twinks but the event's LB was designed for upper level players! I say STS should refund all the upper level toon's platinum, gold, and credit card purchases for platinum which helped to supply the energy for running during this farce of a race! No, it wont give back all the hours of lost sleep and time spent with extreme dedication for all those level 35+ players who had visions of more than just sugarplums in their heads, but it might alleviate some of their pain! Since all these players entered this contest as upper level toons who took the event rules at face value (because the are all sweet with not a devious little bone in the bodies) and invested time and loads of gold & such into this race, then the Devs should be fair and spend just as much time pouring over all the records since the event began in an honest effort to correct their own ambiguity of the rules, therefore attempting to provide some form of closure to a bad situation.

They could also stipulate that the prize pet awarded to such twinks that opt to level up at the last minute may not be transferred to their capped toon for use. Meh! Already can count the number of things wrong with that on both hands! Name changes, gear transfer, etc...

Sighs

Let the twinks have the eggs, just make it right with the players who tried to participate honestly!
    Last edited by leoakre; 07-10-2014 at 03:30 PM.